[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post good people that were on the bad side pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Rommel.jpg (16KB, 300x406px) Image search: [Google]
Rommel.jpg
16KB, 300x406px
ITT: We post good people that were on the bad side

pic related
>>
there were no good sides in WW2, they were all shit except maybe a few bumfuck partisans around the place
>>
>>675940
>Rommel
>good person.

Meme harder. Sure, he was involved in the July plot, but that's after riding Hitler's coat tails for years; shooting Nazi propaganda films, volunteering to head his bodyguards when on international trips, appealing to the Fuhrer to override his Heer superiors when guys like Halder told him he had dumb ideas. The guy was hardly a political innocent.
>>
File: MacArthur_Manila.jpg (71KB, 340x572px) Image search: [Google]
MacArthur_Manila.jpg
71KB, 340x572px
>>
>>675984
That's a bad person that was on the good side.
>>
>>675943
But some where better than others. Some didnt try to exterminate entire nations.
>>
>>675993
Montgomery qualifies for that spot too
>>
>>676006
zthe lesser of two evils is still evil, and a nation's just an imaginary line
the kids that died in Dresden and Hiroshima probably wouldn't take it as much consolation that their nation wasn't being exterminated
also you can make the argument of the Holodomor, that the allies condoned what some believe to be the planned extermination of Ukrainians, Cossacks and others
>>
>>676014
also just adding onto that, Winstin Churchill's role in the Bengal famine
>>
>>676014
I wouldnt call the US, UK and Canada evil, they liberated France/Holland/Netherlands/Denmark/Austria/Italy/Parts of Czechoslovakia from Germans who were actively oppressing the civilian population, but of course there were inhumane incidents.

Holodonor happened before the Allies were the Allies, but they condoned shady shit like selling Poland out to the Soviets.
>>
>>675940
>Le nice nazi man Rommeldidnothingwrong meme

He was fighting in fucking Northern Africa, of course he wasn't rounding up jews. Still a part of the Third Reich whether you like it or not.
>>
>>676035
>I wouldnt call the US, UK and Canada evil, they liberated France/Holland/Netherlands/Denmark/Austria/Italy/Parts of Czechoslovakia from Germans who were actively oppressing the civilian population, but of course there were inhumane incidents.
What did they replace it with though? That's the most important part and the part that makes it a real liberation.
>Holodonor happened before the Allies were the Allies
that's even worse, because if it was happening at the time they would have had the excuse to not trust reports
>>
>using 'good side' and 'bad side' unironically

How's high school treating you?
>>
>>676053
>What did they replace it with though? That's the most important part and the part that makes it a real liberation.
You got me there m8, the way europe looks now it makes me wonder if it was worth it

>that's even worse, because if it was happening at the time they would have had the excuse to not trust reports
the western allies still wouldnt have done anything about it. They didnt want to piss off Russia until the end of the war, they let the vatniks get away with so much shit
>>
File: William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg (908KB, 2364x3000px) Image search: [Google]
William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg
908KB, 2364x3000px
>>675940
He did what he had to do.
>>
>>676044
I do like it

4th Riech when?
>>
>>676053
>What did they replace it with though?
democratically elected governments
>>
>>675940
>>
Admiral Wilhelm Canaris was way better then fucking Rommel. Canaris, actively encouraged his spies to work against the Nazis. One word to them otherwise and all the Spies the British figured were easily duped would have turned fucking hardcore.

>"I die for my fatherland. I have a clear conscience. I only did my duty to my country when I tried to oppose the criminal folly of Hitler." -upon receiving his death sentence from the People's Court

>"Badly mishandled. Nose broken at last interrogation. My time is up. Was not a traitor. Did my duty as a German. If you survive, please tell my wife..."- Final message to Colonel Landing, in the cell next to his.

;_;7
>>
>>
>bad side

Lmao you western cucks and your propaganda shit
>>
>>676035
>Selling out Poland to the Soviets

Selling out Poland was better than WW3, Stalin was never going to back down because his focus was on security and Poland was the most important nation concerning that security.
>>
>>676549
>dindu nuffins
>>
>>676415
Not really
>>
>>676555
>Selling out Poland was better than WW3
Selling out Poland was also better than WW2, Hitler was never going to back down because his focus was on security (and getting rid of the Versailles treaty) and Poland was the most important nation concerning that.

But the allies still jumped that shark. Why? WWI was not that long a go either.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.