[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marker thread? Seems like a lost art; I love seeing product/architectural

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1257.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1257.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
Marker thread?

Seems like a lost art; I love seeing product/architectural renders from the 70s/80s/90s, and as an Arch student I'm trying to become proficient in using these kinds of drawings in my work.
>>
File: 67800.jpg (105KB, 960x954px) Image search: [Google]
67800.jpg
105KB, 960x954px
Did these sketches before the previous render; I like markers for their 'punch' in delivering solid areas of color & definition in a very gestural way.
>>
>>2362416
Sketching, drawing techniques for product desingers by Koss Eissen and Roselien Steur
Perspective Sketching, Freehand and Digital Drawing techniques for artists and desingers-

Two pretty neat books about exactly what you want and both have great marker drawings, check them out.
>>
>>2362419
Forgot: Second Book is by Jorge Paricio
>>
>>2362419

Thanks, I have the Eissen book, but I'll look into the second.
>>
>>2362416

Yep, even though i've never messed around with it too much myself I have always been a fan. Craig Mullins early presence on the internet was a big factor and the way he talked about the guys in the auto industry who were masters at it with great respect. I visited a open house for a well respected ID school somewhere around 2006 and their students had mad drawing skills, super inspiring stuff. Fast forward to 2010 or so I talk to a girl who just graduated from the very same school. Apparently they no longer teach analog techniques. Form sketching is completely replaced with sketchup renderings :( I can understand that they'd stop using expensive markers when you have photoshop, but I still believe there are massive benefits to be able to visualize 3d shapes flatly without the aid of a 3d software for a designer.
>>
>>2362432

>they no longer teach analog techniques. Form sketching is completely replaced with sketchup renderings

this kills me. using sketchup for a client render is the laziest shit
>>
>>2362416
Shame the old marker thread died
>>
File: 1452624235879.png (1MB, 1267x669px) Image search: [Google]
1452624235879.png
1MB, 1267x669px
>ordered a set of copics in november
>they still haven't arrived

I know it takes time to ship from Japan but what the fuck amazon.
>>
>>2362721

The whole situation with copic is pretty crazy right now I guess. Huge demand and not enough production. Not sure if that's affecting your shipping time but something to keep in mind. Might be worth trying on ebay if you're still looking to buy
>>
>>2362781

I'm just waiting for them to show up, they were due at the latest two days ago but Amazon can miss their due by date on occasion, but they should have shipped at least.

I'm excited to try them out though. It's that warm greys set. I'm a bit of a marker novice but I've fucked around with a couple of alpha design markers and prismacolors.
>>
What is so good about Copics anyway/
>>
>>2362796

They draw well, refillable and replaceable nibs. But they can go through ink pretty fast (supposedly the ink refills can last around 8ish markers worth but I haven't used one enough to say for sure) and are they're pretty pricey. You can also use them with an air brush system, never tried it though.
>>
If your intrested in ID sketich you have to get this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Solutions-Marker-Techniques/dp/4766107802
>>
>>2362781
>>2362721

bought a set of copic ciaos yesterday via amazon.
Try to look for third party stores that have them in stock, the shipping is also cheaper

Copic sketch are pretty impossible to find atm tho
>>
>>2362721
I just buy several tones of greys from kurekolor or marvy uchida as they are cheaper and are really pretty good.

Aside from that, I really dig yoken and the finecolour brand.

Once I get some serious $$ however, I wanna try using copic out of curiousity.
>>
>>2362721
this picture is a top kek.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.