[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on based Dave Rapoza?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Steve Lichman.jpg (341KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Steve Lichman.jpg
341KB, 1536x1152px
Thoughts on based Dave Rapoza?
>>
Who?
>>
He's a cool guy.
>>
>>2361251

A freelance artist and former criminal.

>>2361254

Agreed!
>>
>>2361257
>former criminal

Tell me more
>>
The way he draws ears makes me cringe, I can't unsee it on every of his comic style drawings
>>
File: 5_17 (1).jpg (236KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
5_17 (1).jpg
236KB, 1067x1600px
his line art style is garbage. he exposed his weaknesses when he switched over.
>>
>>2361267
He started shoplifting when he left school and got caught so he couldn't get a job for a year, so he spent all his time painting instead
>>
>>2361274
explain
>>
Doesn't draw anything that interests me and his mark making style is sloppy and shitty for as popular as he is

Don't have any profound insights into his character though so I can't speculate on that.
>>
Dave is actually one of the least pretentious artists I've heard about. if you listen to him in podcasts and stuff he seems really humble
>>
>>2361338

Being "humble" is just a schtick, it's really just a form of arrogance
>>
>>2361338
He sounds like someone I would drink beers with and tell shitty jokes with.
I honestly wish he had more interesting drawings. He's really good.
>>
>>2361342

Oh fuck off.
>>
You faggots are the worst.
>>
>>2361319
Not that anon but SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME... Ok I hope you get it now, I did see it before too, but is just on Steve's comics you can really see it.
>>
>>2361342
>act like an asshole
>that guy is an asshole
>don't act like an asshole
>He's only faking, that guy is an asshole
lol people can't win with you can they?
>>
>>2361465

>tries to win argument by being a smartass on greentext

asshole confirmed
>>
>>2361257
>former criminal

Everytime I think about that, I just start laughing.
>>
>>2361254
for you
>>
>>2361237
His comics are the best thing i've seen in years, instaclassics
>>
He's a pretty cool guy from all the talks I've heard. Really enjoy his art, not a huge fan of the comic stuff but I supported his book anyway. He did a lot for me with the whole daggers thing.

Also his tutorial pricing for the amount of content goes to show how awesome he is. So fucking sick of people like Anthony jones churning out 30 min videos for the same price..
>>
>>2361237
he steals stuff
he steals his best friend's gf
and gets buttmad that some company steals from him

:^)
>>
>>2361656
Starveil was awesome, but his skill is kinda wasted on this shitty gag comic he's doing right now.

>>2361662
Get over it, Dan. Holy shit you are such a pathetic cuck.
>>
File: 1439966181096.png (69KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1439966181096.png
69KB, 499x499px
QUESTION

Are his gumroad tutorials worth it? The lineart and rendering one. I got a few extra money from drug deals and might buy them.
>>
>>2362413
They are really nice if you want to see good workflows in digital. Also has a ton of other misc educational art things about design, form etc.
>>
>>2362413

only tuts that are worth it imo. 5 bucks for like 5 hours is hella good.
>>
>>2361662
>he steals his best friend's gf
I know about the other two but this can't be true, he can't be THAT much of a fucking cocksucker
>>
His highly detailed digital paintings are amazing. Everything else I could do without. Too bad, since the paintings are probably less fun to do.
>>
Hello, can somebody tell me how does he get that hyper realistic look with textures? When I watch his videos it doesn't seem like he's adding that much detail.
>>
>>2363184
I find his digital renderings boring and generic as fuck but I love his drawings. I'm glad he stopped doing that shit, outside of the occasional marketing illustration gig.
>>
>>2363212
Because he isn't. Shapes and lightning are mostly at work here.
>>
>>2363162
>girlfriends are the property of men that can be 'stolen'
Virgins.
>>
>>2363882
>thinking that that is what "stealing somebody's boyfrieng/girlfriend" means
Autistic retards.
>>
>>2361342
kek
>>
>>2363906
>not providing a better explanation
>>
>>2361251
you're an idiot.
>>
ITT: listless faggots worshipping artist #134,322,581 for no reason other than "they saw him on facebook"
>>
rapoza is a total piece of shit. i've heard countless stories about the guy acting like a total dick bag towards his fans. obviously he's nice in public. no one's going to act like a dick in front of everyone. and yes, he stole Dan Luvisi's girlfriend. shit move. i woudn't trust Dave with anything but i do have to say, the guy is super fucking talented. you idiots hating on his art are fucking retarded. Rapoza is on another level when it comes to creativity and art. he's an asshole, but a talented one.
>>
>>2366146
I've heared your mom suck cocks
>>
>>2363162
Not the gf of his best friend Dan Warren, gf of other Dan (who is not Rapoza's best friend), aka Dan Luvisi. Rapoza would brag on facebook with photos of her, making Luvisi quit using it for a time then return to brag about his new gf recently.
>>
>>2366203
Source?
>>
>>2366203
You fucking idiots, Luvisi had already broken up with Kim when Dave started dating her. She was pretty much sent back home half way through the first THU with Dan having a massive meltdown, they spent the whole time fighting and screaming in the hotel.

Source: Me , I was fucking there when it happened.
>>
>>2366203
>Rapoza would brag on facebook with photos of her, making Luvisi quit using it for a time then return to brag about his new gf recently.

haha shit. Dave isn't even together with the girl in question anymore and Luvisi is still not over the cucking and the /ic/ permavirgins are still talking about it?
>>
>>2366359
Dave is with some sweet young poon, that's all I know. He's a good looking guy, so I'm not surprised.
>>
File: 1453430169334.jpg (58KB, 465x498px) Image search: [Google]
1453430169334.jpg
58KB, 465x498px
>>2361237
>Dave Rapoza?
shit artist
>>
>>2366521
Show your work
>>
What a pathetic thread.
>>
>>2366805
You must be new here.
>>
>>2366351
were they arguing because she was flirting with Dave behind your, i mean, Luvisi's back?
>>
>>2367023

I'm reminded of why I left.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.