[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this site useful?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: CIzKT0a.png (296KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIzKT0a.png
296KB, 1366x768px
>http://drawabox.com/

for anyone here who managed to git gud, am I wasting my time with this?
>>
I think it's pretty good! At the bottom of every lesson is a link where students can contribute their homework so you can go there and see for yourself what they've drawn.
>>
>>2326795
yep, went through the lessons a while ago and they're pretty solid. you'll get a lot out of it if you're a beginner (providing you do the homework of course)
>>
>>2326795
I just checked the site and its very VERY basic stuff. If you have no fundamentals whatsoever, it might be ok (somewhat). Overall, its pretty bad for anyone who wants to learn and be a professional.
>>
>>2326845
Could you post your art, please?
I want to know on what level I'll be after this.
>>
>>2326850
Oh lord just shut the fuck up and do the fucking exercises, it's not something that you should study 24/7

Do one of these everyday, that's it
>>
>>2326882
this
>>
>>2326795
Don't bother, it's just peter han's lessons watered down. Go to cgpeers and get Dynamic Sketching with Peter Han and CG Masters workshop torrents, they have more lessons and they show how to do the exercises.
>>
File: based-proko.jpg (66KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
based-proko.jpg
66KB, 900x900px
>>2326795
nice try drawabox.com
>>
>>2326882
>excuses from posting your work
Somehow I'm not surprised.
>>
>>2326944
I'm glad you aren't, now go do the exercises.
>>
>>2326795
>>2326944
There are way too many factors for that to be a reliable way to see "what level" you'll be on after this. It takes you through practicing basic perspective/form drawing and gives you good exercises to practice them. It's really basic fundamental stuff. That is to say it's teaching you the "language" of art, and in other words, is giving you the "tools" with which to create art. If you don't already understand the fundamentals yourself you wouldn't be able to see how sufficiently some anon has been taught them through drawabox. And I don't mean you won't be able to tell when an image looks good to you, it's just that the thing is, even if an image looks really nice to you doesn't mean it demonstrates solid fundamentals. The site is useful, give it a try.
>>
>>2326795
It's useful for providing a learning structure but you'll need to complement his lessons and instructions with other stuff since he's not that great an artist. Make sure to go through the other student submissions for a lesson before starting the homework.
>>
>>2326882
Are you fucking retarded?
There's nothing wrong with asking to see someones work on a damn ART board, moron; especially when person he was replying to claimed, that he did those exercises.

Why are you getting so rude, defensive and butthurt?

Now post your work, faglord.

>>2327017
Sure, it doesn't mean that his work will be great, but if it's on "it's-shit-read-sticky" level, then maybe the course isn't as great as you're shilling it to be.
>>
File: IMG_20151111_183613964_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_183613964_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>2326850
not the dude you were asking but
a spider after doing the insect "class"
to be fair its from ref except the little egg sack thingies, wich are from imagination (obviously because their perspective isnt that good, especially the one on the back)
>>
>>2330766
Do you mind posting your work that was made wholly from imagination?

There's no praiseworthy skill involved in just copying what you see on your ref.
>>
oh god

just draw

goddamn

someone who reads the best art book may come out still drawing like scribbles

just draw, try it, supplement, you're not going to find a shortcut.
>>
>>2326795
Holy shilling, go back to the reddit hole who spawned you and stop creating the same thread every week.

There's no reason to use your ugly ass site when GCpeers offers the original Peter Han's classes for free.
>>
>>2326795
What's taught here is the same stuff that you'll find elsewhere but it's arranged in a nice logical order. The only thing that I think is inherently wrong is that the exercises are sparse and you'll have to supplement your learning with other materials that cover the same topics but you should be doing that anyways.

Try it, do the exercises and keep drawing. So long as you're being proactive with drawing and learning you won't be wasting your time.
>>
>>2332277
>you're not going to find a shortcut
>implying
>>
>>2326795
I liked it untill You spammed Your website ads like the one here. Jazza is another fag I really hate because of that.
>>
I don't know how it compares to other sites but I thought it was okay if you have no history whatsoever and need to get the absolute fundamentals and basic mechanics down. I abandoned it once figure drawing came up, though.
>>
You know what you're wasting your time with?this post
On a more serious note I'm quite often asked by beginners what they can do to improve and my answer is always study(if you don't know what then just start with whatever you're worst at)then apply whatever you studied by doing something from imagination.
If you still don't improve then that means you haven't been doing the things mentioned above or you haven't done them enough.
Honestly it's probably better to just start working hard and figure stuff out on your own rather than watching tutorials all day and not drawing anything.
>>
>>2332277
Basically, this.
Draw a box is good enough, so who cares! It'll teach you the very basics of construction and how to build up from imagination.
>>
>>2331626
i...i...i havn't been drawing ;(
i'm currently reading the keys to drawing from the sticky thingy.
that spider was the last thing i did until i noticed i was leaving a uni report to the last second and trying not to fail right now.

gonna be honest, the advantages from using the drawabox website are very specific.
if you are someone with no confidence, if you cant spot your own mistakes and cant impose strict rules to yourself to draw everyweek.
Then the class/homework like structure from the website + the reddit feedback feels better.
If you can study art alone, then CGpeers classes are more than enough.
>>
>>2332594
>i...i...i havn't been drawing ;(
D:

Thanks for your thoughts about this course though.
>>
depends on how you use that site as tool to improve yourself

'is this useful shit? yes useful shit' doesn't mean it's automatically in your head and magically make your hand much better.
>>
>>2332335
fuck u
>>
>>2326795
desu i stopped doing it because if you keep up with the homework it takes forever to do them. I have like 5 double sided pages of random lines and boxes
>>
>>2334698
so just do the exercises?
>>
>>2335459
well obviously read the lesson and then do the homework tasks. All I'm saying is that PERSONALLY while I found some lessons useful, they were also time consuming and I doubted if it was a good use of my time or not. I spent a lot of hours doing the basic tasks like when you need to draw straight lines, go over the line 5 times and fill like 4 sides of paper with them. Sounds easy but if you do it properly and don't rush it takes forever.
>>
>>2326795
It's a great beginner course to teach you the basics, after that only actually drawing a lot will make you good.
The course will drill the basics into you, you can just down load peter hans sketch course and it's better but you don't get peter hans feedback.
The draw a box dude will critique your work.
Later on most of his shit is behind a patreon pay wall though.

https://mega.nz/#F!es1BSKQR!spODyd0iaQmMelGA2GscFw!L9ljhQaD
Peter hans stuff is in the link above, under videos/ drawing and painting if you want the more in depth version.
Peter hans course requires a lot more starter material where as draw a box can be done with just a liner and drawing pad.
>>
>>2335466
>>2336004 Here.

The line copying stuff is necessary no matter what, a big part of art is strengthening the actuator muscles in your hands/ arms. Doing the copying lines exercises every day long after you've quit the course or vilppus circles will be necessary if you ever want to get good.
>>
>>2336004
will Dynamic Sketching 2 be available as well, or is it not as necessary as the first one?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.