[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about making a daily schedule for practicing the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: schedule.jpg (91KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
91KB, 600x400px
I was thinking about making a daily schedule for practicing the fundamentals and what not but how would I go about "checking my work"?

Also does anyone else have a schedule they follow? I'd love to see how other people go about this
>>
>>2338193
I have a schedule, but it's just one I made up myself based on what'd help me draw what I want to draw. Just do the same, anon.
>>
>>2338200
How do you go about checking it?
>>
File: 1449168822593.jpg (175KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
1449168822593.jpg
175KB, 1000x676px
here's dave rapoza's schedule from when he was gittin gud
>>
I do four+ hours of figure drawing/life drawing every day.
That'll whip you into shape.
>>
>>2338269
what does he mean by work cram?
>>
>>2338193
I don't really think you need to check it to be honest. As long as you keep practicing and studying, your mistakes will even themselves out. If you really feel the need to check mistakes, you can flip the canvas to get a better perspective of any problems. Or if you're doing traditional stuff, hold it in front of a mirror.

But like I said, I feel like checking all your mistakes might be a little pointless as long as you study well.
>>
>>2338402
Presumably freelance work, crammed into a short time slot instead of dedicating most of the day towards it.
>>
>>2338402
He means a job, where you get paid.
If you are a NEET, i'd replace it with "Drawing"
>>
>>2338417
I mean more regarding color and value
>>
>>2338233
By drawing something and flipping it if working digitally, or by looking away from it for 30 seconds if working traditionally. Also, the next day, spend a couple minutes going over yesterday's drawings to identify what your issues were. That's what I do, anyway.

I don't know how new to art you are, but you should probably be worrying more about consistently putting in a good deal of practice as opposed to checking your mistakes. You will know those well enough, and fix them over time, if you draw every day, even just for 1-2 hours.
>>
>>2338269
This rapoza ever say what drove him to suddenly work this hard. If i remember correctly he didn't draw in his youth and only started in his late teens?
>>
>>2338465
That's still really young.

From his schedule, I think he always had someone to help him with food, domestic busisness, etc.

It seems like he barely had any time to eat or sleep.
>>
>>2338418
>>2338420
NEETs really have no excuse not to gitgud then
>>
>>2338465
he got in some trouble with the law and couldn't get a job because of it, I think he used to shoplift. He realized that if he didn't get his shit together he would have no prospects. he talks about it on his level up episode.
>>
File: 1451918386590.png (654KB, 580x582px) Image search: [Google]
1451918386590.png
654KB, 580x582px
>>2338479
>NEETs really have no excuse not to gitgud then
but we're so busy with games and manga
>>
>>2338465
>>2338478
>>2338485
I remember seeing some of his pre CA days lineart stuff and it was actually pretty good. I remember on livestreams Dave and Dan use to draw in school and obviously he had a plan because he used his HS scholarship money for a tablet. People tend to over exaggerate things. A good example of this is tehmehs progress picture.
>>
>>2338440
Yeah, I can say the same thing for colour and value. It's something that you're going to pick up. If you have to check, you can use the eye dropper tool to compare to a reference, but you'll get bolder and more able to pick correct colors the more you paint, and in return the more confident you get.
>>
>>2338479
Well no shit
>>
>>2338269
He's really good but I feel that training and studies shouldn't be scheduled like that, instead I preffer project-oriented studies, so you have set goals and deadlines, and you can consistently check your improvement through your work. Besides that you never feel like you're going nowhere or are investing time and efforts just because

That's me though
>>
>>2338269
this schedule looks like a lot of hand cramps.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.