[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

File: Romanov_Flag.svg.png (4KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Romanov_Flag.svg.png
4KB, 1000x667px
What went wrong?
>>
Honestly what ever went right there? Not a whole lot actually. I guess they beat up Sweden and wrote a neat book or two.
>>
Ridiculously pretty flag.
>>
that one fucking Polish scumbag who assassinated the Top Tsar
>>
>>648993
Killing of Stolipin is when all went sideways.
>>
>>648993
I'd guess in 18th century things went kinda wrong (autocratic reforms of Peter) and didn't get better until Romanovs were dealt with. Ironically, enough, at the same time the Romanov's dynasty proper has actually ended. The one that ruled after 1762 was technically Holstein-Gottorp.

>>649077
Just because the rise of Western Europe did not coincide with the rise of Russia, history does not rewritten. Russia had it's own ups and downs.
>>
>>649722
> history does not get rewritten
>>
>>648993
Republicans in the form of Commies.
>>
;_;
>>
File: 1454164671992.jpg (181KB, 417x602px) Image search: [Google]
1454164671992.jpg
181KB, 417x602px
>>650530
ETERNAL ANGLO
T
E
R
N
A
L

A
N
G
L
O
>>
>>650539
It was Nicolas though.

Well either way he looks the same as George V.
>>
File: p01qts7p.jpg (82KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
p01qts7p.jpg
82KB, 976x549px
>>650539
>>650550
>>
>>649267
Word.
>>
File: European Kingdoms Flags.png (2MB, 2756x1824px) Image search: [Google]
European Kingdoms Flags.png
2MB, 2756x1824px
>>648993
Republicanism. Not even once.
>>
File: Alexander_I.jpg (330KB, 1052x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_I.jpg
330KB, 1052x1480px
>>649722
>and didn't get better until Romanovs were dealt with
What do you mean? The Romanov era was the greatest era of Russian history, all the greatest literature, architecture, expansion, military victories, etc are from this era. It was the golden age of Russia if you ask me.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong, was life in Russia better before the Romanovs?
>>
>>648993
Decadent western revolutionary influence ruined the Autocratic Orthodox paradise that was the Russian Empire
>>
>>650893
> The Romanov era was the greatest era of Russian history
Please. That was USSR. The Empire was pretty only if you looked at nobility. Though, that was true for all nations. It's not like morbid living conditions of English people in 19th century were somehow made better due to scientific progress or conquests overseas.

> I don't know maybe I'm wrong, was life in Russia better before the Romanovs?
Romanov dynasty existed for one and a half century before 1762.
>>
>>650847
is this supposed to be last/current monarch of these countries?
>>
>>650950
>Please. That was USSR.
Again, let me repeat myself, the literature, military victories, conquests, architecture and science was at it's peak in the Romanov era, we're not talking about "pretty" here.

The USSR comes second, even though it was culturally inferior to Romanov Russia it did have some scientific achievements(first man in space, etc.) and it was one of the two superpowers of the era.
>>
File: average wedding in ussr.jpg (58KB, 488x604px) Image search: [Google]
average wedding in ussr.jpg
58KB, 488x604px
>>650974
>USSR
>superpower
>>
File: 1390572286272.jpg (64KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1390572286272.jpg
64KB, 600x449px
>>650847
I don't get pic rel, it tingles so many assburgers at once.

If it's supposed to show last reigning monarchs...

Why show Charles Emperor of Austria for Hungary, if he was rather member of Austria-led Empire? Wasn't Czech part of it too? And not show Nicholas II (or Alexander III/Nicholas I) for Poland, as he was technically last rule of the Kingdom of Poland?

Why isn't Napoleon III shown for France? You have Elisabeth II for GB so you rather not care about legitimism. AND you have Bernadotte for Sweden, Napoleonic betrayer.
There was a splinted Kingdom of Croatia under Italian-puppet Tomislav II, but I guess you wanted to avoid balkanisation like with King of Low Countries? Then not show last ruler of United Seven Provinces?
No Albania? Too kebab I guess. Wouldn't Turkish and Moorish monarchy technically counts as European :DDD?

>>648993
German takeover over originally genuine Russian dynasty born within time of troubles
(I still think Demetrius or even Godunovs would be better)
Nicholas II was one of most pathetic kings in their history, I mean he lost to fucking japs. Only other European power to lose to non-Europeans were Italians to Ethiopians XD
>>
File: Gdansk_Pilsudski_monument.jpg (2MB, 2429x3243px) Image search: [Google]
Gdansk_Pilsudski_monument.jpg
2MB, 2429x3243px
>>651007
*ruler of Austria-led Empire

*last ruler

*then why not show

As for Nicholas II, skurwesyn dobrze że zdechł XD
>>
>>648993
Germans unleashed the kalmyk anti-christ upon Russia.

The eternal germanic is 100% responsible for the bolshevik revolution.
>>
>>650974
> Again, let me repeat myself, the literature, military victories, conquests, architecture and science was at it's peak in the Romanov era, we're not talking about "pretty" here.
Science was there, but hardly groundbreaking. Literature had it's moments, but it was mostly "first come, first served". Classics became classics because they got there first (well, Chekhov was good, though). Same goes for architecture.

And as I was saying: Romanov dynasty did passable job until mid-18th century (when the dynasty technically went extinct). Then the stagnation begun.

> The USSR comes second,
Nope.

> even though it was culturally inferior to Romanov Russia
Absolutely not. What are you even talking about? I might grant you some conquests (if we assume that loss of Poland/Finland during Civil War was somehow USSR's fault, even though the war was started by the Empire), but USSR was unimaginably superior in culture.
>>
File: Reptilian Emperors.jpg (867KB, 2128x3009px) Image search: [Google]
Reptilian Emperors.jpg
867KB, 2128x3009px
Why the Reptilian seed of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha had to take over ABSOLUTELY EVERY ONE of ruling houses of Europe?
They were far more succesful than famed Habsbergers

I mean they even wanted to imprint themselves on fucking Portu-Macaco dynasty of Braganza.
>>
>>651007
Yes, Karl was the last King of Hungary and the last King of Bohemia as well.
>>
>>651028
Russia was ruled by Germans, it's three German-led countries which partitioned Poland together

Peter III didn't even speak a single fucking word in Russian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_House_of_Brandenburg
>>
>>651033
Yes, Wilhelm was such an utter cunt he would get his own cousin killed.
>>
>>651007
>You have Elisabeth II for GB so you rather not care about legitimism
What do you mean, who is the legitimate king of the UK?
>>
>>651033
You fucking idiot, I'm talking about the fact that the german imperial government funded Lenin and arranged for his trip back to Russia.
>>
>>651037
Jacobites
>>
File: louis-xx.jpg (86KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
louis-xx.jpg
86KB, 960x639px
>>651007
Different circumstances for different countries, friendo.

Though you might be right about the GB thing, i haven't thought about it before, maybe the rightful Stuart heir should take the throne? Or maybe it's too late/unimportant?

Either way it's not the same as France. France can only be ruled by the legitimate heir of Capet and no one else.
>>
It was a German empire
>>
"Pratzen Heights, lol more like faggot heights"
t. Alexandr 1
>>
Man, I thought this was an Ace Combat thread

Praise Belka
>>
>>651029
Dostoyevsky, Tschaikovsky, Musorgsky, Stravinsky, Tolstoy? You massive faggot. The fuck did the USSR produce, Sergei Jewenstein and Nu Pagadi cartoons?
>>
>>650996
in terms of military might and global influence they were without a doubt, shame about the quality of life for its average citizens though...
>>
>>652921
>The fuck did the USSR produce
Profokiev
>>
File: 053.png (87KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
053.png
87KB, 400x400px
>>652921
> Dostoyevsky, Tschaikovsky, Musorgsky, Stravinsky, Tolstoy?
There were two Tolstoy writers (the second was quite famous Soviet era sci-fi writer). Also, Dostoyevsky is an overrated hack.

> You massive faggot. The fuck did the USSR produce, Sergei Jewenstein and Nu Pagadi cartoons?
Cultural influence of the Glorious West is showing.

Music alone: Andriasov, Geller, Golubev, Khachaturyan, Khrennikov, Prokofiev, Shnitke, Shostakovich, Sviridov

That's three world-class composers for every composer you mentioned. I could easily do the same for writers, except you are clearly unfamiliar with the Russian literature if Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy are the only ones you know of.
>>
>>650557
Maybe if Nick decided to feed his country men instead of playing dress up with his cousins he wouldnt have been shot.
>>
>>651007
there was no polish state after 1861 and the title was meaningless after 1795
>>
>>653566
Fuck off Anglo cunt.
>>
>>650847
The last monarch of France was Napoleon III
>>
>>650847
Replace the French one with Napoopan and the Balkan shits should be changed to just Austria.
>>
File: le_prince_napoleon.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
le_prince_napoleon.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>651104
Not nearly as smug as this frog. Also how fall is Jean-Christophe? He looks massive; Which is ammusing considering the Nappy I manlet meme.
>>
File: Louis XX.jpg (67KB, 576x600px) Image search: [Google]
Louis XX.jpg
67KB, 576x600px
>>653897
>>654549
>>654564
>not the legitimate heir of Hugh Capet
>monarch of France

Nope.jpg
>>
File: 640px-Belka_Flag.svg.png (2KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Belka_Flag.svg.png
2KB, 640x435px
>>648993
>>
>>650847
Our last monarch was Simeon II not Boris III (Bulgaria)
also who is the romanian one?
>>
>>653566
>Dostoyevsky is an overrated hack.

Why would you say something so terrible?
>>
>>658663
>dosto
>good
lol
>>
>>651007
>only European to lose to a non-European.
Only if your counting the USA as European
>>
Desire for social reform, inept leadership, shortages of food.
>>
>>649267
This. It causes too much envy in other nations
>>
>>653566
To be fair, he didn't mention the others of the Big Five and also Glinka
>>
>>649077
They built a massive land-based, contiguous empire
Managed to defeat Napoleon by not fighting him directly
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.