Want to get into digital drawring. Is the Intuos Draw a good beginner tablet? Compared to like a Bamboo or some other Wacom product <$150?
I wanna say as a person coming from a graphire 4 since 2005, the new intuos line is a huge step up. I currently use the intuos art med and I love it.
You just have to calibrate the way you draw into how tablets work... pretty intuitive, but in the end you can win.
is it too small? I really don't find drawing on my 10.1 Samsung note too horryfing because of the screen size. I am looking towards getting a graphics display and the Cintiq 13 and the Yiynova 22u V3 are in the exact same price range.... and I'm leaning towards the Yiynova.
I'm used to drawing on 8x10 and 11x14 paper so it's a good fit for me. Otherwise if you're wanting to focus on drawing with your whole arm only, I'd save for something even larger. You can use your arm on smaller tablets like the cintiq but me I tend to have my program on 70% of the screen and refs on the other 30%.
Get a Cintiq. Just bite the meme bullet. I used to draw on bamboo and turcom/Huion bullshit and when I got the cintiq it bridged the gap between paper and a blank tablet perfectly. Spend a little more on the cintiq if you can imho.
Damn, still in a tough decision. I know I'll fall in love with both. The 13" is plenty for me and Wacom is a familiar brand. I just looked at the Cintiq 13" for the past three months.
I personally don't look for the devices to emulate traditional pen and paper like with textured screens and shit. I can calibrate to whatever device I'm using so glossy surfaces is no biggie. I would love to make large strokes and really get into the piece which is why I want something lager than I been using.
I have a Thinkpad x60 tablet(love it), A note phone and tablet. I don't diss them, it's just that I want something bigger.
hey everyone,slightly off topic but apart from just milleage are there some exercises I can do to improve my co-ordination with a tablet...I always feel more confident with my strokes on paper than tablet.
There's no such thing as a good cheap beginner tablet. Just cheap tablets that are shit, save yourself money in the long run and buy an intuos pro medium. Large will give you sore arms moving the cursor around the screen and small will give you carpal tunnel.
Start using your stylus to navigate the computer for everything else instead of the mouse, use it to browse face book and 4chan.
The intuos pro has a virtual keyboard that I use for shit posting, it takes a bit longer but will get you accustomed to your tablet much faster.
>the chinese are bad and should be hated
Even a slanty-eyed clock is right twice a day.
I've used a Huion H610PRO myself and it was just fine. I've owned an Intuos 3 Medium, an Intuos 5 Medium, Intuos 5 Large and a Cintiq 12wx and the Huion was perfectly capable-especially for the price. The only real drawback is the hotkeys are less numerous and worse (but using your computer's keyboard is better than either, a lot of the time). Wacom isn't bulletproof. The 12wx I had was pretty bad and I have it sitting in a storage unit several miles away in lieu of my dropping it off at the city dump where it belongs.
Anyone considering buying a "cheap" tablet now should hold up and wait for trusted reviews of the Giano. If you can't afford a Cintiq-style tablet monitor or integrated device like a Companion or Surface Pro 3+ then you want the biggest and the best flat surface tablet you can comfortably afford and accommodate on your desk, I feel-and not without reason.
I may be technically quite poor as an artist, however I've drawn enough on a large enough variety of devices to be able to say in all honesty that I can perceive the comparative ease with which I can make the dubious marks I intend to now that I'm using a tablet that's more comparable in size to the monitor I'm using.
The Huion Giano potentially represents a very affordable, and if the H610PRO is any indication, reliable alternative to the Intuos Large-and is definitely something to keep your eyes on.
artists who use Painter like me. pencil feel right at home with a tilt capable tablet
brushes who are based on rolls or flats feel just right
but of course the average joe in this board only uses PS and paint tool sai Smh
I'm just a poor fag, so I bought this
So far I only got to test it out and it was nice(I just reinstalled both OS's on my pc). I kinda don't like that the surface feels like I am drawing on rough paper because I am use to drawing on my slick Graphire 4. It feels very huge to draw on as well.
I'll try to go in depth sometime but right now I am working on a large vinyl poster.
You're in luck
Since you haven't owned a tablet before, you're like 90% of all digital artists. You don't know what's good for you. The other 10% are smaht get a low-mid range tablet and use that. Not only do you not know if it's worth investing in a screen tablet, you're gonna get one that's too small since you're poor, you're gonna be frustrated because you don't know shit about shit since you never painted digitally. All in all it's gonna be a miserable time when you could've just used a cheaper, equally functional(and arguably better) tablet. A screen is extremely overrated by beginners, it is not worth the cost, it's an investment that for a beginner probably isn't gonna work out. You're supposed to buy a large screen tablet when it's an investment for pursuing art, stepping your game up. You don't have game, don't do stupid things. Learn first, sperg later.
Advantages of a tablet over screen tablet. No hand in the way. no gap between pen and screen by the glass pane, reducing errors in accuracy, no errors because of the screens magnetic field(have this on my SP2). Way cheaper, easily packed and used with laptop.
Advantages of a screen tablet. Feels cool. Looks cool. Put it next to your gunnar glasses and razer keyboard. Feels a tinier bit more like pen and paper except not truly.
Myself, got an intuos 4 small, 7 years ago. Try getting a larger size. Will have to replace only because of size.
Yeah, for $200. He might as well said he wanted magical powers. It's not fucking happening. He does, however, have the unique opportunity to purchase what could be the best non-screen tablet to come out thus far (wait for reviews).
I won't afford another tablet.. but.
Are Intous brands good? I can't seem to find them, so I bought up a Wacom bamboo.
Does Intous brands also outclasses Wacom brands?
The new Intuos (not-Pro) line is pretty much a rebranded Bamboo tablet. Wacom's been selling identical inner specs for years now, just with a different shell and different drawing/photo editing software coming with it.
The most meaningful difference is probably that Bamboo tablets are now 'legacy' so they don't get any serious driver updates anymore, but it's not like they don't do the job with the ones they have now. If some new Windows 10 update broke one of their old models they'd be forced to release a fix regardless.
Finally, the button placement of their new tablet line is horrid.
I'm lucky because I'm using windows 7 and not intending to upgrade it.
Which tablet controls are superior? and which type of tablet brand is the horrid one?
I didn't use two of my buttons at my wacom, and still the touch controls annoys my cursor.
I bought the cheap Monoprice tablet. It's 11 by 8 I think.
Drivers suck but you only have to install them once.
The liftoff distance is very low, compared to the Wacom one I borrowed from my school's library. It's a little annoying because it won't sense at a normal liftoff distance.
Besides that, it's fine, feels flimsy but works great. Even this size I feel is bordering on too small. For $30, if you've never used a digital tablet before, I'd recommend picking one up. At this point, if I had a more expensive tablet I don't think it would improve my art at all, so I'll probably stick with it until I improve a bit. The digitizer or whatever is apparently on par with other stuff (my experience using the Intuos 4 supports this) so even then I would probably be upgrading for better build quality and a larger size (and higher sensing distance), rather than accuracy.
Also, I hate the buttons on the pen, I unmapped them but I still accidentally press them all the time. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with all tablet pens though. I can't believe they decided to put them there. It's really terrible.
And I hate that you can't hold the pen sideways, like you can with a lead holder. I guess this is more of a technical limitation. For these reasons since I'm just learning fundamentals I use a pencil + sketchbook, although digital is better (imo) for making a finished piece.
where the fuck do you live where gouaches are expensive?
40$ for a CMYK set is not expensive, and that's a pretty good quality. Unless you want the "top hipster limited edition" gouaches I guess
I think the only difference is that Art comes with touch feature.... but let me tell you It does not replicate an actual touchpad well so you won't be missing out if you do get the comic. ALSO I believe each come with their own software.
My monoprice 19 inch tablet monitor, which had been working like a dream for 2 years suddenly doesn't recognize my pen anymore.
The screen still works as a display, but the driver says "no tablet detected" when I click it. So sad.