[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Educate me on Kurds, /his/ On the one side, they are depicted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 20

File: kurds.jpg (155KB, 1000x759px) Image search: [Google]
kurds.jpg
155KB, 1000x759px
Educate me on Kurds, /his/
On the one side, they are depicted as pro west, pro equality and fighting the evil terrorists.
On the other side, Turks call them backward, violent and prone to honor killing.
>>
>>696091
>On the other side, Turks call them backward, violent and prone to honor killing.
Not a turk but they're right. The west likes to ignore such things when finding an ally for muh oil
I mean Saudi arabia is murican ally goddamnit.
>>
>>696099
>The west likes to ignore such things when finding an ally for muh oil
>I mean Saudi arabia is murican ally goddamnit.

qft
>>
>>696091
Depends on Kurts

Turkish Kurts - Niggers of Turkey
Iraqi/Syrian Kurts - More civilised than other neighbours, save from Assyrian whose clay they steal
Iranian Kurts - No idea, they're Sunni but don't give that much fug muh iranic brotherhood
>>
kurds are islamic communists
>>
>>696192
>Islamig gommunism :DD
>>
>>696091
They are the most violent ragheads ever, they only play that ISIS is worse than them while all "ISIS execution movies" show Kurds doing it.

Americans should support their greatest ally, Saudi Arabia in pursue of peace and prosperity in the region through Wahhabi dominance.
>>
If you ever watch Top Gear, you may remember that special where they got dumped in Iraq and had to drive somewhere. Remember how they got to Turkey and were handed a piece of paper saying it was now even more dangerous? Yeah, that was because of the Kurds.

*All of this if we take it at face value and assume any of it really happened.
>>
kurds are not monolithic. there's the commie retards that are clearly a soviet plant from back when USSR was still relevant. they are essentially no different to african commies' shenanigans we all know and love.
and then there's the capitalist pro-western more religious iraqi kurds ruled by the barzani family for like almost 60 years.

don't believe me? turkey literally supported and fought on barzani's side during the Kurdish civil war in 1994 (many people don't know this, or completely ignore this)

this whole notion that turks hate kurds is nonsense not supported by even the slightest of historical research into the subject. turkey doesn't want commie kurds in syria, just like anyone would not want some commie neighbour on their borders.

the problem now is that the world changed dramatically - the west is very left leaning, especially leadership-wise. i'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, it's just a fact. so we hear a lot of bullshit about how syrian commies are a beacon of hope in the darkness of middle east, which is frankly not true. the idealization of syrian kurds is totally unjustified, especially when there's Barzani's turkish supported kurdistan next door.
>>
>>696240
>during the Kurdish civil war in 1994

oops, missed 7 on the keypad
>>
Check this out OP:
http://88.255.97.25/reserve/resfall14_15/Hist302_Edaloglu/week12_13.pdf
>>
>>696240
>there's the commie retards that are clearly a soviet plant from back when USSR was still relevant
older than that
>>
>>696240
>this whole notion that turks hate kurds is nonsense
then why do they call them k*rds? Is it out of affection?
>>
>>696259
what do you mean? i'm not aware of any sort of interest in communism amongst kurds before the cold war (if that's what you're saying)

>>696291
i wouldn't judge anything based off comments here.

if we take your point seriously then everyone in the US hates black people because everyone calls them niggers on 4chan.
>>
>>696091
Why not both?

Receiving support from the west doesn't mean you're in line with western values. Saudi Arabia is objectively the most violent and repressive of all the Islamic states (bar ISIS if you count them), and yet they're the closest to the US out of all of them. Money always trumps morality in foreign policy.
>>
>>696311
It would mean that there are serious racial tensions in USA, which is clearly true
>>
>>696222
>America's greatest ally, Saudi Arabia.
Top kek by what logic is Saudi americas greatest ally in the middle East?
>>
>>696091

It depends on which segment of Kurdish society you're talking about. There's a very religious, conservative element to Kurdish society and a left-wing, revolutionary one as well.

So you have deeply religious Kurds that oppress their women; communist Kurds that believe in full gender equality; tribal Kurds whose loyalties depend on local politics; and capitalist Kurds who trade extensively with Turkey.

You'll notice that Turkey doesn't have any problem with conservative Kurds that are happy to participate in capitalism. Its beef is with the communist revolutionaries who want to impose their own rule over the Kurdish people.
>>
Kurds are bloodthirsty communists who pretend to be good guys to the West by making photos of females with guns at the same time they massacre the Assyrians in Syria and Iraq.
>>
File: 1439409955701.png (2MB, 1500x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1439409955701.png
2MB, 1500x1371px
>>696091
All you need to know on kurds is pic related. I'm not even a turk, but a white schwaben guy who probably hates kurds more than any turk fightine southeast ever will.

They spit on the streets, they form gangs of kurdish "musicians/artisssteees/rappers" and bully on german kids, they literally try to get you to say "yes you iranics were the true aryans". They are hopeless. Dare I say, subsaharan nigger tier.

Germany used to think turks and poles were shit, until the kurds and chechens arrived.
>>
>>696348
Because it's... *gasp*

B A I T ! ! !
>>
>>696428

Awww, you sad because the big bad Kurdish kids bullied you?
>>
Best Muslims in the ME.

They dabbled in Gommunism during the Cold War, but besides that, their based.
>>
>>696530
>their
Shit, meant "they're"
>>
>>696363
Not to mention that the kurd women enlist themselves to escape from the terrible situation they live in the misogynististic kurdish society, no better in this than the arab one. You won't see those gals fighting if it wasn't for a combination of imported european leftist ideology and big necessity of (wo)manpower.
>>
They killed some Arab civilians who were supporting ISIS.

Boo fucking hoo
>>
>>696148
Not all iranian kurds are sunni, although the archetypical iranian kurd is.
>>
File: 1387726070966.jpg (41KB, 358x334px) Image search: [Google]
1387726070966.jpg
41KB, 358x334px
>>696091
well if the turks hate them the probability of them being good people gets pretty high

the turks are subhuman apes belonging in the same tier as russians so they're always wrong
>>
>>696560
t Self Hating Russian Rape baby
>>
>>696560
kurds being "good" is the biggest meme.

Granted, Turks are dominating savage alpha males historically,

BUT

Kurds are a minority from Persia who have been hated by the Persians since time immemorial.

They are the only non-black muslims to practice female genital mutilation.

They literally have tribal laws that state that a brother kills sister if that sister even does so little as to kill another man.

They have a substantial marxist militia presence culturally, thinking Stalinism and/or Maoism is a viable option to fight Iran, Iraq or Turkey.

They were the majority of guerillas who harassed and murdered the Armenians being deported to Syria.

The list goes on.

Just because they fought ISIS last year, doesn't make them human.
>>
>>696580
kill = kiss*
>>
>>696580
>if that sister even does so little as to kill another man.
sounds like not such a little thing to me, to be honest, family
>>
>All of this thread
t. Mehmet

Seriously, you are talking as if you could simply divide a mountain people into three distinct groups based on the countries they inhabit. Mountain people's diversity and hostility is a constant in history (think for example of the Caucasus or the Himalayas). In the first place, tribalism and honor killings are a cultural constant in the middle east. Turkey and Syria have neglected their kurdish population and as result, tribalism runs rampant, just as with any other tribal ethnic group in the middle east. Secondly, even among the kurds of a single country there will be vast diferences depending on the area. Remember than in the last elections, the kurdish democrats won a big chunk of the votes for a reason. You also have the PKK that is very much westernized through ideology (because, even if /pol/acks don't want to admit it, marxism is a western ideology that promotes a western way of life), but has very little grip in the territory compared with their iraqi neighbors, who have been able to establish a much more stable local government, but it still has to deal with sunni kurds joining daesh. As a result, both in Syria and Iraq the lack of a central power leaves kurdish communities just as neglected as in turkey, so you have tribalism.
Do you seriously expect tribal cultures to magically turn civilized when there is no access to running water and education? This is all fault of arab nationalism and the influence of the Ba'ath ideology that was the reason both Syria and Iraq had hostile relations with their kurdish populations.
>>
>>696091
>this entire fucking thread
>>>/r/worldnews
>>
>>696614
All things considered, Turks actually like kurds more than any of their other emigre countries. Just because we remove marxist PKK kurds, doesn't mean we are prejudiced against the 10+ million integrated kurds

t. Real Mehmet
>>
>>696580
>They were the majority of guerillas who harassed and murdered the Armenians being deported to Syria.
You mean when they were part of the Ottoman empire? Seriously Mehmet, are you pinning the fault of the armenian genocide on the kurds?
>>
>>696640
9 out of every 10 Armenians was killed by a kurd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamidiye_(cavalry)
>>
>>696648
Were the Hamidiye still around in 1915 though?
>>
>>696629
The fuck's an "emigre country"?
>>
>>696648
Still, part of the Ottoman empire, following the orders form a turk.

>>696677
Yes they were, is no secret that kurd soldiers took part on the genocide, but blaming the genocide on kurds only is absurd. Remember that the hamidiye had also other ethnic groups such as the turcomans on their ranks.
>>
>>696691
The article says they were active till 1908.
>>
>>696348
Because israel is antichrist nazi dictatorship while Saudi Arabia is shining beacon of tolerance in this wild world. If only whole world was like Saudi Arabia...
>>
"AND THE ONLY KURD I'LL EVER LOVE
IS ABDULLAHU
OCALAN"

~Chant of the Polish team Legia Warsaw, known for it's communist tendencies.
>>
>>696648
>9 out of every 10 Armenians was killed by a kurd
Proofs?
>>
File: evidence.png (33KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
evidence.png
33KB, 899x547px
>>696715
>>
>>696715
we know this

t. cali armenian
>>
File: eeeeeee.png (4MB, 1200x4000px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeee.png
4MB, 1200x4000px
>>
File: 1452721309341.png (2MB, 1608x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452721309341.png
2MB, 1608x1200px
>>
File: 1441901306715.png (54KB, 624x880px) Image search: [Google]
1441901306715.png
54KB, 624x880px
>>
>>696947
>crime rates are high outside of ethnically Kurdish regiouns
>KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURDS MOVED THERE THAT'S WHY
>>
>>696965
You forgot to mention that Turkey buys oil from ISIS.
>>
>>696555
There are Shia Kurts from Iran? Intredast
>>
>>696987
Turks just can't admit they have neglected their eastern territories, and will blame kurds for any given thing.
>>
Hey turkey maybe if you let the kurds have a state of their own they wouldn't be so up in your shit
>>
File: Saddam before during after.jpg (211KB, 669x960px) Image search: [Google]
Saddam before during after.jpg
211KB, 669x960px
>>696091
>migrate into Mesopotamia and Syria from Persia
>work as mercenaries for various caliphates
>commit genocide against Armenians and Assyrians at behest of the Turks
>attack Iraqi infrastructure and attempt to destabilize the area
>cry to the US when such actions are met with a completely predictable response
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 700x600px
>>696091
When you have a civilization with such an illustrious record of ethnic cleansing like the turks, are you really going to believe what they say about their neighbors?
>>
File: Assyrianmassacres.jpg (23KB, 220x357px) Image search: [Google]
Assyrianmassacres.jpg
23KB, 220x357px
>>697071
Hey American if you opened a history book, you'd find that the Kurds attacked Armenians and Assyrians for the Turks.
>>
>>696987
Highest kurdish population cities in turkey(except east)
Ä°stanbul.3.000.000
zmir 800.000
ankara 600.000
adana 600.000
mersin 500.000
bursa 500.000
antep 400.000
antalya 250.000
(2012)

Theese are the highest kurdish population anatolia cities. And you see these crime rates.

>>696992
well memed my friend

>>697071
we should gave isis their own state. So they cant be problem right ?
>>
Butthurt T*rks abound ITT

Here are some indisputable facts:

-the Kurds share a mountain with EVERY persecuted minority in the ME
-the Kurds have gone out of their way, multiple times, to protect groups like the Yazidis from bloodthirsty islamists
-the only Muslim worth respecting, Saladin, was a Kurd
-Turkey's ONLY contribution to humanity, Chobani yogurt, was founded by a Kurd
>>
File: 1438786690647.png (772KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1438786690647.png
772KB, 1240x1754px
>>697135
>>
>>696428
>ZOG media

I wonder what sort of political ideals does this poster believe in!
>>
>>696091

>Educate me on Kurds, /his/
>redpill me on x, /pol/
>>
>ITT: Kurds are evil brownskin communists and literally worse than ISIS
>t. Mehmet
>>
>>697475
>>697482
Who are you quoting?
>>
I don't know much about, other than they were one of many ethnic groups who got a raw deal when the ottoman empire was split up. and they always end up being someones useful idiot in most of the middle east's conflicts.
>>
>>697550

Well at least one of them was paraphasing OP, which is an acceptable 4chan convention when using greentext.

I also have to query how this thread fits into /his/ and doesn't belong on /pol/ - not because of any given views expressed but because it appears to be about the modern day Kurds, not a discussion of Kurdish history from at least 25 years ago or or a discussion of pure humanities.
>>
File: Sharpe1402.jpg (77KB, 459x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sharpe1402.jpg
77KB, 459x300px
>>696091
I only opened this thread because scrolling past I thought that was a picture from Sharpe.
>>
I'm a Turk who fully supports Kurdish Independence, EthnoNationalism and Irridentism.
My problem with kurds are twofold

>Goverment spends tax money (both in warfare and in public investments) to east, which I don't give a fuck about
>Kurds from East migrate to west, not only fucking up the labor market but also deeply riddent in crime, from petty to organized majority of the criminals have kurdish origins.

I don't hate kurds per se, if you are poor naturally you will leech off tax money and be prone to criminal activities. But If Kurdsh got their independence then there would be no excuse for them to stay in the west, the crime and tax spending will be lowered and everyone can live in their homogeneous countries.
>>
>>696358
>You'll notice that Turkey doesn't have any problem with conservative Kurds that are happy to participate in capitalism. Its beef is with the communist revolutionaries
This is pretty important. Also, if you look at Turkish elections, Erdogan's AKP is very popular among conservative kurds. And as has been said before, Turkey co-operates closely with Iraqi Kurdistan.

I don't think it's just ideology though, if the YPG (left-wing syrian kurd militia) wasn't a sister group to the PKK (equivalent militia in Turkey) I think they would have much less of an issue.

It's simply a pragmatic point that if you have a local group which is hostile to your government, you don't want them to have a strong ally next door who can smuggle weapons across the border and harbour fighters.
>>
>>697575
1/10 of every nickname on Mount&Musket
>>
>>696222
T oil sheikh
>>
>>696580
>thinking Stalinism and/or Maoism is a viable option to fight Iran, Iraq or Turkey.

This is bullshit though. The PKK is neither stalinist nor maoist.
>>
>>696428
>not white
>posts pictures of people with white skin
>>
>>696580
This whole post is a meme itself t,bh mehmet
>>
>>696091
>listening to Turks
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>696091
Kurd are not a little bit better than isis, but usa consider them as allies so they show them as gud guise

I completly agree with turkroaches when they say kurds should be exterminated
>>
>>698474
t. hakan
>>
>>696091
All you need to know is that Kurds are killing based Assyrians.
>>
File: maolin.png (316KB, 620x461px) Image search: [Google]
maolin.png
316KB, 620x461px
>>696240
>Shitting on the PYD/PKK while supporting Barzani and his cronies.

Fucking KEK.

Barzani and the wider KRG are a bunch of ultra-corrupt, totalitarian, tribal shitheads who just siphon development aid into private bank accounts and their own walled villas.

The PYD and PKK now have an ideology and plan that actually makes sense for the middle east through Confederalism, where Barzani is nothing more than a Turkish/US/Wall Street puppet.
>>
File: _80083305_bigpainting.jpg (48KB, 624x535px) Image search: [Google]
_80083305_bigpainting.jpg
48KB, 624x535px
>>696091
>Taking into account Turkish opinions for anything.
Well, there you have it, anon, Turks are pieces of shit that mirror their own flaws on the turks.
>>
>>696148
>Turkish Kurts - Niggers of Turkey

This I can believe. We've got one where I work. He's a Turkish Kurd who moved to the Netherlands when he was about 12, now he lives in the UK, but he's been all around Europe and has family spread all over including Sweden. He's easy to talk to and joke with, but so far he's managed to piss off everybody in our department because all he does is complain about having to do work. They put him on one job, he complains, they put him on another job, he complains and says he'd rather do the previous job, they put him on that previous job, he complains again.

He ogles at women and says derogatory things about them, including one there who I am somewhat close with. He once mentioned a trip to Sweden to visit his cousin where they went to a club and were chatting up Swedish women. They asked where he was from and he said he was British and hearing that they say they love British men. He doesn't even have a British accent. I think I'll move to Turkey and start telling everyone I am Turkish.
>>
same thing with turks, the rural folks are backwards (rural kurds more so, owing to the remoteness of their territory) but urbane kurds are as cosmpolitian as coastal turks.
>>
>>696240
Except the bit where attaturk himself called the lot backwards
>>
File: Roger a Muirebe.png (469KB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
Roger a Muirebe.png
469KB, 642x414px
>>698512
>Well, there you have it, anon, Turks are pieces of shit that mirror their own flaws on the turks.
>>
>>696091
>On the one side, they are depicted as pro west, pro equality and fighting the evil terrorists.
>On the other side, Turks call them backward, violent and prone to honor killing.
True on both accounts.
>>
>>696091
the u.s.a will be fighting them in 10 years. tops.

it's the vicious cicle.
they gave guns to al-qaeda to fight the russians
they gave guns to isis to fight al-qaeda
they're giving guns to the kurds to fight isis

smart move.
>>
>>696580
lmao, mehmet, how turk can you be??
>>
>>696965
>"Air strikes"
Best New Kek
>>
File: pontypool1.jpg (66KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
pontypool1.jpg
66KB, 1366x768px
>>696582
>>
>>696428
>red pill
I don't see how anyone is supposed to take any of this seriously.
>>
>>700343
Well, wanted to give the guns to al-qaeda to fight ISIS first but Russians started to laugh at them.
>>
File: 231.jpg (155KB, 960x947px) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
155KB, 960x947px
>>697115
it's not memed, you dumb shit...
turkey is a terrorist state (like israel, for example) that does business with other terrorist organizations

they're absolute trash and they always were

>pic related: this happens every single day
>>
File: 145547968363[1].gif (2MB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
145547968363[1].gif
2MB, 288x216px
>>696222
>>Americans should support their greatest ally, Saudi Arabia in pursue of peace and prosperity in the region through Wahhabi dominance.

heh, after the religion of peace we have the country of peace
>>
File: 1455449134860.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455449134860.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>696091
turk here, they are right about the ones in turkey
i mean out of all the minorities in turkey, kurds are by far the worst one. if we could deport them i am pretty sure everyone would agree to build kurdistan and give them clay but we won't be able to
majority of kurds here are basically half persian/arabs that live in feudal lord/serf societies and make money from doing illegal activities
a lot of them went to europe during the immigration boom, giving us a bad name in europe as well

just fucking nuke us already rusiya
>>
>>700521
>I'm a turk
>Like all turks, I hate kurds

Who would have thought.
>>
File: 1438592220299.jpg (40KB, 415x423px) Image search: [Google]
1438592220299.jpg
40KB, 415x423px
>>700535
i am one of the other minorities in turkey
turk is a carpet term used for all turkish citizens, and you are right as a turk i hate the kurds
in a multi-ethnical state like turkey, when everyone else in the nation is somewhat racist against one ethnicity you know that they have fucked up somewhere along the line
>>
>>700395
Stared at this gif for like 15 minutes straight.
>>
>>696091
I was on holiday in Turkey last year. Walking along a promenade, some Kurdish kids were walking by and messing around. They started to yell at us. After the yelling they started to fucking throw rocks at us and I had to get in the way of them to step the rocks hitting who I was with. They came up and asked for money and cigarettes and I told them to go away.

Ever since then fuck kurds.

Not to mention their child bride, electricity stealing, terrorist ways.

Kurds aren't your friend.
>>
>>696707
from what city do you come from anon?
t. Polish football knower
>>
It's more complicated than either the "Kurds are our greatest ally and believe in gender equality" or "Kurds are savages little better than ISIS" people are saying. I'm in Erbil right now and I can tell you this area is quite pro-western, many businessmen are trying to encourage western development, and whether it's just to get dat foreign money or out of a genuine desire to be part of the international community (personally I think it is a mix) they encourage people to embrace western norms. I have seen Kurdish soldiers rocking US flag and US Army unit patches and have had positive interactions with them. They are people, like anywhere else.
>>
>>700380
top kek
>>
>>700586
you see erbil is iraqi kurds, they are pro-western. they are backed by america and turkey
syrian(pyd) and turkish militant(pkk) kurds are on the other hand pro-eastern and are basically islamic communists, they are russian aligned
>>
Kurds are basically just Persians with Arab social structure.

They're a mercenary people, have been forever, and just sell their services to the highest bidders, who are now the US.

Can't really blame them but their glorification by hipsters is nauseating.
>>
>>697587

>But If Kurdsh got their independence then there would be no excuse for them to stay in the west, the crime and tax spending will be lowered and everyone can live in their homogeneous countries.

If the Kurds get independence they're not all going to fuck off back to Cizre and Silopi buddy. They're going to continue shitting up western Turkey because that's where all the money is.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.