[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Civil War was not about slavery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1453643121674.jpg (194KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453643121674.jpg
194KB, 667x1000px
American Civil War was not about slavery. Everything youve been taught in public school is a lie
>>
It doesn't really matter although.
>>
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html
>>
lol buttmad? i suppose it was the war of northern aggression, too
>>
>>600878
I learned in school it was about states rights.
>>
>>600888
Why wouldnt the north just let the south leave? Who had more to lose? You liberal boypussy faggot
>>
The Civil War was due to a bunch of slave owning rich assholes willing to sacrifice millions of lives in order to stay rich assholes a little longer. Furthermore, the dehumanization of blacks was both to control slaves and poor whites.
>>
>>600878
Yeah it was
>>
>>600937
cause the south attacked the north I mean wtf guy I thought it was obvious
>>
The Deep South seceded over fears that slavery would eventually be restricted and fired on Fort Sumter out of sheer arrogance. The fears were exacerbated by the fact that Lincoln won the election without carrying any Southern states.

The North was outraged that SC would fire on their supply ship and decided that enough was enough and that it was time to bring the Deep South back into the Union.

The Upper South joined the Deep South because they thought the federal government had no right to force the Deep South to remain in the Union.

There you go.
>>
>>600956
Fort Sumter existed on the confederate side of the border
>>
>>600956
>tell billy to vacate fort on southern soil
>billy does not comply
>johnny uses force
>billy complies

The entire civil war could have been that one confrontation but lol nope the yanks decided they would invade.
Yes it was the War of Northern Agression.

The eternal Yankee.
>>
>>601015

and Guantanamo bay is in Cuba, and you can bet your ass we'd flatten them if they fired on a ship resupplying it.
>>
Why is American history so boring/
>>
>>601028
So another war of northern aggression?
>>
>>601037

Retaliation =/= aggression
>>
>>601041
It's an excessive response to invade a country because they attacked a fort you hold on their land.
>>
>>601048
A fort that you also refused to abandon and continuously sent supplies to
>>
>>601048

No it isn't. Like I said, imagine if Guantanamo Bay were attacked. We'd declare all-out war and perform a regime change.

Having an overtly hostile country directly on your border is a threat that needs to be dealt with, unless you want it to turn into a two Koreas situation where they are constantly fighting and threatening each other.
>>
The North won you Southern faggots. Maybe you just have to git gud.
>>
>>601052

Maybe they didn't want to surrender because it was their fucking fort that they paid for and built? South Carolina could have just left it alone and negotiated for it after they obtained the support of the border states and had DC on the ropes. It would have shown the rest of the states that the only thing the CSA wanted was peaceful coexistence with the North, rather than a desire to destroy the Union for the sake of slavery.
>>
File: smug anime girl.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>601027
>>
>abloo bloo why didn't the north just sit back and do nothing?
Southern apologists are the worst. Even if the Union had just accepted a peaceful split then it'd have surpassed the south economically rather fast. By the turn of the century the south would be in trouble due to mechanization and large populations in other countries out-competing them, with millions of angry slaves to top it all.
>>
>>600937
Of course

Go back to your sisterwife, fucking redneck
>>
>>600937
... The South did, dipshit.
>>
File: DsmR9By.jpg (53KB, 968x629px) Image search: [Google]
DsmR9By.jpg
53KB, 968x629px
>>600878

>I'm a butthurt southerner

>the south always wanted the slaves to be free, the slaves just wanted to be slaves
>guys believe me

Recognising our dark pigmented brothers and sisters as people wasn't the only reason, but it was certainly a factor.
>>
>>600878
>wars aren't about things
Welcome, you've just made your FIRST REAL HISTORICAL BREAK THROUGH.

The contents of the documentary records of the past don't analogously represent ANYTHING. They are what they were. They are not part of some meta-narrative you create.

Your Ranke has increased by 1. You have unlocked "the past as it essentially was." Your historiographic level is now 1.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.