[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Art Feels
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 71
File: 1444863193832.png (162 KB, 543x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444863193832.png
162 KB, 543x600
Anyone else just want to burn their sketchbook?

Also:
>Only motivation for drawing is being horny.
>Never feel inspired to draw badass things like buildings, dinosaurs, cars, weapons, armor, etc.
>>
I keep my old sketchbooks around BECAUSE they are so disgusting

Anytime I feel like what I just drew was total shit I go to look at my drawings from months ago and I am immediately assuaged
>>
File: 1442105060419.jpg (90 KB, 305x303) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442105060419.jpg
90 KB, 305x303
>>2356555
>Spending hours trying to problem solve a pose from imagination using what you've learned from life and study material.

There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you solve it and get a sense of personal accomplishment.
>>
File: image.png (545 KB, 640x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
545 KB, 640x640
>Only motivation for drawing is being horny

Really?
>>
>>2356613
I'm only human, anon. Of course, I try to practice, but I never get into it as much as when I draw sexual stuff.
>>
>>2356647

Drawing porn will get you nowhere, that's why you are already burning out.
>>
>>2356655
>drawing porn will get you nowhere
You're right. You can stay at home while you earn a small loan of a million dollars
>>
>>2356655
>>2356670

https://www.patreon.com/sakimichan?ty=h

its astounding how little you actually know about drawing.
>>
>>2356670
>implying 99% of people practically given millions of dollars don't go bankrupt

You'd surely be one of them.
>>
>>2356555
>Only motivation for drawing is being horny

I know what you mean anon. Sometimes I feel like I only try when I'm drawing the feet.
>>
>can't into scrapbook
>unable to make a quick drawing and always end up making grandiloquant stuff that consumes all my time
>don't git gud outside of that tiny field of mine
How can I fix this ?
>>
File: image.gif (386 KB, 480x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.gif
386 KB, 480x270
>>2356566
I love doing stuff like that, taking on a perfectly anatomically correct pose off the top of my head without reference is a goal for me right now.

Then I remember
>a camera could do the work I'm doing right now
>photoshop could do the work I want to do
>animation could be done with a formula to insert x position to y and invert z for a single shape copied over a dozen times as opposed to drawn by hand
>shading could be done with a computer program
>I'm cultivating a skillset that's slowly becoming obsolete
Muh pencils!
>>
File: image.jpg (551 KB, 2419x1880) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
551 KB, 2419x1880
>>2357215
>step out of your comfort zone
>minimalize your drawing down to simple shapes and fewer strokes
>sit down and try to finish something in less than an hour and work your way down
>shade from a single angle
>fix mistakes at the end
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 1920x1076) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 1920x1076
>>2356555
>Like anons work on /ic/ and start following him on tumblr
>Like almost all of his posts
>He also likes all of my posts
>Tfw not sure if he actually likes them or does it out of feeling like he is obligated to
>Tfw too afraid to ask now since it has been going on for a while

Also
>Feel like doing art is pointless
>People saying industry is saturated
>wonder why I'm doing it
>Draw
>Now I remember why
Truly the best feeling there is.
>>
>>2357266
Thank you anon
>>
>>2357260
fuck off, computer isn't going to do shit.
3D isn't just pushing buttons
>>
>>2357301
You need to makeout with that anon
>>
>>2356555
Is your sex life non-existent?
>>
>>2357379
But I'm not gay.
>>
>>2357657

You are now, also you need to work hard every day to be successful artist.

So it is done! Let it be my final revelation.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 598x334) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 598x334
>tfw ashamed to post art because of how awful it is
>tfw you can't tell if someone genuinely thinks you draw good or they just feel sorry for you
>tfw no sense of improvement
>>
File: Image.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Image.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>have art assignment to turn in tomorrow
>haven't even started it and I have lost all will to even move
>>
>>2356884
mfw this argument
>>
>>2357385
mine is

>most of ours actually
>>
>>2357660
>relevation
>>
>>2356558

This.
Looking at your old, shittier art is a great way to feel a bit better about where you are now.
I keep a folder of my favorite stuff each month just so I can flip through it on my low days and see how the stuff I thought was great at the time is shit compared to my mediocre stuff now.
>>
File: a relevation.jpg (45 KB, 540x405) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
a relevation.jpg
45 KB, 540x405
>>2358206
>>
File: 17306247.png (73 KB, 500x171) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
17306247.png
73 KB, 500x171
>slowly coming back into it
>gathering refs for your first big project in a while
>>
>tfw literally anything else is more comfortable to draw than human faces and clothes
>tfw pixel art takes fucking forever to do a tiny picture
>>
>got a fuckload of refs for everything
>got ideas for oc's to draw but don't do them
>got so so many ideas for fan art but never do them
help me /ic/
>>
drawing is just a way for me to constructively funnel my energy from manic episodes.

when i'm manic everything is good. when i'm not everything is shit. i will never know a reasonable truth.
>>
>>2358448
write them down in a list and start crossing them out. Stat at the top and go down so you don't have to decide what to do next, and you get the added bonus of feeling productive when you cross something out.
>>
>>2358550
i did something similar but this could be more organised and actualy finished thanks anon
>>
>tell yourself you'll only draw for 10 minutes
>end up getting immersed for an hour
A pretty good feeling

Also
>have a bad day
>draw sad things like people crying or being helpless
I don't know why but it always makes me feel better.
>>
File: 1442179614103.jpg (63 KB, 706x706) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442179614103.jpg
63 KB, 706x706
>Reading about people who draw for 3 hours nonstop and don't notice when the music they're listening to has finished
>mfw I stand up every 10 minutes to drink water and constanty change the music
>>
>>2358676

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique
>>
>>2358678

Well that was useful, I'm totally doing this from now on, thanks /ic/!
>>
Is there an online based art community that isn't complete and utter garbage? The art communities on Tumblr and dA are bottom of the barrel and full of insufferable people. I can tolerate "normalfags" better than these faggots online.
>>
>>2358894

Artist name?
>>
File: 41875002_big_p0.jpg (775 KB, 1400x990) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
41875002_big_p0.jpg
775 KB, 1400x990
>>2358922
Hideaki Fujimoto
>>
>>2358926

Nice. I love the grainyness and the subtle dithering effect of the sketches above. Probably just a effect from scanning and downsampling rather than a deliberate stylistic choice but still.
>>
File: 1441027876638.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441027876638.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
>When you run out of weed but don't want to buy more because it's bad for you

It's been a week.. help me
>>
>>2359201

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>2358894
Man, I don't really like animu art but I've always loved that shit

I wanna draw gay porn as great as her.
>>
>>2358947
All of her sketches have the same effect/feel to them.
>>2359208
I don't care for her gay porn, but I'm a fan of the stylistic choices she makes for her work in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 586x456) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 586x456
>tfw you'll never be able to draw from imagination
>tfw not sure how to draw with references other than to produce copies
>tfw want to give up hope
>>
>>2357260
Creativity will probably be the last skillset to become obslete. But then again, going over your "facts" it's apparent you have no idea about how these industries work.
>>
>>2359775
Stop whining and start being shit until you're good.
>>
>>2359775
>>2360099
>Stop whining and start being shit until you're good.
Yeah it's like playing street fighter, you suck all the time, but somewhere between those hours, you will improve.
>>
I use sketchbooks to draw design and research imagery for work I'll do on "good" paper. No need to hate or fear the stuff in them. Think of it as part of the process.
>>
>Just trying to be ok at animu so I can have more fun drawing
>Spiral into frustrating studies of perspectives and objects because I just plain don't want to be bad at them
>>
>>2356655
This. You've started for the wrong reasons. You should quit while you're ahead. That's just as bad as wanting to draw for validation in the special snowflake art communities and just for the sake of being popular to normies.
>>
>>2360145

30 years later anon became accomplished artist known for his mind-blowingly mathematical approach to drawing and anally precise lineweight and placement.

In his mansion in Paris he'll sit alone crying over another bottle of 30k€ wine, asking himself what went wrong and why he can't draw delicious muscle lolis smashing cities with their butts.
>>
All these horror stories about art being a terrible career are so fucking depressing. I'm pretty sure I'm ruining my life chasing a dream I'm not sure I can even reach.
>>
>>2361618
>I'm pretty sure I'm ruining my life

In what way?

By not having enough money, or is it something more complicated?
>>
>>2361618

Yep. You absolutely are ruining your life.

In my case, I have nothing to live for anyway other than art, so despite the fact that I know I'm ruining my life, there wasn't anything to ruin in the first place.

So essentially I'm just delaying my inevitable suicide.

If you feel the same way, why not pursue art? If you have anything worth living for however, stay as far away from seriously pursuing art as possible.
>>
File: 1404782807142.png (206 KB, 851x939) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1404782807142.png
206 KB, 851x939
>>2361653
>In what way?
I have no social life whatsoever and zero useful skills for the working world. While normal people my age are studying for or working stable careers, I've done nothing but suck at drawing. What if I end up spending years trying to git gud with absolutely nothing to show for it because of an over-saturated market? I could've invested some of that time getting into an industry I'd actually have a chance at succeeding at so I'd avoid a fate of poverty and misery (Though I wouldn't be happy).

>>2361667
When you put it like that, yeah, I didn't really have much to live for to begin with.

The only way I can cope with my fears is continuing my journey to git gud. If I'm good enough it will all fall into place right? Even if it takes a decade.
>>
>>2359201
>tfw you smoke so much weed that you need to be high to draw

weed is good for creative bursts but don't rely on that shit for drawing.
>>
>>2358894
>Is there an online based art community that isn't complete and utter garbage? The art communities on Tumblr and dA are bottom of the barrel and full of insufferable people. I can tolerate "normalfags" better than these faggots online.
There is a great online art community called /ic/, its a board on 4chan
>>
>>2359775
Construction! Learn it!
>>
File: 1446296257990.png (140 KB, 381x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446296257990.png
140 KB, 381x270
>Painting at night
>Your parents are having sex in their room and you hear their bed moving and occasional moans
>>
File: lol.jpg (73 KB, 450x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lol.jpg
73 KB, 450x480
>>2362466
lmoa
>>
>Draw, but not as much as i really should
>think i'm getting ok
>starting to see small improvement
>getting the fundamentals slowly
>read Akira
>give up
>throw away art books
>cry
>>
File: i am a genius.jpg (155 KB, 640x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
i am a genius.jpg
155 KB, 640x720
I'm doing a mural painting and man I feel like shit doing it, burned out after every session because it shows every single one of my weak points, even things I thought I was good at are being slammed

>gesture
>drawing from imagination
>proportions
>motherfucking composition
>palette management

And of course the new things I never did and threw myself in the pool to do

>planning several steps ahead
>big scale (2mx1.5m, quadruple the size of my biggest painting)
>moving your sketches from a small paper to big scale
>preparing the paper (it will be glued to the wall because the surface is bad)
>preparing the paints (floor paint) and glue
>paper breaking, twisting, paint sploching
>working in the sun at +30 celcius degrees

I'm sure it'll be very rewarding, I mean 6 months ago I didn't even know how to draw, after a while I became used to charcoal and acrylics, now trying digital too. I plan on doing at least one of those big bois a month and sticking them to certain places in my city

>mfw planning this project
>>
>>2362411
I'm shit with words, and a anonymous stanger, but I'm in a really similar situation and just want to say I hope you get to a good place. It's hard but it can be done.
>>
>>2356555
>Never feel inspired to draw badass things like buildings, dinosaurs, cars, weapons, armor, etc.
No, you are cancer and should cut your own dick off.
I am more of a cancer though, my only motivation is to draw buildings, dinosaurs, cars and weapons and I spend time doing constant half finished fantasy art that I will never finish because I eventually reach some bump or get tired with a piece.
>>
File: cry.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cry.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
> have a metal break down
> fall into a deep depression
> don't draw for four months
> get sketchbook for Christmas
> open it two weeks later
> see writing that says " find your passion anon, don't give up on what you're good at"
>mfw
>>
>>2356555
>drawings have been shittier than usuall all week
>no inspiration

fug.
>>
File: 1434928834852.jpg (374 KB, 1307x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434928834852.jpg
374 KB, 1307x1600
>>2362821
>fall into similar depression
>finally open photoshop again
>start painting
>feel intense joy and wonder why I had even stopped in the first place
>lay in bed and cry
>>
File: 1438167300462.gif (240 KB, 256x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438167300462.gif
240 KB, 256x192
>Commissioner tips you
>>
File: 1425608271155.jpg (17 KB, 272x153) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1425608271155.jpg
17 KB, 272x153
>>2362623
Thanks anon. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>2362821
>>2363000
my god go back to tumblr, losers
>>
File: 1451622318335.png (106 KB, 498x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451622318335.png
106 KB, 498x500
>draw image I really like
>nice lighting, and did the hands well
>it's porn of a safe for work character I made
>can't post it anywhere or people will know i'm a degenerate
>>
>>2358894
You are arleady on it anon
>>
File: 1441135701251.jpg (163 KB, 393x378) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441135701251.jpg
163 KB, 393x378
>Check Facebook
>Girl from my art school complaining that some guy copies the style of kronprinz
>Comment saying that kronprinz is just photos with liquify filters and then tracing over that
>Everyone gets fucking mad at me defending him
>About to post the /ic/ image with all the reference/final work which look IDENTICAL
>Think again
>Not posting anything is a far bigger punishment, letting them live in ignorance
>>
>>2362821
>>2363000
>returning to drawing after depression
>tfw you think about all the time wasted
>tfw you could be so much better by now if you'd just motivated yourself
>>
>>2363993
you are evil anon, leave them in ignorance.
>>
File: 1442443594256.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442443594256.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
>tfw can't tell whether I'm ok enough to start getting small cash for art or not
it's not the integrity, I just don't want to make a fool of myself
>>
File: 1429071218676.jpg (18 KB, 270x297) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429071218676.jpg
18 KB, 270x297
>mfw I want somebody to share sketches and do collabs for fun but I have no idea how or where to look
Help
>>
File: 1416694478935.jpg (54 KB, 490x368) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1416694478935.jpg
54 KB, 490x368
>Your real name sucks
>Can't think of an artistic name
>It costs 15 bucks to change deviant art name
>>
>>2364008
Well, you could always post your art and have someone judge. But I'm guessing you don't want to do that.
>>
>>2364017
>reddit.com/r/artbuddy
>>
>>2363993
Could you post that image? I had a hard drive failure and don't have it anymore.
>>
>>2364039
this is a bad idea. instead you should just go for it. you'll probably end up failing but you'll be able to figure out what employers are looking for a lot quicker and your studies will be more focused (assuming making money is your goal)
>>
>>2363993
you just know they'll defend him anyways. it happens even here
>>
>>2364024
why are you still on deviantart though?
>>
>>2364044
oh thanks, I wasn't aware of that. It's reddit though, do I really want to socialize there?
>>
>>2357812
Is that your drawing? Looks kind of like old 3D graphics looked like in videogames cutscenes, in the WarCraft III era.
>>
>>2358645
>getting immersed for an hour
>>
>>2364086
it's just a teenage girl, let her be
>>
>>2364095
It's the second time I'm being told to let someone be. Am I being too harsh? I'm sorry if yes, I'm just new here and tried to pull some banter
>>
>>2364118
nah I was just trying to mock that poster too because it's most likely he actually isn't a teenage girl
>>
>want to pursue art as a career
>keep trying and keep improving
>it just never seems like im improving fast enough
>get demotivated but keep drawing
>drawing becomes almost painful because it depresses me when i fail a piece
>every now and again a piece turns out good and people dig it
>get an adrenaline rush
>spend life chasing that adrenaline rush and trying to git gud so it can keep happening
>>
File: dt.png (169 KB, 512x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dt.png
169 KB, 512x384
> tfw can't tell if I've truly improved or simply got more patient
>>
>>2364132
But getting more patient is an improvement too. After some point it's mostly about your patiency and attention to details, and you don't get the magica ability to draw masterpieces in 30 minutes. So it's just as good as an "actual" improvement, whatever you imply by that.
>>
>>2364132
getting more patient is also an improvement
>>
>>2364132
>tfw never got patient
>tfw better anatomy and rendering but will never have the patience to do one of those convoluted spectacular paintings
>>
>>2364141
>>2364144
Thank you guys, It didn't cross my mind to see patience as improvement

>>2364158
Have you never tried to let a work for while get back to it and work on and off until you achieve your vision?

/ic/ gives me a lot of shit for doing this but finishing a large personal project feels like nothing else
>>
>>2364118
>>2364123
It's incredibly likely you faggots.

Immersion is fucking the entire day, and you're a wretched casual if you ain't ever drawn or painted or otherwise for an entire day.
>>
>>2364130

You mean you don't personally feel satisfied when you express your ideas through visual media?

I can understand liking praise, but fuck: enjoyment should start with you.
>>
My art gets almost no feedback on social media. Yeah I have a job doing this so I know it's not a skill thing
I'm still learning but I feel like almost every crappy tumblr artist out there gets more feedback on their crappy art than me. I'm just sad. It makes me want to stop drawing.
>>
>>2364977
Make a quick Steven Jewniverse or Undermeme sketch for an ego boost.
>>
>>2364977
Attempt drawing fanart, tag them (e.g. gravity falls, dipper pines, pinecest, mabel pines), follow people who has the same interest with you because you can't always expect people checking the tags.
>>
File: 1453658332346.gif (860 KB, 335x310) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453658332346.gif
860 KB, 335x310
>>2356555
Trips checked OP
But in all seriousness
>in AP Art
>final semester
>need 24 pieces
>don't know what to do for projects
>need inspiration cause I hate my work
ideas?
>>
File: 1431346754435.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1431346754435.gif
2 MB, 410x230
>>2364977
>wanting attention from people who spend too much time on the internet

Stop. These people are worse than the normal fag customers you'd encounter working a day job. The irony is that these people actually believe they are better when they are actually just more insufferable. I've had a better time dealing with customers at a retail job than I have dealing with the idiots that stay glued to the fucking computers and don't have any real social life offline. Social media is a fucking cesspool. It doesn't even matter what site you're on. Not having their attention shouldn't upset you.
>>
>>2363109
you can post it here :)
>>
>see other artists produce amazing rendered drawings
>meanwhile can only draw sketches
>progress is slow as fuck
>get art block
>afraid I'll never reach the level I want to be
>tfw probably will never learn

Or

>want to learn new thing
>look up guides and tutorials
>looks legitimately awful
>continue to go through different guides and tutorials
>still not working
>get depressed
>lose hope
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>2364024
>artistic name
dude...make another account. And don't think about names until you're really good.
>>
>>2364977

It's all about them tags, anon.
If you don't pick frequently checked tags it doesn't matter how good your art is, not many people will see it.
All it takes for your shit to skyrocket is for you to get reblogged by some popular blog - and 99% of the time those popular blogs are fitting a niche, usually fanart.
>>
>>2367374
It does when you see literally every shit tier artist getting their dick sucked except you.
A big part of doing art is recieving feedback, either good or bad.
>>
>>2367578
>>2366293
>>2366273
Also thanks guys. Maybe my tags are shit and i dont draw fanart usually, just fantasy art so, ill try that to see if i can get any feedback whatsoever.
>>
>>2367579
>It does when you see literally every shit tier artist getting their dick sucked except you.
The general public, both online and offline, have bottom of the barrel taste. Pandering is the game you have to play. Quality doesn't matter at all to the general public after a certain amateur threshold.

>A big part of doing art is recieving feedback, either good or bad.
Art is self -serving. You should be doing it because you enjoy the process. If you're only doing it for attention then you have issues that need to be worked out. Internet fame is cheap and worthless. It's a trap that leads people into thinking they have more worth than they really do. That's why there are internet based artists with bloated egos even though they aren't worth anything.
>>
>>2356555
I destroyed my portfolio. All my illustrations and comics and threw the shredded artwork in a black garbage bag and into a dumpster.

But, I did it due to my religious beliefs. My art work now is completely different, and I think it is better as a whole.
>>
>>2367613

>Art is self -serving. You should be doing it because you enjoy the process. If you're only doing it for attention then you have issues that need to be worked out. Internet fame is cheap and worthless. It's a trap that leads people into thinking they have more worth than they really do. That's why there are internet based artists with bloated egos even though they aren't worth anything.

this.
>>
File: 1387326056289.jpg (40 KB, 520x678) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1387326056289.jpg
40 KB, 520x678
>>2367618
>>
>>2367618
Easy there Mohammad
>>
>>2367618
post old or new work?
>>
>>2363035
heres a tip, avoid negative crowds, it'll drag you down, try to find things that make you happy or chat with people that make you happy.
>>
>>2358894
Forums used to be fucking goldmines, but they're not so active any more because of Jewbook.
Concept Art, Crimson Daggers and CGHub (RIP) used to be fantastic, but there are not as many pros posting there now.
Polycount and CGTalk might still be active, but they don't have much 2d stuff.
>>
>>2367793
thanks for the suggestions
>>
>>2367793
>>2367794

yeah polycount and cgsociety are alive (polycount far more so), but as you say, are geared towards 3d. still worth checking out if you are aiming for the games / cg industries
>>
>>2367618
Was it too Haraam for the new doctors and lawyers, Klaus?
>>
File: 1430016548800.gif (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430016548800.gif
9 KB, 645x773
>sometimes lurk /ic/
>not into illustration
>not into cartoon drawing or anatomy based studies or realism
>not even into drawing as it is not my main medium
>types of art I do like are only posted here as cherry picked bad art
>no one to relate to
>>
>>2367883

Not many people can into contemporary.
>>
>>2356875

She was actually at 60k not too long ago...
>>
>>2367652
Actually, I did embrace Islam, so the art I had was incompatible.

It was attached to an old identity, an old life style.
>>
>>2367803
The art was Haraam for Allaah. I didn't shred my art work for anyone else.
>>
>>2367624
Why the worried laughter? lol
>>
>>2367712
Yea, I have a few sample of the old work that was digitally saved in the obscure corners of the internet.

I will upload them onto my website, then I will post the link, just so you can see the difference and change in style and influence.
>>
>>2367520
Don't look for tutorials you fuckwit, look for guides, books and courses about fundamentals: Light and form, color, composition, anatomy, gesture, construction and perspective.
>>
>>2367712
http://www.abdushakur.com

Yea, I use tumblr to host my domain name, and what?
>>
>>2362411
I'm struggling with the same shit man. At times it feels like im an idiot playing with Lego.
It's kind of liberating to see another anon put your own feelings to words. Thanks for doing so mate! Hope you to figure it out. You're not alone mate.:)

>noticed great progress since I honestly got into art
>am now very versatile both in photoshop and with a pencil.
>still feel like I'm not there yet
>Never finish anything
>tfw
>>
>>2367948
>>2367618
No one can out-edge this guy
>>
>getting better at art
>no longer like fantasy/comic shit but that's what I can draw best
>starting to dislike the people into that, but not an art school kid so don't know anything beyond loomis and basics
>>
>>2364067
thats demon souls cover art nigga
>>
File: 1444595631952.jpg (19 KB, 552x553) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444595631952.jpg
19 KB, 552x553
I just want love that's gained from my passion and hobby
that's all

also quit anime
fuck anime
you become a miserable addict from it
>>
File: 1452482488834.jpg (21 KB, 365x363) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452482488834.jpg
21 KB, 365x363
>>2356555
i keep all my sketchbooks and drawings in a box in my closet,sometimes i want to dump the box in the trashcan.

Also:

>Feel incredibly frustrated and anxious when starting a drawing
>dont know why, this has never happened before.
>earlier today
>decide to do some gesture drawing
>start getting really frustrated in the middle of the session.
>throw sketchbook at the wall.
>decide to get a shower to cool down anger
>cry in the shower for half an hour.

when did i get so wrong /ic/?
>>
>>2368791

You started being a little bitch.

Unless you've got something way worse going on, nobody should cry in the shower over getting annoyed at a fucking drawing.
>>
>>2368799
a lot had happened since last year, but it has never affected my art, drawing has always made me happy.

but now i feel frustration when doing it.
>>
>>2364057
get over it nigger, is going be stupid people here and there. You may as well judge by yourself
>>
>go to local art store where I'm cool with one of the girls working there
>she shows me a plastic bucket full of Windsor & Newtown watercolor paint and tells me everything in there is half off
>grab two of those and another regular priced
>she charges me the same price for everything
>3 tubes of W&N paint for $6
Feels good, man.
>>
>>2368462
what?
>>
Some of my thoughts when I look at my sketchbooks
>rip/crumble/fuel/torch/into the trash
>well i've certainly improved
>hey it's not so bad!
>whoa when did I draw this
>hmmm I could do better
>wow I've drawn so much
>uhg this is garbage
>why is it so messy
>should i be doing more master studies/imagination/paintings?
>boy am I slacking
>>
>>2358676
its called flow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWcapC-kriY
>>
>>2358676

I love that feeling when I'm in the zone enough that I don't even notice my music has stopped.

Still, regularly taking breaks is also good. Maybe try to get a little beyond 10 minutes though.
>>
>>2369027
oh man someone else watches his videos?

I like his stuff, he reminds me of a college professor who isn't constantly imparting his faggoty views on his students and assigning retarded homework assignments.
>>
>>2367618
I feel bad for Muslims.

Pork is awesome and so is drawing portraits
>>
>>2369063
Why. I used to eat pork as I was born into a Catholic family. I don't care much for it, and it is a disgusting meat. You are what you eat.

Drawing portraits is whatever as well, contains no originality. Either you are a human printer or you just draw in your own style. Portraits are over rated, been there, done that. Don't you have any new ideas or are you content being basic?
>>
>>2369063
I still do art. It isn't a problem. besides, i have my own style, and I can still draw.
>>
>artists who have worse technique then me have far more confidence than me
>tfw can never show anyone a piece I've made, so I have a number of portrait studies hung up in my room, only my eyes have ever gazed upon them
>no one even knows I can draw or that have studied

I still think it is fun though
>>
>>2369063
I mean, big whoop, son.

You drew a face or a body. That's still basic. try creating an actual person from atoms to cells to the face which you enjoy plagiarizing. Then you can say something. It's just lines on paper or colors on canvas. ALL art pales in comparison to the reality of the creation we imitate.

Post some of YOUR art. Let's see your 'awesome' portraits.
>>
>>2369063
Also, you like eating pork? The flesh of an animal associated with all things dirty. Eating an animal that wallows in its own filth? If you are what you eat, then you are an animal that wallows in its own pis and excrement. You are a cop, a mess, a slob. Do you also play WoW?

lol pigs are associated with the type of guys that women don't usually touch with a 10ft pole. Pigs are associated with totalitarian governments.

You are what you eat. But that's my opinion, and none of my business.
>>
>>2369097
massive faggot detected
>>
>>2369099
Don't be mad at me because you got porked.
Don't be mad at me because your reality is filth.
Don't be mad at me because you are a sub-par artist, mediocre and basic.
>>
>>2358676
if I don't have music on while I paint I start to hear voices.

I don't paint without music ever now cus I dont want to feel crazy.
>>
File: 1443129298873.jpg (61 KB, 465x620) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443129298873.jpg
61 KB, 465x620
Anyone sometimes get scared that looking at their old art will make them regress? I feel like that sometimes but it usually refreshes me in some way.
>>
>>2369097
please crash yourself into a building
>>
>>2369135
The only thing I am crashing into is going to be the art world, leaving you covered in and eating the dust.
>>
>>2369140
seriously you have to be the biggest faggot in the world.
>>
>>2369147
Why you mad tho son?
Is it because I'm right?
>>
why is everyone here such a drama queen?

always crying, 'anxious' or 'depressed'

god damn grow a spine
>>
>>2369156
Yea man, angsty butthurt art fags.
>>
>>2369140
My God shut up

>try creating an actual person from atoms to cells to the face which you enjoy plagiarizing
>lol pigs are associated with the type of guys that women don't usually touch with a 10ft pole
>leaving you covered in and eating the dust
>post your art

You deserve an entire fedora folder
>>
>>2369170
Son, I have a feeling you actually wear a fedora.
Why are you crying tho?
>>
>before the truth
>drew whatever the fuck I wanted, let my imagination run wild
>after a few years
>feel like pissing myself crying whenever I see paper overall
>feel too cautious to draw the things I want
>either end up doing studies or just draw nothing
>>
>>2360188
Thanks for the giggle.
>>
>>2367883
Same. I'm really into contemporary art but it doesn't get much love here.
>>
File: 笑butthurt.jpg (225 KB, 1263x660) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
笑butthurt.jpg
225 KB, 1263x660
>>2369193
>>
>>2369193
Can you give me an example of cuntemporary art?
>>
>>2369097
Do you eat cow meat? That lazy stupid animal that just wandered around chewing on grass all day? You are what you eat senpai.
>>
>tfw want to be an artist
>come to /ic/ for tips
>everyone hates themselves
>narcissistic bullshit everywhere
>inflated ego's
>everyone thinks they're "pro" because "muh loomis"
>people who dont even post their own work blasting other peoples work
>realize /ic/ is the most autistic board on 4chan
>even more so than /fit/ and /b/

Some of you are alright and genuinely seem to enjoy art, but the most of you are literally some of the most retarded delusional faggots ive ever seen. Thank god I dont have to look at you face to face because id probably cringe myself to death.
>>
>>2370387
>people who dont even post their own work blasting other peoples work

Why do you think people come here?
>>
File: remove beep boop.jpg (110 KB, 960x674) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
remove beep boop.jpg
110 KB, 960x674
>>2369097
maximum b8 mohammed, I'm impressed
>>
>>2370387

>realize /ic/ is the most autistic board on 4chan
>even more so than /fit/ and /b/

Pray you never visit /v/. But yeah /ic/ has a lot of shitty people. Nosebro especially.
>>
File: 1452411430004.jpg (45 KB, 625x783) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452411430004.jpg
45 KB, 625x783
>finally getting the hang of the overhand grip

I thought it was overrated but holy shit now I love it. It's slaying my enduring chickenscratch habit.
>>
>>2369097

>you are what you eat

I'd sooner be a pig than a brainless vegetable my friend.

Take your pick. Are you a potato? Are you a fruit?
Do you eat other meats than pigs? Are you a chicken? Are you a cow?

And yes pigs are dirty animals, that's why you sanitize them before you slaughter and eat them, just like all other foodstuffs for public consumption in the civilized world, Ahmed.
>>
>>2370387
>most of you are literally some of the most retarded delusional faggots ive ever seen
We are artists, after all.
>>
>>2370366
Good comeback, I'll give you that.

Pork is still disgusting. At least we are not worshipping the cows like Hindus.
>>
>>2370555
I do not get the pic. I mean, I see it, but what does it mean?
>>
>>2370569
Like I said to the other anon, good comeback so I will explain this from the actual reason instead of non-legislated metaphors:

"He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah". (Qur'aan 16:115)

THIS is why. Self explanatory.
>>
>>2370569
Anyway,

This is all beside the point originally intended in this thread. I just mentioned about my portfolio to OP to elaborate on destroying your own art.

BUT, how we do not all do it because we are all emotional and hate our work and wish we were better. Some of us do it for belief and principle rather than self-loathing.
>>
>got skeletal structure down
>got 90% muscle structure down
>sit down to draw
>tfw can't draw shit
>after a couple of attempts, save and give up and never open that one again.

Why does this happen? I mean, normally on paper with pencil, it works fine a lot of times, but on a tablet it's just different. I'm too lazy to scan, but I mean, what should I do if I keep failing? Stop and focus on one part? Or just improve that part and integrate it into the body?

I know I shouldn't focus on one part forever and just move on to another drawing from the beginning instead, but I don't know why I keep giving up when I see that my drawing's outcome is just shit and that I can't even finish the rough draft of a body sketch, not even the line art.

I guess if I get the action line down with hands and feet, I'll probably be having more confidence, but then, I'll probably fuck up something else. I just haven't been drawing for a couple of years as well.
>>
I dont wanna draw random things because I'm afraid I'll just draw symbols. Pls
>>
File: Cowboy Knight full.jpg (316 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cowboy Knight full.jpg
316 KB, 1700x1700
>Applying for game design program
>portfolio required
>Hand in works last year
>Fail to get in (Got a 64, minimum of 70 score required for admission)
>Vowed to git gud in a year
>Made progress and I know I can do it
>but deep down inside I'm scared that I won't make it and won't know what to do if I don't

LIke, I know I can do it, I improved a lot since last year, but it's this feeling within that's telling me I'm shit.

Pic related, it's one of the steaming piles of fucking shit I handed in last year. I got a 64 with it by the way.
>>
>>2371261
That's a 64? Holy shit, have you tried again, anon?
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (69 KB, 290x664) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
69 KB, 290x664
>>2371263
Of course. I want to get in. I took a whole year off to learn fundamentals and basic anatomy.

Pic related is something I'm working for this year's portfolio. Exact same requirements too. I've improved but I'm not amazing, I'll be frank. I suck balls at drawing feet and hands, boobs are an issue and certain anatomy and posing is still a struggle for me.

I'll make it, right?
>>
>>2371273
You're not drawing yet, anon. Those are symbols. Stop rushing, and learn what you're doing. learn anatomy. Learn proportions. learn FORM. You're not good. You will make it, but not unless you stop putting symbols on a paper, and start drawing instead. Good luck.
>>
>>2371261
That deserves a 64. The other one isn't much better.

You'll never get in if you're not ready, and rushing things and burning yourself out won't help. No one becomes a professional in a year.

Keep studying and learning, I'm sure you'll improve enough to get a 70, but that's not saying much. Don't stop improving after that point, because to be frank, you have a long way to go.
Godspeed anon
>>
For the past year I've only sketched in photoshop, and never saved.

Don't do this, you never get to study your work to see what you can improve. What a fucking waste of a year I can tell you.
>>
>>2367618
I'm a Muslim too, but I feel not drawing humans and animals is a pointless restriction. If anything, it allows us to appreciate the beauty of Allah's creations even more. Do what you're passionate about, even if it's against your beliefs.
>>
>>2371513
>If anything, it allows us to appreciate the beauty of Allah's creations even more

What are you? A sufi?

>Do what you're passionate about, even if it's against your beliefs.

What kind of beliefs do you have?
>>
>>2371513

>I'm a Muslim too, but I feel not drawing humans and animals is a pointless restriction.

>I feel

It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error. Qur'aan 33:36

‘A'isha رضى ﷲ عنها narrated that the Prophet ﷺ said: “The people who will recieve the severest punishment on the Day of Resurrection are those who try to imitate Allaah’s creation.” - [Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree 2479; Saheeh Muslim 2107]
>>
>>2367618
I feel you man. I'm a Muslim too and I really love what I do. Some days I'm like, I'll draw people if I want to, other days I'm scared of my fate. I don't wanna quit drawing people and stuff cause I really enjoy and it's my only passion.
>>
>>2371552
We all got our issues and weaknesses, but we can't mold Islaam to suit our desires. We need to accept the reality.
>>
>>2371543
If a god created us and gave us the ability to reason, then thinking for yourself is a virtue.
>>
You couldn't make this shit up
>>
>>2371561
That's such fascist logic.
If you never question something, how can you possibly say you agree with it and that you belong to that religion?
>>
>>2371568
Who said not to think?
>>
>>2371585
If by fascist you mean absolute, then yes.
Allaah is the master and we are His slaves. Period.

No one ever said not to question. What I am saying is you can't take something that is defined and established and say it is something else. Islaam is defined and established, to go against what is clear is rebelling against the established order. You can do that all you want, it will only hurt you. Does nothing to me.

You are a law abiding member of the community or a criminal offender. Very simple. If you choose the latter, then you must deal with the consequences, either in this life or in the next or both.
>>
>>2371585
I became Muslim at the age of 26. Prior to that I was agnostic leaning towards atheism. I actually study and the supposed Muslims in this thread are either severly ignorant or shiites (which is the first thought that popped to mind). Either way, I follow to the best of my ability because I study and I believe it based on the questions I had that were answered clearly by the Qur'aan and Hadeeth.

And i mention the weakness and issues because I address this on my website to some degree as the way it affects me as an artist, because I also like drawing people, especially nude bbw's, but I try to tend to stay away from that because it is against the Law. And I am not, by nature, a deliberate criminal (scripturally speaking).
>>
>>2371585
It's a matter of what you believe

>Narrated ‘Abdullah ibn 'Umar رضى ﷲ عنهما: Allaah’s Messenger ﷺ said: 'Those who make these images (suwar) will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them, 'Make alive what you have created.' - [Sahih Al-Bukhaaree 7/541, no. 835; Sahih Muslim 3/1160, no. 5268]

I believe that. So, I don't draw like I used to. If you don't believe it, do as you like.

The fact that anyone will even find an argument in any of this is proof that you don't think at all.
>>
>>2371681
Quit your whining. You are an ignoramus with no knowledge.
>>
File: remove.gif (676 KB, 160x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
remove.gif
676 KB, 160x240
>>2370907
it's not for you people to understand
>>
>>2371687
Prove him wrong then, fucking sandnigger.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>2371706
>Shaddap!
>>
>>2370949
have you checked to make sure your tablet's proportions are forced to match the screen's? if they're not it'll throw you off a lot.
>>
>>2371713
>>>/stormfront/
>>
>>2371713
>sandnigger

lol, cabron
>>
>>2371661
Okay, so you're basically just confirming that to be a good muslim you must think like an ignorant teenager your entire life. Seriously, kill yourself. The world will be better off with less of you.
>>
>>2371722
I would love to watch ISIS and the Neo-Nazis go at it.
>>
>>2371681
this

>>2371713
oh and this
>>
>>2371726
Damn, you really are stupid huh? Like, everything I mentioned just flew over your head.

Also, suicide is haraam.
>>
>>2371734
>this is me at this thread right now
>>
>>2371671
>tfw the quran says to listen to the bible 'if you have any doubts' and the bible forbids any other scripture

smart indeed mohammed
>>
File: Point_Laugh.jpg (133 KB, 500x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Point_Laugh.jpg
133 KB, 500x371
>>2371741
You guys crack me up. I almost forgot the pic
>>
>>2371743
>tfw the quran says that jesus rose from the dead and mohammed didnt
>>
>>2371743

>the bible

lol wat?

PLEASE, cite the ayat and surah in the Qur'aan that states this.
>>
>>2371749
one sec
>>
>>2371749
>>2371750
brb i gotta do somethin first

give me 15 min to come back 2 this board
>>
>>2371746
>>
>>2371754
take your time, I'm not on the edge of my seat.
>>
>>2371746
I want to see the citation for THIS from the Qur'aan
>>
>>2371661
That honestly makes me feel sad for you. If that's what you believe so be it.
But I'll have the last laugh when we're both dead and there's nothing but nothingness and you'll have wasted your life.

>>2371671
If you believe drawing people is haram why don't you just stop? I have my beliefs, I'm vegan, and I couldn't imagine believing what I do, yet still eating dairy etc. It sounds like you don't fully believe. Which is good imo

>>2371680
I don't have a problem with you not drawing people. But the reason people don't like Islam is because the majority of you act like little hitlers. Going around telling other people (even if they're muslim) whats bloody sharia and what bloody isn't is really arrogant and off-putting. Appeals to authority make you look weak, and I don't respect you or anyone else who acts like that.
>>
>>2371771
Why are you wasting energy feeling sad for me when I feel great? I don't have need for your pity.

>But I'll have the last laugh when we're both dead and there's nothing but nothingness and you'll have wasted your life.

So, you don't believe anything but your believe own idea about what comes after what you haven't experienced yet? I am laughing right now.

>If you believe drawing people is haram why don't you just stop?

I think this was addressed pretty clearly in your reference link.

>It sounds like you don't fully believe

To break a law doesn't mean you don't believe the law or the consequence, what it does imply is weakness and that has been stated clearly. I do believe, and I am aware of the consequences but I have my weaknesses. They aren't as bad as they used to be though. It's a continuous process.

>Going around telling other people (even if they're muslim) whats bloody sharia and what bloody isn't is really arrogant and off-putting

That's like getting mad because you told a murderer that he is a murderer.

Also, if the person claims to be Muslim, then the best thing to do is to remind myself and them with that which will benefit us as Muslims. since that is what we are.

>Appeals to authority make you look weak, and I don't respect you or anyone else who acts like that.

That's how Shaytaan feels. Are you saying that abiding by a law is a weakness and that you do not respect anyone that abides to laws (regardless of their source)?
>>
>>2371771

>I have my beliefs, I'm vegan, and I couldn't imagine believing what I do, yet still eating dairy etc

That's a dietary choice.
>>
>>2356555
how bout your motivation for drawing being the fact that your so pathetic you chose to take the time to make this thread and read all the replies instead of getting better at your craft.
>>
>>2371822
I approve of this post.
>>
>>2371797
>So, you don't believe anything but your believe own idea about what comes after what you haven't experienced yet?
That was a joke. But, I do believe this world is enough and that I don't personally need an afterlife. If there is one all the better.

>To break a law doesn't mean you don't believe the law or the consequence
No, but it does suggest that you don't believe, or understand why the law is correct, or why it applies to your actions directly. Especially if you break it habitually.

>Also, if the person claims to be Muslim, then the best thing to do is to remind myself and them with that which will benefit us as Muslims. since that is what we are.
You know what that makes sense, if one of my vegan friends was eating a burger I'd let him know why that was wrong.

>are you saying that abiding by a law is a weakness and that you do not respect anyone that abides to laws (regardless of their source)?
Depends. I wouldn't follow an arbitrary law or one I don't think makes sense. I smoke weed and that's illegal here for no good reason. But I follow traffic laws because they're there to save people's lives.
If there was a law that said to kill people, and people did, I'd think they were weak.

I suppose I'm beating around the bush. I don't really have any respect for you (don't feel special, this applies to most religious people) because you follow laws rather than ethics. If there were no laws I wouldn't act any differently than I do now, but if your book had laws like "draw muhammad all day" you would act very differently. I don't see any strength in that.

>>2371820
True, and drawing is an artistic choice. But not eating meat, and not drawing what you want to draw requires self control so I think the comparison is apt.
>>
>>2371735
>>2371661
People like to live as they like without fearing for their life. Yolo! I chose life rather than being manipulated or killed by another religion. You know that most people blossom when you get to know them? It's hard for most people but in the end it's the people around us that makes life worth living. I want to smile, laugh and have a good time without fearing for my life. What people close to believe of this whole universe or why we're here is not important.
No one likes the missery you bestow upon others.. You take their lives like you have a right. Like they didn't have rights? If there is a god I know he won't show mercy...
>>
Because of this I remembered that I do want to become either a comic book artist or an animator.
>>
>>2371862

>I do believe this world is enough and that I don't personally need an afterlife.

That makes one of us

>If there is one all the better.

For who?

>but it does suggest that you don't believe, or understand why the law is correct, or why it applies to your actions directly. Especially if you break it habitually.

No. It only implies a weakness, not pure disbelief. Also, I know why drawing people and animals is forbidden, which is why I don't do it "habitually" like 99.5% of the people in /ic/

In Islam, disbelief is defined so we go by that, not by anyone elses standards.

>You know what that makes sense, if one of my vegan friends was eating a burger I'd let him know why that was wrong.

And remind (by preaching the Quran, O Muhammad SAW) for verily, the reminding profits the believers. Quran 51:55

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The religion is naseehah (sincerity)." We said, "To whom?" He (peace be upon him) said, "To Allah, His Book, His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk." - from the 40 hadith of Imam an-Nawawi

> I don't really have any respect for you (don't feel special, this applies to most religious people) because you follow laws rather than ethics.

You are making assumptions, and that is a terrible way to start approaching any matter. You say "I don't have respect for you" as if you were someone who anyone was hoping would respect them. If that isn't arrogance, what is?

>If there were no laws I wouldn't act any differently than I do now, but if your book had laws like "draw muhammad all day" you would act very differently. I don't see any strength in that.

What? You would be like everyone else, human, prone to your own desires, as you are now. As all of us are, to different degrees, some more consumed than others. You THINK you wouldn't act different if there were no laws. You do not know.

>and drawing is an artistic choice.


>not drawing what you want to draw requires self control

I agree.
>>
>>2371876
>People like to live as they like without fearing for their life.


>I chose life

***I chose [what I think is] life

>rather than being manipulated

mhm

>You know that most people blossom when you get to know them?

What are you talking about anon?

>I want to smile, laugh and have a good time without fearing for my life.

Then, don't fear for your life? You have a choice and you seem to be choosing to be afraid. maybe you should STOP WATCHING TV.

>What people close to believe of this whole universe or why we're here is not important.

This is your personal opinion. MANY more people actually care about this than not.

>No one likes the missery you bestow upon others

I bestow misery upon others? What? That's weird because everyone that meets me [in person] at least likes talking to me and know I am Muslim and are not afraid of me. But I suppose people are truly afraid of the unknown, and you don't know me.

>You take their lives like you have a right.

Are you accusing me of murder? Well, this is a first.

>Like they didn't have rights?

WHO?!

>If there is a god I know he won't show mercy...

There is One God worthy of being worshipped, Allaah. And He Bestows His Mercy on whoever He Wills from His creation of mankind.
>>
>>2371917
>>People like to live as they like without fearing for their life.

Stop fearing for your life then. The world is against Islam and attacks against Muslims has risen (IslamoPHOBIA is real), and I don't fear for my life. I'm not afraid of someone coming to attack me or kill me. When my come to dies come, it will come however it has to as decreed by Allaah. Why is everyone afraid of dying? God, get over and stop being afraid. This is the problem with you people, easily manipulated and emotionally controlled by other people and then you think YOU choose things for yourself. No, anon, no. You are conditioned by others to be afraid for your life, as if the life of this world was something permanent. Why is everyone so attached to this world...it all ends in the same place, the grave, so stop being so afraid of people and what the tv has brainwashed you with.
>>
>>2371931
>When my come to dies come

*When my time to die comes

[sheesh]
>>
>>2371769
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjehbDQ7c3KAhVBFh4KHTn3Bu0QFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.islamreligion.com%2Farticles%2F364%2Freturn-of-jesus-part-2%2F&usg=AFQjCNG_sZTf_ygeNUpwDYlzDQJgwgpmbA&sig2=JKoMO-Gqj0sJDdzSsP9nIw
>>
>>2371897
whats up with link related then?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx
>>
>>2371939
Yea, and?

I still don't see where the Qur'aan says Jesus rose from the dead. As a matter of fact, the link you provided proves that your claim is a lie.

The Qur'aan says Jesus was NOT killed, nor was he crucified and that Allaah too Jesus with Him. Furthermore, Jesus will return as he did not die, to kill the Dajjal ("anti-Christ")

>mfw you just proved yourself wrong
>>
>>2371949
>http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/violence.aspx

What are you asking me with this link?

Also, Islaam is the religion of SUBMISSION and this is how it is known by the scholars of islam and how it is mentioned in the Qur'aan.

So, the link you posted already starts off with erroneous assumptions in the site name alone.
>>
>>2371897
>For who?
for everyone.
Even if I go to hell, none of my friends are religious so I'll have good company

>It only implies a weakness, not pure disbelief
It could imply both, or other things. You could have poor self esteem and not believe you deserve to go to paradise.
You go by your standards, I'll go by mine.

>And remind (by preaching the Quran, O Muhammad SAW) for verily, the reminding profits the believers. Quran 51:55 etc
I don't understand this, sorry.

>You are making assumptions
Maybe I have you guys mixed up, but if you're the one drawing what you aren't allowed to, you would be sad because you hurt Allah's feelings, not because you were going to hell. If that's not you sorry, but heaven and hell is still a punishment/reward system. Doing good should be it's own reward, and it is.

>as if you were someone who anyone was hoping would respect them
I am arrogant, excuse me. However I don't think respect needs to have anything to do with status or authority. My opinion on what is respectable and what isn't, is as valid as yours. Maybe I'm being too combative, I do respect you or I wouldn't be having this debate.

>You THINK you wouldn't act different if there were no laws. You do not know.
Well I'd probably do more drugs, but not to excess and I know I wouldn't knowingly do anything to hurt people. I don't even kill spiders. I also probably know myself better than other people know themselves. I have bipolar disorder, and so it's necessary for me to learn how I think and what motivates me, because when those things start changing I can get medical help.
But I'm not a special case, I think the vast majority of people would act the same about the important things regardless of laws

I've been a dick actually because I've been listening to black flag all day
I've got to sleep, but gimme an email, I'd love to learn more about Islam actually and maybe find some common philosophical ground
>>
>>2371969
Oh, the options field changed since I used it last
[email protected]
>>
>>2371969
>Even if I go to hell, none of my friends are religious so I'll have good company

Do you or people in general really believe this?

>I don't understand this, sorry.
lol

>you would be sad because you hurt Allah's feelings, not because you were going to hell

>you hurt Allah's feelings

>hurt Allah's feelings

>hurt Allah

lol impossible in all ways, shapes and form

> Doing good should be it's own reward

Doing good, is a means to attain the reward (i.e. Paradise), yes, we have incentives to encourage us to do more. Some people have it naturally in their hearts to be good people, some are inbetween and others have to really work on it.

>I do respect you or I wouldn't be having this debate.

I'll buy this. It confirms that we are on the same boat. Just on different floors.

>I've been a dick actually because I've been listening to black flag all day

LOL man, my punk days are waaay behind me. This statement made me feel like an old man.
>>
File: kill me.gif (739 KB, 300x227) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kill me.gif
739 KB, 300x227
>tfw people half your age are twice as skilled

>amazing art inspires
>amazing art also discourages

>starting a drawing
>dont know wtf im doing
>someone's watching me do it

>not doing the idea 'justice' and being disgusted with yourself

>the balance of plowing through it and doing it out of enjoyment
>the moment you realize you forgot about the latter part
>>
>>2371988

I never understood how or why people become this self-conscious and neurotic.
>>
>>2371985
>Do you or people in general really believe this?
No. I don't believe in hell so I'm not planning on it. If I do end up going hell for being an unbeliever, I'll just have to eat my words.

>lol
I wasn't being a dick, I honestly didn't get it. Enlighten me

>lol impossible in all ways, shapes and form
I know, it was shorthand for repercussions outwith hell. For example, the more people enjoy art, they more they don't believe in Allah, the less close to god you feel. I buy that, worshiping an image of allah rather than worshiping the real deal makes sense to me as something that would be wrong.

>Doing good, is a means to attain the reward
See, thats what I don't like. I don't think that gives enough respect to yourself or people in general. I'm not even sure it works. Heavily religious states like Saudi Arabia seem less moral than secular sates to me.

>LOL man, my punk days are waaay behind me.
Are you allowed to listen to music these days?

Anyway goodnight brother, gimmie an email I'll be nice
>>
>>2371273
>a whole year for this
anon
>>
They're here

It's over
>>
>started trying to get good a few years ago
>still not good
>tfw
Having a harder and harder time every day justifying the time I spend doing this instead of getting a real job and a social life to my family.
>>
>>2356875
This thread really did give me feels
I work 16 hour shifts on a 911 ambulance and bring home 1k/week, this girl draws fanart and brings home 15x that

More valuable services and all that
>>
>>2372085
Don't act like that's typical dude, and don't be depressed about that. She's basically a rockstar while the rest of us are fooling around with our dad's electric guitar in his garage. Even if our sound was just as good as hers (which it isn't, as much shit as everyone here gives her) there'd be no one to hear us play. You make over double what I make because you provide a valuable service and are literally willing to watch people die right in front of your fuckin' face night after night while I sit around barely moving my ass at a used video game store, she makes 15x what you make because not only is she pretty damn good at what she does (even if I find it repulsive), she's basically a celebrity.
>>
>>2372089
We aren't so different, anon. I spend a lot of that 16-hour day at station watching anime
Make enough to live a comfortable life and spend time with your hobbies, that's all we can ask for
Whatever it is you're into, give it your all
>>
>>2367895
They changed the way they display numbers. The shit thing about patreon is people can sign up and not have to actually pay. They get to still download everything and get all the rewards.

Patreon recently changed it so non-paying patron pledges don't show up in the total. As well as taxes and fees

I had a patreon before thinking "man I'm actually going to be able to do this!" when it turned out over half the patrons were fake. It's a really shit system and there are faggots out there that sign up with fake info just to steal and post Patreon creators content. basically, like you faggots.
>>
File: 1454044852588.gif (657 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454044852588.gif
657 KB, 500x281
>tfw nothing but a study machine
>>
>>2371992
because we suck
>>
>>2367618
What kind of art do you do now?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 317x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 317x400
>>2373533
Wanna be friends?
>>
>>2357260
>Believing that a computer will ever be able to animate as well as a human.

Ok frendo
>>
>>2356555
>>2356555
almost always op. however it also brings me pleasure to flip through my old ones.
>>
File: image.png (137 KB, 448x332) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
137 KB, 448x332
>read a lot of anatomy books
>study them
>tfw have nothing to show for it
>art is still garbage
>>
>>2372077
>I work 16 hour shifts on a 911 ambulance
That doesn't make you special. It's just a shitjob
>>
File: 1448006072860.png (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448006072860.png
18 KB, 500x500
>beginner
>reading "drawing on the right side of the brain"
>the exercises are pretty useful, I'm starting to actually draw with my eyes not symbol draw, 3D shapes aren't a total mystery anymore
>exercises start telling to me to go draw hallways and shit
>people would see me drawing
>HEY ANON HOW'S THAT DRAWING COMING ALONG HAHA????!

I didn't sign up for this
>>
>>2375194
suck it up, dude.
the sooner you're able to deal with other people seeing your art, the better.
it's important to get the input of others, be it praise or critique. (yes, even if they just laugh and walk away)
>>
>>2375198
yes but not from faggots who will use it as ammo to mock you.

>>2375194
take a picture, no need to sit there drawing real world 3d... i did that exercise in school, gained nothing from it i couldn't have got from taking a picture.

>>2357301
don't favorite his shit for a few drawings or so, if the topic comes up real life made you only focus on your shit for a bit. if they still favorite your shit its not obligation.

>>2367286
phallic objects that are not sexual
crumpled up paper rendered hyper real
look at the ceiling, now draw that
now look at your thumb, and draw what the landscape would look like if you were .1 mm tall standing on it.
disturbingly detailed eyeballs both in and outside of the skull.

>>2357812
first thing i realized is people will always be worse than you, the ones who like it genuinely mean it in that moment.

keep a sketch book and make a point to once a month sketch the same damn image, you have a good point of comparison that way.

>>2358381
yea, pixel art is a bitch due to needing to know the bare minimum to represent what you want something to.

>>2358448
i made a 12 month calendar to track how much i do each day, fucker doesn't have even 1 x on it for drawing or guitar after 6 months, but has a fuck load of xes for masterbation and soda.

>>2364086
when you only put 10 minutes aside, yea, an hour is a sizeable chunk of time.

>>2358676
i have add bad unless there is something that can be literally distracting on in the background, its the only way i can focus for long stretches of time.

>>2359775
look at reference and use construction to build it.

>>2367485
you kidding, we would find it and fuck with them for it worse than any other place would.

>>2363993
got a copy of that image.

>>2369086
if you want to show people, post them anonly and never look at the thread, get use to posting shit that way and ween yourself onto looking at feedback

>>2369126
only makes me feel better about where i am.
>>
>>2376206
>look at reference and use construction to build it.
But I still have trouble drawing it from imagination. Maybe I'm too retarded to figure it out but I think I'm missing something.
>>
File: image.png (421 KB, 463x492) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
421 KB, 463x492
>tfw the pace of your improvement is slow as molasses
>>
How is it possible to compete with 3rd world artists charging $2 per hour for quality work? I'm not trying to complain, but I legitimately wonder if there's anything to be done if it's not a livable wage where I live. These artists have amazing portfolios and deliver quickly/reliably. Are the only options to move or change careers?
>>
>>2357215
Uncle rob?
>>
File: sedpuppy.jpg (75 KB, 440x660) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sedpuppy.jpg
75 KB, 440x660
>try to get into drawing again after years of inaction
>study for hours, develop better fundamentals
>find sketchbook from years ago
>it was better back then than I am right now
>my stuff was way more creative back then

I fucking hate that I was depressed through my late teens and early twenties.
>>
>>2375194
C-Can I see some of what you've drawn? I'm about to start going through that book. do you look at things differently than before
>>
>>2378409
gf is having the exact opposite problem. now that shes not depressed she has no desire to be creative
>>
File: sadbaman.gif (215 KB, 246x185) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sadbaman.gif
215 KB, 246x185
>Overhear conversation between classmate and professor
>Prof.- What's your long term goal?
>Student- I want to be a manga artist.
>Neckbeard is serious about it
I lose a shred of sanity every time I meet someone like this.
>>
>>2379407
I'm sure your professor was fantasizing about killing him, stabbing his eyes with a crowquill pen, using an x-acto blad to cut him to pieces and then use his blood to paint a master piece right before he melts his flesh back to its original state, clay.

That's what I would think of at least, if i was him.
>>
>>2379407
>>2379411
man I'm all for following your dreams and stuff but that dude has like no chance of being an actual manga artist in japan.
>>
>>2379419
And all this time I was thinking the bar for the intermediate class was pretty high... Shit makes me think the faculty doesn't take things seriously.
>>
>>2379426
was that neckbeard actually any good? aside from his neckbeard goals
>>
>>2379430
No.No he wasn't.
>>
I just can't fucking do photo studies. It's fine if it's quick gestures and shit, but if I'm trying to do anything more polished and detailed, all I can think is "It's right fucking there. There's a goddamn photo of it. right. there. Why am I re-creating this when there's a fucking photo RIGHT THERE?"

Maybe I should just do still lifes and mirror references, those have felt pretty good the few times I've been mucking around.
I just can't fucking deal with goddamn fucking photos. I don't know what it is, I just hate them.
>>
>be creative and passionate about my drawing when im underage

>come up with dumb ideas but at least I'm using my imagination

>tackle drawings and concepts that I would currently seem "out of my league"

>produce ambitious works that aren't technically awesome but display the full breadth of my skill at the moment

>artistically confident but humble

>turn 18

>suddenly everything gets "serious"

>"get serious" about becoming professional

>confidence sinks

>suddenly perspective cities, full page works, and entire body drawings become terrifying even though I've tackled them previously

>perfection infection grips me by the balls and turns me into a bitch

>all I do is study lines, construction, faces, skulls, and lighting

>personally stylized fanart is the extent of my creativity at the moment

>it's never anything ambitious anymore

>Tfw I could probably produce amazing things if I was equally as patient and confident as I was a year and a half ago

How the fuck do I fight this shit? it's so hard to get un-serious about stuff and just have fun like I used to, and not worry about 100 different things at once.
>>
>>2379419
Even if he somehow manages to make it he'd still need to work the 18 hours a day to keep up with their schedules

There's a reason the Japanese all die from common colds and the flu.
>>
File: 1426757301665.gif (1 MB, 364x297) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426757301665.gif
1 MB, 364x297
>Artists get upset when people think they shouldn't be making money off their work
>Artist mostly/only draws fan-art

Fan-art SHOULD be free t-b-h. I don't really respect artists who's means of making money is off an IP they didn't create.
>>
>>2380211
Too fat, kid
>>
>>2356555
im getting too fucking old for this goddamn shit
>>
>>2379437
You don't have to do em, I find them mind numbing personally. Learning construction and form along with rules of light is enough to paint and render well.

Studying and practice is important but don't let people think you have to grind in ways that make you miserable, find what's fun for you and helps you improve.
>>
> Lost all motivation to draw
> Only joy left is hearing the disappointment in others who ask / wait for more or wonder where I've gone

I used to care about my own improvements and have fun creating, just for myself. I wanna have fun again.
>>
>>2380298
The only kids are the fan artists that think they are victims when companies decide to rape them sideways for profiting too much off characters that aren't their own. It's really a case of "asking for it". Sympathy is wasted on them.
>>
>>2371261
taking foundations and figure drawing classes will be tremendously more useful than going into a game design program (i'm speaking from experience with the latter). the only thing a game design program is good for is networking (finding other people to work on projects with). aside from that it's a waste of time. you can find all the resources you need to learn to use modeling programs and to learn game design and game art concepts. putting your focus into your foundation and figure skills will studying game related stuff on the side will put you in a much better place to be able to actually create decent art and environments for games. knowing how to use maya and the unreal editor doesn't mean anything if you don't have a strong grasp on the more basic art skills to know what to do with such them
>>
>>2380428
Try harder
>>
>>2380502
>Try harder
At what? Those are facts. Fan artists aren't innocent and are at the mercy of corporations as they should be.
>>
>>2380512
>facts
reddit pls
>>
>>2380586
>implying

Fan artists who monetize their art aren't victims. They are leeches. Get over it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBsTUjd910
>>
>>2376594
you arent drawing from imagination, you are looking at reference and constructing something to replicate the reference.

you do this till you understand what you are looking at and can then do it from imagination only.
>>
File: 20160203_222634.jpg (734 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160203_222634.jpg
734 KB, 2048x1152
>>2379227
k. The left and middle are exercises from the book. The right is just some anime titties I did as a "study", really just a copy of another work. There's pretty obvious errors in them all but I was and am a total beginner pleb. You definitely gain a much better ability of translating what you see into lines on paper a lot better from the exercises. It's a good spot for a beginner.
>>
File: 14430292847578.jpg (32 KB, 607x559) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14430292847578.jpg
32 KB, 607x559
>tfw the artists who's work you like always showcase themselves to be obnoxious human beings online.

There are artists online who's work I kinda like but just can't stomach as human beings. So many grown adults still acting like children. I don't get it.
>>
>>2380631
no one cares
>>
File: 1447653953693.png (556 KB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447653953693.png
556 KB, 800x600
>>2375073
>read hogarth in highschool
>draw nothing but muscle men for months
>remove the enjoyment part of drawing for pure practice
>art still shit
>give up drawing for a while
>>
>>2381048
>fan-artist detected
Why reply when you don't have a point? People do care, That's why C&D letters are a thing and why there have been lawsuits over copyrighted material and the corporations/content creators always win in the end. But fan-artists always catch feelings and expect people to feel sorry for them when others tell them to eat shit even though the law clearly states those fan-artists are in the wrong. The issue only really comes when you're trying to make money off the work because when you're a fan of something, money should never be the incentive when you're drawing fan-art. Selling fanart to fans is for people with passable technical skill but no real creativity or imagination
>>
>>2378090
Draw faster, get an in house job, pander to fans, teach, youtube, patreon

>>2378409
keep going and get good, you will be better skill wise than your younger self, but probably not as creative unless you work on that shit too.

>>2379500
can always go the monthly or bi monthly route, but unless they are asian, never going to make it.

>>2379437
get the fuck over yourself.
why are you doing a photo study - to get good
its right god damn there - great, you can overlap the two in photoshop to see how accurate you were

>>2379461
learn to say fuck it, and just dive in.
will the world end if it turns out to be shit?
no
will you fuck your life over
no, most likely not.
just fucking do it.

>>2381065
the way law currently stands, just drawing a superhero could get you a c&d, not an already made one, just a brand new one.

would you win the court case? most likely.
will you risk literally you life doing it (god knows i would off myself if i suddenly had 150k+ debt put on me)? no

copyright is a good idea that is constantly taken to far, all because of that fucking mouse.
>>
>>2381102
>the way law currently stands, just drawing a superhero could get you a c&d, not an already made one, just a brand new one.
You're desperately reaching to make a point you don't have
>would you win the court case? most likely.
Making it a non-issue
>will you risk literally you life doing it (god knows i would off myself if i suddenly had 150k+ debt put on me)? no
If you wouldn't, you might as well off yourself now for being that weak willed. There are people in far worse situations.
>copyright is a good idea that is constantly taken to far, all because of that fucking mouse.
It's a good idea that does it's job. Fan-artists just need to stop being creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>2379461 www chia-anime.tv/barakamon-episode-4-english-subbed/

Watch this for the answer.
>>
File: 1440248422361.gif (253 KB, 447x415) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440248422361.gif
253 KB, 447x415
>drawing
>cannot focus
>make stupid mistakes
>get pissed off
>keep trying
>keep making stupid mistakes
>get even more fucking pissed

One of those days.
>>
I want to make a series of drawn self portraits but they all look like shit.
For some reason painting one is easier.
>>
>>2356555
>all i want to draw is pretty women
>extremely bad at it

what dooo :(((( </3</3
>>
>>2381120
no, i'm not, that can go to court, no one is stupid enough to do it, but the law is set up in a way that it would allow it.

yea, it is an issue because you need to pay a lawyer at the very least till you win and in the case you lose, your fucked

so your willing to go to court and risk hundreds of thousands in debt when its not your last option?

art isn't about creativity, its more about inspiration, in the renaissance it was largely religion, now its largely entertainment that is all derivative of everything else to the point anything you make could land your ass in court even if its 100% your own design.
>>
I wanted to remind you all that studying to become better is important but...
We get so caught up in our focused studies that can lead to frustration and failure that we forget to enjoy art.
Take time out to just draw or paint etc, without judging it. You don't need to even save it.
Do it to remember why you started on this journey in the first place.
Don't give up.
>>
File: Cat 00008.jpg (72 KB, 605x807) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Cat 00008.jpg
72 KB, 605x807
>>2364017
I'm looking for the same
Send me a note on http://2422046.deviantart.com/ to exchange contact information if you want, or anyone who is looking for art friends for that matter
>>
>>2382767
>tfw you're still a hyper beginner
I'd like to draw something I want instead of studying when I get burnt out, but the end result is never at a satisfying level man. Anyone have anyway to get past being so critical and accepting my shit is going to represent the level I'm at?
>>
>>2372002
>Are you allowed to listen to music these days?

We can do whatever we want. We just believe in repercussions with Allaah. It's at the individuals discretion to obey or disobey. It is Allaah Who Judges and Punishes, man as well, but we don't do things for mans approval.
>>
>>2383063
how can music be harmful lmao

also stop derailing the thread
>>
File: 1452450593211.jpg (52 KB, 657x527) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452450593211.jpg
52 KB, 657x527
>finish something
>"hey this is actually pretty good"
>flip the image
Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 71
Thread DB ID: 491136



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.