[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who inspired you to make art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 20

File: Bob Ross.jpg (504KB, 2500x1745px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Ross.jpg
504KB, 2500x1745px
Who inspired you to make art?
>>
my penis and its unfathomable thirst for lolibutt.
>>
Ur mum
>>
>>2360842
>unfathomable thirst for lolibutt.
>not the dfc

Get your priorities straight.
>>
File: pianoman.gif (438KB, 422x368px) Image search: [Google]
pianoman.gif
438KB, 422x368px
I have no hobby, stress out much and feel uncreative compared to when I was younger. I always thought that I could doodle silly things like Moebius did for fun.
>>
>>2360838
older bro and failure
>>
My influences have been comics.

Vaughan Bode ,Dave Simon and Gerhard,Wendy Pini,Dave Trampier,Moebius,Stan Sakai, Walt Kelly,and more.
>>
No one, I've always just loved it.

First thing I ever drew was a scorpion in Kindergarten.
>>
File: b3792437646650_full.jpg (42KB, 399x297px) Image search: [Google]
b3792437646650_full.jpg
42KB, 399x297px
this guy
>>
My imagination and artist who's world's I like
>>
File: every day.png (57KB, 234x234px) Image search: [Google]
every day.png
57KB, 234x234px
Being scared of pretty women, looking into their eyes was really challenging to me

Doing portraits of beautiful women, but also any kind of person, I've overcome most of my fears and realized I shouldn't be scared of looking at anything or anyone, even moreso if I think she's beautiful
>>
File: 1443852662068.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443852662068.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>2360838
My lust for attention and labels.
>>
>>2360838
To be perfectly honest, a webcomic I read years ago. Flipside. Looking back at it now, it isn't necessarily as good as I thought it was then, but it's still what first pushed me to make art.

I really want to be able to master that combination of writing and art myself. Already decent at writing, but drawing... well, that's why I'm here.
>>
>having someone to inspire you to do art
>needing something to inspire you to do art at all
>not doing art just because you like it
fucking plebs
>>
>>2361530
that's not gonna get you far, but if that's what made you start and you'll find others reasons along the way you are gonna make it
>>
>>2361580
>>2361580
why do you like it?

did you reinvent art? no. so where did you saw art? because most likely that is what impressed you and influenced what you are today and your taste in art
>>
>>2361498
That's deep anon.
>>
>>2360838
Pretty broad answer, but right now it's music for me. Sometimes I listen to a song so good, it almost changes something within me and I feel like making something visually great to go along with it.
>>
>>2361809
Should have added that the key to "something visually great" is ambience
>>
>>2360838
fuggen craig mullins. damn he is so good.
>>
>>2360838
I was drawing one day when I was a little kid and decided to dedicate my life to drawing. So you could say I am self inspired. I didn't know anything about art at that age so...
>>
wanting to praise things i liked. it naturally happened through illustration. things like books and characters. nature followed later, then pretty much everything you can see or visualize. i also liked to make people happy by re-visualizing their requests through my work. also having fun making art in general inspired me, and other artists.
>>
>>2361892
er, not 'praise,' exactly. to celebrate things.
>>
>>2360838
My senpai
>>
>>2360838
Vargskelethor's Mario Paint series.
>>
File: Greatconvocationofbanderbears.jpg (479KB, 1033x1843px) Image search: [Google]
Greatconvocationofbanderbears.jpg
479KB, 1033x1843px
I've been drawing for as long as I could hold a pencil, but it's the art of Chris Riddell in children's books I read that really made me want to make it a career when I'd be older, which I've been working on ever since.
>>
>>2360838
boring high school classes
>>
Chris. Fucking. Metzen.
>>
>>2361635
thats not how it works.
>>
>>2360838
Ken Kelly, Boris Vallejo, Frank Frazetta, etc etc
>>
File: breakin good.png (158KB, 600x733px) Image search: [Google]
breakin good.png
158KB, 600x733px
musa
>>
File: 7580528_orig.jpg (44KB, 560x330px) Image search: [Google]
7580528_orig.jpg
44KB, 560x330px
>>2362825
and before you say tumblr nose
>>
>>2360838
Digimon, I think
>>
I come from a family of artists but it was honestly all the entertainment stuff I had around me.
Franchise toys like Ninja Turtles and Transformers, Star wars movies, Lord of the rings triology (This was a majory turning point in terms of what I drew). Comic Books, Animation movies... I never wanted to be a fine art's artist. Disney Robin Hood blew my mind away when I was 8 years old. Look at that fucking character design!
>>
Mark Kristler!

Thumbs up for drawing! YEEEEAH!
>>
File: c&h.jpg (914KB, 3000x2235px) Image search: [Google]
c&h.jpg
914KB, 3000x2235px
>>2360838
ive always really appreciated any art whos creator had their heart in the right place, and thats what put art in the middle of my life philosophy as a means of communication and expression. that being said i guess you could say my inspiration is constantly revived by artists of all experience levels on a daily basis, but the first person who really inspired me to want to become an artist was vincent van gogh. Calvin and hobbes also captivated my imagination as a kid and i used to try to copy the drawings in the margins of the pages. Bill Waterson is from my hometown and went to my highschool so the idea of him going from doodling in his notebooks to being a famous cartoonist was also very inspiring to me growing up. I love the idea of artists inspiring eachother and im glad that people here are really working to get better and not just posting anime drawings (which is fine if thats your perogative). but maybe if im really lucky one day i can inspire some kid to want to become and artist and it will come full circle. to be honest that would make everything worth it.
>>
Some shitty drawfag on /a/
Figured since they're still at it and slowly improving even I can.
>>
>>2360838
I have literally never told anyone this because I'm ashamed of this now.

When I was in middle school, first year so 6th grade, I was obsessed with Inuyasha.
Yeah I know. Pretty much shit-tier anime but I would probably have literally fought you on that in my childood.

Anyway I spent a lot of my time online looking at sites about, you guessed it, Inuyasha. A lot of this involved browsing fanart and being frustrated I couldn't draw it too.

So I started to practice, vowing to become good enough to draw as good as the artists I admired.

Now I'm 24 and finally surpassed most of them (or at least, at the state they were when I found them) and have never drawn fanart for Inuyasha.

After I realized i didn't want to do fanart after all I started making up my own characters instead and became more and more inspired by comics and cartoons (western)
>>
>>2360838
No one that I can recall. Started drawing with crayons like every little kid.

Later on, it was pokemon and DBZ that inspired me to draw.

Eventually (and today) it's mostly fine artists, living and dead.
>>
>>2363373
No need to be ashamed, a ton of us started out exactly like that. Just makes me feel nice and nostalgic. Same with all of these posts. Looks like I liked pretty much exactly the same things as everyone here as a kid.
>>
>>2360838

I was always drawing, and everyone told me I was good and I should keep going.

Needless to say I'm a loser now who knows how to draw and paint at an average level, and now cannot stop because if I do I feel very ill.

I just did it because it was what I did, what I always did, and what I always will do.
>>
I was off and on with drawing when I was a kid.
However I always love animation and games. The idea of characters coming to life having stories. Anime, manga, and games.

When I was young, I used to make those long as stickman comics, taking printer paper, folding it into a book and staple it with the characters own stories. I lost them cause it was a long time ago.

I want to be a lot of things with art. A game designer, a concept artist, a freelancer, a comic artist, a programmer to make my games and art. So many ideas that just popped in my head, but I'm not at the level to make them come true as of yet.

You can say entertainment media pretty much inspired me.
>>
>>2362831
>>2362825

hope his fucking posts didn't want me to fucking go and kick his ass.
But he really is on medication so I give him that.
>>
>>2360838
I'm all over that phase of my life but maybe John Joseco. Still impressed by his quantity of output but it saddens me a bit how he hasn't improved much.
>>
>>2360838
my grandpa was a painter
>>
Van Darkholme
>>
>>2360838
Scifi and fantasy movies, comics, games, anything with a storytelling element. I have a very vivid imagination and there's nothing I love more than totally immersing myself into another, more beautiful world than this one. I draw because I want to immerse people in my stories, too, and show them the places I've created.
>>
File: lg-promo-art-attack-1.jpg (27KB, 288x269px) Image search: [Google]
lg-promo-art-attack-1.jpg
27KB, 288x269px
>>
>>2360838
Myself, because I get these feelings I want to control, and the best way is by putting them on paper. Of course, I don't draw feelings, but what gives them to me. It used to be alot of girls I'd like when I was a teen, but now it's those nostalgia feelings mostly.
>>
>>2364788
>Those giant pictures he would make out off stuff like salt or clothes

Still impressive to this day
>>
File: 1452886371607.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1452886371607.gif
1MB, 209x180px
I was inspired by a lack of creative outlet since I started college because I couldn't find a place to play piano. My grandfather used to paint and I thought I might have some of that paint mojo in the blood from him so I gave it a shot, seems like I do since I'm improving pretty quickly.
>>
File: airi2.gif (555KB, 139x140px) Image search: [Google]
airi2.gif
555KB, 139x140px
>>2364836
>>
I always liked to draw, but Clint Cearley is the one that made me realize "Goddamn, I really need to get my shit together"
>>
my mind kept generating storys and characters and I don't like writing immense descriptive paragraphs, easiest way to get it out of my head is to draw
>>
File: cdbad77229999574ea7c518ec3d37bb5.jpg (377KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
cdbad77229999574ea7c518ec3d37bb5.jpg
377KB, 1280x1810px
I never cared much for art when I was younger, until when I learned to appreciate Vocaloid and anime at the age of 17-18.

That was 4 years ago and I have been drawing ever since.
>>
>>2364836
>>2364839
nice ari suzuki gifs
>>
I want to make a comic that I've wanted to make for so long, but need to learn how to draw first in order to do it. Also, I'll be a drawfag or something in my freetime.
>>
File: Serge Marshennikov (11).jpg (624KB, 1008x867px) Image search: [Google]
Serge Marshennikov (11).jpg
624KB, 1008x867px
Random /tg/ drawfags making stupid shit that made me laugh.

Since then my inspirations have expanded to more common ones, I love a lot of 19th century painters (especially the Russian ones). I don't necessarily want to emulate their realism style completely, but I still love the color and rendering.
>>
>>2360838
Been drawing shit since I was 7....no idea what started it all.
>>
>>2364972
>7
fuck, are you any good?
>>
>>2360838
your mom
>>
File: baphman.jpg (1MB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
baphman.jpg
1MB, 2480x1754px
>>2364974
not really, drew weebshit for the longest time, trying to escape it. Been doing animals recently for practice. This is probably the most half way dencent thing I've done. in a while since getting a new wacom pen ive been dooding alot trying to get patreon started but breaking out of manga is hard.
>>
>>2364979
That's actually pretty decent, work on cleaning those lines up.

what's your patreon? I can send a few your way.
>>
File: owl.jpg (445KB, 1177x917px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
445KB, 1177x917px
>>2364981
>>2364983

posted it where it belongs, shitty owl I did yesterday.
>>
One hour quick draw threads. I love hearing people degrade me, even if it's just artwork.
>>
>>2360838
Satan
>>
File: can I get a hail satan.png (41KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
can I get a hail satan.png
41KB, 420x294px
>>2368648
>>
A lot of people in my family paint, but I mostly started out of respect for my grandmother.

>grandfather died when my dad was 2
>grandmother in charge of taking care of the remaining 7 kids with no formal education
>constantly working 2+ jobs
>whenever she had free time (which was scant) she would paint to Bob Ross
>eventually took over the management of a lodge innawoods in rural Idaho
>made about 200 landscape paintings while she was there, a lot of them are scattered around our walls today
>made enough money to put my dad through college
>kept painting until she was too old to

I don't know. I just grew up in a household where having a passion about art was a very tangible thing
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.