[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/, Who are the true heirs to the Roman Empire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: SPQR.jpg (3KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
SPQR.jpg
3KB, 290x174px
/his/, Who are the true heirs to the Roman Empire?
>>
Western Roman Empire => Holy Roman Empire => Empire of Austria
Eastern Roman Empire => Imperial Russia => Finland
>>
Rome==>Byzantines==>Turks

Rome fell in the 1920s, never forget.
>>
>>673951
There are no more heirs Roman values became memetic more then one nation can uphold values of rome
>>
...We've been over this again and again and again.

The Roman Empire was utterly destroyed during the Fourth Crusade.

The barbarians won. It's over.
>>
>>673991
I wish I could argue.
>>
>>673951
>Implying a massive empire that spanned several centuries, many dynasties, dozens of nations, countless religions, at least 2 successor states that each lasted a thousand years, multiple different government systems and is the foundation of modern society could have a single successor state.
>>
>>673973
WE
>>
>>673951
finland or turkey
>>
>>674110
WUZ
>>
What would be a new title for Finland?

"Ebin Roman Empire"?
>>
>>674118
RUMS
>>
>>673951
Greece.
>>
>>673951
No one
>>
File: 3466456546456.jpg (12KB, 197x246px) Image search: [Google]
3466456546456.jpg
12KB, 197x246px
>>673951
>Western Roman Empire => Holy Roman Empire
>Habslels having any claim to Rome
>>
Venice. Since Venice is gone, no one.
>>
>>674164
They have claims to both halves.
As Holy Roman Emperors, to the Western half.
Also, the Catholic Monarchs bought the title of Emperor of Byzantium from the last heir. They were grandparents of the Habsburgs.

But then, you could argue that the Spanish Bourbons are the real heirs of Charles V.
>>
>>674200
The Habsburgs have no claim to anything. Napoleon and Bismarck saw to that.
>>
File: romanian_flag1.jpg (18KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
romanian_flag1.jpg
18KB, 1600x1200px
plebs
>>
>>673951
rome is dead, its never coming back
the worst reality, beyond the devil overcoming god has been fact since the fall of throne of constantinople.
No one inherited it
no one will bring it back
>>
>>674338
>literally created from Ottoman puppets

Please stop
>>
Finland
>>
File: bokassa.jpg (27KB, 448x306px) Image search: [Google]
bokassa.jpg
27KB, 448x306px
>Western Roman Empire>Easter Roman Empire>Holy Roman Empire>First French Empire> Central African Empire

this is the only answer
>>
File: Flag_of_Canada.png (18KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.png
18KB, 1280x640px
>>
File: image.jpg (335KB, 1600x1954px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335KB, 1600x1954px
>>
>>673951
Rome died with the Byzantines. She has no heirs.
>>
>>674408
This
;_;7 rip roman empire
>>
>>674382
If we're go with bloodlines, then after Russia it was the UK as those monarchs weren't deposed and are still blood related. However, after the U.S.A. declared independence and adopted a similar system to the Roman Republic, you could say if the US went imperial they'd have a claim too.

I just hope I live to see the Martian colonists secede from the United Empire as the true "Sons of Mars", then take over the solar system.
>>
>>674589
Roman Republic =/= Roman Empire
>>
File: 1454307039414.gif (348KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454307039414.gif
348KB, 400x300px
USA baby Wooooooooooo
>>
>>673951
Objectively Spain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_titles_and_honours_of_the_Spanish_Crown
>>
Brits
Then burgers
>>
>>673951
France. They're the only ones to have a military/cultural history that matches Rome. All the other claimers fall flat in those regards.
>>
Catholic Church
>>
>>673951
Obviously Romania since we're the only true Latin people still alive.
>>
>>676026
>The christ-god and his worshippers lay claim to Rome's glorious legacy

Romulus and Caesar Augustus weep in the afterlife.
>>
Memes
>>
>>676047
Romans were christian longer than they were pagan.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.