[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Following the same logic that the >Holy >Roman >Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 300px-Wappen_röm.kaiser.jpg (39KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Wappen_röm.kaiser.jpg
39KB, 300x254px
Following the same logic that the
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
Wasn't a true empire could the same thing be said about the Mongolians empire. It seemed to lack centralized power for most of its history
>>
Atleast it had some power over it's subjects.
>>
>>669505
But each khanates held there own district and had there own laws. Literally the same as the HRE
>>
>>669501
Empire is just the vague translation of the German 'Reich', which can be translated both as "realm" or "empire". It for sure lastet a couple of centuries longer than the Mongol empire, though.
>>
>>669519
So you are saying the by definition HRE wasn't an empire but a reich. So what exactly is the difference between reich and empire? And do you consider the Mongolians to be a legitimate empire?
>>
>Following the same logic that the
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire
>Wasn't a true empire
Following that logic, the Roman Empire wasn't an Empire when it was deteriorating, because it went through periods of huge decentralization and centralization in its governance.

In the High Middle Ages, the HRE absolutely WAS an Empire. Emperor's had power and ambition and conquered and consolidated much of the Empire's territory at that point. It's in the Late Middle Ages and Early Modern period, AKA most of its lifespan, that the HRE was a farcical joke, and it was in the Early Modern period when Voltaire spoke the meme.
>>
>>669501
I'd say that the Mongols were at least the same ethnicity and thought of themselves as such with little (if any) fighting between the Khanates. The HRE clusterfuck on the other hand...
>>
>>670785
uh is this a joke
the mongols spanned over many ethnicities and warred over succession, why do you think it split up and lasted about a century?
>>
>>669501
>Mongolians empire

3 rulers with absolute power:

Genghis
Ögedei
Mönghke

Yes they had the power over all 4 khanates.
>>
>>669540
Riech is a more nebulous term. It would be closer to nation. Empire is a more defined term.

Mongols were more of a protection racket than an Empire although it was the biggest the world has ever seen.

Basically if you want to call yourself an Empire and you are big enough that nobody argues with you then you can call yourself an Empire or whatever else you want.
>>
File: 1443995466165.gif (3MB, 367x206px) Image search: [Google]
1443995466165.gif
3MB, 367x206px
>>670785
>I'd say that the Mongols were at least the same ethnicity
Are you talking about Mongols as "people living in the Mongol empire"?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.