[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the surface pro 4 good for drawing/ art? I don't like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (443KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
443KB, 1024x576px
Is the surface pro 4 good for drawing/ art?

I don't like those tabs that you can't really see the screen you're drawing on.
>>
>>2334588
It really depends on how you use it. Alot of people complain it's too small to do shit, just like my 10.1 Samsung note tablet. I'm getting a Yiynova because of that.

There is a good side to these devices as they can be used for rough sketches that can be moved over to pc to be finished.
>>
i got it for christmas and unfortunately NOTHING WORKS ON IT
it's got windows 10
krita
gimp
photoshop
firealpaca
paint tool sai
clip studio paint/manga studio
illustrator
autodesk sketchbook

none work. either they won't open, crash, or there is no pressure sensitivity.

i've tried updating the drivers, opening with different service packs, setting back to factory default, everything.

The only thing that works with the pressure is fresh paint. I can tell you from my experience with that (meh maybe 8 hours total, i don't think you can add layers so i just use it to sketch when i want. i usually just do traditionally) that it feels AMAZING. I love it more than the old cintiq i got to borrow for a couple weeks (12UX i think it is called) and the x60 tablet by lenovo. The stylus is nice, but the nib that comes with falls apart easy for some stupid reason. So, I bought another set and i use the sturdiest one. the difference between the nibs is not a lot. This is a very fast tablet pc and really fun to mess around with, but i really wish more things worked on it. i got it for school and for drawing, but i haven't done much drawing on it and i don't think i will be able to for a few months.
One thing i'd like to mention:
The stylus nib is not like wacoms. Instead of the screen being a matte surface, the nib is what has a different surface. it is really interesting. I like the keyboard more than i thought i would (i didn't have high expectations.) The hinge that keeps the tablet up is really really nice

if you have any other questions just ask, since i have one on hand.
>>
>>2334749

That's odd. I had the first one and it was super easy to set up. Sounds defective.
>>
>>2334749
Everything works fine on mine, especially Manga Studio. Rarely I have to unload/reload the battery on the pen if it stops responding.

You should probably RMA it or send it to a local technician because that sounds really odd.

I would understand if those programs didn't have pressure sensitivity but crashing makes no sense.
>>
>>2334799
>Rarely I have to unload/reload the battery
Actually, you should never need to do that. In the end, it's still far from a real computer with a real graphic tablet I guess.
>>
>>2334803
>Actually, you should never need to do that
Considering my experience with Wacom displays involves having to run custom commands to jury rig the Wacom driver to calibrate remotely well, I am quite happy with the Surface pen since I've only needed to calibrate it once and is perfect in that respect.

I am willing to deal with something that might happen once every 2-4 days than having constantly shitty pen parallax and drift.
>>
>>2334813
What? Never any problem with both 24HD and 13HD.

13HD has a small problem with it's connector, though, but nothing to do with calibration.
>>
>>2334588

Uhh I used one awhile back and I couldn't handle the input lag

just a tiny bit of a delay drives me mad
>>
>>2334848
Same
>>
I got the i5 8GB model for xmas. I think it works okay with clip/manga studio, but don't expect a wacom experience.
The pen requires some force before any strokes are registered, i.e. super light brush strokes won't show up; for any given shade you'll have to press slightly harder than you would with a wacom pen.
That said, once you are pressing hard enough, the pressure sensitivity seems good. Latency and hover distance seem fine. Jitter could be an issue if you draw slow and do lots of line work.
Overall I think I can make do with it, but if Wacom release a Cintiq Companion 3 then i will probably sell the SP4
>>
>>2335153
thats the same one i (>>2334749) got
pressure isnt working on manga studio. did you do something with it? pressure only works in fresh paint.

its not a hardware issue
>>
>>2335228
>>2335153
wait wtf
now it works

fuck windows 10 desu
>>
>>2334588
has anyone tried to hook up a wacom device on it? i'd like to hook up my cintiq on it.
>>
>>2335416
Why you want to stick a tablet on another?
>>
>>2335420
I want the surface for on the go, but still my 24 hd when on my desk
>>
>>2335416
I've hooked my intuos4 up to it and it works as expected once downloading the driver.
The irony is that i might use this setup more than using the surface pen.

I have also learned recently that Samsung is about to launch a 12" windows tablet with wacom EMR. That has potential to be cintiq tier.
Also, the HP Elite x2 1012 will use wacom AES, which apparently now has tilt. I don't know if AES has the same problems as ntrig when it comes to activation force.

For what it's worth, i thought the apple pencil felt great on the demo units in store, i just don't know if the limited software an OS justifies the price.
I would have jumped at the cintiq companions, but they were plagued with serious hardware defects, as well as supposedly terrible battery life, fan noise and bulk.

I fucked myself by getting a sp4 from a store rather than microsoft, as the 30 day return policy apparently doesn't apply - i only have 14 days which I've just used up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.