[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding the time for art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_o04x2ywvgA1r5kws5o1_540.png (451KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o04x2ywvgA1r5kws5o1_540.png
451KB, 540x540px
I often see people on here state how they study for 8+ hours a day, so I wonder if I'm the only one whose job and classes are unrelated to their hobby, that often struggle to find the time for it.

Drawing and illustration are my passion but it's hard sometimes to find the time between everything else in my life. Advise pls.
>>
>>2351991

Just be less gay and you'll find the time.
>>
>>2351993
Impossible.
>>
>>2351991
>between everything else in my life

Get out you fucking normie scum.
>>
>>2351991
>having any other life than drawing
>>
>>2351991
If you have a life, then you do not magically find the time, you make it. Choose to draw for however much is feasible for you. For me, it's 2 hours. It might be 1 for you, or 3. But the point is, you have to make the time. Make.
>>
>>2351991

I know that feel OP. If you aren't 17 year old neglected kid, 21 year old NEET that didn't tell his parents that he doesn't study since 2 years or 43 year old fuck up weirdo living on autismbucks and what he finds in the trash, chances are that you won't have 6-8h to spend on art each day.

I also struggle to find time for art, but I treat it as a hobby so it's ok. Also from other threads that I saw it seems that quality of your studying is more important than mindless practice. My personal hero is a guy who improved massively in something like 2 years doing art 2h per day.

Also, I see that pros are making sketches and drawings relatively fast, so it seems that not spending dozens of hours on single drawing is a way to go and improving means decreasing your drawing time.

See all those tutorials, asian guy and Vilppu seem to agree, Vilppu gesture exercises should take 30s max with average of 12s to draw and those basic line and ellipsies exercises also should be relatively fast - not too fast since then drawing is sloppy, but going too slow also fucks up your lines.

So, what I want to say - if you don't have autism and aren't complete failure like 80% of this board you won't and don't have to spend so much time drawing.
>>
You'll discover that you need more time if you do art.

They're telling you that there's plenty of activities in art that are time consuming.
>>
File: MTI2NTgyMzIxOTcyMjU5NDU5.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTI2NTgyMzIxOTcyMjU5NDU5.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>2351991
Well anon, i don't have money, and i can't go to the university, this is my last moth of internet, and i don't have a single useful skill for working, i'm just drawing because i like it, i suck ofc, but i think that if you like something you will do it even if you're tired, unhappy, or bored, because it's worth, you will die someday, it can be tomorrow, then why would you waste your last day, doing something that you don't like.
If you like drawing you should draw if you don't find other thing that fills you.
you need to focus in one Part, for example if you go for drawing, you can learn how to draw traditional, digital, 3d models with Zbrush, watercolors, Photograph, Animation.
>>
>>2351991
Stop spending time jerking off/looking at 4chan and go draw.
Wow, problem solved!
>>
so glad Im in artschool and I spend 8 hours in class drawing and then go back to my dorm and draw some more
>>
>>2351991
>>2352056
you faggots are the fucking worst. There is nothing worse then some fucking try hard faggot that just works too hard all the time and doesn't have the time to do anything. I know your fucking kind. You sit at your computer all day watching fucking movies and browsing tumblr and then tell everyone you just work all the time and you're so busy and never sleep. In college all of my classmates would go on about how they are just so overworked and just can't get anything done. Then I would see them in the labs just sittin on their asses lookin at facebook and twitter for an hour/

Every/ fucking/ time/

Stop making excuses and just fucking do it. I guarantee you have an incredibly amount of time to do whatever the fuck you want. I highly, EXTREMELY doubt you are working 24/7. You can easily find at least an hour, probably 5 to paint. Instead of being a lying faggot that would rather make excuses and post them on 4chan just fucking do it. You aren't too busy. You might be too fucking stupid but you have more time than I bet most people on here do
>>
>>2354504
is this pasta?
>>
>>2354631
No, it's just instant noodle-tier shit.
Captcha agrees.
>>
Wake up an hour early? Use that time to draw. Doodle on your breaks. Bring a notebook when you go out so you can draw while not at home.
>>
>>2354504
Totally agree with this anon. Work smarter not harder.

When I was in school, I didn't start on homework until 10 hours before it was due. Which meant I had 1 week - (5classes * 10hrs) = 118hrs to do something else.

Now that I am at work, I only work at work. Once I close my laptop it doesn't open till I get back to work no matter what deadlines I may have. Which means I have 1 week - (5days * 8hrs) = 128hrs to do something else.
>>
File: wi2.png (111KB, 1405x652px) Image search: [Google]
wi2.png
111KB, 1405x652px
>>2351991
you don't need 8 hours a day, not at all.
remember what our old pal tehmeh said, during his huge progress year he spent most of his time playing vidya, not 12 hours a day doing art as some rumors said.
and his big advice toward studying effectively is to always try to do something yourself first, and only after you try and get your crappy result, do you get reference, observe and fix your shit. i've personally found that a very helpful way to work, over just studying a bunch and then trying to make something myself.
>>
>>2351999
to be less gay?
agreed
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.