[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to get into digital drawring. Is the Intuos Draw a good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: 61JC73nbyCL._SY355_.jpg (8KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61JC73nbyCL._SY355_.jpg
8KB, 355x355px
Want to get into digital drawring. Is the Intuos Draw a good beginner tablet? Compared to like a Bamboo or some other Wacom product <$150?
>>
File: 20151107_091714.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151107_091714.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I wanna say as a person coming from a graphire 4 since 2005, the new intuos line is a huge step up. I currently use the intuos art med and I love it.

You just have to calibrate the way you draw into how tablets work... pretty intuitive, but in the end you can win.
>>
Do NOT buy a new tablet until the reviews come out for the Huion Giano to be honest family man.
>>
>>2334549
>buying cheap Chinese shit
A tablet is an investment. It's worth paying extra for an actual brand because it will give you less trouble in the long run
>>
>>2334566
Prepare for the Huion retard fan brigade hatemail.
>>
>>2334533
>mfw im still using my wacom bamboo and havent even changed the tip it came with
>>
>>2334533
pencil and paper
>>
>>2334585
Can't be long now, the wacom retard fan brigade is here already it seems.
>>
>>2334586
>mfw using a cintiq and never needed to change the tip. And is also the best fucking buy I've made.
>>
>>2334645
what size?
>>
>>2334648
13HD, was suggested by a friend.
>>
>>2334649
is it too small? I really don't find drawing on my 10.1 Samsung note too horryfing because of the screen size. I am looking towards getting a graphics display and the Cintiq 13 and the Yiynova 22u V3 are in the exact same price range.... and I'm leaning towards the Yiynova.
>>
>>2334664
I'm used to drawing on 8x10 and 11x14 paper so it's a good fit for me. Otherwise if you're wanting to focus on drawing with your whole arm only, I'd save for something even larger. You can use your arm on smaller tablets like the cintiq but me I tend to have my program on 70% of the screen and refs on the other 30%.

Get a Cintiq. Just bite the meme bullet. I used to draw on bamboo and turcom/Huion bullshit and when I got the cintiq it bridged the gap between paper and a blank tablet perfectly. Spend a little more on the cintiq if you can imho.
>>
>>2334664
Same guy here
>>2334682
Tldr it's fine for its size, depends on if you draw more with your wrist or arm imo. Whole arm like a canvas? Go larger if you can or try to full screen your programs. More around the wrist and forearm? Good as is.
>>
>>2334533
i suggest the huion h610/h610 pro. it has better specs and costs less. i own one myself and am very satisfied from working with it.
>>
>>2334685
Damn, still in a tough decision. I know I'll fall in love with both. The 13" is plenty for me and Wacom is a familiar brand. I just looked at the Cintiq 13" for the past three months.

I personally don't look for the devices to emulate traditional pen and paper like with textured screens and shit. I can calibrate to whatever device I'm using so glossy surfaces is no biggie. I would love to make large strokes and really get into the piece which is why I want something lager than I been using.

I have a Thinkpad x60 tablet(love it), A note phone and tablet. I don't diss them, it's just that I want something bigger.
>>
File: ha.png (7KB, 468x425px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
7KB, 468x425px
just bought myself the h610 pro.
wish me luck.
>>
hey everyone,slightly off topic but apart from just milleage are there some exercises I can do to improve my co-ordination with a tablet...I always feel more confident with my strokes on paper than tablet.
>>
>>2334533
There's no such thing as a good cheap beginner tablet. Just cheap tablets that are shit, save yourself money in the long run and buy an intuos pro medium. Large will give you sore arms moving the cursor around the screen and small will give you carpal tunnel.

>>2335728
Start using your stylus to navigate the computer for everything else instead of the mouse, use it to browse face book and 4chan.
The intuos pro has a virtual keyboard that I use for shit posting, it takes a bit longer but will get you accustomed to your tablet much faster.
>>
>>2334533
get a Wacom Tablet with Tilt you can get this function from Intous3 onward
>>2335659
enjoy your no tilt you dufus person
>>
>>2334566
I bet you own a macbook.
Am I right fampai?
>>
>>2336041
No, I built my own PC in 2012
>>
>>2336027
tilt is worthless just like ur mom fgt
>>
>the chinese are bad and should be hated

Even a slanty-eyed clock is right twice a day.

I've used a Huion H610PRO myself and it was just fine. I've owned an Intuos 3 Medium, an Intuos 5 Medium, Intuos 5 Large and a Cintiq 12wx and the Huion was perfectly capable-especially for the price. The only real drawback is the hotkeys are less numerous and worse (but using your computer's keyboard is better than either, a lot of the time). Wacom isn't bulletproof. The 12wx I had was pretty bad and I have it sitting in a storage unit several miles away in lieu of my dropping it off at the city dump where it belongs.

Anyone considering buying a "cheap" tablet now should hold up and wait for trusted reviews of the Giano. If you can't afford a Cintiq-style tablet monitor or integrated device like a Companion or Surface Pro 3+ then you want the biggest and the best flat surface tablet you can comfortably afford and accommodate on your desk, I feel-and not without reason.

I may be technically quite poor as an artist, however I've drawn enough on a large enough variety of devices to be able to say in all honesty that I can perceive the comparative ease with which I can make the dubious marks I intend to now that I'm using a tablet that's more comparable in size to the monitor I'm using.

The Huion Giano potentially represents a very affordable, and if the H610PRO is any indication, reliable alternative to the Intuos Large-and is definitely something to keep your eyes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE4n_LUlOTg
>>
>>2336027
who the fuck needs tilt
>>
>>2336680
Literally no one. It's a superfluous joke of a feature that no one that actually paints gives a fudge about, real talk nigga.
>>
>>2336680
artists who use Painter like me. pencil feel right at home with a tilt capable tablet

brushes who are based on rolls or flats feel just right

but of course the average joe in this board only uses PS and paint tool sai Smh
>>
>>2336701
Or you could, you know, use a real pencil and paper?
>>
>>2334536

Ever draw on your tablet?

Has anyone has success using a drawing tablet on their entertainment tablet?
>>
I'm just a poor fag, so I bought this
>>
>>2336566

i had no intention of using my wacom in the hood
>>
I'm new to tablets, and I got one for Christmas

As a beginner, it's fine for me. There's no feature I really wish it had that it doesnt
>>
>>2336934
I wanted to get one of those. One of my friends going for animation had one and it looked fun as fuck to use.
>>
>>2336933
So far I only got to test it out and it was nice(I just reinstalled both OS's on my pc). I kinda don't like that the surface feels like I am drawing on rough paper because I am use to drawing on my slick Graphire 4. It feels very huge to draw on as well.

I'll try to go in depth sometime but right now I am working on a large vinyl poster.
>>
>>2336566
You funky ass mofo
[spoiler] Post more [/spoiler]

[spoiler] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hsqVYSHP0 [/spoiler]
>>
>>2336713
and buy the expensive gouaches aswell too ?

also the Intous 3 is super cheap no need to buy the new fancy wacoms
>>
>>2336934
maybe you shouldve bought the hd610 pro if u are a poorfag rofl
>>
>>2334533
I want something that i can draw on the screen with. Kinda like the samsung note 5. My price range is up to 200 dollars. I havent owned a tablet before.
>>
>>2338421
To further expand on that, i mean i want something with a screen, not a pad that transfers over to a pc.
>>
>>2338421

200? Try 400-2000
>>
File: fuck fuck fuck.jpg (95KB, 956x1066px) Image search: [Google]
fuck fuck fuck.jpg
95KB, 956x1066px
>>2338421
>$200

You're in luck

https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html
>>
>>2339028
He said with a screen, like a cintiq or surface pro
>>
>>2336027
>enjoy your no tilt you dufus person
seriously nigger?

you pay a premium for fucking tilt?
>>
>>2336934
This is my first tablet. Have had this for 2ish years now and I'm very happy with it.
>>
File: 3.jpg (35KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
35KB, 500x560px
>>2339022
Fuug
>>
File: 1423396751033.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1423396751033.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>2338454
>>2338421
Since you haven't owned a tablet before, you're like 90% of all digital artists. You don't know what's good for you. The other 10% are smaht get a low-mid range tablet and use that. Not only do you not know if it's worth investing in a screen tablet, you're gonna get one that's too small since you're poor, you're gonna be frustrated because you don't know shit about shit since you never painted digitally. All in all it's gonna be a miserable time when you could've just used a cheaper, equally functional(and arguably better) tablet. A screen is extremely overrated by beginners, it is not worth the cost, it's an investment that for a beginner probably isn't gonna work out. You're supposed to buy a large screen tablet when it's an investment for pursuing art, stepping your game up. You don't have game, don't do stupid things. Learn first, sperg later.

Advantages of a tablet over screen tablet. No hand in the way. no gap between pen and screen by the glass pane, reducing errors in accuracy, no errors because of the screens magnetic field(have this on my SP2). Way cheaper, easily packed and used with laptop.

Advantages of a screen tablet. Feels cool. Looks cool. Put it next to your gunnar glasses and razer keyboard. Feels a tinier bit more like pen and paper except not truly.

Myself, got an intuos 4 small, 7 years ago. Try getting a larger size. Will have to replace only because of size.
>>
>>2339197
Thanks senpai
>>
>>2339161
Yeah, for $200. He might as well said he wanted magical powers. It's not fucking happening. He does, however, have the unique opportunity to purchase what could be the best non-screen tablet to come out thus far (wait for reviews).
>>
>>2339216
>>2339028
Looks nice but the keys are only for right handed people. Also, since its not wacom the pen has batteries. Otherwise it might be nice. And it's real cheap.
>>
>>2334533
just get the medium size
>>
>>2339231
I'm pretty sure you can use it "upside down" and change the orientation in the software. Maybe not though.
>>
>>2339271
It's manufactured for right hand drawing, even if you can remap it. Wacom's tablets are symmetrical so this doesn't happen.
>>
>>2334533
https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html

is this tablet worth getting if i've never done digital before? seems like a solid price for a beginner.
>>
>>2338421

asus vivotab 8 note
>>
>>2339381
>https://www.huiontablet.com/huion-wh1409.html
this shit looks amazing.
>>
I won't afford another tablet.. but.
Are Intous brands good? I can't seem to find them, so I bought up a Wacom bamboo.
Does Intous brands also outclasses Wacom brands?
>>
>>2339873
The new Intuos (not-Pro) line is pretty much a rebranded Bamboo tablet. Wacom's been selling identical inner specs for years now, just with a different shell and different drawing/photo editing software coming with it.

The most meaningful difference is probably that Bamboo tablets are now 'legacy' so they don't get any serious driver updates anymore, but it's not like they don't do the job with the ones they have now. If some new Windows 10 update broke one of their old models they'd be forced to release a fix regardless.

Finally, the button placement of their new tablet line is horrid.
>>
>>2340632
I'm lucky because I'm using windows 7 and not intending to upgrade it.
Which tablet controls are superior? and which type of tablet brand is the horrid one?
I didn't use two of my buttons at my wacom, and still the touch controls annoys my cursor.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
I bought the cheap Monoprice tablet. It's 11 by 8 I think.

Drivers suck but you only have to install them once.

The liftoff distance is very low, compared to the Wacom one I borrowed from my school's library. It's a little annoying because it won't sense at a normal liftoff distance.

Besides that, it's fine, feels flimsy but works great. Even this size I feel is bordering on too small. For $30, if you've never used a digital tablet before, I'd recommend picking one up. At this point, if I had a more expensive tablet I don't think it would improve my art at all, so I'll probably stick with it until I improve a bit. The digitizer or whatever is apparently on par with other stuff (my experience using the Intuos 4 supports this) so even then I would probably be upgrading for better build quality and a larger size (and higher sensing distance), rather than accuracy.
>>
>>2340800

Also, I hate the buttons on the pen, I unmapped them but I still accidentally press them all the time. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with all tablet pens though. I can't believe they decided to put them there. It's really terrible.

And I hate that you can't hold the pen sideways, like you can with a lead holder. I guess this is more of a technical limitation. For these reasons since I'm just learning fundamentals I use a pencil + sketchbook, although digital is better (imo) for making a finished piece.
>>
>>2334536
Gotta say, as a /gd/ representative, that poster is hideous.
>>
>>2337673
>expensive gouaches
where the fuck do you live where gouaches are expensive?
40$ for a CMYK set is not expensive, and that's a pretty good quality. Unless you want the "top hipster limited edition" gouaches I guess
>>
>>2334536
I think I might buy that one
Looks much bigger than the small I had and I can kinda guess how big it is based on your laptop
Ex girlfriend never returned it
>>
>>2340809
I made it when I was 14 so yeah. I thought the concept was cool.

One of the oldest pieces I still have.
>>
>>2343306
Go for it. I think you'll fall in love how Wacom tried to make drawing feel much like pencil on paper with the textured surface so I think you will get a kick out of that as well.
>>
>>2343320
Is there a difference between draw art and comic?
Or are they just features they can do?
Also should I buy some Nubs?
>>
>>2343334
I think the only difference is that Art comes with touch feature.... but let me tell you It does not replicate an actual touchpad well so you won't be missing out if you do get the comic. ALSO I believe each come with their own software.
>>
File: oUblrGr.jpg (243KB, 936x1174px) Image search: [Google]
oUblrGr.jpg
243KB, 936x1174px
My monoprice 19 inch tablet monitor, which had been working like a dream for 2 years suddenly doesn't recognize my pen anymore.

The screen still works as a display, but the driver says "no tablet detected" when I click it. So sad.
>>
I actually just got an intuos for Christmas. It's pretty cool for $70. It also came with art rage lite. Don't jump into the expensive shit yet
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.