[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of leading a non religious life /His/. Do your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (115KB, 462x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 462x634px
I'm tired of leading a non religious life /His/. Do your greatest to sway in favour of a denomination. Here's some backstory:

>went to Catholic school because it was only Christan school in my city
>went to Christian reformed church on Sunday's for whatever reason
>teen years come stop going
>altogether stop thinking about religion in my life
>lowest I've felt in my life 16-19 now

Help me find Christ senpai.
>>
>>610457
If religion is the only thing that can keep you happy, I think you need to rethink your life, fampai. Maybe take up a hobby or something.
>>
>>610457

Go for a religion that doesn't require you to deliberately mistranslate its own holy books in order to make sense.
>>
>>610457
>I'm tired of leading a non religious life /His/.
And people claim Christianity isn't a meme religion.
>>
>>610503
tried the opposite. I'm tired of worldly possessions. I'm the type of person who takes interest in everything from painting to engine tuning, and yet I'm here unfulfilled with life.
>>
>>610584
Seems to me like you're just afraid of spooks, anon. Either that, or medically depressed. I'd talk to a psychologist rather than make rash decisions encouraged by an anonymous imageboard.

[spoiler]inb4 >muh psychologists [/spoiler]
>>
There is a lot of evidence for His existence, Lanciano for example. Catholic Church is the truth senpai
>>
Read Kierkegaard.
If you're the skeptical type then read some Aquinas.
>>
File: st dominic.jpg (3MB, 1982x3071px) Image search: [Google]
st dominic.jpg
3MB, 1982x3071px
>>610457
My life was very much the same as yours, anon, but I'm back in the Catholic Church and happier than ever. I went through Catholic school too, and it was absolute garbage. If you had told me then that I would end up a Catholic again, I wouldn't believe you.

Anyway, since you mention Catholic school, have you received any of the sacraments? Have you been properly initiated so to speak?
>>
>>610641
My Catholic high school was pretty shitty, too. They were too liberal and didn't properly teach us about Catholic doctrine and stuff. We never even read any Augustine.

They even let Jews and Baptists teach there. Disgusting.
>>
>>610609

Psychologists really dont offer services worth paying for. Like, at all. I feel bad for you if you are paying for them.

>>610457

How do you feel about me telling you that living life in myth and absorbed in a kind of canon is far more enjoyable than living one completely governed by scientific thought, which doesnt care at all for our emotions or for the desire for drama and poetry?

Thats ultimately what religion boils down to. Matters of faith are solely born of the heart, and words are greater yet than man.
>>
>>610665
Sorry, I meant a psychiatrist.
>>
File: greatchain-correspondences.gif (51KB, 688x599px) Image search: [Google]
greatchain-correspondences.gif
51KB, 688x599px
>>610457
You can't logic yourself into authentic spirituality. You gotta go through some shit amigo. Kierkegaard's my nigga but even his eloquence would have gone in one ear and out the other during my fedora years. You need to have some conception of despair, some conception of "drinking deep the cup of life's profound sadness" for faith to really resonate with you.

I finally came to when I was on the brink of suicide. That's when I finally knew what all those saints and yogis and mystics were talking about when they spoke of an eternal self that is always in communication with the Ultimate: that line your draw around your Self, the part that wants nothing to do with all the complexes, neuroses, negative thoughts, and vague mental bullshit that seems to be a part of you but also, because you reject it, essentially isn't. That's who you are. Without any experience of the spiritual dimension the rest is noise
>>
Read Evola and start lifting
>>
>>610673
Get out of this thread, mom.
>>
>>610692
I'm not an alcoholic pham.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>The spirit is mingled with the flesh as is air with water. The spirit, elevated by its Origin, separates from the flesh and returns to the Infinite, just as air, which is lighter than water, separates from water and rises as a bubble before melting into space.

>Just as the air bubble is determined as a single entity only because water surrounds it, the spirit, too, is only determinable individually as a being by its enclosure in the flesh.
>>
>>610879

Gonna need sauce
>>
>>610508

JIDF detected.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 242x208px
>>610879
>tfw no spirit bubble gf
>>
>>610894
Primordial Contemplation by frithjof schuon
>>
File: John Calvin.jpg (253KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
John Calvin.jpg
253KB, 1200x1200px
>>610457
Its too late OP, you're fucked
>>
>>610624
kek
>>
>>610457

What do you think is more important righteousness in thoughts or righteousness in actions?

You may want to read the Quran to know Jesus senpai.
>>
>>610457
Do not pick the Catholic Church again pick Evangelicalism
>>
Does believing in natural law make me a christcuck?
>>
>>610457
Anon you can always go to your local Parish

After a Mass I assume a Priest would love to discuss with you all your questions about reviving your religious life

Since you have already gotten your feet wet with Catholic school I assume you would have a basic understanding of the way Catholic theology works having an understanding that the Church is a direct descendant of the apostals
>>
>which slave doctrine should i shackle myself too, help me

thats how you sound
>>
>>610457
Find a social club anon. As a fellow who is clinically depressed- medication is bullshit and doesn't really work, neither is shrinks who tend to be payed way to much to harp on complete bullshit.

We're social animals and thus crave social activities. Find a group, religious or anything, that you can get together with often and simply socialize/have fun.
>>
Greek orthodox, Or russian orthodox.
The pope is a patriarch who got uppity, religion of the true roman empire, fucking best art and cathedrals, not corrupted by one old man.
Protestantism is a giant heresy. Well if you are going christian if not buddhist/taoist
>>
>>610457
Not /his/. Damn can you fags misinterpret the mentioning of "religion" in the OP any harder? Oh well the faggot mods don't seem to care
>>
>>614083
In the sticky I mean
>>
File: 9780140150629.jpg (23KB, 255x400px) Image search: [Google]
9780140150629.jpg
23KB, 255x400px
Here you go
>>
>>614083
Fuck off autist
>>
>>610457
Become orthodox and live ascetic life.
( if you want God to come down to your life and to experience direct contact with the reality of spiritual world )

If you want to role play go be a Catholic.

https://vimeo.com/9794946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_fJ2QaIK8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVTw6zbT4g&list=PLoJZTPGbrre4tuSNeKYGBni9m-wJyE7y3

Done my duty to show you the truth it's up to you if you decide to follow the right, straight path toward heaven or ignore it.
>>
>>610457
Just go to mass sunday, and reflect senpai
you can do it
catholicism is the true religion
>>
>>610457
>Don't want to be a pagan
>Catholicism not your thing
>Jews have no state, they've been forsaken by god
>Islam forbids alcohol and pork fuck that noise

Have you considered Eastern Orthodoxy OP?
>>
>>614154
Byzantine orthodoxy is gr8 m8
>>
>2016
>Still believing in archaic man made religions
>Not being a panentheist/deist or spiritualist

Fuck off back to /pol with your autistic crusader wanna be manchildren. You've been swallowing too many red pills
>>
>>614175
>Not being hinduistic, new age, autistic.
Fuck off.
>>
>>614083

The meaning is "we need a board to move the atheist vs Christian arguments off /pol/ because people kept complaining it was not politics" so they made a religion board for it and also tacked history on.

Enjoy, this is what the board is for.
>>
>>610677
In other words feels over logic
>>
>>614204
Legitimate question - do you have Asperger's?
>>
>>614204
Muh logic
>>
Join the seaweed religion. Dedicate your life to the cultivation of our oceanic friends.
>>
>>610510
its all memes anon. everything is memes. they are the monads of our age.
>>
>>610677
why is that a gif?
>>
>>610665
You do realize that you can be an atheist without being a positivist right?
>>
>>614946
You should know by now that /his/ doesn't understand this.
>>
>>614154
>Tribalism: The Religion
u dun goof senpai-cham
>>
>>614600
No. Do you?
>>
>>614613
>Muh feels
>>
>>614946
Sure, but there's no reason to not believe in God without being a positivist
>>
File: 1451635005320.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451635005320.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>610457

>/his/:
>not your personal missionary society
>>
>>610457
Read the bible and especially what Jesus says and mediate and pray every day. You don't need organized religion they're just gimicks to mold your faith. Seek closeness with God. Find christian friends or a church if you need community. Don't look to much into the gimicks. Follow the teachings of Jesus.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 475x356px
>>615686
>You don't need organized religion
Nice modern heresy bud.
>>
>>615724
Why would an infinite loving God care if you obey the petty whims and/or give money to one particular pedophile or the other?
>>
>>615727
It's not about what God cares about, it's about following the faith to it's fullness to allow for the greatest spiritual growth. To you all the sacraments might look like gimmicks but that's just because you lack understanding about what their real purpose is; there's actually very beneficial reasons for following them.
>>
>>614946
>>615636
See? --> >>615662
>>
>>615779
>To you all the sacraments might look like gimmicks but that's just because you lack understanding about what their real purpose is; there's actually very beneficial reasons for following them.
Such as?
What even kind of argument is this anyway?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.