[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was Napoleon viewed by his own soldiers? How loyal were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How was Napoleon viewed by his own soldiers? How loyal were they to him?
>>
Well considering they went back over to his side during the Hundred Days without a shot fired I'd say they were pretty big fans.
>>
Cult of Personality, la

Even Poles used to shout "Vive l'Empereur!" before charging head-on the cannons.
>>
>>680542
He could be the most well loved general in history.
>>
File: 1424195157928.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424195157928.png
56KB, 500x500px
He was a manlet so I can hardly imagine much loyalty or love for him
>>
>>680580
>t. perfidious albion
>>
>>680542
>>680554

Very much loved, inspired that loyalty etc. There's that famous quote by Wellington about Napoleon's presence being worth 40,000 men on the battlefield, and that's in large part due to the enormous impact he had on the troops' morale. Bear in mind though that significant part of the Grande Armée was made up of foreign soldiers, some of which were enthusiastic supporters (Poles, Bavarians), others less so (Dutch, troops from several German states).
>>
Adored when he won, despised when he lost.
>>
I'm not sure if it is true but I heard that he knew his soldiers by name and that his men would sometimes shout "Vive L'Empereur!" (Long live the Emperor) while dying on the battlefield.
>>
Since the Guard was the first to enter Smolensk, they were naturally the first to try to find food and drink, which were handed out until supplies finally dried up. After the Guard entered the city, the gates to the walled city were shut, and only units marching under their colors with an officer were permitted to enter.

The Guard took control of the bazaar in the center of town, and did not allow anyone except those in the Imperial Guard in. This caused other soldiers to attack the Guard anytime they saw them in the city outside of the bazaar.
The army had began to enter the city on 9 November, and by 12 November, they still remained there despite these horrible conditions. The temperature had dropped to about -10 F, and most of the army was still camped outside with no shelter whatsoever in summer clothing.

Even loyalty to Napoleon was beginning to weaken. Napoleon thought that if he seemed well fed (which he most certainly was) and able to carry on with no problem, it would inspire the troops to do likewise. This was taken by most however to be a sign of Napoleon not caring for their suffering.
>>
pretty much >>680599
Well Napoleon's soldiers was tired of the war. Yet the First Restauration made them remember how better he is, provoking>>680544
>>
>>680580
>Napoleon
>manlet
Pick one, you filthy Austrian.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.