[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were there no Waffen SS units deployed in Stalingrad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1589016890.jpg (75KB, 720x492px) Image search: [Google]
1589016890.jpg
75KB, 720x492px
Why were there no Waffen SS units deployed in Stalingrad?
>>
>>675226
Hitler VASTLY underestimated the power and cunning of the red army.

The seige of leningrad was relatively easy for the Nazis, so i supposed that they assumed that things would be as easy further East. At the time, the Nazis were still fighting on the western front and locking down their position in the west. The 6th army was joined with the italians and the hungarians (kek) after the russian counter offensive,

The soviet counter offensive saw over a million men and almost twice the ammount of tanks as the germans. The red army was better organized than the 6th army and its merry band of allies, so after many painstaking days, the russians flattened the germans and cut them off from germany.
>>
The only way Hitler could have won was if he very quickly knocked out the USSR in an Alexander the Great type way. As soon as he failed, even by Autumn 1941, it was over.
>>
They were too busy commiting war crimes elsewhere
>>
People shouldn't be too hard on Hitler.

He was a WW1 vet, and knew full well the stories of the German Empire absolutely wrecking Russian Imperial troops even as both infantrymen were basically the same as far as equipment and more or less in training.

He thought he could do it again, especially after the USSR dragging itself out of civil war and causing mass hunger on its own citizens.

Matter of fact, I still find it hard to believe the USSR won at all. Well played, Stalin.
>>
>>675350
yeah man fuggen nazbees :DD
>>
>>675358
>dindu nuffins
>>
>>675368
>diddu everythins
>>
>>675372
A for effort naziboo
>>
File: 1447123094027.png (748KB, 1080x880px) Image search: [Google]
1447123094027.png
748KB, 1080x880px
>>675395
>post irrelevant, butthurt-about-nazis response
>get made fun of
>f-fucking naziboo!
>>
>>675404
i mean the nazis were pretty bad
>>
>>675421
But your post had nothing to do with the OP and only exposed your own, personal butthurt.
>>
>>675404
I dunno m8, only a Naziboo would get butthurt over SS warcrime jokes.
>>
File: 1109890619.jpg (96KB, 720x616px) Image search: [Google]
1109890619.jpg
96KB, 720x616px
>>675404
>>675372
>>675358
>>
>>675434
Your picture raises the answer to OP's question. The Wehrmacht actually sought to take Stalingrad, and so left the Waffen SS to their core duties: jew hunting.
>>
>>675356
Yes, but in WW1 the Russians were much less industrialized and dealing with tons of political instability. I don't think its surprising at all that they managed to win considering they weren't fighting on 2 fronts like the Germans. Also, Hitler's overconfidence probably had something to do with being surrounded by yes-men.
>>
>>675434
I feel like Wehraboo and Extreme Wehraboo should be switched
>>
>>675226
In 1942 there were only seven Waffen-SS divisions: Liebenstandarte Adolf Hitler was fighting in Rostov-On-Don, and pulling that out would have collapse the southern flank.

Das Reich was being refitted to be a Panzer-Grenadier division in France.

Totenkopf had spent the winter caught behind enemy lines, and was 80% understrength when it broke out in April. It was sent to France to basically be reformed as a division.

4th Division Polezei was stuck in Leningrad.

Wiking was also fighting in Rostov-On-Don.

Nord, as the name implied, was at the ends of the earth fighting in Karelia.

Prinz Eugen was made up of recruits from Croatia, Hungary, and Serbia, and was put to the best use it could, fighting partisans in Yugoslavia.

So the only Waffen SS units that could have theoretically been deployed to Stalingrad were the 1st division, and Wiking, and they just happened to be assigned to the Caucasus part of the offensive.
>>
>>675519

>2016
>People still not comprehending that there were three arms of the SS

Jew Hunting was activity of the Allgemeine-SS. The General administraition ofthe SS, they formed einsatzgruppen squads and did the built of the work with all the security networks they built or were co-opted from recently conquered counties

Jew Camping was the activity of the Totenkopfbande-SS

Fighting was left to the top tiers of the Waffen-SS with their backwash foregin volunteer divisions co-opted to do Jew hunting by the Allgemeine-SS.
>>
>>675687

fuck typing on phones btw
>>
>>675356
Plus Hitler hadn't reckoned with the might if the US war machine that could provide arms and more importantly supplies and monetary assistance to the Russians.
>>
My grandpas cousin was fighting in Stalingrad. He got injured and was lucky enough to get evacuated by air.
He dies few years ago, his comrades from Wehrmacht carried the coffin, poured a bit of dirt from Stalingrad on the coffin and did nazi salutes. It put the fun into funeral.
>>
>>676803
>shit that never happened
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.