[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No new Cintiq Companion revealed at CES >Only a new active

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: wacom.jpg (38KB, 1400x862px) Image search: [Google]
wacom.jpg
38KB, 1400x862px
>No new Cintiq Companion revealed at CES
>Only a new active pen for normie tablets
Is Wacom giving up or just slow? Do you think the increased competition has spooked them at all?
>>
It'd probably be smart of them to give up if they truly have. Considering the proliferation of normie tablets out there, making their own tablet is costly and dangerous. If you look on amazon the reviews of the Companion 2 are very poor, they were apparently riddled with hardware issues and because of that I imagine Wacom may have lost a lot of money and prestige correcting these problems, if they ever did in the end. As much as I wanted-and was looking forward to-a Cintiq Companion 3 I guess I'll just have to make do with what I have, or possibly get a Surface 3 or 4.
>>
>>2341017
I so badly wanted a reliable portable Cintiq, but all the stories of hardware failure with the Companions made me hesitate, not to mention the apparent battery and fan noise issues. I also felt it also had something of an identity crisis; too bulky to be a portable sketchbook, too small to be a stay-at-home desk tablet.

So for now I've settled for a Surface Pro 4. The Surface Pen isn't as good as Wacom EMR, but I'm finding it still pretty good for painting in Manga Studio, and the form factor is great.

I think a Companion 3 may still eventually happen - there's a thread on the official forum that Wacom have acknowledged. If they can make it reliable and less embarrassing to look at then I'll be on board
>>
File: Wacom-Intuos4-Pen.png (96KB, 450x204px) Image search: [Google]
Wacom-Intuos4-Pen.png
96KB, 450x204px
Am I the only one who thinks this is the sexiest thing in existence?
>>
Companions are a bad idea by design, like gaming laptops.
You need high performance machine to do professional job with a professional device, but what you get is a laptop hardware. two cores on low clock speed and so on while 4k is knocking on the door.

Just not gonna fly.
>>
they most likely pulled the newest companion and are working on a redesign.

They will be unable to compete until they provide a truly full featured portable experience.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.