[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well guys, this place sucks ass but there are people who know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: ___55_by_sinix-d7gal2b.jpg (663KB, 1080x1000px) Image search: [Google]
___55_by_sinix-d7gal2b.jpg
663KB, 1080x1000px
well guys, this place sucks ass but there are people who know their shit here.

I'm in the need of an art community right now and since conceptart is dead.

What's the best place to go now? a place with a sketchbook but also an active forum, a place that's not anonymous (because we all know that's no good when no one shows their work)

anyone here know of a place like that? I'm new to art, but I'm not new to gossip to not know what happened to CA and CGhub

>tl:dr
>what's the most complete art comunnity on the net at the moment?
>>
>>2360300
/ic/
>>
>>2360300
The golden age of art communities that gives good critics are over.
>>
This is probably 3 or 4 thread like that in the last days.
Protip: The only one retarded is you, OP. Gtfo and draw some Loomis instead of sucking dicks.
>>
>>2360304

this, you can always try facebook where everyone is bitter sweet kind to you because they have a name attached to their profile pic
>>
>>2360309
well, I'm not those people. boothefuckhoo. you are delusional

>>2360308
Is it really? that's really sad though

>>2360317
well, polite wouldn't be bad. I like critique though, as long as I can see your work to see from where that critique came from?
here you can't see unless that person chooses to show you. why would I even take critique on a place where I once read "Sergey Kolesov is shit"

plz explain anon. I think I might be stupid
>>
>>2360325
>here you can't see unless that person chooses to show you
so just ignore those who don't post their work

People intentionally form their posts for upvotes, likes and forum +pts. They put on a fake personality to impress their circle of already established friends. The most helpful posts is known to be SEO friendly and big marketing for the artist and smart people know this.It only benefits them when they critique you by literally giving you the same advice /ic/ would give you.

Conceptart.org was always bad and bitter to new people. I think I've discussed about this x100 times already.
>>
>>2360345
do you truly not believe there is good in this world? jesus christ, being polite doesn't mean you are actually a double-faced person. and nice people are usually nice because being nice is nice?. what's wrong with being nice anyway?

ic doesn't give advice, ic actually tries to shut everyone off. Especially if you have a name as an artist.
and conceptart was bitter to faggots who did never actually study. let's not talk about ellwell though. first he was always an ass. second, he's still bad AND still an ass
>>
>>2360300
Have you tried Cubebrush? Or if you have the money how about Leansquared?
>>
>>2360469
Best is still /ic/ though, I love the anonymity and the though love.
>>
>>2360317
Well and here everybody is unnecessarily mean and nonconstructive because they are anons. Both is equally bad and in both places you're able to get 1 good crit out of 100.
>>
>>2361840

Disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
>>2361851

yes, yes you do.
>>
File: скетцхес.jpg (199KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
скетцхес.jpg
199KB, 706x1000px
as someone who had sketchbooks on every more popular art community, conceptart,crimson daggers,permanoobs I can tell you that unless you suckup to people and get into a circle jerk that there's really no point in having a sketchbook, if anything for your own personal tracking.I've kept a sketchbook on crimsons for 3 years, on permanoobs since it was made 2 years ago and on Conceptart since 2012. Aside from the occasional praise from new artists, that are basically trying to sucker you in to crit their own work , you don't get any helpful critiques. You best bet is just to find an actual atelier and get professional input.
>>
>>2361862
>You best bet is just to find an actual atelier and get professional input.
Aka stay on /ic/
>>
>>2361872

not really. If you have the money, attending a descent atelier like Watts or something close in skill range you can improve alot more AND faster than staying on here. This place is more often than not just toxic. I for once know that my works don't get any critique whatsoever whenever I post on here, it straight up gets ignored. If anything, when you attend an atelier you can get actual drawing practice with real models.Not just copying photos that defeat the whole purpouse of life drawing
>>
>>2361875
>hrmm actually maybe oneday I could go the the USA and do that?
>How much is that?
>no.

Who am I kidding, I work min wage
>>
File: giphy.gif (326KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
326KB, 500x282px
>>2362025

best ateliers in the world aren't even american.Also Watts provides online tutoring. Seems to me you're just looking for an excuse.
>>
>>2360300
join unmotivated losers the group on DA
its /ic/fags but wth work attatched
>>
>>2362058
Thanks, that looks exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>2361862
>Conceptart since 2012

CA was complete dogshit by then, none of the people that made it good were still there.
>>
>>2362169
It was my first sketchbook and I was just starting to actually take art seriously and study. Obviously I had no knowledge that the more popular artists were already gone. Regardless there were still people much above my level at the time. So it was still worth it. Or so I thought.
>>
>>2362172
I lurked CA since 2008, only made an aborted attempt of a sketchbook thread, like a couple pages. Really wish I'd taken advantage, that place was magical back in the day, the discussions had on there were like those 1 in a 100 good threads you get on /ic/.
>>
>>2360308
Yup.
>>
>>2362182
>I lurked CA since 2008

same, only made an account in 2012
>>
>>2362190
It wouldn't sting so bad if CA.org had at least kept the threads up for posterity, or put them in an archive or something, but almost all the images have gone, so reading old threads is an exercize in frustrastion.

Tears in the rain senpai.
>>
>>2362201
How was CA like all that time ago ? I only discovered it much later, so while there is still some good stuff left, I can only imagine how good it must have been.
>>
>>2362213
It was the promised land, pro artists and highly motivated up and comers from the four corners of the world discussing every possible aspect of art.

Sure it got a bit hiveminded at times, and there was a kind of house style and things that were expected of you (Loomis! Anatomy! Studies!) but there were also all kinds of oddballs with unique styles.

The lounge was comfy as fuck too, I actually found 4chan via CA.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.