[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at comic booking /ic/? Related page I did.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: AESOP ONE.jpg (4MB, 3300x5100px) Image search: [Google]
AESOP ONE.jpg
4MB, 3300x5100px
How do I get better at comic booking /ic/?

Related page I did.
>>
I'd read more of that.
>>
>>2355522
start by resizing your work before posting it online
>>
>>2355532
Hey thanks anon.

>>2355535
I forgot, sorry.
>>
>>2355540
Also there's are two typos in your last speech box
>No, she didn't.* She was too* clever for that.
Believe it or not bad grammar takes you out of the immersion.
>>
>>2355543
I didn't catch that. Looking at it I missed some punctuation as well.
>>
>>2355522
blog?
>>
Story seems interesting though you need to work on your writing ability. Comics are hard in the sense you need to be able to both write and draw.
Another thing is I feel like it's a bit rushed? It might have been more interesting to have started with the grandson and his grandfather talking. I feel like too much happens in the first panel. I think even if you don't add them it should be a bit more broken up, or lose the who grandkid and grandfather talking part. Then have it show later it's a story being told. The way you have it, I can't really get into it.
>>
There is no right way to do it - while your comic has rigid panel placement and is more text heavy than conveying action with pictures, there are plenty of professional comics which also do that. Read comics, take a notice of what you like, what form speaks to you. Things to pay attention and think about are maybe text-image relationship, level of detail, panel placements, dividing of time, symbols used. And "reader time" - does the reader flow forth in your comic as if in an animation or do they have to concentrate, move on slowly.
>>
>>2355522
The middle left panel should be inverted. The reader's eye follows the road into the distance and right off the page rather than to the next panel or to the centerpiece of the page
>>
>>2355543
>>2355546
there are more grammatical errors that that.
>>
>>2355522
work on your artstyle. almost every square has a different artstyle, stick to one
>>
read "framed ink"
>>
>>2355793
Ignore plebs like this and read Scott McCloud books
>>
>>2356160
his comics are all about analyzing different aspects of comics, bringing out that there is no one way for doing them and that it depends on author and your message to the reader.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.