[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pen & paper vs digital

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_o0rqpkelMw1ro3irro1_1280.jpg (531KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0rqpkelMw1ro3irro1_1280.jpg
531KB, 1280x1600px
hey
I love working NOT on the computer (exclusively, anyway)
examples of successful/notable contemporary artists who aren't /entirely/ digital?
or discuss about it?

personally i just love the feeling of pen on paper, marker on paper, etc. even if I have to go fix it or make it better digitally I don't ever want to let go of that beauty.

pic is from Bryan O'Malley's tumblr
>>
>>2358834
>I love working NOT on the computer
I wish you had worded that better so you didn't seem like an attention hungry asshole
nb
>>
>>2358837
sorry i was being an asshole hungry for attention
ok i realize i'm making it sound like one is better than the other. that's not what i want.

it seems like there's so many opportunities for digital artists and none for people who like to work with pen/marker/etc. I don't know where to find likeminded people or a support group. I would like to find people who are likeminded or learn about opportunities that I can work with others on pen and paper.

how should i word it better?
>>
>>2358841
Different anon
1st off, as long as it was a geinuine grammatical mistake, this guy>>2358837 is just being a dick. IF you did do it on purpose, well, you made your peace there.
2ndly, if your wanting to become a commerical artist, it could be more difficult. Im not a commerical artist myself, so take this with a pound of salt, but i would think that as long as your making quality work at a good pace, and you scan it into your computer at a good quality, it shouldn't really matter how you did it.
It would probably be very diffiuclt if your client wanted you to alter certain aspects of the picture (shading, colors, ect.).And you have to account for physical art supplies used; whilst in digital art you have inifinite paint, graphite, charcoal, canvases, ect.
However, if you want to try and become of a patreon artist (which has mixed results) its very possible. I know of this one artist who makes a webcomic called "Lets Speak English!"
http://www.marycagle.com/letsspeakenglish/1-shingeki-no-kodomo
Its really funny, and it is all done traditonally with ink and paper. Maybe you could email her and see what she exactly feels about being a traditional artist in the modern era.
She isn't an artist by trade, but she makes a nice webcomic.
>>
File: fucksport.jpg (459KB, 1038x1920px) Image search: [Google]
fucksport.jpg
459KB, 1038x1920px
>>2358834
>>
>>2358834
Thing I like about traditional is the true randomness compared the dropdown menu of algorithms in digital, where even random is only pseudo random
>>
>>2358834
I've been drawing on and off for nearly thirty years, so all of my experience and growth has been on physical media. When I was like four, I drew ant-people, three circles for the body, stick limbs, and circles for eyes. Now, my work can be mistaken for attempting to portray human figures.

I am considering buying a tablet to practice digital art.
>>
depends on what kind of art you wanna do... if youre like me and your goal is fine art to be exhibited and sold in galleries etc that is still 100% dominated by traditional mediums (as it should be)
>>
File: tumblr_ng7flvayQM1rtc2n0o7_1280.jpg (538KB, 1280x794px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng7flvayQM1rtc2n0o7_1280.jpg
538KB, 1280x794px
Why not combine?
Personally, I like drawing a lot more traditionally, but coloring is just so much easier with better results digitally.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.