[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Germans hate Jews? Where did it start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why do Germans hate Jews?

Where did it start?
>>
Germans don't hate Jews.
>>
>>673191
Martin Luther did, and many other Germans
>>
>>673185
>does everyone

Ftfy
>>
>>673192
Most Christians did back then. Luther hated them especially because he identified with them as fellow victims of the Catholic Church, but once his conception of Christianity became state approved, he saw them as nothing more than dissidents.
>>
>>673185
Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>673204

Don't forget that his brand of Christianity put a much more prominent role in the Old Testament than contemporary Catholicism did. When the Jewish communities of the various German princedoms rejected it anyway and said that he wasn't understanding it, he got pissed.
>>
>>673215
>Don't forget that his brand of Christianity put a much more prominent role in the Old Testament than contemporary Catholicism did
Maybe in the sense of permitting multiple wives and divorce, but otherwise I wouldn't say so.
>>
>>673185
everyone disliked jews more or less. They were seen as secretive insular group that would migrate into christian lands. They had a reputation for being cheap moneylenders who would screw over a gentile for a dime. Rabbinic Judaism was much different than Second Temple Judaism of Jesus's time or today's Reform Judaism. It focused on exclusivity to the point where non-jews were seen as barely human.
>>
>>673241
cont.

read up on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haskalah
>>
>>673241
usury was banned by the Church I believe and they practiced it quite a bit regardless probably another reason
>>
>>673185
A lot of Christians do because they blaspheme against Christ and Mary in the Talmud.

They call Mary a whore, and they say Jesus got his powers from demons
>>
>>673277
yep, to make matters worse. Jews were only allowed to charge interest to gentiles, as committing usury against fellow jews was a sin. So if jewish merchants accumulated wealth within a town, it's not hard to see why local peasants would despise them.
>>
>>673194
/thread
>>
>>673194
The Muslims got along fine.
>>
>>673210
t. Anonymous Merchant
>>
>>673382
Muslims are probably the most antisemitic group of people on Earth, besides /pol/.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.