[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're a citizen of Rome at its height. What is your class,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: romecloth.jpg (26KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
romecloth.jpg
26KB, 500x215px
You're a citizen of Rome at its height. What is your class, occupation, family/relationship status, and everyday life?
>>
File: ettufeelus.jpg (64KB, 677x782px) Image search: [Google]
ettufeelus.jpg
64KB, 677x782px
Same as everyone else here, I'd be a pleb.
>>
>>684638
You could be a noble pleb.
>>
>>684636
Do you mean what we want to be or do you mean to transpose our current status to the nearest approximate equivalent during the Pax Romana circa 30 BC to 200AD? You gotta be specific OP.
>>
>>684636
A pimp givin' out that Dacian ass to any Roman soldier
>>
>>684645
What you want to be, but within reason. Let's say the throne is off limits.
>>
If it's made to mirror what my current position is most similar to them I'd be a pleb in a middle class family probably trying to marry into a patrician family while helping my father run his business.

Failing that I'd join the legion and work my ass off trying to get noticed and hope I don't end up on the rhine or in Britain.
>>
>>684656
In that case, I want to be dead so I won't have to live through the Crisis of the Third Century
>>
>>684636
>>684636
non

I'm a big dick Carthageinan who fuck Roman bitchs
>>
>>684656
>Let's say the throne is off limits.
So being Julius Caesar is okay then?
>>
>>684636

I'm a farmer. I run my household and I farm.
>>
>>684691
Fuck off, Carthage scum.
>>
>>684636
Dictator because the senate are corrupt faggots.
Christian because pagans are faggots.
>>
My friend offered me a government job and I took it. I teach giraffes to rape.
>>
>>684636
Mirroring? An engineer. Which is pretty sweet actually. Roman period is probably one of the golden ages for engineering.
>>
>>684636
I want to follow my husbando Gaius Julius Caesar around. When he's assassinated I'll fuck off to Egypt and spirit away Caesarion to contine his father's legacy.
>>
>>684636
>class
pleb
>occupation
pleb
>family status
plebs
>everyday life
plebian
>>
>>684691
>height of the Roman Empire
>Carthage still exists
>>
File: 1428130245023.jpg (42KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1428130245023.jpg
42KB, 679x427px
>>684720
>>
>>684755
There where still Carthage people around but not Carthage

>>684699
You that my buddies the vadels and the Frank fuck you up
>>
>>684767
>There where still Carthage people around
Only Roman citizens that happen to speak phoenician
>but not Carthage
Actually there was, but it was a colony south of the old one founded by Caesar
>>
>>684790
It's like Puerto Ricans they are under the USA but they still Puerto Ricans and Carthage was better anyway
>>
>>684636
Don't know much about Rome. Whether it's an analogue for the real me or what I'd end up choosing, if I'm honest the results are the same.

>Literate and/or artisan.
>Not fit to be ruling class, likely to do shady shit for fun/cash in an urban setting.
>Coming from money, probably a second son or a deeply disappointing heir.
>Relationship status depends on associated economic realities and social constraints.
>>
>>684809
Shut up, you're a big dick Roman citizen who fucks Roman citizen bitches now
>>
>>684636
At any age, Born into aristocrat family or ruling class always the best choice.
>>
>>684823
No my people are like the balck Panther party Carthagaian power
>>
>>684666
As if the crisis of the Third Century wasn't way after the "height" of Rome.
>>
>>684841

Cathaginians weren't black, they were descendants of Phoenicians (Sand People) you fuckin idiot.
>>
>>684636
I am a single Latini writer living in the capital of Rome and father of many orphans.

I spend my days strolling up and down the many roads meeting all sorts of interesting people at the Forum, in the bath houses, at the amphitheater, every which way collecting ideas for my various stories.

I go home, I write, and when I'm done, I go to the palace to read them to Caesar in his court.

In my oldest years, after raising many fatherless and motherless children to become successful contributors to society, I will return to nature to live the remainder of my life before I die.
>>
>>684879
I did not say they where black I said they balck Panther party a pro balck so was saying they pro Carthaginians dumbass
>>
>>684914
You death
You get stab by a frank
>>
>>684939
Huh?
>>
>>684967
Ok you won't die like you fought it will go like this

You where walk home form the vineyard when a wild frank runs out of the bush and stabs to to take you money you die form intrell bleed of the lover
>>
>>684987
That's just awful.

Also, I think you might be intoxicated by that wine.
>>
>>685017
It's ture you know those brabs will do that to you it happen to my son in law Paul who was a Christian
>>
>>685027
Paul was beheaded!
>>
>>684636
Based on my social status today?

A student maybe? I unfortunately don't know a lot about Roman life but I would probably be from craftsman-tier birth, doing whatever Romans had in terms of higher education, or making pottery or some shit. I'm born, do some boring job until I'm 50, hopefully have a pleb wife, and die from disease or sacking.
>>
>>684636
I am a young man seeking a better life that has enrolled in the army. I am soon promoted due to my valor and after promotion demonstrate an excellent ability for command. As my position in the army grows, so does my ambition, until one day I am granted the title of 'Consul', and the men with whom I have fought for many years, those who have witnessed my rise are supremely loyal to me. More loyal to me than to Rome. I use my position and my army to challenge Rome, and I emerge victorious. I become Imperator and have harsh but fair rule. I sire many chuldren with many women, each charmed by my strength.

Now I await your bowed knee and your awed exclamation of 'Hail Caesar!'
>>
>>685037
Wrong Paul this was Paul form Milan
>>
>>685045
Full time adult students would be fairly high in the social standing but it's tough since education has been so democratized in modernity.
>>
I'd move to Greece and wear a Pallium and hopefully be accepted into the Academy.

Fuck getting married. Until the taxes become too much to bear anyway.
>>
>>685054
Yeah I sort of assumed only patricians were very educated. Maybe I could have a comfy artistic trade like wood/stone carving
>>
File: 1430548801271.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1430548801271.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>684636
Based on rl?

I would be an assistant or apprentice in some trade or another, likely dealing with food. My father's family were originally Celtiberians, but my father himself is Romanized and helps Patricians with buying and selling land, possible he is a slave. My Mother is the bastard daughter of a once-noble-now-poor patrician family, and I myself am born out of wedlock.

My father took great pains to teach me to read, so I spend my free time reading whatever I can get my hands on.

A small part of me will always want to go off and join the Legion but i'm not sure if i'll ever go through with it. I also have a fascination with Ptolemaic Egypt and I may end up traveling there.

If it's based on what I actually would want, I would sign up to be some Pleb ladafundia who has more wealth than I can ever spend in one lifetime. I would spend all day fucking slave girls in front of my wife and patronizing the arts and the games.
>>
File: DD feel.png (57KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
DD feel.png
57KB, 671x588px
>tfw slave in the gold mines
>>
>>684636
At its height? That would be from the 80's to 50's BC, before everything went to shit. I'd be the plebeian son of a cartwright, I guess, or some equivalent occupation, taken on as a builder's apprentice and volunteering into the legions as an engineer.

>>684638
>>684711
>>684748
>>684790
>>685051

Can we make it so that you actually have to know something about history before posting? Look at this shit.

>>684644
>>684647
>>684662
>>684720
>>685106

10/10 posts

>>685051

You're not "granted" the consulship, you're elected into it, and there is absolutely no way up the political ladder if you stay in the army the entire time. A successful political career without the military was possible, but one without the law courts whatsoever was not.

But t. wannabe Gaius Marius :)
>>
>>684636
Considering my real life:

I would probably live on the Atlantic coast of Spain near a somewhat large city, working as a scribe of some sort. My father is an accomplished legionnaire working in charge of some special task force or something of that sort. I hail from Athens where I grew up in poverty.

Average day consists of attending family-mandated classes and then coming home to work all day on my own pursuits or bumble around in the Spanish meadows and chaparral.
>>
>>684636
I'm a beekeeper, but sometimes I go and conquer Judea on the side.
>>
>>685177
Silver, mate, silver and lead.
>>
I would probably be a physician or something who spends his spare time fucking slave girls whenever possible.
>>
>>684636
that would be impossible, as my lineage ties me solely to southeastern asia.

to be a citizen of Rome you'd have to be awarded it or be born a Roman, and Roman influence never reached the region I originated from.

therefore if I were to be in Rome it'd likely be because I'm a slave of a slave of a slave where my ancestors would be continually moved and recaptured by conquerors gradually west until I worked as a slave in Rome.

Perhaps, I would be granted citizenship by a soft master. I could never attain it by being a gladiator, as asians are diminutive in size and mass, a poor appearance for celebrities that make a show of force. If I were to be a citizen I wouldn't be able to work my way to anything. As a slave I would only know pointless manual labor that wouldn't translate into a trade. I would certainly be too old to become an apprentice to a craft. Therefore the only choice left is to join the Roman military. I would likely spend my days training, and fighting until I retired because I know nothing else, or until I die because I had the misfortune of being in the front lines of a barbarian charge and have a sword shoved into my gut. I may also die on the streets because I wasn't allowed into the Roman military for whatever reason.

My family would either have been dispersed or dead, sold into slavery to other masters. My relations would be with my friends-in-arms (if I could even make any due to my alien appearance in comparison to Roman appearance), and the various women I rape or prostitutes I fuck along the way during campaign. Because of this social isolation I may very well also be mentally ill(like everyone here seems to suggest anyways).
>>
>>685388
Roman silver reached that far through trade links in the chain.
>>
>>685433
but not it's influence

the coinage might have been used as a form of payment due to the inherent worth of silver and gold to civilizations everywhere, but China in any of it's dynasties were never known as Romans or even to the Romans

the coins from a roman trader might be given to a persian trader which then might be given to an indian trader and finally a chinese trader.

it would mean that Roman trade influence was large, but none of roman culture or society was ever left in the far reaches of asia.
>>
Taking from my own history, I'm 50% anglo and 50% scandi, so I'll go with the anglo part of my ancestry
>TFW legionnaire manning Hadrians Wall all day and fucking helga the iceni all night
>>
Well actually my family claims to be able to trace its lineage to the patrician family of the Sulpicia Gens, So hopefully well off. My grandfather says he keeps the family records in his Local order of the moose or some shit where he leads. My father is next in line, its currently in debate about whether or not my now transgender sister (mtf) is counted or not , or if they should go with my fathers brothers son as he is older.
>>
>>685439
It is not incredible that if you are an adventurous sort you could leap all the links in the silk road.
>>
Impoverished patrician, serving in the army.
>>
>>685465
yes but that means nothing if there was no visible roman influence in far east asia.
>>
>>684636
>citizen
lel good one. I'm a barbarian from a tribe sitting on the border in bumfuck nowhere. In a skirmish by a Roman patrol, I accidentally get caught in between the battle while trying to cross the border illegally. Now, I'll probably get sold into slavery. I don't know how to speak Latin, let alone becoming a citizen.
>>
Probably a Roman NEET living on government grain handouts
>>
>>684636
Astronomer/mathematician desu
>>
>>684636
I'd be the son of a British equestrian, an owner of a state factory in one of the main cities of the province. I'd be sent off to Berytus in the east to learn the Law which i'd apply in the courts of Londinium.
>>
I would be a designated cuckold, drawn from citizens because it is just not the same with a slave.

Fitted with a chastity cage I sit on beds or beside the bed and watch other men have sex with prostitutes, sometimes getting to hold hands with the whores who I get to know but I am forbidden to ever have sex with myself, not that I can afford it on my wages.
>>
File: 1451634074906.jpg (123KB, 1100x1783px) Image search: [Google]
1451634074906.jpg
123KB, 1100x1783px
>>684647
A young centurion from Corinth.

Lucius.

High born, son of a wealthy trading magnate and my mothers side are men of prominence, local governors etc.

After campaigns abroad, buy many qt3.14s (especially Dacians) and enjoy my harem at an oceanside villa.

I would grow the best vino in Asia Minor.

Speak many languages and sail across the Mediterranean acquiring antiquities and conversing with fellow brilliant men.
>>
>>685291
>Can we make it so that you actually have to know something about history before posting?
>That would be from the 80's to 50's BC
Dude, that was pretty much a low point for the republic
>>
I'd be one of those guys running "fast food" places where people could go in during the day and grab something to eat. Living situation would be a small single house not far from the city, with a small patch of land for cultivation of random vegetables. One wife, two daughters and I'd molest one of them.
>>
>>684636
Sewer cleaner of course, might have an honorable death by shit
>>
>>684636
>class
Equestrian

>occupation
Soldiering (Officer)

>family
Married with little bastards of my own, Dad is retired on his honest misso

>daily life
Dealing with filthy barbarian snow niggers that revolt every time you look away.

Wow, it's basically me IRL. Replace snow nigger with sand nigger and I'd fit right in.
>>
Class
>Tracian slave
Occupation
>Slavery, eventually gladiator
Family
>Banging the domina
Everyday life
>Leading a mass rebellion with a nickname Spartacus
>>
>>684636
If I have to transpose my current status into roman terms, I'd probably be the only son of urban salaried workers for some merchant or the state. Just wealthy enough to give me an education. And I'd also be stupid enough to throw that away to enlist in the legion because I'm too stupid to take advantage of said education.
>>
>>684636
Class: Pleb
Family/Relationship Status: A distant, sad memory, but babies die all the time, so whatever.
Everyday Life: I probably rotted away long ago and became a part of a bunch of living things.
>>
>>684636
Pleb, no idea, I would probably just as much of a kissless, hugless, handholdless virgin, no idea.
>>
>>684636
class: greek immigrant
occupation: """medicine""" till I get sued by some jagoff for making his hemmroids worse. But it's okay because Cicero takes my case pro bono because the funny surrounding circumstances are good for his PR. Then I follow my patronus around and shill for him all the time while contriving to become a famous lawyer myself.
family: I write letters to my relatives back home but will never know if they have received them =(
everyday life: buying food from fast food guy, going to bath houses, parlaying my knowledge of Greek into a pitance of prestige by pretending to be philosophical (but really it's for the money; Socrates is rolling in his grave)
>>
>>685291
What's a cartwright?
>>
File: ei0351s.jpg (275KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
ei0351s.jpg
275KB, 900x596px
pleb on my way to the catacombs to join this new mystery Ichtus cult from Levant. DonĀ“t really know much but eternal life sounds appealing
>>
>>687372
get away from those jew troublemakers frater
>>
>>684636
Mirroring my current job?

Tax collector.

Well, guess i'm going to beat some people and rape their wives.
>>
>>684767
>>684790
>>684809
>there were still carthage people
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh god. You actually fucking think this.

Virtually the ENTIRE populace of carthage was fucking killed during the fall of the city. 350,000 dead, with 50,000 taken as slaves.

Those slaves were deliberately spread all over Rome in tiny groups to ensure they could not organize and rebel.

Within a generation, the carthaginian people were as dead as their city and army.
>>
I'm a hired guard in the house of an art-collecting noble.
I have a small house and am the pater of my small clan due to an absentee father. I'd probably have a kid by now due to lack of modern birth control.
I'm not totally a peasant, but I'm not that far from it. I have a wife, and live with her, our child/ren, my mother and my teenage brother.
>>
Sit in the Coli all day watching the games
>>
i'd work with engineering. Designing some weapons or forniture.
>>
>>687508
>designing furniture
>designing weapons
>engineering

No, you'd be a carpenter or a smith. Nothing wrong with that, they're actually excellent professions, just not engineering.

>>687342
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cartwright+profession

>>686078
Well I disagree, but okay.
>>
>class

Battlemage
>>
LADIES
I AM THE PURPLEMAKER
SMELL REAL BAD THO
>>
>>684697
So slave on a latifunda
>>
File: Solitude_Guard.jpg (276KB, 350x836px) Image search: [Google]
Solitude_Guard.jpg
276KB, 350x836px
Imperial German Bodyguard
>>
By Roman laws I'd be able to fuck the man my wife cheated on me with, and have an audience too if I wanted
>>
My father is a military veteran who went into teaching afterward. Is this possible in Rome? I thought most tutors were Greek slaves.
>>
>>687461
>Carthage was killed

No it wasn't. Severus was a Carthigian as was Augustine. They killed it in spirit
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.