[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Choosing a modern artist HELP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: vwpLE0nE.png (518KB, 1123x512px) Image search: [Google]
vwpLE0nE.png
518KB, 1123x512px
Hello /ic/
I must choose a modern artist that is meaningful to me and I am currently stuck choosing.
My favorite artist by far is Rebecca Sugar for her contribution to changes in society and her amazing and unique style.

But on the other side I also like Aidan Hughes, the English artist for KMFDM, who isn't quite as interesting as Rebecca but I would be able to talk about some of his art pieces for a longer period of time due to their impact.

Who do I choose and why? Thanks /IC/
>>
File: 12158101.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
12158101.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>modern art
>>
End your life senpai
>>
File: GARDEN VARIETY TRASH.jpg (171KB, 640x538px) Image search: [Google]
GARDEN VARIETY TRASH.jpg
171KB, 640x538px
Bait

[ - ]
>>
>>2359709
>>2359724
>>2359728

>Contemporary
>>
>>2359709
>My favorite artist by far is Rebecca Sugar for her contribution to changes in society and her amazing and unique style.
Is this a joke?
>>
>>2359709
I mean this is obviously bait BUT
I would go with Sugar, whether people want to admit it her not her work has had a lot of (pop) cultural impact, for better or for worse. I think her pre-SU stuff is way more interesting than the show itself and some of it is worth commenting on.
>>
>>2360140
>whether people want to admit it her not her work has had a lot of (pop) cultural impact, for better or for worse
Like what, exactly? Because if anything, Pen Ward had more of an impact. If it wasn't for her experienced on Adventure Time, she might not have redesigned her style as heavily as she did.
>>
>>2360148
No, you're right, Pen Ward has had just as much if not more of an impact than Sugar. I guess I'm looking at this less aesthetically and more culturally...the SU fandom seems to have morphed into something entirely different. There's a weird amalgamation with internet activism/SJW culture that, Adventure Time seems to harbor less of? I mean obviously theres a huge fandom around Marcelline/Bubblegum but it feels more like a fandom and less of a bizarre subculture.
Sorry, I've been drinking haha. I am disappointed that Sugar redesigned her style, when SU was announced I was hoping it would look like her older work.
>>
>>2360156
>.the SU fandom seems to have morphed into something entirely different. There's a weird amalgamation with internet activism/SJW culture
I think SU is just flavor of the month, though. Like MLP, Adventure Time, and Homestuck all burst with huge explosions of fan-stuff during the height of their popularity. SU does seem to have accidentally become Tumblr's weird SJW mascot, but Tumblr is nuts and I don't know if what's trendy with them reflects long term pop culture.

Adventure Time at least spawned an actual style difference in the animation industry as a whole, alongside even a Korean animated rip-off show. If you've seen that recent Lucky Charms commercial, it's basically ripping off AT's style.

Sugar is definitely popular with young artists though. I can see her having a big influence when those artists go on to make their own shows 10 - 15 years from now like Craig McCracken and Gennedy inspired other people to.
>>
>>2360168
These are all good points.
>Adventure Time at least spawned an actual style difference in the animation industry as a whole, alongside even a Korean animated rip-off show. If you've seen that recent Lucky Charms commercial, it's basically ripping off AT's style.
Which show? Had to google the commercial, holy shit that is blatant.
>Sugar is definitely popular with young artists though. I can see her having a big influence when those artists go on to make their own shows 10 - 15 years from now like Craig McCracken and Gennedy inspired other people to.
Yeah, I can definitely see her influence being more apparent in a decade or so.
>>
>>2360177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIgWgFjTG8A
It was Chinese, thought it was Korean.
>>
OP here, this isnt bait unfortunately... Sorry if I have a bad taste in modern artists.
>>
>>2359709
you choose danny brown cause he said "stank pussy smelling like Cool Ranch Doritos" in a song once.
>>
>>2359709
Go with Sugar. She went through a lot, especially after she came out as gay. That grrl is an inspiration to all who have to deal with the daily discrimination for being who they are.
>>
>>2360845
Consider me baited
>>
>>2360168
>Adventure Time at least spawned an actual style difference in the animation industry as a whole

The style is clearly a rip off rubberhose animation and surreal artists like Hienz Edelmann
>>
>>2360847
What bait? It's true, Rebecca is a hero in the industry.
>>
Are you sure you're on topic, OP? These aren't modern artists. Modern art is older than you. You mean contemporary art, which is whatever is current.

Your choices are at the very outskirts of the art world, which is fine by my standards, but it may be off the mark for your presentation. But if it doesn't matter, pick your favourite.
>>
>>2359709
>My favorite artist by far is Rebecca Sugar for her contribution to changes in society and her amazing and unique style.
Have you taken into consideration suicide?
>>
File: 1452415608851.png (117KB, 467x625px) Image search: [Google]
1452415608851.png
117KB, 467x625px
>>2360140
>I think her pre-SU stuff is way more interesting than the show itself and some of it is worth commenting on.
Yeah, anon. I sure love Sugar's yaoi fetish, really commendable for a fujoshit.
>>
oh

my

GOD
>>
>>2360148
>Like what, exactly?
Her anime references clearly, it's so genre defining.
>>
>>2360156
>the SU fandom seems to have morphed into something entirely different.
They've always been Tumblr with an upgrade in their mentality to thinking like a SJW.
>>
>>2360845
>She went through a lot, especially after she came out as gay.
>gay
That explain why she look like a male.
>>
>>2362202
God isn't yours and has nothing to do with this.

Got something to say anon? Say it.
>>
>>2359709
Funny how you can tell just by the picture what an obnoxious cunt that thing on the left is. Funny how morons like that talk about not labeling people or judging them by how they look, yet choose to wear the uniform that tells you everything about them.
>>
>>2360873
It also refers to "high art", as meaningless as that term has become. Commercial art is rarely labeled as modern or contemporary.
>>
FFS, this thread. Why are you so easily trolled /ic/, why?

>>2359709
>I must choose a modern artist that is meaningful to me and I am currently stuck choosing.

Flip a coin, faggot. Not like there's a wrong answer here or anyone that can prove otherwise. You autistic sperglord.
>>
File: BAIT.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>2359709
>rebecca sugar

Bait.
>>
>>2359709
>>>>>>>modern art
insta-bait
>>
>Modern art
>Meaningful
>Jewish
>Literal degeneracy and anti-culture
>The only times their 'art' on grotesque, defiling and corrupt content is useful is when someone else uses it whilst highlighting that, for example HR Gigers penis monsters
You can talk a lot about their impact alright but none of it is good or positive, even in any part of history.
Fuck off OP and learn how to draw, maybe them you'll appreciate the innate beauty in life and the hard work that goes into the old masters' vision of life.
>>
>>2362199
Pug Davis is good shit tho, anon. At least aesthetically.
>>
>Liking modern art
>Liking modern paintings for deep meaning bullshit

Modern painting is interesting only from a /gd/ pov.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.