[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 36

File: Modern_legionary1.jpg (35KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
Modern_legionary1.jpg
35KB, 400x640px
Post some Alt-History stuff. I like the idea of a modernized Roman Army.
>>
File: muvluv oderneisse line.jpg (179KB, 771x821px) Image search: [Google]
muvluv oderneisse line.jpg
179KB, 771x821px
>>620538
>>
File: Kesselring.jpg (121KB, 603x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kesselring.jpg
121KB, 603x800px
>>620538

I like the idea that pic related was in charge of North Africa instead of Rommel. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the war, but I do think that the Axis would have lasted longer.
>>
File: 1445896185851 copy.jpg (171KB, 728x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1445896185851 copy.jpg
171KB, 728x1022px
>>
>>620555
But why would you want to make a gigantic war last longer if it wouldn't even change the outcome?
>>
>>620551
>the beta uprising
>>
File: 1349191720865.png (2MB, 1366x733px) Image search: [Google]
1349191720865.png
2MB, 1366x733px
Inverted Earth
>>
>>621202
This fucks with me.
>>
>>620538
I liked that episode of Star Trek where they land on a version of Earth with the Roman Empire in modern times.
>>
>>620538
Sauce?
>>
>>621184
Because the different mode of operations that Kesseleing would likely employ interests me as a casual military theoretician.

Rommel, despite his popular accolades, was enormously wasteful as a theater commander. I'm interested in how much the Axis could eke out limited resources.
>>
>>621250
They would most likely turtle around Tobruk on the east and retreat to Tunis after Americans have landed. Basically nothing would change.
>>
>>621257

Rather unlikely, given his conduct in Italy, he didn't just hunker down and wait to be hit, he was constantly mounting local counterattacks, and performing rather adroit maneuvers, which you wouldn't think would be possible in the kind of folds in Italy.

He's unlikely to pursue to Tobruk though, and that means you're not wasting half of your fuel for 2 years; and you have a smaller perimeter. Suddenly, sending something to help out at the Torch landings isn't so farfetched.

And don't forget, as soon as the Allies landing in Sicily, you had motions that would bring Mussolini down and Italy withdrawing from active participation in the war. That forced the commitment of about 50 German divisions down into Southern Europe.

Again, it probably wouldn't be enough because the Soviets are winning the war in any case, but the longer you can put that off, the better.
>>
>>620538
Why would they be wearing lorca after 2000 years of military evolution? It didn't even last that long in the Empire
>>
>>620555
I'd prefer the idea that World War 2 was instead an alliance of Britain, France, Germany and the United States against the Soviet Union.
>>
>>621282
True. Only recently educated myself about Kesselring and he is truly and asthonishing strategician. Two leagues above Rommel at least.
>>
>>621284
Because OP and others like him don't like the roman empire, they just like Asterix and Ben-Hur.
>>
>>621202
although i understand the namings. the "mediterranean" kingdom makes no sense. maybe "medioceanic" or something like that but im sure thats not a "mediterranean" place
>>
>>620538
I also have a hard-on for the idea of a modern Roman Empire, but unlike most for me the change shouldn't be in 476. I prefer to have it that the Renovatio Imperii of Justinian and his generals was more succesful in the long term and that the Mediterranean roman empire, like China, always ends up re-unified again and bigger every time despite periods of fragmentation and external invasions. I would like something similar for the persians, I think they could've ended up getting along well again.
>>
>>621348
>ben hur
>lorica segmentata.
bravo hollywood.
>>
>>621313
Red Alert?
>>
File: DOPPEL KEKS.jpg (40KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
DOPPEL KEKS.jpg
40KB, 360x480px
>>621202
>The Everest Trench & Mount Mariana
>>
>>620538
why is he wearing brown over forest camo?
why does a machine gunner have a short-sword
the cheek pieces on the helmet make it impossible to sight his rifle
>>
File: PICT4908.jpg (32KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
PICT4908.jpg
32KB, 306x400px
>>620538
>>
>>620538
I like alt-history more the further back in time you go; totally changes everything from then on out.

>Jesus never begins Christianity
>Mohammed never is inspired by Jesus to become a prophet
>Any big religions in the area come much later
>Too late, in fact
>Rome falls
>Europe and the Middle East are balkanized
>Turks bulldoze everything except Britain, Switzerland, and Scandanavia
>Glorious Kebab Empire for a Thousand Years
>>
>>621362
>I would like something similar for the persians
They kinda sorta already have a history like that. Persia proper has (almost) always been united, or mostly united, under one empire or dynasty or another.
>>
File: 132279-004-DD85E49C.jpg (66KB, 550x359px) Image search: [Google]
132279-004-DD85E49C.jpg
66KB, 550x359px
>>620538
Hello my fellow Iroquois citizens! Is everyone ready to celebrate Five Nations Day?
>>
>>622660
I think you mean 18 nations day, Shits-On-Web? Or don't you remember our glorious repulsion of the white man from our blessed woodlands, and the acquisition of his colonies?
>>
File: 1333645177113.jpg (67KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1333645177113.jpg
67KB, 520x853px
>>622669
why the fuck are we speaking english then?
>>
>>621202

>Mexico Land

Uh...
>>
>>621202
There would be too much land, not enough water. Hell, we're running out of fresh water as it is. This would be awful
>>
File: DBTL Polish Commonwealth 1945.jpg (25KB, 287x183px) Image search: [Google]
DBTL Polish Commonwealth 1945.jpg
25KB, 287x183px
>>620538
>Post some Alt-History stuff.

4chan won't let me post a link for some reason, so look up; "The Drowned Baby Timeline".

An excellent alt-history first posted to the Usenet newsgroup soc.history.what-if back in 2001.

Braunau-am-Inn, Austria-Hungary
20 April 1889

Klara Pölzl Hitler is shocked and dismayed to learn that her newborn child Adolf has accidentally drowned while being washed by the midwife. Klara has now lost a total of four children in infancy. She suffers a mental breakdown, becomes terminally depressed, and dies a month after baby Adolf.

Berlin, Germany
30 June 1937

Marshal Jósef Piłsudski walks through the burned-out shell of the Reichstag building. He is not looking forward to the upcoming meeting with his French and British counterparts at Potsdam. They would be urging lenience in dealing with the defeated Germans, and he is in no mood to listen. His troops, many of them Jewish, have brought back photographs from the concentration camps. Despite all he has seen in the course of an eventful life, Piłsudski has been sickened. Perhaps he could arrange tours of the camps for the British and French delegations. That might make them see reason.
>>
>>622357
>Kebab empire without Islamic conquests as a motivating force
>>
File: 1447913139406.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1447913139406.png
106KB, 922x882px
Anyone know some good Native American alt-history? It can be Peruvian, Mesoamerican, Inuit, whatever.
>>
File: And now I'm laughing about it.png (117KB, 238x351px) Image search: [Google]
And now I'm laughing about it.png
117KB, 238x351px
>>622669
>Shit's-On-Web
Maximum kek.
>>
>>624550

>implying Poland wouldn't get instaroflstomped by Soviets and live in glorious progressive society till the end of times
>>
>>625944
CK2 has a DLC where incas/aztecs (not sure who) invade europe
>>
>>625944
>>626820

There's a mod for CK2 called After the End that's set in the Americas. It's setting is post-apocalyptic. They're currently extending the map to include the northern part of South America, and all of central America is already covered.

MesoAmericans and Inuits are in it.
>>
Islam is a religion of peace.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 528x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 528x278px
>>620538
Mexico's city still looks like this
>>
>>624250
>running out of water
Are you retarded?
>>
>>620551
What is this?
>>
>>622357
>Europe and the Middle East are balkanized
The geography of those regions predisposes Europe to always end up with regional powers (all the peninsulas, the british isles, and all the mountain ranges) and the geography of the Middle East predisposes it to go through periods of being unified by large empires.

This would still be the case without christianity or islam.
>>
>>624550
>hurr durr history is to a large degree deterministic
Could you back that up with an explanation if you tried?
>>
>>621202
Doesn't this essentially exist under our own world? Not trolling, just curious
>>
>>627537
Well it would obviously expand, assuming the Aztecs didn't get fucked with sanctions for centuries / assuming that tenochtitlan isn't just an archaeological conservatory in your scenario
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>621313
> an alliance of Britain, France, Germany and the United States against the Soviet Union
But that did happen, we just didn't call it a world war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_intervention_in_the_Russian_Civil_War
>>
>>628265
>we just didn't call it a world war.
Then it didn't happen, did it?
>>
>>624550
I find it plausible. Germans would surely surrender when they'd see a reanimated corpse of Pilsudski leading his men.
>>
Pic very unrelated.
Manifest destiny wasn't a thing.
Native South and Central Americans retain their culture.
All colonies are settling colonies rather than resource grinding monsters.
Russia is fucked up and balkanized by a number of different factors and nations including Sweden, Prussia, Poland, and they are also never able to establish a foothold in Siberia.
Since Russia gets fucked, Königsberg and presumably that culture survives to this day without being demonized.
All Red revolutions fail.
The Arab world is quickly secularized.
Carthage wins the Punic Wars, continuing its' existence through the migration period.
>>
File: kittelsen-pesta-utsnitt.jpg (169KB, 950x662px) Image search: [Google]
kittelsen-pesta-utsnitt.jpg
169KB, 950x662px
>>628510
Also the Ottoman empire never gains much of a foothold, and falls back into irrelevant anatolians. That'd also be the last caliphate.
>>
>>628079
The story is getting a video game adaptation sometime this or next year. 250+ hours.
>>
>>628510
>>628521
>Carthage beats Rome and stays around
>Russia and the Ottoman Empire still come into being
Are you implying the latter two were inevitable?
>>
>>628743
I see your point.
>>
File: 1448576496846.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448576496846.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
>>628510
>>628521
What is the source on these pics.?
When I was a kid, granny used to tell me, that if ill stay out late after sunset, or missbehave an old half-dead woman called "klekánice" woud stuff me to a bag and take me away... this remided me of it... not gonna sleep toight, thanks.
>>
>>628837
That's a Scandi (mostly Norwegian) myth about an old half dead lady that visited villages and homes that were about to be affected by the black plague.
>>
>>628837
>>628854

The proper name of that half-dead old lady is Pesta.

If I'm remembering it right, that second picture was actually drawn by a guy who claimed to have run it Pesta by accident, NOPE'd the fuck out, and ended up being followed to his house by it.
>>
>>624250
>inverted

imagine all saltwater is now fresh
>>
File: yK8IiQu.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
yK8IiQu.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>NOPE'd the fuck out, and ended up being followed to his house by it.
>>
>>628521

That doesn't really tell me much about it though?

What's the title and what's the plot (other than what appears to be the East Germans getting uppity with the Not-Warsaw-Pact)
>>
File: 1448829359679.gif (2MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
1448829359679.gif
2MB, 330x312px
>>628854
>>628898
Its 3:30 and I live alone in small house by the woods... things like this make me thing if I locked the doors...
>>
>>622669
>>628521

>The American patriots were successful in holding Montreal, the rest of New France and eventually all British claims. (They did have some support; maybe it could've happened.)

>All the other North American acquisitions still happen. Jefferson buys Louisana from Napoleon, later Alaska purchased from the Russians.
>Americans not only annex Texas to California, but feeling oddly less racist, keep the Mexican capitol after they capture it and annex all of Mexico.
>Americans eventually force their way down to the border of Panama, collecting most of New Spain. (And why not, collect Cuba in the Spanish–American War.)

>Something better than the American Civil War happens. (Because that was an especially awful war. Reconstruction messed up the south for a hundred years. Blacks were still effectively enslaved by the prision labor system until the 1950s, so like what was the point?)
>With their hegmony of North America complete, and the only land border blocked by the jungles of Columbia and the panama canal, the US takes the Monroe Doctrine completely to heart.
>With South America as a strong protectorate for colonizing, this significantly grows the natural isolationism of the people.
>WWI happens. The Spainish influence balances supply shipments, preventing reinstatment of unrestricted submarine warfare. Keeping the US out of the war.
>WWI armistice with Germany somewhat reduced from 1917 borders.
>The Ottoman empire still collapses. (Sorry, nothing I can do for you. But hey, Ataturk was pretty cool, right?)

>The treaty at the end of WWI is more equitable, so the Weimar Republic isn't a disaster and Germany has plenty of room to grow.
>World War II never happens.
>Europe doesn't destroy itself.
>The US remains a bunch of hicks, nobody really gives a damn about.
>>
>>628079
A dating VN with Cold War flavor.
>>
>>630047
jesus christ
>>
File: moon exoskeleton.jpg (2MB, 1645x2324px) Image search: [Google]
moon exoskeleton.jpg
2MB, 1645x2324px
>>630340
Its okay.
They have a moonbase by the 70's.
>>
>>624550
All nice and dandy, but tell me, how would Hitler's death in infancy influence how Poland dealt with the Reds in war and post-war talks?
And what concentration camps?
1937?

Also, this >>628388.
>>
>>628521
>>628510
Oh my fucking God, fucking Kittelsen. 3rd grade me was reading about the black death from our school's history book when these two pictures suddenly popped up. Fucking hell, couldn't fall asleep that night. Punishment for being an autist and reading ahead desu
>>
>>628898
>>628854
>>628837
It's Kittelsen. Both drawn by the same guy

>pls get off my boat madam
>>
File: 1383662624478.jpg (293KB, 828x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1383662624478.jpg
293KB, 828x1017px
>>630679
>mfw it says here you are a heretic.jpg
Thanks for that sauce.
>>
I like the idea of Gypsies pulling off an Israel and carving a state in some deserted part of Romania or something.
>>
>>621839
In Hungarian keks means cookies
>>
>>625939
Well kök tengri religion literary said that god (tengri) created turks to rule other races. So umm those times turks were more agressive
>>
>>627595
We are running low on fresh water bud

http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/freshwater/freshwater-crisis/
>>
File: baby hitler.jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
baby hitler.jpg
33KB, 600x400px
>>630621
>tell me

There’s probably 100+ posts in the story, read it yourself, it’s the 1st link in a search for “The Drowned Baby Timeline”;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=The+Drowned+Baby+Timeline

“As an aid to those who may be unfamiliar with the Drowned Baby Timeline, I present a brief synopsis and a list of blog posts.

The Point-of-Departure, which is what alternate history buffs call the event that changes the alternate timeline from our own history, occurs on 20 April 1889, when a newly-born Adolf Hitler is accidentally drowned. With no Hitler to unite Germany's radical right during the Great Depression, it remains fragmented. Instead of being converted into a legal dictatorship, the Weimar Republic falls to a right-wing coup led by Ernst Röhm in October 1932. With his popularity dropping, Röhm launches an invasion of Poland in May 1936. The Poles are able to halt Röhm's poorly-equipped Brown Army, and by November 1936 the two armies are stalemated.

The stalemate ends on Christmas Day 1936 with a Polish offensive. The Brown Army is driven back, and in June 1937 Germany is defeated by the Poles and their British and French allies.

Poland annexes eastern Germany, and by 1940 Poland has been transformed into a federal republic, with half a dozen Devolved Areas, or devos, established among the country's various ethnic minorities.

cont.
>>
>>631905

“A Soviet-backed coup attempt in Lithuania in October 1944 leads to war between the USSR and Poland. Poland is joined by several other Eastern European states, and eventually by Japan, and for six months the Red Army retreats across the Byelorussian and Ukrainian SSRs. Both sides agree to an armistice in March 1945, with the USSR ultimately ceding the Byelorussian and Ukrainian SSRs to the Poles, and the Karelian ASSR and the Kola Peninsula to the Finns. The Japanese, having lost Manchuria to the Soviets, do not take part in the armistice, and war between the USSR and the Japanese Empire continues.

As the newly-established Ukrainian Devo is integrated into the Polish Commonwealth, and the damage of war is repaired, the multi-ethnic country begins to experience a cultural renaissance, exemplified by the rise of a fast-paced mix of Jewish klezmer music and American jazz known as klezmerol. Meanwhile, an attempt by Benito Mussolini to use his newly-acquired atomic bomb to gain control over Yugoslavia is thwarted by the equally-new atomic arsenals of Great Britain, France, and Poland, leading to the creation of the League of Nations Atomic Control Commission .”

FIN

I challenge anyone here to write a better alt-history.
>>
>>620538
Turtledove has a whole series of alternate history/semi science-fiction novels that focus on a what if scenario of the Byzantine and Sassanid Empires surviving to modern times.
>>
>>628837
>if ill stay out late after sunset
>not gonna sleep toight, thanks
Guess who's gonna get stuffed in a bag
>>
>>631905
>>631911
Thanks for wasting time on me.
I'll try reading that crap in the upcoming week.
Anyway, all things considered, Poland must've been on a sick arming marathon to take on Germany in 36 and the Reds in 44. Especially the latter.
>klezmerol
Christ Almighty.

>>631911
>I challenge anyone here to write a better alt-history.
Let's say, for starters, that Polish diplomats are not total cretins and they secure Big Poland (federal or whatever) after the 1920 war with the Reds. Let's say that they keep with that attitude and get on nazis' side in 37 or the like.
Krauts get with their conquest of West Europe all while Poland (with Hungary and Romania, because why not) gets ready for the Moscow tour of 1942 or something.

That would require, apart of Poland being reasonable, Hitler not chimping out and Stalin, again, not realising his ass was on the menu.
Also, anyone else think the red menace could survive in the deep Siberia? Can't picture a large scale expedition to clear every single gulag out there.
Oh and also also, Nips could Russia too, instead of letting USA lure them out. Or whatever.
Cheers.
>>
>>621202
this would be a lot less fucky to understand if it was upside down so we don't instantly recognize it
>>
>>630041
>Make the US a massive continental empire
>They end up as irrelevant hicks

keke
>>
guns never become more advanced than revolvers. swords are still in military use.
>>
>>621313
Hitler shouldn't have been such a cuck constantly pissing off France, Britain, and US then
>>
File: World Political Systems.png (58KB, 1357x866px) Image search: [Google]
World Political Systems.png
58KB, 1357x866px
I got hundreds of pages of autistic fluff to explain how this world came about
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 1356x628px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 1356x628px
>>631395
Oh damn... So you're telling me the Ottoman Empire would have looked exactly like this...?

If it were any race but the Turks I wouldn't believe it... But damn...
>>
File: 1900.png (878KB, 5620x3040px) Image search: [Google]
1900.png
878KB, 5620x3040px
>>
I'd like to think the dark ages never happened, we'd be in space right now
>>
>>637378
more?
>>
>>637414
desu it's my own stuff, so I have a lot figured out, but none wirtten down. Wish I could make a mod for HoI3 based on that.
>>
>>637378
>blobbing
Not even once.
>>
>>635070
It wouldn't be called as Ottoman Empire since Ottoman (Osman) is given because of islamic culture. I think they would have more lands than ottomans. But i don't know if invading lands would let invader do their shit. Like invading countries that made discoveries would let invaders do the discoveries
Also Turks had like balls of steel (which made them try to kidnap emperor with only 40 people). But Chinese strategists were more cunning
>>
What's the best blank map or program for making these alternate history maps? I'm tired of using the standard wikipedia one
>>
>>639811
Vicky 2 blank maps
>>
File: TEMPLATE Newtarctica - MAIN.png (772KB, 5817x2924px) Image search: [Google]
TEMPLATE Newtarctica - MAIN.png
772KB, 5817x2924px
>>639811
I got you covered, family
>>
>>621217
Yeah and then Roddenberry gets cucked with the forced Christian message at the end.
>>
>washington becomes king
republicanism never quite catches on, developed world is still a system of monarchies, constitutional to some degree but with monarchs nonetheless far more active in politics
>>
>>640296
>No checks and balances
>The US now is much less effective, doesn't get past the rockies
>Successfully invades eastern canada though
>>
>>628854
Interdesting.

We had the same myth during periods of Plague here in the Baltics.
>>
>>627508
Kek
>>
>>631378
and so does it in german ,as you can see by this pack of cookies.
>>
>>628297

I think he means the Cold War.
>>
>>629014
Poor anon, what are locked doors going to do? A simple push will allow her to enter. Locks haven't stopped her for years. A few brief moments, and she's in. The lights are off. You're in bed, fitfully turning in your sleep. She makes no sound as she approaches your restless form in the dark. A wheezing, rustling sound, like a breeze over dry paper, wakes you. You stare into dark, sunken eyes. Before the scream ever leaves your mouth, the bag envelops you. The front door is left open and creaking as she shuffles through the woods, dragging a large sack behind her....
>>
>>626820
Aztecs invade, but Aztecs are heavily influenced by the Inca in a way similar to Rome and Greece
>>
>>635052
I'd love this world desu
>>
>>631905
>>631911
What a ridiculous Polaboo wankfest.
>>
>>647823
Every country has wankfests about what the world would be like if they had rolled perfectly on every historical event.
>>
As a Flip, I imagine that a Austronesian leader would unite modern day Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines as a Malay Empire before the arrival of ISLAM and the European Colonizers. Due to its archipelagic nature, it develops a strong naval tradition with its control of trade and a powerful military navy

It undergoes a similar modernization like the Japanese Meiji Period and becomes a huge power in the South East Asia. A world war would be very different with a power like this
>>
File: 1424654489323.png (19KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1424654489323.png
19KB, 509x411px
>>650057
Indonesian here.

I wish.
>>
>>637378
A Germany that actually has something good happen to it?

Where can I sign up?
>>
File: ebin_großgermanium.png (2MB, 1925x1561px) Image search: [Google]
ebin_großgermanium.png
2MB, 1925x1561px
WHEN I SAY "EBIN" YOU SAY "GROSSPREUßEN"

EBIN!
>>
>>650310
FUCK OFF PRUSSIABOO

LONG LIVE THE SOUTH
>>
>>631905
>Röhm launches an invasion of Poland in May 1936.
>Jósef Piłsudski - Died May 12 1935

Tell me again what Space Magic the poles used to reanimate Piłsudski, or did die of an aneurysm caused by Hitler?
>>
>>631968
>Turtledove has a whole series of alternate history/semi science-fiction novels that focus on a what if scenario of the Byzantine and Sassanid Empires surviving to modern times.

Are you talking about this:
>Agent of Byzantium (1987) — Imperial Byzantine special agent Basil Argyros is sent on various missions in an alternate universe where Muhammad became a Christian saint and consequently Islam never existed and the Byzantine Empire never fell.

I didn't realize there were any other books in the timeline, this just deals with some early modern stuff.
>>
>>631768
It was about time those communists came up with the new epic meme of the decade to suck money out of our pockets.
>>
>>650526
That and several others like Gunpowder Empire.
>>
>>631378
In Serbo-Croatian and other slavic languages as well
>>
File: skullpelt.jpg (282KB, 584x1050px) Image search: [Google]
skullpelt.jpg
282KB, 584x1050px
>>634348
>upside down
>don't instantly recognize it
Are you well?

Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>625944
I always found the idea of a technologically developed, warmongering aztec civilization to be bretty scary. It would be ruled by high priests and would raid neighboring nations for people to sacrifice en mass, depopulating large areas.
>>
>>631378
I know
Oh god I know
I had to pack so many goddamn babys' cookies for Poland, Czechland and Hungary
>>
>>647267
Nope, the Russian Civil War
almost every major power sent troops against the revolutionists
>>
forgive me mods
>>
>>652011
I wish they had made a second one. It was a great game.
>>
>>652011
>forgive me mods

why?
>>
there must be some parallel universe where Scandinavia contributed anything at all to the world
>>
>French Revolution never happens
>man never ruins himself
Seriously.
Fuck Roux.
>>
File: 1453830848752.jpg (63KB, 604x578px) Image search: [Google]
1453830848752.jpg
63KB, 604x578px
>>631911
I guess that timeline was written by a polish person ? In truth it is highly unrealistic apart from reanimated piludski. Röhm could have never pulled through with his visions. He never was the person to gain leadership in the first place and the Reichswehr would have simply putsched if he did. The officers, generals and nationalist elites would have never accepted his idea of a Volksheer. The night of the long knives was the event that secured the nazi rule, all the crackpot rightwing revolutionary and actual (national)socialist stuff was quickly purged.

Also poland stronk. There is no way even with germany defeated that the poles would be able to stop the soviets. I might accept an unrealistic victory over an much stronger foe for the sake of an interesting alt-history but twice is too much. Seems like a polish wankfest tbqh. It has a reason that the soviets became a superpower and germany dominates the EU. Poland was a weak and ill developed state in the 30s and 40s they were in no way able to pull of the crap they do here.
>>
File: old1338915802813.jpg (32KB, 280x185px) Image search: [Google]
old1338915802813.jpg
32KB, 280x185px
>>653126
>I guess that timeline was written by a polish person ?

I don’t believe so, but what you don’t get by just reading the (very well written and thought out) timeline, are the hundreds of posts made at the time to the newsgroup for each installment, discussing and debating every element in detail. It was very much a collaborative process.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy /his/ but this board is like kindergarten compared to the heydays of Usenet.
>>
>>653609
Well in my oppinion it isn't thought out well. Sure it is an intresting thought and a nice alt history but for my taste there are to many unrealistic elements. If there aren't major things that happened different in poland in TTL the timeline is plain unrealistic. Also may i suggest you visit the several different alt history Forums floating around? There are several with very well thoughtout and discussed timeline there.
>>
>>653667
>Also may i suggest you visit the several different alt history Forums floating around?

Son, where do you think everybody from Usenet went?
>>
>Rome annexes Carthage rather than burning it to the ground
>Rome later balkanizes into east, west, and African Rome, but neither of them fall proper, just fade into relative obscurity
>But Byzantium keeps all of Anatolia, boxing in Islam between Egypt, Syria, and Afghanistan
>>650057 happens, i love it
>time gap
>Moden Latin America is never latinized except for the parts of the Gulf of Mexico, which becomes a superpower of culture and economy.
>North American tribes intermarry with settlers and share their culture in peace and prosperity
>Both Napoleon and Great Britan exhaust themselves against eachother, Britain especially slipping out of the global point of view, forced to give up their colonies almost everywhere.
>Russia falls to Napoleon completely however, allowing all the Russias to be their own states.
>Sweden never loses Finland and claims bits of Russia, like Karelia,
>Russia loses everything east of the urals.
>Sweden and Denmark join together
>Prussia continues as planned, uniting German speaking duchys n shit
>Fast forward, most african colonies are for settling rather than cruel resource extracting.
>The Boers are easily Africas largest nation, and spreads like the plague in South Africa in the power vaccuum left because of how weakened Great Britain is.
>In general, most colonies do not genocide the natives, rather intermarry, and leave a massive imprint in culture
muh germanic militarism and workforce in Africa
>Time gap
>Eastern states relatively dwarf moscows russia, and a red revolution fails in most nations where it usually would succeed. China however becomes communist, and so does Siberia. Both of them are then pounded into the dirt.
>Yugoslavia still gets Tito, but Titos version of communism is never quite challenged, except for a cold war with Byzantium, ending peacefully without military action.

Updated.
>>
>>651666
story?
>>
>>628521
>who where the mamluks?
>>
>>650057
I hope to god Singapore stays out of this cesspool
>>
>>653126
This. Rohm was a homosexual bully. Hitler could've just told him to fuck off and he would've ran away with his tail between his legs. But muh prussian blood and honour and all that jazz.
>>
File: 1403967751336.jpg (124KB, 1235x933px) Image search: [Google]
1403967751336.jpg
124KB, 1235x933px
>defeated southrons join victorian gold rush
>eureka stockade a lot larger and more radical
>support is found in queensland and new south wale's farming communities, especially rovers, sheerers, other traveling agricultural workers
>eastern australia becomes independent of the UK in 1890s
>WA, SA and NT still part of commonwealth
>Eastralia goes on to become southern hemisphere's socialist switzerland
>WANZCs fight in WWI, soon after Westralia federates with NT as a state
>present day no GST

What could've been m80s
>>
>Native Americans tribes form large alliances to fend off Europeans.
>>
>>651514
They were pretty damn developed, they just had a ridiculously different way of fighting. They let the Spaniards recover and rearm before the next battles, and- rather naively- didn't expect any attacks to happen in the meantime.
If they'd worked on the sacrifice thing, and burnt the smallpox-infested Spaniards from a safe distance, it would have been a great place to live.
They did the whole raiding thing too, but land was no use to the empire if there was fuck all coming from it, so they didn't quite fit your vision.
>>
>>653737
Well then what are you so sad about ? The people are still out there, Also stop calling people son on 4chan thats pretty weird.

>>653800
You somehow had to weaken germany in this story i guess but röhm gaining power is simply bonkers. Against a 1936 germany france, great britain and poland would have probably won anyway. What bugs me is the part where poland builds another successfull commonwealth out of thin air and is in any way ready to beat the soviets in the 40s when they have recovered from the purge and continued their huge armament programm.
>>
File: u wot.png (257KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
257KB, 400x585px
>>653760
>>Russia loses everything east of the urals.
Where would it even go?
>>
>>628837
personification of the black death in scandinavia that would either kill everyone in a farmstead, or leave a few survivors depending on if she either used her broom or rake-thing
>>
>>654488
independent.
>>
>>631768
Good thing we have the tech to convert salt water, and the only thing holding it back is the same thing holding back cancer research
>>
>Mosley never resigned from the Labour party
>Becomes Labours head; ends up winning the 1931 general election
>slowly introduces fascist ideas due to his relationship with Mussolini
>better relations between Italy, Falangist Spain, Nazi Germany and Great Britain as a result
>1934 riots in France end up as a far right victory
>Germany never occupies France/Creates Vichy Puppet state as France goes Right Wing by its own accord
>WW2 is between the Fascist North Western Europe and the Soviet Union, 'Murica not involved

One can dream.
>>
>>640008
>Crimean Russia
Good map ano...
>Kosovo
>Turkish Cyprus
Nevermind
>>
>>655411
>Cannot into realism
Sucks to be you.
>>
>>655414
>Kosovo + North Cyprus ever being a thing
>All those Russia backed Georgia "countries"
>Transnistria
>No ISIS
Good luck there.
>>
File: 1454363605926.png (82KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1454363605926.png
82KB, 441x411px
>>654488
Israel & Gypsy reservations
>>
>>651457
>skullpelt.jpg

Those books were amazing
>>
>>628510
That picture is a blast from the past, remember it being in my history book in HS.
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.