[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make something look "finished"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG0108.jpg (3MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0108.jpg
3MB, 3024x5376px
I have a hard time getting anything I do past looking like a sketch
>>
>>2334868
You do that by actually shading and rendering. But before you do that you really should look into perspective and anatomy.
>>
>>2334868
check out Kr0n, you basically use a lot of color adjustment layers, grain, sharpen, and chromatic aberration.
>>
>>2334868
use blue pencil for that (sketch)
and then work your way into detail

also work on weight lines for style
or crosshatch if your style is /co/
>>
>>2334874
/ic really think it's easy to do things like Kr0n?

You really overestimate yourselves a lot. Kr0n isn't amazing, but he has a solid base with fundamentals and is still way better than most /ic users.
>>
File: dan chavezs.jpg (47KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
dan chavezs.jpg
47KB, 500x602px
>>2334871
>>2334874
>you want a finished look?
>just render the shit out of it ;^)
LOL, if you really believe that linework can't look finished without rendering over it, then you won't make it, you parrots.
Pic related.

>>2334868
Check out "How To Draw" by Robertson.
>>
>>2334881
there's things i like about her work, but there's also tons of things i dislike about her work. imo her studies and life drawings are a lot more compelling than her sameface portraits

as for op, take more time when you work dude
>>
>>2334888

lol at filename
>>
>>2334888
OK I'll check it out, thanks
>>
>>2334881
>/ic really think...
Not /ic/, just one frustrated noobie who keeps posting the same dumb shit

Whenever there's a thread where someone asks a specific question on how to do something, that guy always comes in and writes his usual passive aggressive bitch post. "hurr just do completely irrelevant things that have nothing whatsoever to do with your question, but I act as if it's all it takes to show my disdain for commercially successful artists and how easy I think everything is in theory."
>>
>>2334893
Why the fuck are you calling Kron "her"? I mean, if you've been on /ic/ for more than 2 weeks, surely you must have heard people talk about him plenty of times already to know that he's a guy. In fact, the very post you are replying to refers to him as "he".
>>
>>2334868
I'm curious about this question myself, but then again all I really draw is doodles/sketches (not much to "fix").

To OP's pic in particular, here is what I have to say:
>crop the pic
>use clone/stamp tool to remove erase marks
>play with lighting/contrast so it looks like >>2334888

If you want your pic to "pop out" more, then adding some color always helps.

Other advice I have to give is just learn to shade and draw cleaner lines.
Then there are scores of other things to learn like color matching, shading to achieve a certain effect, etc.

I mean Idk, it really depends what you're going for in the end. Art like >>2334888 could just be your "thing," your gallery could be full of illustrations like that and be perfectly valid.
>>
>>2334909
To be honest I didn't really think about altering them. Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do with that
>>
>>2334909
>To OP's pic in particular, here is what I have to say:
>crop the pic
>use clone/stamp tool to remove erase marks
>play with lighting/contrast so it looks like
thats just retarded you are just basically saying to unfuck it digitally

what he needs to do is to erase it softly
then start to redraw it this time working in his lineart and his style
if he doesnt have one then learn it
>>
>>2334924
>basically saying to unfuck it digitally
Given OP's pic to work with here, yes.

>erase it softly
Yes, it would help to keep that in mind so there is less to unfuck digitally next time.

>working in his lineart and his style
>if he doesnt have one then learn it
This will take some time. In the meantime OP can post progress shots online and touch up have his work to be bare-basics presentable.
>>
>>2334868
chromatic abberation
>>
>>2334868
Lens flare
>>
>>2334888
I'm not the OP but I'm about half way through the book now. Got to the section about volumes. Do any of those techniques really apply to organic life forms? From what I've seen so far it's mostly for mechanical things or environments. Obviously you'd apply basic perspective to the form but I'm not sure if using the xyz method would be a good way to construct a form. Just curious.
>>
>>2334973
Meant to say "construct an organic form" at the end.
>>
>>2334934
>basically saying to unfuck it digitally
>Given OP's pic to work with here, yes.
you unsensitive faggot have you considered OPie dont even have a pc and is just posting from his cellphone?
>>
>>2334868
Make a lightbox and lightly trace that shit. Then do the final line work.
>>
>>2335006
I can't believe you're assuming OP has a cellphone, what if he's using a potato? Jesus Christ, kill yourself.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.