[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have a question. I'm still a beginner, working my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: Considerit.jpg (25KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Considerit.jpg
25KB, 600x451px
Guys I have a question.
I'm still a beginner, working my way through Loomis and such, should I avoid trying to do finish work with stuff that I really have no idea of how to do? Or should I wait till I dominate the fundamentals to try and do finished work?
>>
Finish works if you want, just don't expect them to be good.
I'd say just doing exercises for a while is probably a more productive use of your time while you're getting the basics down, but getting into the habit of actually finishing things is good, and you can learn plenty from doing something from start to finish and trying to refine it. A lot of people compulsively start things over and it stops them from working through their mistakes, they just restart with the first fuckup and don't learn from it. If you're trying to finish something, it means you're trying to identify and fix what you've done wrong, and that's vital for learning.
But still, know when to cut your losses. Don't get too attached to your stuff and be ready to scrap them if you're just polishing a turd. Know what your goals are when you start a piece, and if that goal is "have a polished, finished piece" then finish and polish the fucker. But if it's "learn x", you don't need to follow through and polish it if you can learn x more productively.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.