[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: apple6_600x400.jpg (10KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
apple6_600x400.jpg
10KB, 600x400px
Find a flaw
>>
>>2349722
Apple product. Painting on glass.
>>
Requires an iPod to use
>>
I tried one briefly the other day in the apple store. It's quite nice and if I already owned an iPad pro I'd get it in a heartbeat, but getting the iPad and the pen doesn't feel worth it.
I didn't like the feel of the screen (as the other anon said - painting on glass). I dunno if there's any textured screen protectors around which might help.
The software also seems limited, particularly not having an easy way to use shortcuts and stuff.

If I got one, it'd basically become a glorified sketchbook, I don't think it'd be any good for finishing anything. A grand on a sketchbook isn't worthwhile to me.
>>
>>2349722
apple, ios

Worthless junk.
>>
There's visible lag in their promo video when they brag about how there's no lag.
>>
I actually prefer the new surfaces over it. I rather like microsoft's new pen.
>>
>>2349722
It's a fucking meme product.
>>
>>2349773
Have you done any painting or drawing with the surface pen? I know it's not meant to be as good as Wacom but I'm hoping it's still good enough, because everything else about it is basically what I wish the Cintiq Companion was
>>
>>2349722
Price.
>>
>>2349794
I've never used a cintiq and I actually bought the surface book for non-art related reasons (the tablet is a nice bonus though)
The pen itself is pretty good though even compared to my old intous. It feels rather soft as opposed to hard plastic which is nice, and it doesn't stick as you might expect.
The downside is they did remove a button so you only have the pen, eraser, and a right click on the pen which can't be reprogrammed.

I really like how it feels drawing with it though, more than I liked on my intous.

I wouldn't recommend demoing it at a microsoft store though because all the pens there are abused to hell because normies like to break public shit.
>>
>>2349794
I have a surface and I'm not really digging it. There's a slight bit of pen lag that wouldn't really effect anyone who is just using it as a laptop/ to take notes. But it's really noticeable when your doing art, my bamboo is way more responsive. Just wish it wasn't soo tiny.
>>
Apple product.
>>
>>2349816
With the surface pen, the lag you mention is related to the cursor, but i think you'll find that you'll get a mark on the screen the moment that the pen tip physically hits it. Give it a try
>>
Godmaster Vilppu seems to like it.
>>
>>2349867
Na I have a surface as well, and while I like it there is a minuscule amount of lag with it, its perceivable but not enough to really matter even when doing art.
I'm thinking we're talking about 2 different types of lag though.
Its about the same as if you're playing an online game with 5ms of ping, for all intents and purposes its basically real time, but there is a ever so slightly perceivable lag.
>>
>>2349874
link?
>>
>>2349885
>not having Vilppu on facebook

shake my head
>>
>>2349878
Does that sort of lag occur with a Cintiq Companion?

Speaking of the CC, if only Wacom hadn't made them riddled with hardware problems, I would have thrown my damn money at them. They better make a good CC3
>>
>>2349950
Never had a cintiq but I'd imagine it does as well and the surface tablets are miles ahead of cintiq in terms of hardware.
However, having never had a companion I can't really give a good opinion about them, but from the few people I know who've had both (3 of them) 1 liked the surface more, 1 hated the surface, other guy said it was about equal with him leaning toward the surface.
>>
>>2349962
>Never had a cintiq but I'd imagine it does as well

This is why you don't make assumptions. I had a Cintiq 12wx which was the shittiest piece of trash Wacom ever slapped their name on and there was no perceptible lag that I recall. It's not the devices hardware like "ram" and so on but the hardware of its pen and its screen.
>>
>>2349965
Only reason I made the assumption was because I've seen quite a few complaints online about cintiqs lagging which actually was the reason I never bought one.

but as I said this is second hand experience so I'll concede to you on that.
>>
>>2349794
Noah Bradley (during the time of his Level Up interview) exclusively uses the Surface 3. So, much not be bad.
>>
>>2349969
Well if you're telling the truth than you certainly could be right. I don't know, my 12wx was able to draw in real time as far as I remember but it also

Had a horrifying array of cords

Had colors that didn't match any monitor I'd ever seen (people were making fun of my shit on that fact alone)

Had a problem where every couple of strokes the pressure sensitivity would spike and leave a big retarded mark I would have to undo.

So yeah, even if I didn't have that specific problem I can definitely see it.
>>
>>2349890
>having normiebook
śmh твн my familia
>>
>>2349890
no but really thanks for the heads up
>>
>>2349774
for a meme industry I'd say it's the right tool for the job
>>
>>2349722
found it
>>
I think I'm the only guy on /ic/ that has one. It suits my needs as a filthy casual. I still enjoy pen and paper more, but the pencil is a good gateway into digital.

At my level, I don't think all these performance differences will make my drawings better.
>>
>>2350103
>entry level
>same price a professional level wacom tablet
okay.
>>
>>2350351
I think what anon is implying is that being able to draw directly on a screen is much more desirable to a beginner
>>
>>2350353
I can't imagine anyone paying $100 just to do what their finger can do if they're a beginner.

I mean unless they have rich parents that buy everything for them which is apple's market I guess.
>>
>>2349722
Apple
Painting on glass
Need overpriced iPad
No photoshop
>>
>>2350360
>what is a job

cmon anon youre better than that
>>
>>2350386
>a job
Yes because having a job automatically gives you money to waste on pointless trash.
>>
>>2350360
I usually don't respond to shit posting, but I laughed so you can have some more.

>what their finger can do
Most iPad users are toddlers who finger paint, but I have enough motor control to use a drawing utensil.

>rich parents
You were so close. The concept is still correct, but the relationship is reversed. I bought one for my parents and uncle.

>apple's market
Yes, I'm completely aware of exactly what I have done and the types of illegitimate hobby artists I am encouraging, but I don't consider 4chans opinion of me when I am giving gifts to family.

>>2350418
>money to waste on pointless trash
I mean it kind of does, since it is my money.
>>
>>2349722
it's not a pencil.
>>
Overpriced shit, i beat you use it while listening to music on a beats headphone, faggot.
>>
File: IMG_0005.png (924KB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0005.png
924KB, 2048x2732px
as a Cintiq replacement this will not compare since you'll have all the working programs you need to use on your pc/mac... but as a hobbyist as myself i love the thing... i love knowing that most of what i need to use is on the device and i don't really have to worry if something will open or not (i hate dealing with adobe...) the app ecosystem is not ideal since you can't freely import or export data between them (if any) but if you work with your limitations i think its a good alternative, plus you can use it for other things as well

with a bit of caution here... i not an artist... just someone who just wants to play around try to draw pretty stuff, and i think the apple pencil is amazing for that
>>
>>2354690
From procreate you can export to psd to the Dropbox app which can be auto sync'd to a folder on your PC, then you can open the file in PS. This only works in one direction since you can't import PSD into procreate.

However, I cleaned up some scans in PS, then used the same Dropbox folder to import the line work into procreate. It is definitely clumsy, but not impossible.

The Multitouch gestures are super fluid in procreate: pinch to zoom, pan and rotate. Also, multitasking is great for refs. Procreate auto saves your work too if you are paranoid. I had the app crash on me once in like 100hrs of use.

You can also import external brushes from the web, and tweak way more brush dynamics than I would ever know how to handle.

>use it for other things
It covers all my needs since all I do is 4chan, music, Pinterest / refs, tumblr, mail, web, and drawing.
>>
>>2349746
im actually using one daily there is no lag at all, its even better than a cintiq in my humble opinion, only draw back is the price really
>>
>>2354690
thats on ipad pro? that's actually fucking awesome so, can you actually colour that after like in photoshop? or can you do it in procreate? I myself do greyscale first like that instead of straight to colour, its one thing i wanted to know before buying one.

Also is it better to have shaded backgrounds? I notice some people do it and some dont, but yours looks pretty good, can you go into more detail aswell, like literally make a sakami style picture on it or does it lack the resolution?
>>
>>2349722
nice image of a finished art piece using the Apple iPad Pro(create)™ Pencil
>>
File: IMG_0006.png (924KB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.png
924KB, 2048x2732px
>>2356466
bud, I wish I could give you a better answer that “I’m not sure” but since I'm a newb at this I can't say that I can fully colour this as good as I would in Photoshop (mostly because I'm just following tuts at the moment and I don’t know much about Photoshop apart from being Adobe’s god tool for digital artists) but so far I’m very impressed with what procreate can do... a recurring theme with the iPad at the moment is that it has all these sketch apps but they don’t seem to play well together some do better stuff than others (for what I have read/watched) but I say that the apps are just going to get better and better.

Just now I tried doing a colour balance to see if I could change the grey mesh to a different colour and it seem to only do the darkest grey (outlines) and nothing else... I’m unsure if it’s just me not using the right tool or if it’s one of the app's limitations

as for the shaded background, I think it’s really good skill to practice because it helps you flesh out the volume of the picture extremely easy and quick (I started from a very basic skeleton), one of the biggest issues I would have is that I wouldn’t know how to ‘pose’ a sketch but if you splash some ink on it and start shaping it things gets really easy.

I was following one of Cubebrush's tuts and it seems extremely handy to do... as per the resolution procreate lets you do 2480x3508 (a4) so I haven't had an issue with the smaller detail... for what I have seen so far though it can handle fine detail very well.

hope that helps...

>>2356458
I can solemnly back this up, I had no lag issues with the pen at all... I'm really surprised at how well i can use this as a normal sketch pad (with a godly erase tool), once you get over the fact that you are sketching on glass... and not paper
>>
Eh, it's one anon's word against another, but:

Anyone who says it doesn't lag is fucking lying, or draws really slow. I live by an apple store and checked it out. There's lag of at least up to half a second.

That may not matter for some, but I can't deal with it. I'm used to absolutely instantaneous response of my pen and that's all I'll accept for sketching.
>>
>>2350360

$100 isn't that much even if you're strapped for cash, anon.

Now, buying the iPad AND the pen for what it has to offer is definitely a little financially irresponsible, but blowing 100 bucks to make your tablet a decent portable sketchbook would be worth the money to me. I'm not even that wealthy and I still wouldn't lose much sleep over 100 bucks.
>>
>>2356794
>change the grey mesh to a different colour
You can do it - it's just not straight forward. I do this for scanned inks.
>use the hue brightness sliders to turn blacks (or whites) into about 50% gray
>use the Curves sliders to adjust the red/green/blue to something that isn't gray
>go back to the hue brightness sliders and adjust color freely.

>>2356837
>one anon's word against another
Totally agree. I'm of the opinion that there is no noticeable lag, but that is just me.

I will say that the 500ms you observed is "like an hour" in software so that seems like a it would be a bug more than a persistent behavior. If you were demoing in Notes or some other App then it may be App dependent?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.