[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ONE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: ONE.jpg (5KB, 236x229px) Image search: [Google]
ONE.jpg
5KB, 236x229px
You only get 1 life.
That's it.
Nothing more.

To think otherwise, exists in the imagination.
>>
File: corruption_of_demiurge.png (298KB, 1112x761px) Image search: [Google]
corruption_of_demiurge.png
298KB, 1112x761px
>>676290
LOL

END THE SIMULATION

DOWN WITH DEMIURGE
>>
>>676290
You only get 1 moment.
That's it.
Nothing more.

To think otherwise, exists in the imagination.
>>
It's a hard pill to swallow; the mind wants to preserve itself at all cost.
>>
Can anyone provide any proof that my pattern formation wont reform to reassure me of this?
>>
>>676339

the thing thats hard to swallow is the confusing pointlesnes and lack of any indipendent selfsustaining context

that we know we are alive and that we know we will die are realy abstract notions

right now im typing with my fingers in a way learned to the point of automation, using a system of signs and a system of language i learned, there are some basic rules and structures inherent, that way i know what im doing and im concretely executing the actions

but if we just took all that out of context, dismantled the system, and turned it into sheere abstractions i wouldn even be typing, i wouldnt use words the way i am now, it would mean nothing, there would be no point, just arbitrary random actions and absurd bits of information

i would then have to go trough the effort of asserting order and sense all on my own, all the time knowing im pulling shit out of my soon to be dead ass

thats what living is like

and then you die
>>
>>676290
You actually get zero lives.
That's it.
Nothing more.

To think otherwise, exists in a particular imagination.
>>
>>676290
source?
>>
>>676456
Every dead human corpse on earth.
>>
>>676471
but can you prove their mind did not go elsewhere?
>>
>>676417
Yep. This.
>>
>>676475
You're doing it. Asking questions that take away from the reality of the fact you only get one life. Nothing more. You're playing the imagination game with that line of questioning. A timeless human game to hide from the fact that we are finite, limited, organic creatures that will die.
>>
>>676479
>Asking questions that take away from the reality of the fact you only get one life. Nothing more.
again I'm going to have to ask where your proof is?
>>
>>676290
Proofs?

On the contraty, there are people who went into astral

physical realm is a simulation
>>
>>676482
Every dead corpse on earth.
You don't see how you are the one jumping into the realm of imagination, while I'm still here in reality see the cause and effect nature of reality.

You need to spend more time around dead people anon.
>>
>>676479

organic life is a continuity tho, its only the individualist perspective that makes you focus on 'you' as a mortal, but thats just a iteration, of iterations, of iterations, of iterations...
>>
>>676486
>realm of imagination
nigga shut the fuck up, this doesn't mean anything. Is it imagination to make any assumption about what happens after your death
>>
Depends upon how you define "you". You could define it as your dna, or your bloodline. In that case you have lived a million times, and will live a million times more.
>>
>>676489

There is no assumption when you look at a dead human being. I've stared at dead bodies in Afghanistan. Seen dead animals. The nature of reality is not anthropocentric. We are just a minor living part of the enormous universe. We "desire" or "imagine" more because we can't cope with it. It's a basic survival instinct; but the reality is, when you're dead, you are gone. Dead.
>>
File: zeno of elea.jpg (45KB, 485x637px) Image search: [Google]
zeno of elea.jpg
45KB, 485x637px
>>676479
>Implying motion
>Implying finite objects even are comprehensible
And you're accusing other people are playing imagination games?
>>
>>676495
>when you're dead, you are gone. Dead.
This cannot be proved and will never be proved. I actually agree with you, but I just like to fuck with people who make such stupidly bold claims
>>
File: hume.jpg (3MB, 3365x4001px) Image search: [Google]
hume.jpg
3MB, 3365x4001px
>>676496
Just seeing it all for what it is.
Not trying to stamp anything.
Just observing and accepting the observation.
>>
>>676290
:^)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritism
>>
>>676499
I grant you this. I only base my assumption from the perspective of the living observing a corpse. The assumptions don't look good. It looks pretty dead inside. It looks pretty gone. I didn't see a soul fly out of the dead body just after it died (would have been nice, but nope).
>>
>>676501
You are absolutely conducting induction here.
>>
>>676516
of course, we can't have a deductive argument with this topic, that would be ridiculous (or sound ridiculous).

If you haven't guessed it yet anon, I'm just having some fun.
>>
>>676290
But... but... I want to go to heaven and live with Jesus!
>>
>>676290
Incorrect, we get infinite lives; the current widely accepted cosmological model of space-time suggests eternal recurrence. The bad news? Life is horrendous for everybody, and they will relive their torture forever.
>>
>>676619
>the current widely accepted cosmological model of space-time

lol
>>
>>676629
?
>>
>>676506

a falcon once died in my hands, idiot crashed into some plexiglass at a buss stop chasing a sparrow, some of us tried to tend to it, take it to a vet, but it just rolled its orange eyes and that was it

remember feeling this immense confusion, just, confusion
it was alive, at one second, and then it just rolled its eyes back, at it was still there, but it wasnt alive any more

took me a whole day to process that

started wondering what it actualy meant that it was supposedly alive in the first place
is it just some change of state? am i alive?? how do i know???
got me paranoid for weeks, would wake up in the middle of the night terrorised by it... literaly had to convince myself I AM alive

still confuses the shit out of me
>>
>>676486
>You need to spend more time around dead people anon.
Ok.
>>
>>676471
What about the live ones?
>>
>>676692
Yeah them too. Since they are all going to take their last breathe someday as well.
>>
>>676485
There was a study they did about that.
Some people who claimed they could "go astral" were told that when they did it, the scientist would put out a sign and when they returned from floating around the room they had to say what the sign said.
All of them said they saw the scientist put out the sign from their view above their body.
None of them got it right.
>>
It must feel so good to believe in an afterlife. I'm scared of death. I'm terrified of wasting my one shot at life.
>>
You only get one life but in essence the "you" who gets that one life is life Itself
>>
>>677249
I feel like that doesn't actually mean anything and you just like how it sounds.
>>
>>676290
Well that's pretty damn disappointing for almost everyone who has ever lived.

Pretty grimdark actually.
>>
>>677213
lol
>>677230
It's fantastic, the best coping medicine there is.

>>677275
Again, the universe is not anthropocentric; we imagine it to be because we "need" to imagine it that way to cope with the fact that we are just here, and then we die.
>>
>>677269
Your contingent consciousness originates from an eternal, unconditioned consciousness. Not that hard bud
>>
>>678325
haha, playing the imagination game. Not that hard bud.
>>
File: download (1).png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
7KB, 225x225px
>>678347
Me and some of the greatest thinkers in history. I'm in good company.
>>
>>678381
Doesn't make it any less wishful thinking.
>>
>>678406
Not that other guy but what happens after death? I'm not religious or spiritual but I do think an after life or another life is possible seeing as nothing doesn't exist and is just an idea created by humans. There is no physical example of nothing so what is it like to experience that? And at the same time there can't be an afterlife because what part of you goes to the next life?
>>
Agnostictard here.
There is surely no way we can now if there is or there is not a life after death. All we can do is just think and believe in whatever we want. It all ends there.
But the main source of me wanting to believe that there is more than this all is the some paranormal stuff that i have exprienced. I would never connect it with God or religions at all. No, but it could be some sort of things that we are still up to discover, about ourselves.

On morning of the 15th Februar 2007 my grandmother told me that she had a really creepy dream that night. I was preparing my stuff to go to school and asked her what she saw. She said that some man came to her bed and said "You sleep so well right now, but let us see how you will sleep on the 7th may."
It got our interest that we even made a point on our calender to see if it will be some shit.
Well, on the 7th may the same year my mother died.
Basicly my grandmother predicted the death of her own daughter. I think it is about some kind of a strong mother-child relation on a mental niveau which we still don't have any idea about. Perhaps... there is more than this all, Anons.
I don't know.
>>
>>678697
One time I predicted that we'd have pizza on Thursday instead of Friday.

Perhaps there is more than this all, anons.
I don't know.
>>
>>678704

So you won't believe me? Ignorance is bliss i think. As i said i am agnostic. I am not talking shit about destiny, religion or some sort of magic. Just that it is possible that we still have to discover stuff about us. Like the 6th sense of some people and so on.
>>
>>678711
I believe you and I hope others believe me. In fact, I'm releasing a book of my predictions and I'll be hosting a public access call in show where I use my insight into the unseen to help guide people lost in their unguided wanderings. Please tune in and remember, $1.00/min is worth knowing the unknowable.
>>
>>678728
Fuck off. You are what is wrong with this world.
At least have some respect, pleb.
>>
>>678728
I hate snooty little fedora faggots like you. Fuck off
>>
File: cries in spanish.jpg (28KB, 540x380px) Image search: [Google]
cries in spanish.jpg
28KB, 540x380px
>>678758
Respect for what? People who'd have had me killed for not thinking the way they do?

>>678764
>fedora
I'm not without belief anon. I believe in you.
>>
>>678784
Have respect for someone i lost years ago.
And if you have some other opinion just say it, give arguments why you think this way and i will answer. So we can end up discovering some solution not just swearing to eachother, you understand? I haven't seen something you wrote to defend your ''way of thinking" which is supposed to be opposiotion of my beliefs.

I am tired of teenagers who lack of sex and shit on every anonymous forum they can. Fuck off if you won't say something that is worth.
>>
>>678784
>Respect for what? People who'd have had me killed for not thinking the way they do?
If you don't respect them and they don't respect you, what makes you better than them exactly?
>>
>>676475
I've had family die, not once did I see their brains slither out their ears and disappear into the sunset.
>>
>>676479

I don't personally believe in life after death, but what you're essentially saying here is that the possibility of life after death should never be investigated or contemplated because people are unlikely to have unbiased motivations for doing so.

What's your justification for such a position?
>>
>>679063
Not him, but I tend to view the desire for an afterlife, or the desire to be pretty much anywhere else than where you are currently, as psychologically meaning that you're too weak to handle your own situation and just want to imagine a second chance or some place better for your ego's sake.

To me, it doesn't even matter if there's an afterlife (a concept of which is absurd anyway when you analyze the world deeply enough). The very notion of wanting one is unacceptable.
>>
>we know nothing of what happens to our consciousness after death, or even what consciousness is. You cannot make a claim about what happens after death with any certainty.

And

>many people choose to believe in the afterlife because they're afraid of dying.

Are not conflicting observations, OP
>>
>>679073

So any effort to better your situation in any aspect is a sign of weakness?
>>
>>679083
An ideal that you strive for is not what I meant. It's the ones that daydream about magically being somewhere better, and don't actually make any effort, that I'm talking about.
>>
>>679073
loll

This guy watched cosmos a few times and he thinks he's penetrated into the mysteries of existence. fuck off dude even with usernames I wouldn't be able to tell you fedora drones apart by your posting
>>
>>679094

How do you define effort? What about a Christian who believes in the afterlife and makes an effort every day to follow the teachings of Christ so they get to go to heaven?
>>
>>679073

What do you mean by analyze the world deeply enough?
>>
>>679104
>What about a Christian who believes in the afterlife and makes an effort every day to follow the teachings of Christ so they get to go to heaven?
Latching on to an imagination because others told him/her to, or because s/he is incompetent in this life and wants to believe in an afterlife.

>>679109
Read philosophy and observe the world yourself. If you're smart enough, you'll realize how absurd the concept is.

Protip: there is no thing-in-itself, no I and You in the flux; these are phantasms that emerge from poor eyesight. This blows up the concept of the Christian "soul" which the concept of afterlife relies on.
>>
>>679129

What separates an imaginative belief in the afterlife from an imaginative belief in one's future success? Is it simply probability? if so, where do you draw the line and on what grounds?

>thinking that the christian heaven/hell/souls version is the only conception of the afterlife that exists
>>
>>679129
>all of philosophy happens to agree with my worldview

Come on, if there's no I, then that means upon death we return to the only authentic existent there is, whether you want to call it God, Nirvana, or the Source
>>
>>679148
Most of the board appears filled with Christians so that's the afterlife version I'm addressing. Other ideas like reincarnation are a different bag of human madness, but more redeemable from an allegorical perspective than Christianity's notion of it.

If you're working hard, regardless of the goal, fine. Doesn't change the fact that adopting the idea of there being a (Christian's) afterlife means you are either a sheep or you're desperate for a second chance.

>>679154
>whether you want to call it God, Nirvana, or the Source
Nothingness, which there is nothing about to say or strive towards, and which has no bearing in this life unless you allow it to.
>>
>>679174
The idea of nothing doesn't exist. You can't say it exists if you have not experienced it
>>
>>679265
I don't disagree.
>>
>>676290
Yea, one eternal life. I'll be banging smoking hot angel babes in Heaven when I die, and you'll be getting your pooter pounded by big burly demons in Hell.
>>
>>679278
Why can't I get my pooter pounded by smoking hot demon babes? :(
>>
>>679129
>Protip: there is no thing-in-itself, no I and You in the flux; these are phantasms that emerge from poor eyesight. This blows up the concept of the Christian "soul" which the concept of afterlife relies on.

How's PHIL101 treatin' you?
>>
>>679757
Being basic doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>679174
>>679129
>We're all phantasms in the nothingness
>We're all nothings in the nothingness
>Nothing nothings in the nothing nothingness

I don't know, guy. I need to take a wicked spicy shit right now. It sure feels like *something* is tryna rip my ass in half.

I refute thee thus.
>>
>>679766
It does make it pretty trite though, doesn't it? You just wait, when the guy gets to PHIL201 he'll be saying some new flavour-of-the-month shit.
>>
>>679793
What the fuck are you even going on about? Flavor of the month? It's essentially a regurgitation of Nietzsche. Nietzsche has a strong hold on philosophical discussion in the 21st century and influenced thousands of individuals in the 20th century. Are you so shallow that you think that this was just an accident?

I am that guy you quoted, by the way.
>>
>>679815
Calm down, man. I meant flavour of the month to *that* guy. I know that the position itself is old.
>Nietzsche has a strong hold on philosophical discussion in the 21st century
kek
Seriously though,
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.