[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of pic-related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: School-of-Lifew.jpg (121KB, 690x358px) Image search: [Google]
School-of-Lifew.jpg
121KB, 690x358px
What does /his/ think of pic-related?
>>
they are alright

yet lacking any real originality
>>
For briefing on philosophy and history and such, they're okay. In their other videos I think they're too busy trying to forcing their own world view onto you.
>>
>>676634
This. Wish they just stuck to quick overviews of dead people. Then it'd be a good intro channel for newbies.
>>
After watching a few it really makes me feel they're some kind of sect.
Feels like I've joined Scientology, if Scientology made informational YT-videos.

So: >>676634
got it right

They don't present the truth, but THEIR truth. For example in their Tolstoy-video
>>
>>676615
I don't know, OP, I went to the school of hard knocks, over on the wrong side of the tracks from there. You take a left at the ivory tower & head straight on.
>>
>>676658
I think the co-creator Alain de Botton is atheistic/leaning towards anti-theistic. Maybe that's why the channel has a very humanistic bent? Which leads to a progressive, collectivist, and effective altruistic flavor.
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 500x705px
>>676615
It's free and open to everyone, but that fact kinda destroys their exclusiveness.
It's easy to leave, all you have to do is drink some bleach or smthing
>>
>>676615
I wish they'd tone down on their bias a little, but I like them.
>>
>>676656
Right? I've been fervently searching for a channel/podacsts/whatever that does that
>>
>>677759
Dr. Gregory Sadler YT channel, Partially Examined Life podcast, History of Philosophy without any gaps podcast, Existential Comics for a chuckle. I used to really like the PhilosophyTube channel but Ollie has gotten really preachy with SJW/muh feminism/exposure for female philosophers.

The thing at least with major philosophical figures is that sub-10 min videos typically don't adequately do them justice. Still nice for newcomers.
>>
>>678960
>History of Philosophy without any gaps podcast,

Pretty lousy and less informative than a a Wikipedia introduction. He voice and bad jokes are alright though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.