[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be Ethiopian >Country had monarchs who were heads of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: HIM smiling.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
HIM smiling.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
>Be Ethiopian
>Country had monarchs who were heads of a large centralized state for thousands of years
>tfw WE WUZ KINGS AND SHIT actually applies to me
>>
>"we was kings"
>worshipping royal power like a serf
>>
Hailie Selassie is ethnically Amhara, an Afro-Asiatic people. He has no relation to African-Americans who come from West Africa.
>>
>>599848
>East africans have no relation to west africans
>>
File: africa is big.png (124KB, 403x446px) Image search: [Google]
africa is big.png
124KB, 403x446px
>>599851
Africa isn't one single country made up of a single ethnicity m8. It's really fucking big. Just because they're on the same landmass doesn't mean they're inhabited by the same people. Korea isn't inhabited by the Portuguese after all.
>>
>>599858
Half that shit is uninhabitable.
>>
>>599858
>India is the horn of Africa
Ironically accurate taking into account the Indian land-grabbing that's going on today in Ethiopia.
A sad fate for the only country to not be destroyed by the scramble for Africa, to be destroyed by foreign capitals instead of armies.
>>
>>599824
Jews + Black wives = Axium = Ethiopia

>we wuz Israelites(except true)
>>
>>599858
>all that jungle, desert and mountains

mmmm
>>
>>599848
But West Africa had kingdoms too, ranging from Congo delta states to Ghana/Mali/Songhai, Nigerian city states etc.

And no, before you say, it wasn't just Arabs. It was a civilization of its own.
>>
>>599908
>But West Africa had kingdoms too, ranging from Congo delta states to Ghana/Mali/Songhai, Nigerian city states etc.
>And no, before you say, it wasn't just Arabs. It was a civilization of its own.
Mud huts and sticks do not a civilization make.
>>
>>599914
>>
>>599887
>Indian land-grabbing that's going on today in Ethiopia.
Enlighten me please, this sounds surreal
>>
>>599914
Have you studied any history outside /pol/ circlejerks and memes?
>>
File: Djenne_great_mud_mosque.jpg (509KB, 1920x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Djenne_great_mud_mosque.jpg
509KB, 1920x1277px
>>600683
To be fair, even the greatest of monuments constructed by the Sahelian empires is pretty unimpressive.
>>
>>600735
Impressive or not, whats with the mud? Why not just build with poop?
>>
>>600735
It's also Arab.
>>
>>600659
Colonialesque/commiesque land grabs that are supported, accepted and assisted by certain developed nations.
>>
>>600824
Lol no.
>>
>>600880
The idea of building a Mosque is Arab. Before that, it resembles a Byzantine cathedral.
>>
>>600903
It's Islamic you mean?
>>
>>600735
I'm totally willing to grant that this looks like the peak of mud hut technology.
>>
>>599824
Ethiopia is a literal case of WE WUZ KINGS AND SHIT tho.

Not by Ethiopians, but by other Africans. The Green, yellow, and red -the Imperial Standard of Ethiopia- became the Pan-African Colours following the defeat of Italy by Ethiopia. African nationalists went African Pride Worldwide and adopted the standard.
>>
>>599824
Horners represent
>>
>>600916
Because the victory meant a lot to people back then in that time period.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>>599848
>Ras Tafari was Amharic.
>Not half Oromo

His mother had the most stereotypical Oromo name in history
>>
File: pesnt.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pesnt.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>600903
That shit resembles a Byzantine Cathedral?
You must be joking
>>
>>600735
To be fair that thing's pretty big

Has to be, what, 20? 22 metres high?
>>
>>599824
I feel like youre not actually ehtiopian. I bet you're an american black who'se parents told him that their grandfather or someone came from Ethiopia
>>
>>600735
It is a pretty impressive building, considering that whole thing is made with mud.
>>
>>599871
yeah but that if anything makes the inhabitable parts more distinct
if theres a big giant fuckhuge desert in the middle the stuff on one side is probably gonna be different culturally from the shit on the other side
at least i would think. but im not an expert
>>
>>599824
>Ethiopia
>Hundreds of years

Xabash was founded in 1839.
>>
>>599858
They're not the same group, but they are closely related to each other.
>>
>>600735
It looked better until I clicked to see full size.
>>
>>600823
>Impressive or not, whats with the mud?
Mud is one of the best building materials. Wood was Scarce in the Sahel. Stone is impractical and I don't know if there was even suitable stone for quarrying in the Sahel. Makes more sense to use mud. Bricks are just baked clay and they're one of the most common building materials even today. Same reason why Scandis and Slavs only used wood. They used what suited them and their climate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe
>>
>>601572
IIRC there are people in africa who are closer related to aboriginals then people on the other side of africa

then again this was just something i read on the internet and im not sure i recall correctly so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>600735
By what standards? It's pretty impressive considering what materials they have.
>>
>>599824
Horn of Africa is pretty cool.
>>
File: earthship_biotecture_overview.jpg (45KB, 620x301px) Image search: [Google]
earthship_biotecture_overview.jpg
45KB, 620x301px
>>600912
>the peak of mud hut technology
not anymore
>>
Yeah you wuz kings, no issue with that. My issue is with the West African slave descendants in America going full muh heritage and thinking their ancestors were everything from Egyptian pharaohs to king Solomon.
>>
>>600735
>Big, impressive architecture is the sign of a thriving civilization.

People like you are going to praise the soviets, and their satellites in the future.
>>
>>603906
>IIRC there are people in africa who are closer related to aboriginals then people on the other side of africa
Sounds like bullshit but in Madagascar they speak an Austronesian language distantly related to Malay, Maori and even Hawaiian. pretty cool. They look kind of half chinky too.
>>
>>600735
I've heard the original one was actually pretty impressive and that one was built by puritan fundamentalist Arabs as a replacement for the cool one they demolished
>>
>>601572
Africa is the most genetically diverse of all the continents.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.