[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason artists use this pose so much?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 54353534.jpg (394KB, 2564x1090px) Image search: [Google]
54353534.jpg
394KB, 2564x1090px
Is there a reason artists use this pose so much?
>>
They try to giv it dynamism with an overused pose cause they cant figure out a way of still being dynamic with a pose done by their minds, why they cant do dynamic poses without being generic? well, I ask you.
>>
spy is the only one that looks good with that pose
>>
>>2356885
the fact that the arm is behind the cloak ruins the drawing completely. It looks so painful and the cloth is acting strangely.
>>
>>2356892
>being dynamic with a pose done by their minds,
What the fuck are you even talking about. Your entire post is gibberish.

>>2356885
There are only so many poses the human body can do anon. Even the most unique looking pose you will be able to find literally hundreds of other paintings or photos that look similar.
>>
>>2356967
holy shit look harder faggot.
>>
>>2356885
Those are all different poses, anon. I get that their legs are positioned the same way, but how many different ways can you position them?
>>
File: RWRuns.png (353KB, 759x527px) Image search: [Google]
RWRuns.png
353KB, 759x527px
>>2356885

The position of the legs is from one of the basic key frames in a run cycle. IMO even if you're not interested in pursuing animation you should atleast have the basic keyframes of a run/walk cycle memorized
>>
>>2356885
Nitpick of the century.
>>
>>2357120

>that heel strike

As a seasoned runner, this image disgusts me. Dude's gonna fuck up his knees.
>>
>>2357207
stick to running then, art clearly isn't for you.
>>
Whats wrong with drawing people running?
The guy with a guitar and the last 'thing' are fucked impossible poses but complaining about running? Really?
>>
>>2357329
hes talking about the running technique shown in the drawings, specifically landing hard on your heel
>>
>>2357331

It is stylized and not meant to be a naturalistic representation of running.
>>
>>2356885
They are attracted to the diagonal composistion. They dont know why they just know it makes it feel more dynamic
>>
The problem isn't the pose, the problem is that only one of these artists is competent and can make any pose look ugly and generic.

[spoiler]Especially Vivienne.[/spoiler]
>>
>>2356892
>cause they cant figure out a way of still being dynamic with a pose done by their minds, why they cant do dynamic poses without being generic?

nigga the human body can only pose in so many non-retarded ways. Anybody claiming to do 100% original poses from imagination that have never been done before is either full of shit or breaking anatomy full-retard style.
>>
>>2357272

>knowing the healthy way to run means art isn't for you
>you must only depict human behavior in retarded ways to be an artist

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you've got absolutely nothing else going for you and that's why you try to turn your nose up at people who do any single activity that isn't art.
>>
>>2357828

Not that anon, but I have been doing martial arts for 15 years. I definitely have use for it when depicting fighting scenes but at the same time I don't wag my finger at Tom & Jerry for using unrealistic punching techniques. Because that would be fucking retarded.
>>
This thread is salty.

Well, i cant say much about where it originally came from, but I can tell you that if a young artist (which 2/4 of these seem to be) sees xxAishanekoxx use a pose enough times, they'll probably want in too. It seems to be a kind of breakaway from only having drawn static figures.
>>
>>2357845
so you would rather refrain from advancing in anatomical art because?... why not aim to be better than other artists who do not properly depict movement of the body?

I guess that means less competition for me, just dont go around spreading this shit to young aspiring 'artists'
>>
>>2358049

Maybe I wasn't clear or you didn't read what I actually wrote, in any case it's pretty simple. The run cycle as previously stated is not supposed to be a representation of a realistic run. Yes it is more realistic than say, Popeye or Steamboat Willie but it's still intended to have a cartoonish look and feel. If some newbie doesn't get that well I don't care, it's up to them to research movement and body language etc.
>>
>>2357120
this his how middleaged officeworking faggots run
>>
>>2357120
except, no it isnt. Literally look at 1 and 7 of that image. The left leg is bent BACK. OP's image is taking the non shaded leg of #1 and the shaded leg of # 3 and just splicing them together. Literally no type of run would make your legs positioned like that
>>
>>2356885
The style of the last two make me want to vomit
>>
>>2358146

You're overthinking it just to nitpick it seems. It's basically one straight and one bent leg. Yes, the drawings in OP aren't stellar but they are very likely trying to depict some kind of running motion
>>
>>2357272
>stick to running then, art clearly isn't for you.

Art is learning about light, color, basically science.
Properly running is science as well as it shows how the body works.
Art is clearly isn't for you.
>>
>>2358013
>salty
Please die.
>>
>>2358228

>Please die

All these flavors and you chose to be vanilla.
>>
It's an easy dynamic pose for artists that don't know how to implement foreshortening well.

Chop the limbs off at the joint and rotate it like a puppet and tilt the hips.
>>
>>2356885
go google Contraposto
people have been doing this kind of shit for more than millennias
>>
>>2359055

Uh, those are not contraposto lol
>>
>>2359061
I know, but contraposto began the concept of dynamic body pose
then people refined, changed and adapted it, etc.

my point is these are the generic poses of today as contraposto was during the classical greek
>>
>>2356885
Its almost as easy as drawing them standing straight but also makes it look like they've put more effort in than they have
>>
>>2358146
Spy and (who is that wind runner?) both look like they are running. The other two have a kick back and lean against a wall position.
>>
>>2356885
Yes, they're bad artists.
>>
>>2360025
not him but looking at it I would never have guess running.
spy looks like he pivoting (close enough I suppose?) and wind running(?) looks like she's badly bracing for a landing with 1 foot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.