[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivational Thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnE fPE2hysg

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1449461516007.jpg (130KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1449461516007.jpg
130KB, 600x750px
Motivational Thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnEfPE2hysg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
Wow, so inspiring. Let me get right back to producing uninspiring, banal works so I can one day have a shot at entering a vapid, soulless industry as another cog.
>>
>>2355686
>same
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m63eRD5XR8U

BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU
>>
why do you need motivation?

don't you enjoy drawing and painting?

do you need motivation to play videogames or watch tv too?
>>
>>2355704
>do you need motivation to play videogames or watch tv too?

thanks for making me realize that I don't have passion for art
I'll try to find anything else
>>
>>2355704
Drawing itself is pleasurable.

Realizing what you drew is garbage is not, and will cause you to doubt the chances of you making it
>>
lol

>>2355712
>>
>>2355717
you don't need motivation for that, you need to stop being a fucking pussy
>>
>>2355712

i bet i could get to 1000$/month vidyastreamerino within a year if i started now. i bet you can too.
>>
>>2355704
Yes, I actually do need some push to turn on the tv/video games, just like I need a push to get drawing. I'm that passionless in life. Thankfully once I start inertia and enjoyment take over and I can go for hours.
>>
>>2355704
>do you need motivation to play videogames or watch tv too?
yes, yes I do
I find most video games and tv boring
I only play lol and it's hard starting a match thinking I might fuck up and play worst than usual, pretty much like in drawing
>>
File: zapazonga.png (42KB, 246x304px) Image search: [Google]
zapazonga.png
42KB, 246x304px
>>2355845
>I find videogames boring
>I only play lol
>>
>>2356002
Not him but lol ruined video games for me. It sates my adhd better than any game has for me, and now everything else seems boring as fuck.
>>
>>2355845
>>2356013
Best thing you can do is uninstall and quit cold turkey.
>40min average for one game?!
That game is not worth the time sink, it will ruin your life.
>>
>>2356055
oh i quit a long time ago, but ive pretty much left vidya behind with it. It's for the best though I suppose.
>>
>>2355677
This is a demotivational for me. That someone can be stupid and shallow enough to be motivated by that is just depressing and frustrating.
>>
>>2356002
>most
>>
>>2356013
Really? I agree that it's had a detrimental impact on gaming, but in the opposite way of what you're implying. It's just repetitive, superficial, boring nonsense.
>>
NO. NOT MOTIVATION. YOU NEED DISCIPLINE. SCREW YOU AND YOUR MOTIVATION, DISCIPLINE YOURSELVES.
>>
>>2356317
this basically
>>
>>2356317
Any push in the right direction will help. Of course discipline is needed, but that's not something that's gonna be developed overnight. That's why motivation is necessary.

I don't really know much out there in the way of specific artspo beyond @ilovefantasyart and @roughsketchco on instagram, but the latter has motivational posters and stuff made specifically for artists. It's still fairly new though.

>>2355681
This is awesome
>>
If you have any friends that art, I suggest you get together and have art sessions. Get together at a bar once a week or so and draw. That helped me out tons.

> make new friends
> art skills improved
> fun time
> good for business

Everyone wins
>>
>>2355677
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suxGE9HHbBo
>>
>>2356549
>>2355677
>>2355686
>>2355687
>>2355698
>>2355717

Stick to a schedule and draw even if you don't want to. Motivation is not a fucking factor.

>I can't draw shit
>I need to git gud
>Nah, I'm not feeling motivated to grind the fundamentals today.
>Better wait till I feel like I want to improve my skillz while I read shitty quotes.

I will be quite clear: You'll stay fat if you only want to workout when you're ashamed of yourself and/or watch shitty pictures.

Really. When you enter the age where you no longer feel motivated by shitty videos/quotes?
>>
>>2356563

To be fair, motivational pics aren't going to help someone who's wavering and has an off-and-on mentality about any sort of improvement; it's for the people who'll do it regardless but just want a boost to feel amped and enthusiastic about it.

Feeling motivated is a plus, but at the end of the day putting in the work is what matters. I'd just rather have something positive to keep me from losing perspective when I don't improve at the speed or the margin I'd like to.
>>
>>2356563
/thread
>>
>>2356597
You can find more motivation anywhere else.

>Be autistic kid
>Be little depressing assbag not studying
>Bitching about your garbage skillz
>Wondering why you're not gud
>Not wanting to study because your skillz are garbage
>>
File: 20706281.jpg (65KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
20706281.jpg
65KB, 250x250px
I used to get motivation from Berserk and Gut's character.

I'm stuck in a shit job that takes all my willpower and every night afterwards, I got nothing left except to drool on myself looking at tumblr until I have to go to bed early for the next day.

I keep thinking, hoping that my strength of character will level up enough so that I can break the restraints off and try to catch back up but it's been a year and five months already. I can't quit my job.

The only thing that remains is the constant reality that I wasted my teenage years on instant gratification.

I keep hearing that the best method to get presence of mind and discipline is to meditate.
>>
>>2356317
What if I'm not motivated to start disciplining myself?
>>
>>>/fit/35659664
>>
>>2356766
you're a lazy faggot then.
>>
>>2356255
I was a pretty good adc and spamming right click everywhere and checking my cs every 2 seconds stimulated me pretty well. Its a wonder I dont like RTS. The game did get pretty boring after a while which is why I left.
>>
When my shit isn't as good as I want it to be, it's usually because I'm not putting enough into it. This shit always gets me to work harder:

https://youtu.be/ZtMm0swu5i8
>>
File: The_Art_of_Journey_06a.jpg (43KB, 680x374px) Image search: [Google]
The_Art_of_Journey_06a.jpg
43KB, 680x374px
>itt autist and assburgies don't understand the feeling of being driven and motivated

motivation is fleeting, yes. and to be successful you need to overcome the necessity of motivation to produce work. But life and skill are fleeting too. Seeing something or taking something in to feel that flutter deep down in your chest of a passion being ignited again isn't a vice, but rather an uplifting.

every human stuck with the human condition realizes the massive mountain they must face and the weight of what they need to do to overcome it. Realizing your struggle and looking for motivation can change the tide of work.

motivation comes from the french and latin root word to move. and that's what it is, its something that moves you. You all act like that is a bad thing. Like letting something grow inside of you might make you actually feel something inside your greasy, nihilistic heart.

so, in sooth, everyone in this thread up to this point has been both right and wrong. motivation is as fleeting and temperamental as the rest of time and life. its a walking stick to assist you in time of need, but not something to plant in the ground and lean on, because then it will snap and everything you are will tumble down

just be careful. don't rely on it, but don't shun it when you see it or others taking it in
>>
>>2356894
>Its a wonder I dont like RTS
because you're shit
>>
http://visualengineer.tumblr.com/post/87657992383/how-to-stay-motivated-im-writing-this-article

Help me in difficult times like right now. Just sharing.

>>2356563
>>2356317
Thanks. This actually helped me.
>>
>>2356873

Not him but theres a different between being lazy and not caring. I'm simply too apathetic to do anything with my life and have to force art on myself so I don't feel like a completely useless person
>>
>>2356563
Most motivational itt
>>
>>2358589
lazy or apathetic, it doesn't matter, you're still useless and getting nowhere
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.