[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

were women just disgusting back then or what? were they all fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: helen-of-troy.jpg (107KB, 504x570px) Image search: [Google]
helen-of-troy.jpg
107KB, 504x570px
were women just disgusting back then or what? were they all fat , hairy, and smelly?
>>
>>667605
Most of them are like that even today
>>
sort of, but it gets greatly exaggerated
there definitely at least existed beautiful women who bathed regularly
>>
Neo-paganism is good if you want a beta male equivalent of a harem following and worshipping you. Emphasis in neo.
>>
>>667605
When.

Where.

Fuck off frog poster, go back to your toad hole.
>>
>>667627
Don't mind my post, it was not meant for this thread. I fuck up, just like mom did 22 years ago.
>>
>>667611
only in America, Britbongistan and some pacific island nations.
>>
Yes. That's why in most of the civilised world, you married at 20, your wife was ugly at 22 and you where dead by 30.
Women have gotten prettier only because society has given them the time to. Less stress, less malnutrition etc.
>>
>>667711
>you married at 20
more like 13
>>
>>667733
>13
Late starter, berry picker as fuck
>>
>fat
only the rich
>hairy
this is a modern meme, like 10th century japanese finding white teeth unattractive
>smelly
in urban areas everything would smell like sewage, rural peasants would spend all day exposed to the elements, they would smell but not stink, unless you're one of those people who wretches at smell of compost
>>
>>667711
>>667733

Both wrong. In Europe from medieval times to the early modern most people married in their mid to late twenties. The main reason being that they didn't have enough money to support a family until they were older. The exception was typically the very rich for who marriage was an important political and business venture, the age being less important than the ramifications of the union.
>>
>>667776
Slightly incorrect, up until the 1700s most people didnt even bother with the contemporary notion of marriage, generally local traditions superseded what the gentry considered of marriage. Also low life expectancy forces you to start having kids when you're young, if you dont expect to live past 35 you're going to want to get in early to ensure that your children stand a chance of surviving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasadh#Historic_Lughnasadh_customs
>>
>>667830
35 includes child mortality.

The North Western tradition is late and delayed marriage due to property access. The Southern and Eastern tradition is young marriage to force property access.
>>
>>667711
>and you where dead by 30.
Why are people so retarded?
>>
>>667605
>were women just disgusting back then or what

Eh depends on what you find disgusting

>were they all fat

no they wherent

>hairy

most likely unless good genes but then again if you where born then hair wouldent be disgusting to you

> smelly?

depends on what time and society/social standing we are talking about
but its more like everyone was smelly so no
>>
>>667629
literally what ? I posted a painting of helen of troy the supposed most beautiful girl to exist
>>
>>667776
The marriage age of the early twenties was much more usual in western europe than in eastern europe, where the couples were usually younger.
No sources, but trust me, i'm from the internet
>>
>>667971
a society's concept of what is beautiful changes pretty much constantly
so people weren't uglier, different things were beautiful.
probably.
>>
>>667605
>back then
Oh anon
>>
>>667605
Nigga you're an idiot.

Girls that were "fat" as you say were idealized back then because, back when obtaining your food was a pretty fucking serious daily task in the lives of most humans, having some weight on you was an indication that you were well fed, healthy, and well off in life. In fact, this was considered the case for most of human history.

It's really a fairly new phenomenon that so many people condemn any weight on the body that isn't toned muscle whatsoever, and it's probably due to widespread obesity we now have. But it's also due to unrefined taste. "Fat" girls are more attractive than sticks and muscular pseudo-men.
>>
>>669992
No but I just love when people apply modern conventions to the past, I love it so fucking much in fact
>>
>>669992
>fat

T H I C K
>>
>>667605
Beauty standards change with time most paintings were of rich people who payed for them so if the standard of beauty was pale and chubby then what would you know there are a lot more pale chubby pain't Inga of woman than burnt sticks
>>
>>670027
Thick a best.
>>
>>669999
checked
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.