[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know art schools are looked down on here but, I'm planning

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1446162102778.jpg (318KB, 731x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446162102778.jpg
318KB, 731x720px
I know art schools are looked down on here but, I'm planning to hop into a vocational art school if my all my current uni applications fail. Can I get into one without any art foundation?
>>
>>2361603
>Can I get into one without any art foundation?

LOL sure.

your options are fine art bullshit garbage and/or pay a fuckton of tuition.
>>
>>2361603
>without any art foundation?
tried that, didn't work

get a job which allows you to have time for drawing and just do it
>>
>>2361629
Art school is more fun. Work is so boring you'll lose the will to live and never draw.

For fuck sake do illustration or something practical

I did a sculpture degree that required no trad skills . Fml now
>>
>Can I get into one without any art foundation?

Jesus.

You don't want to go to art school to learn the basics for fuck's sake and you definitely don't want to go to a school that doesn't have any kind of portfolio requirement anyway unless you like paying $300 a month towards your loan's interest for the next 20 years. Take a year or two off from school, get a 20/hr a week part-time job to keep your parents off your back and pick up a goddamn pencil. You could save yourself thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars.
>>
>>
>>2361603
Better idea to read all the solid learning materials on color, drawing and illustration/perspective to get a feel for what you're after. If you're not after it, don't sink even further because you're just bored.

If you want to go out and oil paint for galleries, find a way to Florence. If you want to illustrate, that's the only uni. angle that's worth it.

I say this because art school was an expensive regret, and I learned everything useful after I got out and looked alone.
>>
>>2362663
>>2362657
Are art and illustration different? I was aiming for an illustration course. I guess if all my applications fall out I'll just take a year off and just grind more.
>>
>>2362684
Dude, don't use art school as a last resort. I don't think you should even apply for illustration right now. I guarantee you that very few of the people that "make it" outside of art school just learned how to draw there for the first time. You're in all likelihood setting yourself up for an expensive failure if you do that.

Show your parents that picture of the art graduates thing so they understand the importance of having patience with you at this time.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.