[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to git gud while having a full time job, /ic/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Obi-Wan_Kenobi(Rebellion).jpg (45KB, 247x332px) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Kenobi(Rebellion).jpg
45KB, 247x332px
Is it possible to git gud while having a full time job, /ic/? I've been NEET for years, but I have to start working in a month.
>>
For somebody that wasted years of NEETdom and is only just now getting into it, probably because he thinks it will be easy money? Probably not, fambo
>>
In all seriousness though, yes, if you put your mind to it and if you're truly passionate about it. If you're a typical nihilist NEET though it's going to be an uphill battle just to cultivate that much.
>>
>>2348618
Maybe, if you have literally no life outside work and art. And I mean, like NO life. Maybe one hour a day at most of friends/games/tv/whatever.

So other than that, probably not, or at least it will take you a very long time.
>>
File: MiddleAgeObi.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MiddleAgeObi.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>2348620
Relax there's no need to make assumptions
It's totally possible that he only discovered art near the end of his neet time.

It's dependent on several factors
>how intensive your job is
>how stressful your job is
>how much discipline you have to control yourself
>how you define gud

Plenty of artists have gotten gud whilst working a job
It's actually probably the smartest strategy to getting gud
You work in your free time and when you're good enough you can quit your job and work as an artist. No need to hassle yourself with that whole free spirit mindset

You don't need to do crazy things, it's all a matter of time management. You come home at 5-8 and go to bed at 10 I assume
That gives you between 1-4 hours free time.
You can make reasonable progress drawing for an hour a day as long as you study smartly.

Cutting contact with your friends is not a good idea, you need to have a healthy mind and body to be able to work efficiently in your pursuit of git gud.

Control yourself, you don't need to watch anime that much or play so many videogames. Make time to draw

Obi wan is qt
>>
>>2348620
>>2348624
I've actually been drawing for just over a year now, but I have admittedly been a bit lazy.
>>2348638
Thanks! I'll keep all that in mind. I think having a job would give me more motivation to draw as well. Being away from it and all.
>>
>>2348627
This is me. But then again I work nights at a subway, Everything is done in 45 minutes leaving 7.25h for fucking around. Can't bring oils, but my watercolour and collage skills are getting naaaaasty.
>>
Unless whatever you're doing is incredibly taxing you'll have plenty of time for art. Even if you're just doing an hour or two a day that'll add up quicker than it seems, and you've got your weekends for more ambitious projects. To me, getting home and drawing felt like time to unwind and I started to look forward to it. Enjoying it is big for building a habit. Having the habit is more important than doing hours and hours of study if it means you'll stick with it. You can ramp up your hours as you get comfortable.
I really suggest you make your goal "git better", though. A lot of people here trying to "make it" on this board seem bitter and anxious about their prospects. Having goals is great, and knowing a place you know you want to be, but try and make it well defined and don't let it constantly loom over you and make you feel shitty that you're not going fast enough. Better to look back and see how you've improved than look ahead and feel like shit.

as a point of reference, I wouldn't consider myself as having gotten gud, but this was a year's progress for me -
>>2345210
Personally I was satisfied with what I got out of it, even if I'm sure for aspiring professionals or people who spend a long time every day studying art it's not that impressive. I spent about half of it at full time work and the other half doing a semester at university as well as working part-time. If that kind of progress looks too slow for you, you can probably do better if you're more studious/disciplined. My own pace was pretty relaxed as I didn't really have any ambition of 'making it', since I don't plan to get a career in art anyway.
>>
>>2348686
I think it's very nice progress, anon. I don't really plan on having a career in art either, I just want to be able to draw well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.