[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World War 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1425688355208.jpg (372KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1425688355208.jpg
372KB, 854x859px
Fellow /his/torians, what do you think of the possibility of a third world war in our lifetimes?
What kind of impacts would it have, who would it be fought by, possible catalysts, etc.

I for one am greatly intrigued by piecing together world history to sort of a "big picture" way of viewing. That by divining and recording the past, we can determine the future by tracking the path of human development.

I can't help but feel this would be a war centered around the U.S.A as that is the prominent superpower on the planet and has been for quite some time. I worry that like our forefathers in the days before ww1 that had no idea that a massive conflict was right around the corner and I can't help but feel a bit apprehensive reading about the history of mankind and knowing that these conflicts can occur at a moments notice because of the choices of a single individual.

So anyway /his/, what are the odds of ww3 happening in the next 2-3 decades? Are we living in a time of great change that will shape the future or merely going through a phase of stagnation?
>>
>>670446
>I can't help but feel this would be a war centered around the U.S.A
>implying it wouldn't end in nukes long before any major force got close to american soil

maybe in 20-30 years when the rest of the world has caught up to the American militaries airlift capability
>>
We really need another World War.

It'll spell the end for Russia as we know it, and hopefully the United States and China can finally divvy up that sweet, sweet Siberian land with all its timber and mineral wealth. I'm willing to bet we'll get another space race out of it, too.
>>
>>670465
But what if something is developed that renders nukes useless? I'm not even talking about some super secret future weapon or shield I mean just espionage and sabotage which likely isnt very hard in current day US of A. I mean if you caused just the right amount of social unrest in the US it would have huge reverberations across the globe, you don't even have to directly fight America anymore just engage it in proxy wars and force them to waste billions on some sandniggers wearing jordans in the desert.

If America was weakened beforehand via EMP/Food chain disruptions/Economic collapse/civil unrest wouldn't that vastly change the current dynamic?
>>
>>670482
on the very remote chance that there will be anything to divvy up after all the nuclear fallout

>implying it won't be Russia and China divvying up the rest of NATO
>>
>>670488
grasping at straws and writing fan fiction desu.

what if these emp and other bullshtis hit Russia instead? Whats the point in speculating fantasy and ignoring reality?

>espionage can knock out the entire nuclear capabilities of either Russia or the US

Better have James Bond on the job because I doubt that shit is realistic.
>>
>>670491

Russia is currently one step above paper tiger, and China, while it certainly doesn't lack for troops or outdated equipment, has nothing close to the force projection of the US.
>>
>>670501
> has nothing close to the force projection of the US
working hard on catching up

>Russia is currently one step above paper tiger
why?
>>
File: World War 3.png (62KB, 1347x644px) Image search: [Google]
World War 3.png
62KB, 1347x644px
>>670446
Blue - NATO and allies
Red - SCO, CIS, and allies
Yellow- iffy

Whoever stays out of the war will end up a superpower.
>>
>>670509

They may be working to catch up, but if war breaks out in a few years, they won't be able to just pull eleven aircraft carriers and a few dozen submarines out of their asses.

As for Russia, their economy is currently circling the drain, and they have a similar force projection deficiency along with a much smaller air force and navy.
>>
>>670513

I can see China stabbing Russia in the back at some point early in the war.
>>
>>670500
Not true, US corporations sell weapon blueprints and military secrets quite forthcomingly just ask the israeli's and chinese. And I never once said that Russia or China was immune to EMP etc, personally I'm quite certain a global conflict between superpowers would be utterly disastrous but that it would decimate everyone involved.

I figure with all this one world government shit being thrown in our faces everywhere, the best way to institute one would be to interconnect all existing systems and then centralize them(Exactly what is being done now) and if/when resistance to such an idea occurs, one can completely manipulate food supplies/water supplies/shelter to compel dissidents to acquiesce to whatever demands may be installed.

Trying to predict the future is kind of like writing fan fiction I suppose, but in that case we are both equally guilty.
>>
>>670513
Why does everyone think Cuba would side with Russia

They are not so suicidal, and their trade depends entirely on the United States even with the embargo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.