[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most tolerant religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: muslim2.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
muslim2.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
What is the most tolerant religion?
>>
>>653751
Islam, but I'll kill you if you tell anyone.
>>
>>653751

Non-Universal ones.
>>
That image makes no fucking sense.
>>
Please define "tolerant". Social behaviour or religious customs?
>>
>>653751
Taoism.
>>
>>653751
East should be more like this considering the amount of rape going on over there
>>
>>653766

"live and let live"
>>
Agnosticism.
>>
>>653751
The point is that Muslim women have their minds liberated? While the western have only their bodies free. I have no idea, that image is shit.

Also, relating to OP, religion is by its nature restrictive, you should be looking for a philosophy that promotes freedom, however, Tao would be a decent answer although it's not exactly a religion in the way it is perceived by occidentals.

Matter of fact, Christianity is the most free religion, look at its effects, the western world has went through changes that gave is an unprecedented liberty to act and think.
>>
>>653751
Orthodox Christianity, in the sense that it will endure the longest.
>>
>>653788
It's not to do with their women. That isn't a burqua. It's more so referring to war in the middle east. It's suggesting that arab men are directly exposed to the war since it's in their home country and are taking up the fight against the west, hence the balaclava. Where as the western men remain ignorant of what occurs in that part of the world allowing their government and military to fight for them.

You are correct in it being shit though.
>>
>>653805
Though on second glace it might actually be a burqa and i'm retarded.
>>
Roman paganism
>>
>>653811
Care to explain your answer?
>>
Is there even a greater symbol of tolerance than the yin yang? Are other religions even trying?
>>
>>653812
Not him but they used to import and adopt gods like Magna Terra, Mithras, Isis etc without complication.
>>
>>653761

Western women are blind to the truth: they are mistakes made by a perfect god that must be altered by man to be made acceptable to said god.

>muh kalam
>>
Yeah the image makes perfect sense...
>>
>>653805
>and are taking up the fight against the west
What are you even talking about?
Even during the Iraq War The Iraqis viewed the American Troops as a secondary enemy compared to Each Other
>>
>>653812
Caesar goes in foreign land of the Gauls, sees depictions of deities, claims they're his own, such as Mercury. Read his books.

How do you even wage religious warfare with such a mentality? That we worship the same gods.

Pax Deorum = all gods of all the ancestral cultures within the Empire have to be worshipped properly, proceed to import them as protector to the Empire.
>>
>>653830
Ignoring the fact that my interpretation is completely inaccurate, the image is clearly made by an anti-westerner. From the perspective of an anti-western islamic state soldier or supporter, the war is largely a fight against western power and influence. That is what i'm talking about, it's propaganda.
>>
>>653836
We live in a decadent culture, there is nothing 'anti-westerner' about it.
>>
>>653841
anti

preposition
opposed to; against.
>>
>>653751
Jainism.
>>
Wow. Nobody said buddhism yet?
>>
>>653849
Decadence is a state of society. If you enjoy the decadence, then enjoy it. Many enjoyed the gay sex and orgies of Greek culture.
>>
>>653857

You know there have been Buddhist killing people in Sri Lanka, ya? Granted, almost all the major Buddhist leaders (including the Dalai Lama) came out and denounced these actions and begged them to stop... but even Buddhist have acted violently; recently and in the past. Know your history.

This>>653852 is one of, if not the most peaceful religion to have ever existed. It's an offshoot of Buddhism. The Jains felt the Buddha didn't go far enough.
>>
>>653857
Intolerance of dukkha.
>>
>>653852
Intolerance of violence.
>>
Sikhs
>>
File: 1452965281781.jpg (204KB, 760x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1452965281781.jpg
204KB, 760x1024px
1. sikh than judaism
>>
File: 19SIKHWW2210.jpg (183KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
19SIKHWW2210.jpg
183KB, 1500x1000px
>>653882
>>653885

wot
>>
>>653819
>>653833
So they were imitiating Hittite strategy?
>>
Sikhs are bro tier
But bros arn't cowards
>>
>>653865

Of course there are violent buddhists. But as far as I know, we don't see buddhists leaders starting holy wars.

Buddhism as a "institution" is really tolerant. More than christianism.
>>
>>653770
Wtf. Taoism is basically Chinese paganism...

Buddhism or Jainism it should be
>>
>>653970
Ikko ikki rebellions in Japan. Buddhist monks led a war of rebellion.
>>
>>653751
>dicotomies and reverse negative space the image

everyone is equally blinded by their dogma
everyone is also covered by it

the main difference between east and west is geography that pretty much it.
>>
>>653970
>I know nothing of History.
The buddhist monasteries waged war to control they territories, the Japanese sects meddled a lot and waged war, that's one of the reasons Nobunage wrecked them etc.
>>
islam
>>
File: 1445007542267.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445007542267.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>653899
>self defense is the same as intolerance
>>
Sufism

at least some of them, since there are thousands of branchs of it
>>
>>653751
I dont understand this pic.
Are women in west required by law to wear blindfold?
>>
File: 1444486720110.jpg (33KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
1444486720110.jpg
33KB, 317x450px
>>653970
>>654127

those may be examples of Buddhist groups going astray but in terms of actually examining the teachings of the different religions and what the founder of the religion said, Buddhism and the teachings laid out by Buddha are the most tolerant in terms of explicitly advising tolerance and denouncing intolerance.

Regardless of how it has sometimes been practiced by groups in its long history there is no religion that has a greater emphasis on tolerance in its teachings then in Buddhism.
>>
>>654521
and they're all going to hell.
>>
tao de ching
>>
>>653751
Probably some hermit meditating out in the woods.
Never told anyone what to do or what to believe.
The most tolerant peaceful dude.
>>
>>653761
I think it symbolizes how the muslim world (supposed antithesis to the west- compare east to west) is aware of its dogms and accepts them however good or bad they may be because that is how the world works to them. Meanwhile the west (although we have few religious dogms today we certainly have highly influencial sociopolitical ones today- see liberalism, multiculturalism, etc) is unaware that we are owned by our dogms and refuses to accept that we don't have as much choice as we think we do.
>>
>>653819
> Isis
Hold on, there's a fucking GOD wrecking havoc in Europe?
>>
>>653852
Jainism is sort of self destructive on paper though. I realize that the rules aren't as harsh for Jains who are laymen, but the principles I would say are more about restriction and virtue rather than tolerance. For me Buddhism speaks more logically of tolerance.
>>
>>654127
That is a looong time ago though, the circumstances were completely different back then. Still not as bad as crimes committed by other world religions as entities if we are stretching far back into the past. We are comparing religions as if they were lined up under glass domes (is there a better phrase for this analogy?).
>>
>>653970
>>653865
Sri Lanka conflict can be seen as a "holy war" or more accurately an ethnic war. Same is true for Burma. Ethnic tension is the reason. If they hated other religions, then they'd be on a crusade. But its more a terrorist in Sri Lanka + muslim entitled rapists in Burma.
>>
>>653751
Abrahamic religions are- in essence- intolerant. No exceptions.

Your whole fucking belief rests on this: there's one god. There's no others besides that one.
>>
>>653971
>Wtf. Taoism is basically Chinese paganism...
>Taoism is basically Chinese paganism
what the fug are you talking about senpai
>>
>>654786
Amen. But there are 3 different "Abrahamic" religions bro, and they are very different.

Christianity is very tolerant at the base level of its teachings but when white people get involved go figure something goes wrong
>>
>>654521
why do whites invent terms to describe notions they don't even know about
>>
>>653780
"Let live" to what extent?

My answer is Jains. They're so tolerant, they'd turn a blind eye to rape and murder.
>>
>>654849
So you're saying Europeans are Jains?
>>
>>653751
Tolerance is not, and never was, the attribute of any religion.

This is not bad; it is the nature of faith to assume that is right.

As two contradictory positions can not be simultaneously correct, necessarily one of it (and here comes the figure of the infidel and the heretic) is wrong.

Tolerance is a refinement of civilization.

You live with those levied in error, respect this error, and the opinions that surround it, because it is simply not yours. Not up to you to fix it, by any means.
>>
>>653771
From the thumbnail I thought that was a Gondola.
>>
File: 1454669775317.jpg (21KB, 365x431px) Image search: [Google]
1454669775317.jpg
21KB, 365x431px
>>655510
>>
>>655510
>>655542
ok can someone tell me what kind of disturbing shit this meme is?
its like twilight zone spurdo
>>
>>655605
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gondola
>>
>>655613
well that was depressing
>>
>>654707
So muslim states are aware their culture their culture is certifiably raped of all freedom (their women at least) yet the west is "blind" to the fact our democracy doesn't give us absolute, unconditional freedom when we do in fact, have most freedoms? Get out, that image is idiotic, it's pejorative to the west in that we're somehow a "blind" culture, when it's the totalitarianism of the Muslim world that is assbackwards
>>
>>653783
Thats not a religion, its the declaration that you dont know.
>>
>>654535
>Implying christianity is the true religion.
>>
File: 1360941272377.jpg (55KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1360941272377.jpg
55KB, 348x383px
>>655542
Fucking hell this is too much
>>
>>653751
>Fucking 2016
>Faith on religions
>>
>>653751
Tengriism.
>>
>>653865
Even the chill as fuck Buddhists know better when it comes to the Mohammedan, wow.
>>
>>653751
Sikhism.
>>
>>653751
Tolerant towards actions, tolerant towards thoughts or tolerant towards everything?
>>
>>657062
So tolerant that they converted to Islam after massacring hundreds of thousands of muslims.
>>
>>653796
Orthodox Christianity is the smallest branch of Christianity and has been consistently BTFO'd by everyone at all times throughout history.
>>
Capitalism
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.