[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there was an animated Bible cartoon on the other day, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 30

So there was an animated Bible cartoon on the other day, and after Christ comes back from the dead, at the very end Peter asks Him regarding what will happen to John:

>"But what about John?"

And Yeshua says:
>"Don't worry about John, you just follow me."

And it got me thinking; on today's age where people don't exactly follow standard orthodox practices, couldn't you just read the New Testament stories of Jesus and follow Him?

>"Jesus says, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life, but no many comes unto the Father but by me" (John 14:6)

No offense to any Orthodox people or Protestants or Catholics, but it might help if you guys don't divide yourselves, so that other people might actually see the religious people be united, giving them more of a reason to believe.

So if you aren't religious, just food for thought guys. I know it's like "Why bother" but I think if you just take it in for a second and recognize you have a soul, and Christ brings us to God, that instead of buy into all the stereotypes, you could just look into it for yourself and see.
>>
>>595799
>that gif

It's hentai right?
>>
>>595816
No its when Christ is getting crucified one of the two thieves that was with Him says:
>"You didn't even do anything wrong"
And then Christ tells the thief that he has a place in Heaven.
>>
The Orthodox Church is very involved in the ecumenical movement, but that doesn't mean Protestants aren't crypto-Nestorians, which is poisonous to both belief and attitude.
>>
>>595799

That gif is wrong. No one gets to the Kingdom of Heaven until the Second Coming when the dead will be bodily resurrected with the saved going to Jesus and the damnded going to Hell.

The correct translation is "I promise you today, you will be in paradise with me."
>>
>>595831
Heaven just means the spiritual realm.
>>
>>595828
Was looking into different kinds of Christian groups and they all have minor differences.

>>595831
It was a scene from the cartoon, it was a different cartoon I watched but it was after that scene Peter is talking to Iesus on the side about John.
>>
>>595831
"Paradise", by the way, just comes from the Greek word for Garden, as in Eden, which is heaven.
>>
>>595831
No one really knows, the author's intent is intentionally ambiguous.
>>
>>595841

And you will not be getting there until Jesus comes back and resurrects us, we will sleep until then.

Well you might not be, as an Orthodox you are probably one of the damned anyway.
>>
>>595863
That's the kind of division I mentioned in the OP

>guys don't divide yourselves, so that other people might actually see the religious people be united
>>
>>595845
>Was looking into different kinds of Christian groups and they all have minor differences.
You might be able to say this about Catholics, Orthodox, and Anglicans, but protestants are entirely different. The newer branches of Protestantism are so far removed from the apostolic tradition in both practice and theology that they can sometimes hardly be called Christians in the proper sense at all.
>>
>>595875
It's not necessarily a good thing for people to see the Orthodox Church united with the fundamentalist camp (John Hagee, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc.) Neither is it good to see us united with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

We can unite for certain causes, we can be loving. But there are major differences.
>>
>>595875

I don't care what you said in the OP.

Constantine is going to suffer the Second Death in the Pit of Fire if he doesn't repent. Hopefully for him this might mean he is just destroyed altogether but it could mean an eternity of pain, no one is really certain.
>>
>>595881
But the term "Christian" comes from the name Christ. That is important.

>>595887
I guess, when I was actively involved in a church there is nothing like seeing rivalries and banters towards other groups of people.
>>
>>595889
God bless. I truly shall be condoned and you will be forgiven, brother. I alone am the sinner.
>>
>>595889

"Blessed are the merciful, for they will shown mercy"

>she said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”]](John 8:11)
>>
>>595901
>I guess, when I was actively involved in a church there is nothing like seeing rivalries and banters towards other groups of people.
There's going to be a problem when you have groups with moral discrepancies. On one side, you have those who say fornication and homosexuality are okay, and on the other you have people who think the Jews are still God's Chosen People and we must aid them, and that usury makes you a pillar of the community, and how you should pray to be a millionaire. These are very serious issues, it's not just minor quibbling.
>>
>>595903
*condemned
heh
>>
>>595903
>>595908

>They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:42
>>
>>595922
I truly am among the damned, for I am the worst of sinners. Whenever I so much as pray for anything but mercy and bread I am wrong.
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137KB, 1010x274px) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137KB, 1010x274px
>>595922
>>
>>595931

You should buy you're own bread and thank the Lord for it and pray for righteousness. The Lord isn't there to hand you presents.
>>
>>595940
I ask him for bread because that is part of how Christ taught us to pray.
>>
>>595935

Introducing pagan philosophy into Christianity is where people go wrong. The Lord's word is divine revelation.
>>
>>595799
Anyone remember that Adam and Eve bible cartoon from the 80s, with Tim Curry as the snake?
>>
>>595853
I thought the word was Persian in origin?
>>
>>595945
Ultimately, I mean how it came to be used in English
>>
>>595826
>actual criminals get to go to heaven immediately because they said a nice thing to Jesus
>live an amazing life, help everyone, but don't believe in Jesus? Have fun in Hell

Christianity, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>595942
This retard is why you can't take religion like Christianity as philosophy.

It's not up for any kind of debate with him, because his magic invisible sky man said so.
>>
>>595964
That's not how it works. It is probably a lot different trying to repent with nails in your body.

You just have to put it in a better context.
>>
>>595799
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but your cartoon was probably made by Catholics and was trying to put forth the idea that Peter was the principle follower of Christ. They trace the office of Papacy back to him.

I'll bet the whole, "You are the rock on which I will build my Church" quote was in the movie as well.
>>
>>595972
But in all fucking seriousness, even if this dude was truly sorry, he should at least have to stay in Purgatory or whatever for a bit. He did something bad.

Whereas the philanthropist who spends his entire billion dollar fortune to help people gets to burn in hell because he didn't go to church on sundays. That's fucked up.
>>
>>595969
Not that anon. Christianity is a philosophy to know God and live a good life.

Sometimes when it is presented to you, it is a threat, which is kind of what I wanted to get into ITT.

Also, "invisible sky daddy", that term needs to go hahaha.
>>
>>595964
>>595826

Thief is probably another mistranslation anyway. The Romans didn't crucify thieves. The word translated is bandit i.e. probably some sort of rebel enemy of the Roman state, which are the sort of people Rome did crucify.
>>
>>595987
I'd address its merits as a philosophy if it ever got away from the batshit insane "this is all moral because a being that no one has ever seen or heard said so. So how do we know he's real? Cuz I said so"

Theism is cancer.
>>
>>595981
No, the voice acting was 4/10 if anything haha. They didn't make it point to Peter being the head of the church or anything, it was just a little extra conversation at the end and got me thinking.
>>
File: hell-fire-1[1].jpg (217KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
hell-fire-1[1].jpg
217KB, 1024x478px
>>595984
Yeah otherwise that wouldn't be fair if anything good happened to someone who wasn't a Christian.

As we all know God is very fair.
>>
>>595984
We can't go and found out where the thief went, same thing for us when we die, there is a good chance we have to go through some series of events before we go to Heaven, Hell, or Reincarnation, you know?

He did die with Jesus though.

>>595990
Still is recorded to die with two other people.

>>595992
It is about application and you have the decision whether or not to choose to be a "theist" or "atheist"
>>
>>595981
Peter probably was the Apostle of highest honor. He didn't have the kind of powers the Pope had, and in fact he wasn't even the first Patriarch of the First See, James the Just was, but Peter was considered the senior brother of the Church, so to speak..
>>
File: jesus-with-disciples09sm.jpg (35KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-with-disciples09sm.jpg
35KB, 400x226px
The Beatitudes from Matthew (5:3 - 10)

>Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Poor in spirit can mean "humility", when we have eradicated senses of false pride and false ego, we are humble.

>Blessed are they that mourn for they will be comforted

All pain is temporary

>Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the land

Those who cultivate resourcefulness, nicely done.

>Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be satisfied

All beings are taken care of to some extent, birds find food but no one feeds them, for they are given their portion by God. As for us, we recieve what is also our portion.

>Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy

It might be hard for some to show "mercy" and forgiveness, but at the same time, we have to understand the same mercy we seek out for ourselves is what we must give to others

>Blessed are the clean of heart for they will see God.

If you have a pure heart and a just mind, to "see" God is the ability to notice God in your everyday life, but it is for those with a clean heart.

>Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God

When we forget to make peace for the sake of persecuting others, we do not truly represent being devotees of God. Those who cease conflict for the sake of peace, this is a good thing.

>Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven

It is unfortunate we live in a world that persecuted the righteous, and makes those who lack righteousness rule as the elite.

-

Just some commentary for "non-believers" if you are interested. It can difficult to watch an easy teaching fade due to popular media exploitation of those who supposedly represent it.
>>
>>595981
>I'll bet the whole, "You are the rock on which I will build my Church" quote was in the movie as well.

It's in the Bible too.

Maybe you should read it sometime.
>>
File: 2960901731_5be61b0d99.jpg (71KB, 296x438px) Image search: [Google]
2960901731_5be61b0d99.jpg
71KB, 296x438px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

This video is pretty good.
>>
Protestants cannot by definition be Christian especially when we have Early Christianity to testify to this very fact.
>>
>>596948
What do Protestants do that is so much more radically different than the other forms of Christianity?
>>
>>596935
This is called shit theology
>>
>>596978
Let this be a start

>>After all, in their exegesis the early Church theologians neither received the Bible as a 'Bible without notes' nor interpreted it in a vacuum. They received along with the Bible a tradition of interpreting it for a worshipping community and they proceeded to interpret it for a worshipping community. The study of the Bible as a scientific discipline to be carried on for its own sake was very far from their thought, and at all times has been, one suspects, a mere will-o'-the-wisp. This does not mean that the Fathers sacrificed everything for the sake of the edification of the faithful or for the consistent articulation of a doctrinal system. They sacrificed too much for these ends, but they were not unconscious of limits and controls on this process imposed by the Bible itself. Their purpose in exegesis was nevertheless purely practical, and we do not understand their exegesis until we understand this. They began the story of the Church's relations with the Bible, in which the Bible and the life of the Church were to interact for all the centuries to come, each correcting, deepening, fertilising the other. They inaugurated the Church's dance with the Bible, fancifully perhaps, but not irresponsibly, perhaps erratically, but at least gaily.-Cambridge History of the Bible, pg 453

This destroys sola scriptura
>>
File: 2016-01-17-19-07-08--1758659084.jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17-19-07-08--1758659084.jpg
12KB, 224x225px
>>596979
No way dude. This dude has really really good points in the video and really helps us understand the relationship with God and Christ is directness and not some superficial means in a corrupted church.

Church also meant assembly at one point.
>>
>>596993
More like yes way.

This sort of shit is why people are hating Christianity even more right now.

It's so shallow and bland that it's better, much better to be a fucking fedora.

It treats Jesus as some cosmic credit card that one can use so that one can sin all they want since Jesus paid it already. It's cowardice.
>>
>>596986
What is Sola scripture? And that is from the Cambridge History if the Bible?

Christians are Chtistians if they follow the teachings of Jesus in the Bible and believes in the Resurrection, these are pretty much the 2 basic things in Christian religion.

Not sure about the other two sources just because Christ is in the Bible first
>>
>>597002
Nah man, the dude in the video talks about how you can't just use Christianity as a mask so you can go out and continue to sin.

Christianity is a path before it is a religion.
>>
>>597006
>being this ignorant about Christianity
>Not knowing that the Cambridge History of the Bible is a scholarly publication

Christians are Christians if their beliefs and doctrines match up or are compatible to that of their early forebearers. Protestants are out of the list by this very definition even if they dare claim to follow the teachings of Jesus since they can't even agree on matters of Faith itself which is a mark of a false and heretical church.
>>
>>597019
Not to be the ignorant Christian stereotype for a second, but I don't really care how scholarly that source is, because Christianity is truly defined by Christ in the New Testament and the people who actually follow Him.

I would read it at some point, look it up later actually.

Protestants are the mystery church according to Catholics, and Catholics are the mystery church according to the Protestants? It is this kind of division that keeps people away from even looking at the New Testament.
>>
>>597012
He also says he isn't judgmental, only to be that and arrogant.

He also claimed that Jesus done everything for you which means you don't have to do anything.

That's just shit theology
>>
>>595799
Am I picking up a Kierkegaard-esque theme here?
>>
>>597039
And how do you know what Christ is saying when Christianity as defined by Christ has conflicting definitions and by playing the rule of looking at Scripture Alone, we can't even know or discern what that very teaching is to begin with when everyone just go "muh scripture".

Christianity had dealt with division since its infancy. But only the one guided by Christ is the one that survived. Deal with it.
>>
>>597040
>He also says he isn't judgmental, only to be that arrogant
It doesn't matter what religion or not you are or are not, we all can get like that
>He also claimed that Jesus done everything for you which means you don't have to do anything
The dude in the video mentioned something actually doing something about anything, rather than looking good on the outside.

Are you a Christian? I feel like the video ->>596935 could help someone understand what it actually means to be a Christian.

Besides, it is a poem, it wasn't meant to be a theology course.
>>
Jesus literal christ you abrahamics are cancer.
>>
>>597055

>And how do you know what Christ is saying when Christianity as defined by Christ has conflicting definitions and by playing the rule of looking at Scripture Alone
What Christ reveals throughout the Gospel is really easy to digest.

>we can't even know or discern what that very teaching is to begin with when everyone just go "muh scripture".

Not everyone is only about "muh scripture" though I do understand when people use scripture phrases constantly and your like "really?"

It is about practical analysis too, and knowing and feeling God throughout your daily lifestyle. It develops over time.
>>
>>597064
>The dude in the video mentioned something actually doing something about anything, rather than looking good on the outside.
Only to later note that you can't do anything. Such as,

>See, because religion says "do"; Jesus says "done"
It seems that religion is the one saying one must "do" for one is a free agent who is capable of self determination. The other is saying "done", being lazy to admit responsibility. To play into the disgusting puppet theology of Calvinism. Not surprising when the goy who sang that shit is from a Reformed church.
>>
>>597002
>It treats Jesus as some cosmic credit card that one can use so that one can sin all they want since Jesus paid it already. It's cowardice.

You just described all Christians, family.
>>
>>597072
>What Christ reveals throughout the Gospel is really easy to digest.
So why are there so many different version of Christ out there all claiming to be that which he revealed?

>Not everyone is only about "muh scripture" though I do understand when people use scripture phrases constantly and your like "really?"
Only the Catholics and Orthodox and maybe the Anglicans. The Protestants on the other hand play the game this way and have to since to not do so is to breach their very core rule of sola scriptura.

Everyone uses Scripture phrases. It's only a matter of whether the beliefs and interpretation of said Scripture as represented by the consensus of the Church Fathers are to be also taken on equal grounds or not.

>It is about practical analysis too, and knowing and feeling God throughout your daily lifestyle. It develops over time.
This has nothing to do with the topic of contention.
>>
File: religious-sympathy-quotes.jpg (470KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
religious-sympathy-quotes.jpg
470KB, 1500x1125px
Just a little perspective boost on what Christianity is when it is applied.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5RP6mQK4N8

>>597078

It was from a poem man, how you interpret what he really mean "do" and "done" by is going to be different than other ones.

>>597084
It is true, Christians believe in the forgiveness of sins by understanding Christ as the Messiah, Christ's Crucifixion and Christ's Resurrection.

Though it isn't just about "I believe it that's all I need to do" because it's not, it is truly about helping others before it is about theological disputes.
>>
>>597084
That's just for modern Evangelicals.

Those like Calvin for example would make it even worse by treating it as a god who has anger issues beating his own son up who is also god to vent his anger.
>>
>>597100
>m-muh poem
So tell me what that it means then since you are so smart.

The context of this poem is pretty clear, a promotion of wishy washy credit card jesus theology, sola fide and the belief that you can't do anything to be saved so Jesus will do EVERYTHING for you.

The goy who made it is a fucking Calvinist, the worst kind of Protestantism ever.
>>
>>595799
Catholics and Orthodox (~70% of Christians) both believe that they are the only churches with the fullness of truth.

Protestants (in general) believe that there is a sort of invisible church uniting all Christians.

Different people can read a single verse and have vastly different interpretations, this is why I think it's important to rely on the church (tragedy of the Great Schism aside) rather than solely on scripture.

Relying only on scripture is not traditionally how Christianity worked and it doesn't create unity, just the opposite.
>>
>>597085
>So why are there so many different version of Christ out there all claiming to be that which he revealed?
That's what I wanna know!

>Everyone uses Scripture phrases. It's only a matter of whether the beliefs and interpretation of said Scripture as represented by the consensus of the Church Fathers are to be also taken on equal grounds or not.

A matter of belief and interpretation, "it is about practical analysis too, and knowing and feeling God throughout your daily lifestyle. It develops over time." too..

The term Chruch "Father" is unsettling. There is One Father, and the priests should go by a term with more humility. Sometimes people need to read the Bible outside of the "what the church tells you", sometimes,bit really depends what your needs are?
>>
>>595799
>So if you aren't religious
>>595799
>and recognize you have a soul

I don't get it
>>
>>597110
It means I liked the poem dawq.

>the context of this poem is pretty clear, a promotion of wishy washy credit card jesus theology, sola fide and the belief that you can't do anything to be saved so Jesus will do EVERYTHING for you.
It also is more about "acting" rather than doing nothing for your salvation.

>The goy who made it is a fucking Calvinist, the worst kind of Protestantism ever.
I wouldn't label his religious preference it is just a term to loosely describe how he views his experience and standard belief in Jesus?
>>
>>597113
>That's what I wanna know
here's a hint. It only happens to the heretics that practice sola scriptura.

>A matter of belief and interpretation
theological relativism in a nutshell, god can be whatever I want him to be since I can just say "das how I interpret muh scriptures"

>The term Chruch "Father" is unsettling
It isn't dumbass. Only to a retard like you. Just because I call someone "father" or a "father of X" doesn't mean that it is wrong and god is pissed as fuck because of it. Otherwise singers like PSY will go to hell for literally making a whole song referring to a certain "daddy" which of course is just another word for father and he certainly wasn't talking about god in this sense.

Here we go with the typical Protcuck arrogance.
>>
>>597111
>Relying only on scripture is not traditionally how Christianity worked and it doesn't create unity, just the opposite.

I don't think so. If you had a few "non-believers" read the Gospels and then observed them talk about it, they would all cultivate off of eachother and learn Jesus' righteousness (if they ended up converting)

Take the same/different group of "non-believers" and told them to believe in Christ by observing Protestant and Catholic practices, and they would wonder why people who claim to love Jesus so much have such a rivalry towards eachother, and most likely not convert.
>>
>>597115
As someone who is "religious", is just saying that the person is more than the body, and has a soul.

So when you die, where does this soul and it's energy go?
>>
>>597119
>It also is more about "acting"
Nope. Later on the lines make it very clear that you are just a passive puppet in Salvation, following the doctrine of sola fide because all that matters is someone else did everything for you so you don't need anything.

>I wouldn't label his religious preference it is just a term to loosely describe how he views his experience and standard belief in Jesus?
Too bad if it hurts your shitty feelings Evangelicuck.

He is a fucking Reformed and that's not a loose description unless one wants to go the Tumblr route where I can say I'm male to loosely describe my gender and maybe tomorrow be non gender or bi-gender or whatever since it is just "loose".

Your beliefs are a fucking joke.
>>
>>597123
>Here's a hint. It only happens to the heretics that practice sola scriptura.
Here is a hint, there are many ways to be heretical.

>A matter of belief and interpretation
theological relativism in a nutshell, god can be whatever I want him to be since I can just say "das how I interpret muh scriptures"

It isn't "God is whatever I want", it is about beginning to find out who God is.

Understanding the eternal relationship with God, and actually follow Him.

>The term Chruch "Father" is unsettling
It isn't dumbass. Only to a retard like you. Just because I call someone "father" or a "father of X" doesn't mean that it is wrong and god is pissed as fuck because of it. Otherwise singers like PSY will go to hell for literally making a whole song referring to a certain "daddy" which of course is just another word for father and he certainly wasn't talking about god in this sense.

Was just mentioning how the term made me feel.
>>
>>597128
Scripture Alone becomes irrelevant once we understand the history of the Bible itself. Here's Reformed Protestant ANS Lane explaining it,

In the New Testament a twofold attitude to tr adition can be discerned. The tradition of the (Jewish) elders, together with ot her human traditi on, is rejected. 7 At the same time there is good apostolic tradition which is simply the Christian faith as it was proclaimed and transmitted by the apostles and their associates. 8 The New Testament writings sprang out of this latter tradition at different stages in its history. There is therefor e an important sense in which (apostolic) tradition precedes Scripture, an aspect largely ignored by traditional Protestant theology. But although this has important implications for the origin of the New Testament it does not foreclose the question of the subsequent relation between Scripture and tradition. The New Testament may derive from th e original apostolic tradition but once it was produced it became distinct from that traditi on and the relation between the two became an open question. It also became a question which c ould not long be ignored for the original apostolic tradition did not sudde nly die when the New Testamen t was produced but remained as the context in which it was read and interpreted.

http://biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/vox/vol09/scripture_lane.pdf
>>
>>597133

>Nope. Later on the lines make it very clear that you are just a passive puppet in Salvation, following the doctrine of sola fide because all that matters is someone else did everything for you so you don't need anything.
But he also says to act, rather than do nothing.

>too bad if it hurts your shitty feelings Evangelicuck.
It was a good video.

>He is a fucking Reformed and that's not a loose description unless one wants to go the Tumblr route where I can say I'm male to loosely describe my gender and maybe tomorrow be non gender or bi-gender or whatever since it is just "loose".
I don't know what your argument is anymore?

>Your beliefs are a fucking joke.
So you analyze other Christians beliefs and say they aren't good even though you don't actually trust the statements made by Christians?

Like if you are Christian, I get you bias towards another kind of church, but if you aren't Christian why would you care if he is a church reformists and say he is ruining the church you don't actually care about?
>>
>>597138
>Here is a hint, there are many ways to be heretical.
Sola Scriptura is one of the many ways to do it.

>It isn't "God is whatever I want", it is about beginning to find out who God is.
And the way Protestants try to find this leads to theological solipsism.

>Was just mentioning how the term made me feel.
Waah waah muh feelings the response. Time to go back to Tumblr
>>
>>597149
>But he also says to act, rather than do nothing.
And no actual proof of this. He actually says on the contrary such as how Jesus did everything for him, how whatever one does doesn't matter.

>It was a good video.
For those that want to get their daily dose of cuddly shit feelings from crap jesus.

>I don't know what your argument is anymore?
Well, I wouldn't expect a wishy washy dumbed down evangelical to understand anyways.

>So you analyze other Christians beliefs and say they aren't good even though you don't actually trust the statements made by Christians?
I analyze the beliefs of the differing Christian sects and contrast and compare them to history. If they contradict or oppose it then they are false regardless of whatever they say unless they can also show their statements to have basis in history.

Now what's wrong with that? Does it hurt your feels you crap snowflake?

>Like if you are Christian, I get you bias towards another kind of church
My bias is based on history and facts, not your own subjective and biased projections into historical texts.
>>
>>597144
I'm having a really hard time reading that, does that mean they believe in scripture and the works of the apostles or?

>Yeshua knew their designs, and he said to them, “Every Kingdom that is divided against itself will be destroyed and every house and city that is divided against itself will not stand. (Matthew 12:25)

They both believe in Christ so... yeah.

>>597151
>Sola Scriptura is one of the many ways to do it.
Still don't know what sola scriptura is

>and the way Protestants try to find this leads to theological solipsism.
Maybe. "Try to find" is something we all should do

>Waah waah muh feelings the response. Time to go back to Tumblr
No
>>
File: Something is wrong.jpg (106KB, 708x720px) Image search: [Google]
Something is wrong.jpg
106KB, 708x720px
>>595981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIxkrFgb0CI
>>
>>597179
To make it easier for your dumbed down brain, it means you cannot have Scripture Alone. Reading the Bible alone isn't enough.

>They both believe in Christ so... yeah.
So do many of the heretics though to be more accurate, believe in differing versions of Christ.

>Still don't know what sola scriptura is
And you can't even be bothered to google it on the very least to find out.

>Try to find" is something we all should do
Which by definition is already impossible. It's like trying to find a married bachelor.
>>
>>597176
>And no actual proof of this. He actually says on the contrary such as how Jesus did everything for him, how whatever one does doesn't matter.
But Christ does do everything, but we still do stuff for ourself too. Practical analysis man, don't look at the poem like it is scripture.

>for those that want to get their daily dose of cuddly shit feelings from crap jesus.
I love Jesus, nothing like having a cuddly feeling from God who loves you.

>well, I wouldn't expect a wishy washy dumbed down evangelical to understand anyways.
Still don't understand what your trying to get at. It was a good video. Evangelism is nice, gives people an active principle to understand Jesus in a way that makes sense.

>i analyze the beliefs of the differing Christian sects and contrast and compare them to history. If they contradict or oppose it then they are false regardless of whatever they say unless they can also show their statements to have basis in history.

But are you even a Christian? Most Christians would like those videos and most likely agree.

It is good too look into history but the present day situation is the present situation.

>Now what's wrong with that? Does it hurt your feels you crap snowflake?

So are you a Christian analyzing the information or not?

>My bias is based on history and facts, not your own subjective and biased projections into historical texts.

If anything, your bias is just as subjective and biased as mine.

If you actually agreed with any historical evidence you wouldn't be using terms like "Evangelicuck" and "he's a fucking protestant reformists"

You clearly have a bias against Christianity no offense, but that is how your "objective bias" comes off as
>>
>>597192
>To make it easier for your dumbed down brain, it means you cannot have Scripture Alone. Reading the Bible alone isn't enough.

I agree, scripture without practice is nothing.

>so do many of the heretics though to be more accurate, believe in differing versions of Christ.
But heretics is anyone that isn't affiliated with your group and your "perfect groups" are heretical to someone else

>and you can't even be bothered to google it on the very least to find out.
Still don't get what sola scriptura is?

>which by definition is already impossible. It's like trying to find a married bachelor.

It isn't impossible, your relationship to God is eternal, and at some point or another we all should at least try.
>>
>>597200
>don't look at the poem like it is scripture.
So you expect me not to read the poem which is meant to tell me why someones crap beliefs are right and that of religion to be wrong which explicitly states that "doing" is wrong since it is what religions command of its adherents and then say here that you must do something?

This is plain stupid. If any by the definition of Sola Fide, you aren't even doing anything at all since it is just God mind controlling you, a motif that the poem uses as well.

>nothing like having a cuddly feeling from God who loves you.
Nothing like having a cuddly feeling from Allah whose words are in the Quran who loves you.

>It was a good video
Only to idiots like you.

>Evangelism is nice
It is if it isn't about how your elk does it.

>Most Christians would like those videos and most likely agree.
Only Protestants who are by definition not Christian.

>So are you a Christian analyzing the information or not?
I do my part by understanding the history of the Bible and of Early Christianity and its progression. And I don't resort to apologetics to do so.

>your bias is just as subjective and biased as mine.
Presuppositionalist bullshit 101

>If you actually agreed with any historical evidence you wouldn't be using terms like "Evangelicuck" and "he's a fucking protestant reformists"
Because historical evidence is to the contrary of the beliefs of Protestantism and dumbarses like you.

>You clearly have a bias against Christianity no offense, but that is how your "objective bias" comes off as
Bias against shit like you which has no grounds in history. Presuppositionalism is pseudophilosophy. No one takes that shit seriously.
>>
>>597205
>I agree, scripture without practice is nothing.
And so is Scripture without Tradition.

>But heretics is anyone that isn't affiliated with your group and your "perfect groups" are heretical to someone else
Because the other groups have contradictory beliefs which doesn't even have any grounds or connection to the Apostles, Tradition and Scripture you numbnut.

>don't get what sola scriptura is?
Still waiting for you to grow a brain.

>It isn't impossible, your relationship to God is eternal, and at some point or another we all should at least try
And not addressing the problem statement and instead just dancing around it. Protestants are really just a bunch of fallacious idiots
>>
>>597219
>This is plain stupid. If any by the definition of Sola Fide, you aren't even doing anything at all since it is just God mind controlling you, a motif that the poem uses as well.

We have free will.

Proverbs 25:2 -It is the glory of God to hide things but the glory of kings to investigate them.

God doesn't spoon-fed us our experienced if we want to go out and investigate we can.

>Nothing like having a cuddly feeling from Allah whose words are in the Quran who loves you.
Hey man if you are getting faith from God somewhere that's cool, just here to talk about Yeshua.

>Only Protestants who are by definition not Christian.

By your definition maybe, but I can't take your argument seriously anymore.
>>
>>597242

>Because the other groups have contradictory beliefs which doesn't even have any grounds or connection to the Apostles, Tradition and Scripture you numbnut.

Yeah they do

If they believe Christ lived and died, and live a pious life for God, that is Christian.

If they use the religion as a label for themselves, then that is their problem.
>>
>>597261
>We have free will.
Not according to Calvinism and the guy who made that shitty poem.

>God doesn't spoon-fed us our experienced if we want to go out and investigate we can.
But of course all that investigating is pointless when there is no truth out there or the external world is such that there is no way of even knowing the truth which is what sola scriptura does.

>Hey man if you are getting faith from God somewhere that's cool, just here to talk about Yeshua.
And I'm just here showing how idiotic your beliefs are.

>By your definition maybe, but I can't take your argument seriously anymore.
My definition takes history into account and the beliefs of the Early Christians. Yours don't.
>>
>>597278
>If they believe Christ lived and died, and live a pious life for God, that is Christian.
By this definition even Muslims are Christian. Even Muhammad is one by this very definition!

>If they use the religion as a label for themselves, then that is their problem.
And same with the Protestants which is why they and you aren't Christian
>>
>>597281
>not according to Calvinism and the guy who made that shitty poem.

Do you believe in free will? Because if you do, what need is your distress. It is just a poem. He implies Jesus does things for us, but we need to start acting ourselves.

>but of course all that investigating is pointless when there is no truth out there or the external world is such that there is no way of even knowing the truth which is what sola scriptura does.
Investigating isn't pointless, that is the mindless drone is believing there is no truth out there whatsoever. You have to make a conscious decision to step forwards, otherwise the only one robbing you of your free will is yourself.

>and I'm just here showing how idiotic your beliefs are.
Based off of scientific conclusions ?

>my definition takes history into account and the beliefs of the Early Christians. Yours don't.
You really haven't brought I any good historical resources at all. Early Christians believed in Jesus, it isn't that hard to wrap your head around and understand that their are different types of Christians depending on their religious values prior to their conversion.
>>
>>597286
>Muslims are Christians
Christ lived and died on a cross and three days later Resurrected. Christians are the only religion to believe this exclusively.

>you aren't Christian
I'm pretty Christian, I'm not a protestant or a Catholic or whatever "label" you guys try and use to define something that is as simple as reading the Gospel, just one book if you want, and figuring out what it actually means to be a Christian for yourself.
>>
>>597295
>Do you believe in free will? Because if you do, what need is your distress.
Once you believe in Sola Fide or whatever is written in that shitty poem, free will is pretty much just a window dressed word with no significant meaning.

>He implies Jesus does things for us, but we need to start acting ourselves.
He didn't. He implies that Jesus does EVERYTHING for us and the only ones acting for themselves are those who follow religion.

>Investigating isn't pointless, that is the mindless drone is believing there is no truth out there whatsoever.
Here, you are misrepresenting my point. The point is if sola scriptura is true, then any act of investigating the meaning of the Bible would be pointless.

>Based off of scientific conclusions ?
Based on your own words and shitty arguments.

>You really haven't brought I any good historical resources at all.
This is a huge fucking lie. I had cited from ANS Lane and the Cambridge History of the Bible ITT. These are scholarly historical sources.

>Early Christians believed in Jesus, it isn't that hard to wrap your head around and understand that their are different types of Christians depending on their religious values prior to their conversion.
Yeah no shit sherlock. It isn't hard to wrap your head around the fact that the Church Fathers while being different have a consensus and agreement on core issues of doctrine. This is unlike the Protestants.
>>
File: 1443211184566.png (135KB, 672x718px) Image search: [Google]
1443211184566.png
135KB, 672x718px
The only thing shakier than Christian scriptures is Christian history. You 'muh tradition' cucks are literally a cancer.
>>
>>597311
>Christ lived and died on a cross and three days later Resurrected. Christians are the only religion to believe this exclusively.
So are the Arians who don't believe that Jesus is God or the Gnostics as well who are heretics. But by that logic even they are perfectly non heretical Christians.

>I'm pretty Christian
Your beliefs have no basis in history.

>simple as reading the Gospel, just one book if you want, and figuring out what it actually means to be a Christian for yourself.
No wonder we have all those Protestdumbs squabbling with each other and having different versions of Jesus. It's not simple you dumbass, deal with it.
>>
>>597339
Show me a Church Father that believes in Sola Scriptura.

Go on, you can't.
>>
File: image.jpg (221KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 640x1136px
>>597339
Protestantism isn't Christian. Deal with it faggot
>>
>>597344

Show me a Church Father who wasn't a self-righteous slanderer and murderous zealot.

Go on, you can't.
>>
>>597328
>once you believe in Sola Fide or whatever is written in that shitty poem, free will is pretty much just a window dressed word with no significant meaning.
Not really, those videos helped me realize it isn't just about calling myself a Christian buy actually doing something to make a difference.

I control my free will.

>He didn't. He implies that Jesus does EVERYTHING for us and the only ones acting for themselves are those who follow religion.

No, he mentions how God helps us and we also need to stand up and not just use Christianity as a label.

>Here, you are misrepresenting my point. The point is if sola scriptura is true, then any act of investigating the meaning of the Bible would be pointless.

So research of a historical documents is pointless?

>This is a huge fucking lie. I had cited from ANS Lane and the Cambridge History of the Bible ITT. These are scholarly historical sources.

The Bible is the source so why would investigating it's meaning be pointless? Why would those "scholarly" sources have any validity over the Bible which is easy to read you open it and understand Christ, His way, and really simple understanding through the 16 - 28 Chapters in a Gospel.

That cambridge book is like $120 you can get a Bible super cheap
>>
>>597349
Is Clement of Rome a self righteous slanderer?

How about Ignatius of Antioch?

Justin Martyr?

Irenaeus?

Stupid Protcucks.
>>
>>597340
>So are the Arians who don't believe that Jesus is God or the Gnostics as well who are heretics. But by that logic even they are perfectly non heretical Christians.
If you don't believe in Christ then you are not a Christian. If you know He lived, died and was buried and rose again and is still alive as the Holy Spirit, you might be a Christian haha

>Your beliefs have no basis in history.

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. Like because I'm a Christian that means I don't look at history and can only follow my beliefs blindly because someone online said so? No.

I'm talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

>no wonder we have all those Protestdumbs squabbling with each other and having different versions of Jesus. It's not simple you dumbass, deal with it.

It is that simple and it unfortunate that these "Christian's" aren't even getting along and are too busy trying to burn eachother at a stake.

It is one thing to say you believe in Christ and another thing to actually show you believe in Christ.

Christians persecuting eachother as heretics? That is not Christianity.
>>
>>597355

I'm not a protestant. I find both camps to be equally ridiculous, but the constant appeals to tradition are even more insufferable than flavor-of-the-week protestant cuckoldry.
>>
>>597350
>those videos helped me realize it isn't just about calling myself a Christian buy actually doing something to make a difference.
And those videos in their own words showed the complete opposite of what you are saying here. How much more dishonest can you get you lying cunt?

>I control my free will.
Which is non existent if you believe in the shit that guy said in his poem or becomes contradictory and thus make your beliefs illogical.

>No, he mentions how God helps us and we also need to stand up and not just use Christianity as a label.
Mere assertions and not one reference to the words of the poem.

The poem said that religion teaches people to "do" and his version of Jesus "done". That the person cannot do anything and Jesus does all.

Now that's completely different from the shit you are parroting.

>So research of a historical documents is pointless?
Historical methodology don't use sola scriptura dumbass.

>The Bible is the source so why would investigating it's meaning be pointless?
Again my point is very clear that it's pointless under Sola Scriptura you dipshit.

>Why would those "scholarly" sources have any validity over the Bible which is easy to read you open it and understand Christ
Because it is peer reviewed and goes deep into the very cultural and historical factors that shaped the Bible and Christianity. It understands that the Bible isn't a simple kid's storybook you idiotic manchild.

Price is no excuse when it comes to the validity of something over one's own shitty interpretation of the Bible which Protestants who read it can't even agree on its meaning.
>>
>>597370
>If you know He lived, died and was buried and rose again and is still alive as the Holy Spirit, you might be a Christian haha
Which simply doesn't answer the point I had made. Great job dumbcuck.

>Like because I'm a Christian that means I don't look at history and can only follow my beliefs blindly because someone online said so?
All that someone online is telling you to do is to look at history and test them against your shitty current beliefs. How fucking hard is that? Once you do that, you can see how nonsensical your beliefs are.

>I'm talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Which Protcucks can't even agree upon its meaning. Same with you and your elk.

>It is that simple and it unfortunate that these "Christian's" aren't even getting along and are too busy trying to burn eachother at a stake.
And this is what your shitty belief did to them in the first place. It ain't the Catholics. It ain't the Church Fathers. It ain't the Bible but how idiots like you and the Reformers approach the Bible and even take books out of it!

>Christians persecuting eachother as heretics? That is not Christianity.
Here we see more arrogant self righteousness.
>>
>>597378
Appeals to tradition isn't when you fucking understand what the fuck it means.

Tradition is simply that which is historically believed.

If something isn't that which is historically believed, it isn't X but an innovation added to X.
>>
>>597382

>and those videos in their own words showed the complete opposite of what you are saying here. How much more dishonest can you get you lying cunt?

Yikes, it's okay man. Just saying, it is one thing to say you believe in Christ, but if you aren't gonna do anything about it, then you are lazy, and that is when you lose your own free will.

>which is non existent if you believe in the shit that guy said in his poem or becomes contradictory and thus make your beliefs illogical.
I have the free will to know the guy in the videos was talking about free will rather than sit down and be useless and be faith without works.

>mere assertions and not one reference to the words of the poem.
So you didn't like the poem we get it

>the poem said that religion teaches people to "do" and his version of Jesus "done". That the person cannot do anything and Jesus does all.

So your are also good at having an "objective historical stance" and misinterpret one line of poetry ok cool.

>Now that's completely different from the shit you are parroting.
Nah man, just relax, it's gonna be okay.

>historical methodology don't use sola scriptura dumbass.

So?

>again my point is very clear that it's pointless under Sola Scriptura you dipshit.

So?

>bause it is peer reviewed and goes deep into the very cultural and historical factors that shaped the Bible and Christianity. It understands that the Bible isn't a simple kid's storybook you idiotic manchild.

Yeah but I'd rather watch a cartoon than read a fucking book written by people's interpretations of the Bible when I can read the Bible really quick lol.

Not about to blow $120 dollars on some book about another book

>Price is no excuse when it comes to the validity of something over one's own shitty interpretation of the Bible which Protestants who read it can't even agree on its meaning.

Yeah but the Bible is cheaper man and people just hand out the NT nowadays.
>>
>>597400
>Just saying, it is one thing to say you believe in Christ, but if you aren't gonna do anything about it, then you are lazy, and that is when you lose your own free will.

No one loses their free will by being lazy you dumbass. They simply made the choice to do so.

>I have the free will to know the guy in the videos was talking about free will rather than sit down and be useless and be faith without works.

How much more idiotic can you get? Free will is not the central theme of the shitty poem he made autistic cuck. He also never said anything about "faith without works".

>So you didn't like the poem we get it
Yeah so? That point was simply addressing your misrepresentation of the poem's meanings idiot.

>So your are also good at having an "objective historical stance" and misinterpret one line of poetry ok cool.
You have no right to even say this when you can't even show me where I'm wrong. More logical fallacy from the Evangelidumbo.

>Yeah but I'd rather watch a cartoon than read a fucking book written by people's interpretations of the Bible when I can read the Bible really quick lol.
More excuses and self righteous arrogance right there. Hypocrite fuck.

>Yeah but the Bible is cheaper man and people just hand out the NT nowadays.
That doesn't discredit academical publications on the subject of the Bible which go through them in much more detail and accuracy compared to the shit pastors of Protestdumbism and shitheads like you
>>
>>597393#

>all that someone online is telling you to do is to look at history and test them against your shitty current beliefs. How fucking hard is that? Once you do that, you can see how nonsensical your beliefs are.

But I already have questioned my beliefs, I could really care less for comments about people being "sorry" for you because you believe in God. They dont ** actually look out for you.

>which Protcucks can't even agree upon its meaning. Same with you and your elk.
Lol, okay, but they believe in Christ living, dying, resurrecting, and if they don't, then by definition are they not Christian.

Also, by practices.

>and this is what your shitty belief did to them in the first place. It ain't the Catholics. It ain't the Church Fathers. It ain't the Bible but how idiots like you and the Reformers approach the Bible and even take books out of it!

So are you a Christian or not? I understand the groups affiliated with Christianity aren't always Christian.

>here we see more arrogant self righteousness.

Because Christians attacking eachother isn't going to help them at all? This is also ridiculous
>>
>>597416
Every response had a decent insult. Nice job anon, it was a good conversation while it lasted.
>>
>>597414
>But I already have questioned my beliefs
Bullshit. You don't even know what the fuck Sola Scriptura is. And that's the basic of the basic shit! Fuck off.

>Lol, okay, but they believe in Christ living, dying, resurrecting, and if they don't, then by definition are they not Christian.
And as usual, not addressing the problem at all and simply sprouting the same refuted shit over and over again.

>I understand the groups affiliated with Christianity aren't always Christian.
That is precisely what you and the whole of Protestantism is, affiliated with Christianity but not Christian.

>Because Christians attacking eachother isn't going to help them at all? This is also ridiculous
Because whenever someone is sprouting shit, we should let that shit spread as if it is the truth when it is just deceitful lies. Ridiculous.
>>
>>597425
A decent insult worthy of someone of your caliber and intelligence level
>>
>>597426
>bullshit. You don't even know what the fuck Sola Scriptura is. And that's the basic of the basic shit! Fuck off.
What is Sola scriptura? I like evidence outside Bible too

>and as usual, not addressing the problem at all and simply sprouting the same refuted shit over and over again.
Problem was already adressed, Christians not getting along with other Christians is only hurting them.

>it is precisely what you and the whole of Protestantism is, affiliated with Christianity but not Christian.
But I'm not even a Protestant. If you believe in Jesus, like I said, living, dying, and raised from the dead, you are a Christian.

>Because whenever someone is sprouting shit, we should let that shit spread as if it is the truth when it is just deceitful lies. Ridiculous.
You shouldn't let that happen, you don't want shit on your food, why have it all over your truth?
>>
>>597437
>What is Sola scriptura? I like evidence outside Bible too
Proving my point yet again and with more hypocritical shit. If you like evidence outside the Bible then you would be citing academical sources as I had done or at the very least mention them at some point.

>Problem was already adressed, Christians not getting along with other Christians is only hurting them.
Hey retard, that statement did not address this. It doesn't even take half a brain to know this.

>But I'm not even a Protestant.
More bullshit.

>If you believe in Jesus, like I said, living, dying, and raised from the dead, you are a Christian.
Different shit can have similarities with each other. Same with that amongst the Protcucks and idiots like you.

>You shouldn't let that happen, you don't want shit on your food, why have it all over your truth?
And this is precisely why I attack idiots like you and Protestants.
>>
>>597452

>Proving my point yet again and with more hypocritical shit. If you like evidence outside the Bible then you would be citing academical sources as I had done or at the very least mention them at some point.

Does the Bible abount as an academic source it is a thread about Christ and why His followers can't get along so I figured the New Testament is a really good source to use for a situation like this.

Dude I didn't even know what sola scriptura was until 20 minutes ago, you think I know what being a protestant is either?

>different shit can have similarities with each other. Same with that amongst the Protcucks and idiots like you.

Again not even a Protestant

> this is precisely why I attack idiots like you and Protestants.

Attack, that is the problem. Where does your aggression source from?
>>
>>595799
entering this thread, wasn't raised religious at all don't know half the story of the new testament. is there a good cartoon I can watch?.
>>
>>597493
YouTube anything haha.

The one I watched was on some random Bible channel, but a while ago when I got into Christianity I used to just search Jesus cartoons to get a better idea. I used to watch them when I was little in school but had a major fallout with religion and stuff, so I ended up getting really high and watching them.

I read the Bible too, but sometimes you need motivation to read a book, especially when it concerns your soul and stuff.
>>
>>597486
>Does the Bible abount as an academic source
It is on the level of historical documents. Your subjective and shitty interpretations of it is of course not on that level and certainly not academic.

>why His followers can't get along so I figured the New Testament is a really good source to use for a situation like this.
Don't forget the part about how those Protestcucks would agree with you only to read their own shit into the NT, like you would do.

>Dude I didn't even know what sola scriptura was until 20 minutes ago, you think I know what being a protestant is either?
Thank you for showing just how shallow your brain is on this subject. Protestcucks, ignorant as fuck to history and theology.

>Again not even a Protestant
If you believe in sola scriptura and sola fide, you are one idiot.

>Attack, that is the problem. Where does your aggression source from?
It's not. The world isn't a big hugbox. Deal with it stupid retarded tumblrfuck.

My aggression stems from the fact that your beliefs and doctrines are lies and an embarrassment to Christianity.
>>
>>597493
Not really of the NT but a good Christian cartoon if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSdOPcHum8

The Passion of Christ is worth seeing too, as a movie.
>>
>>597504

>it is on the level of historical documents. Your subjective and shitty interpretations of it is of course not on that level and certainly not academic.

I feel like everyone else is misinterpreting scripture the Gospel is the easiest book to understand.

>Don't forget the part about how those Protestcucks would agree with you only to read their own shit into the NT, like you would do.

Just read a Gospel and find out for yourself. Why concern yourself with "this type of Christian or this other type of Christians" when really, all these people are doing is hurting eachother

>thank you for showing just how shallow your brain is on this subject. Protestcucks, ignorant as fuck to history and theology.

Just saying I never heard those terms before.
>if you believe in sola scriptura and sola fide, you are one idiot.
So by not understanding what either of them mean... better off. Just read the Gospel, you'll figure it out.

>it's not. The world isn't a big hugbox. Deal with it stupid retarded tumblrfuck.

>My aggression stems from the fact that your beliefs and doctrines are lies and an embarrassment to Christianity.

My belief is Jesus and my doctrine is the New Testament. So, those should only offend non-Christian lol.
>>
>>597525
>the Gospel is the easiest book to understand.
All the Protestants who can't even agree with each other on its meaning say this shit. So who's the one misinterpreting Scripture dumbass?

>Just read a Gospel and find out for yourself.
Already did and found out how Protestantism is dead wrong.

>Just saying I never heard those terms before.
And that shows ignorance when such are simply the basic shit. How much more arrogant can you get?

>Just read the Gospel, you'll figure it out.
Sola Scripturists say this but can't figure it out.

>My belief is Jesus and my doctrine is the New Testament.
Nope. Faith Alone and Scripture Alone aren't Christian doctrines heretic fuck. Jesus is not your shitty tumblr hugbox boyfriend.
>>
Being Catholic seems fun. You get to worship goddesses and eat magic bread. Such an incredibly marriage of fantasy and whimsy.
>>
>>597538
>all the Protestants who can't even agree with each other on its meaning say this shit. So who's the one misinterpreting Scripture dumbass?

Someone is misinterpreting scripture. This is why we don't need anyone's hand to hold our while we look for it besides God.

>already did and found out how Protestantism is dead wrong.
It says that in the Bible?

>and that shows ignorance when such are simply the basic shit. How much more arrogant can you get?

I just didn't hear those terms yet, that's all.

>Sola Scripturists say this but can't figure it out.
Not all of them? If you are a Christian and say "read the gospel" you don't need to put a label on their beliefs and create a theological dispute to see who goes to Heaven and who goes to hell because both parties are lacking the basic teachings of the New Testament. It is the same in every form of Christianity, the only problem is the doctrine essentially surrounding these groups that conflict with eachother.

>nope. Faith Alone and Scripture Alone aren't Christian doctrines heretic fuck. Jesus is not your shitty tumblr hugbox boyfriend.

I mentioned works somewhere to a different anon ITT. I believe works is more important than just having faith and doing nothing besides saying you believe. It is about actually believing and finding your way to God.

Have questions about OT or another source? Go look into historical sources and keep going, but you have a question about Christ and His Way? Open up a Bible
>>
>>597547
Mary isn't a goddess, She is an angel in Heaven and is also just the representation of the feminine aspect of God and the full virtue of womanhood.

Also, Mary represents unwanted suffering.

Through Mary, you worship God, but the problem is how you look at it. She isn't saying "worship me" She however is an intercession for prayer to bring you to God.

>and ifell before his feet and worshiped him, and he said to me, “No! I am your fellow Servant and of your brothers who have the testimony of Yeshua. Worship God, rather, for the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy.” (Rev 19:10)
>>
>>597557
>This is why we don't need anyone's hand to hold our while we look for it besides God.
And this is also very arrogant and doesn't solve anything. Especially when the very same Proteshit says this.

>It says that in the Bible?
Yes. In the Bible and in the consensus of the Church Fathers from the first century to later dates.

>I just didn't hear those terms yet, that's all.
Yeah, that means you are ignorant on it. Get real idiot.

>Not all of them?
By presupposing Sola Scriptura, it is impossible to even know whether anyone got it right to begin with. This statement is thus redundant, just like your brain.

>If you are a Christian and say "read the gospel" you don't need to put a label on their beliefs and create a theological dispute to see who goes to Heaven and who goes to hell because both parties are lacking the basic teachings of the New Testament.
You read the Gospel without regard to context or the teachings of the Church or even its history. I in contrast take the teaching of the Church, history and context into account when reading the Gospels.

No one is even saying who's going to heaven and hell here. It's that the Protestants and by default, you, are wrong and aren't even Christian.

>I believe works is more important than just having faith and doing nothing besides saying you believe. It is about actually believing and finding your way to God.
The only sensible thing here but of course, you cannot prove it by Scripture Alone since by that logic, all the other Protestshits who disagree can also do the same thus making this pointless, just like your shitty theology.

>Have questions about OT or another source? Go look into historical sources and keep going, but you have a question about Christ and His Way? Open up a Bible
Here again with the crappy sola scriptura. Historical and academical sources are important to give clarity to the context and history which is a helpful insight to reading the Bible itself. Now fuck off dumbshit.
>>
If Jesus thought the bible was so crucial to salvation he would have written it himself to save everyone the potentially damning trouble of exegesis.
>>
>>597620
Yup. This is why the Church had Tradition to accompany the written word.

Only when you play the game like this retard >>597557 would you have this trouble
>>
>>597620
Dude

>it is the glory of God to hide things but the glory of kings to investigate them.
>>
>>597632
This is also why God decided to let the Protestshit continue on with their delusions and be blind to the obvious truth.
>>
>>597614

>And this is also very arrogant and doesn't solve anything. Especially when the very same Proteshit says this.
Is it arrogant to call people arrogant?

>Yes. In the Bible and in the consensus of the Church Fathers from the first century to later dates.
Where is the Bible quote that says "Protestants are heretics because..." because as far as I'm concerned, they all believe in Jesus.

>You read the Gospel without regard to context or the teachings of the Church or even its history. I in contrast take the teaching of the Church, history and context into account when reading the Gospels.

Do you go to a church? I used to go to church very frequently, and every now and again when I get a chance I might go to one.

>no one is even saying who's going to heaven and hell here. It's that the Protestants and by default, you, are wrong and aren't even Christian.
Christians believe in Christ living and dying and coming back from the dead. That's part of being Christian.

>the only sensible thing here but of course, you cannot prove it by Scripture Alone since by that logic, all the other Protestshits who disagree can also do the same thus making this pointless, just like your shitty theology.

It's funny, you sound like you want to come off as intelligent but keep throwing in insults and weird word play that just kills it after.

>here again with the crappy sola scriptura. Historical and academical sources are important to give clarity to the context and history which is a helpful insight to reading the Bible itself. Now fuck off dumbshit.

Insights are good.
>>
>>597650
Maybe you are the one who is arrogant.

Considering there are people in all churches working to destroy it from the inside out, so for the "non-believers" who obviously see a huge flaw in "Christianity" all they would need to do is pick a Gospel and read for a second and just seriously contemplate one's standing in life if Yeshua's story truly impacts their heart.
>>
>>597668
>Is it arrogant to call people arrogant?
Not when the one being labelled as such displays such behavior such as you.

>Where is the Bible quote that says "Protestants are heretics because..."
Why would the Bible address something that isn't even around during its period of composition? We do know that the Bible encourages Christians to be united. Protestants don't meet this requirement.

>I used to go to church very frequently, and every now and again when I get a chance I might go to one.
This isn't even relevant to the statement that this is supposed to be addressing. You are real stupid aren't you?

>Christians believe in Christ living and dying and coming back from the dead.
So did those that don't attest to his godhood. Just because someone believes in this and fucks up elsewhere does it makes that belief legitimate. Same with Protestshitism.

>It's funny, you sound like you want to come off as intelligent but keep throwing in insults and weird word play that just kills it after.
Insults that match you apparently as shown by your replies. The statement I made is meant to show how Protesturds who can't agree with each other can say the same shit as you

>Insights are good.u.
And Insights are what is lacking in your rotten brain.
>>
>>597681
Show me a Church Father in the Ante Nicene period who believe in Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura.

Here's a thing, you can't find any.

Now where's the basis for your claim?
>>
>>597710
It was a good conversation while it lasted.
>>
>>597716
Why go to church when there are 4 Gospels in front of you.
>>
>>595981
>>596012
>>597184
I know Constantine already knows this, but here's the spokesman for Catholic Answers on the topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AntxorqHSjE
>>
>>597722
Why do Protestants who read the 4 Gospels alone cannot even agree on what it says?

Also you do know that the Church is the community of believers. Nowhere in the Bible itself does it say believe yourself or worship alone.
>>
>>597732
Ask a protestant I wouldn't know.

>No where in the Bible does it say believe yourself or worship alone
Show me the quote
>>
>>597737
>Ask a protestant I wouldn't know.
You are one by believing in Sola Scriptura. Now do you believe in Sola Fide?

>Show me the quote
Just look at Paul's mention of the Eucharist and his emphasis on it being a participation in the fellowship of the Body of Christ.

Or Jesus himself saying about two or more that gather in his name. Not one but at least two.
>>
>>597732
>>597732
>>597732
This ->>597737 was jk...

>Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

> God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

>I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

>And Jesus answered him, “It is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’”
>>
>>595799
>couldn't you just read the New Testament stories of Jesus and follow Him?

The bible, both new and old testaments, contain so many hapax legomena in their respective languages that of the various contentious doctrines out there, you really can't get a solid answer one way or the next "just by reading the text".

For example, tell me from the text, whether a woman is able to hold an authoritative role in a church.

You'll invariably cite 1 timothy 2:12 to show that paul says that a woman shall not hold authority over a man...

...but then the koine will kick you in the nuts, where the word used for "hold authority" (authentein) is shown to be an NT hapax legomenon, so your position gets called into question.

You can't definitely rule on this, lest you study other works where "authentein" is used...which is 0, and only the close word "authentes" (often, murder, usurpation, etc). So what is the clear meaning? Can it even be derived?

And thus we rely on tradition, because the bishop is the successor to the teachings laid down by the apostles, who knew what the truth of the word was.

There are other examples that dote on what right and proper doctrine is:

for example, does christ exude us to pray for "daily", or "supersubstantial" (that is, transfigurated) bread? "Epiousios" suggests "over-material", but who is to say, as this word is a hapax legomena for the whole corpus of koine works (that is, no other work has yet been discovered to say "epiousios" in any context).
So no, if you actually have a degree of rigour about yourself, then most of the controversial aspects of doctrine cannot be answered from scripture alone. And it pains me saying that as a Lutheran.
>>
>>597752
>You are one by believing in Sola Scriptura. Now do you believe in Sola Fide?
Still have no real idea what either term means.

You wanna do research go for it you wanna read the Gospel go for it.

>Just look at Paul's mentioned. Of the Eucharistic
This is why you don't need anyone to interpret these quotes for you, you can do it yourself.
>>
>>597753
>>597753
Thank you. Some of those verses shown are in fact proving my point.

Now...how does any of them explain my question?
>>
>>597761
You can get pretty solid answers about Jesus by reading the Gospel.

As for a woman's place in church, shouldn't they be focused on using all the money they make and help people?

I mean these people who supposedly own the church may in fact be destroying it, not because they are Christian but because they work for a different organization that wants Christians to be seperated.
>>
>>597769
What was your point. It says worship God.

What was your question? I don't know why people disagree so much, hence topic ITT.
>>
>>597764
Bullshit. If you claim I don't know what they mean, prove it dipshit.

>You wanna do research go for it you wanna read the Gospel go for it.
Been there and done that, only to find how shitty and false you Protcucks are.

>This is why you don't need anyone to interpret these quotes for you, you can do it yourself.
You fucking idiot, those are only detached segments of the Bible. Plus, just because I don't into Sola Scriptura does it mean I cannot read the Bible by myself. I can do that, just that whenever some shit I don't understand pops up, I can resort to Tradition to give me the clarity.

You cannot do that with Sola Scriptura as by doing that, Scripture itself is no longer the ultimate authority.
>>
>>597784
My question is how Protestants can disagree on what the Bible means when they all read it alone.
>>
>>597777
>about jesus

sure, but most of the NT concerns the doctrines promulated by the apostles through the action of the holy spirit.

Remember, if you're a christian, that we're trinitarian, not duotarian -- christ is the redeemer of mankind, but the holy spirit which guides the apostles is also wholly god. In this, the works of those apostles are obscured by linguistic degeneration, and thus, we are at the mercy of the church for assistance in interpretation.
>>
>>597785
Still have no idea what you are trying to say.

If you are Christian, just saying to people to read the Bible before they get all mixed up in church drama. Amen.

If you aren't Christian, I am don't having the same conversation with you.

>>597789
Ask a Protestant. Peoples disagrees with things all the times.
>>
>>597797
It's up to you what church suits your pre-existing beliefs if you want to or not, it is up to you to use that and actually be a Christian or use your Christian disputes to seperate eachother.
>>
>>597819
oh no, I totally don't disagree with you at all. Unity of the christian faith is certainly important.

this whole string of argumentation is simply to reprove against OP's question as to why we cannot simply individually read the scriptures to find truth in them: they're unclear, plain and simple, and thus the traditions of those various denominations are needed to provide clarity.
>>
>>597814
>Peoples disagrees with things all the times.
And something's very wrong when disagreements create contradictory views...like Protestcuck who all use sola scriptura like you.

>just saying to people to read the Bible before they get all mixed up in church drama. Amen.
And where do they go when they see something they don't understand? Hint hint, not Pastor Shithead of Dumb Dumb Holy Crap mountain church but the Church Fathers and the history of Christianity itself.

With historical context, this also becomes bullshit when the Bible was read communally and not in the shitty muhself way like you are advocating. Most after all cannot read during the time of Early Christianity and had to rely upon the Church to hear the Scripture.
>>
>>597832
The scripture is very clear within the 4 basic gospels.
>>
>>597837
U must have put a lot of work in that post I hope you have a good night.
>>
>>597842
I have good nights knowing that Protestantism is essentially false and destroyed by history.
>>
>>597846
If someone believes Jesus called to them, it really shouldn't matter what label of Christian they are as long as they hold the basic teachings and belief of Christ being real and crucifixion and resurrection. It is also about living by these teachings as well.

If you want to go look outside the Bible or if you want to go to church everyday, or if you want to know believe what the book tells you, you have the free will to go on your own way.
>>
>>597851
>Muh theological relativism
Fuck no. By this logic even the Arians or Gnostics aren't heretics.
>>
>>597863
We are all heretics to a different kind of person.
>>
>>597863
What denomination are you anyway?
>>
>>597867
>muh relativism
Bravo. Now back to tumblr

>>597871
The one that is closest to the Early Church.
>>
>>597877
Ah, a snake handler. Got it.
>>
>>597877
Is that the name of denomination "the one that is closest to the Early Church?" Are you actually a Christian no offense or anything but if that is the denomination you are, then you also sound like a Protestant.

Like Roman? Greek Othodox?

There are a lot of different kinds saying theirs is the only way, when Jesus says "I am the Way" in John 14 ->>595799
>>
>>597880
You better be a Catholic troll or I'll fuck up your boipucci real bad
>>
>>597840
no it isn't. Even the gospels have hapax legomena.
>>
>>595964
>One thief being sincerely repentant is offered Mercy by Jesus.
That's how salvation works
>>
>>597883
For me to be a Protshit, I must believe in Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura at the very least.

Now where did I attest or declare my beliefs in these two heretical doctrines?

Jesus is the only way but which version of Jesus? The Protshits have so many jesuses!
>>
>>597890
The Gospels are very clear.

>>597896
There is only one Christ.
>>
>>597896
I can see how frustrating this argument is for you.
These guys obviously haven't studied any theology or even read the gospels which point to an hierarchical church given authority by Jesus Christ.

Just leave them be, they are beyond help.
>>
File: Stop Posting.png (64KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Posting.png
64KB, 209x200px
Holy shit, you guys are doing more arguing about what is and isn't heresy then the fucking /tg board.
>>
>>598587
This thread isn't about church.
>>
>>599381
Actually, this thread was directed to "non-believers" so they can see how Jesus's teachings should be applied and how church goers have no peace amongst eachother.
>>
>>595964
Hell is literally the better place to live though.
>>
>dont worry about John
LEAVE SAUJOHN TO ME
>>
Also the Sabbath was originally on Saturday.

Until the church moved it to SUN-day.

So you would worship the sun and not the Son. Something like that. That's just another way the churches which had no right to take over Jesus' teachings did
>>
File: Gladys-06g1.jpg (225KB, 426x550px) Image search: [Google]
Gladys-06g1.jpg
225KB, 426x550px
>>
>>597883
>There are a lot of different kinds saying theirs is the only way
> when Jesus says "I am the Way"
>>
File: yeshua_harvest.jpg (439KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
yeshua_harvest.jpg
439KB, 500x677px
>Proverbs
Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance,

>John 2
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
>>
File: jesus-christ-wallpaper-16.jpg (357KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-christ-wallpaper-16.jpg
357KB, 1600x1200px
>Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”

Basically, we need to worry about the present moment, and how our anticipation for tommorow can be overwhelming. Worrying for the future creates anxiety.

>Mark 2:17 “And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, ‘Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Iesus came to save the sinners, and also rebukes the scribes and the Pharisees which were filled with religious hypocrisy (sound familiar?)

>Luke 18:27But he said, “What is impossible with man is possible with God."

With Christ all things are possible.

>John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to hear, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’”
>>
>"If you know these things, happy are you if you do them" (John 13:17)
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 640x1136px
>>601814
Sounds like he's talking about Protestants, the modern day Pharisees
>>
>>603434
There are many modern day "Pharisees" that could be found in any church establishment.
>>
>>603434
Pretty sure Protestants would equate to Sadducees. Sadducees were the sola scriptura sect.
>>
>>603438
Wait so if:

>Sola Scriptura
Is about the doctrine being more authoritive?

And
>Sola Fide
Being that faith is more important than doctrine...?

It's the faith vs works argument, and why should faith and works have to fight eachother?
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 640x1136px
>>603437
And Protesturdism is one of them. It's arrogance comes from how delusional it is in thinking it is truth when the entirety of the history of Christianity shows otherwise
>>
File: image.jpg (209KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209KB, 640x1136px
>>603444
Sola Scriptura teaches that the Bible is the highest authority which means by that logic, anyone who is crafty enough can make up shir about the Scripture and base it on Scripture Alone. Protestantism proves this. Sola Fide is about God mind controlling people and thus inadvitably leads to Calvinism. Gnosticism have similar beliefs like this as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (266KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 640x1136px
>>603451
Here, ANS Lane shows how Sola SCRIPTURA is a new shit and not historical doctrine
>>
>>603446
People can accuse it of every denominations and that is important to take note of.
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 640x1136px
>>603454
Here I mean but that still does a job of showing how Calvinists, Baptists and Zwlinglians got shit wrong
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>603456
But the accusation I have against Proteshitism is based on historical fact. Not my own biased and subjective reading of Scripture
>>
>>603451

>Sola Scriptura teaches that the Bible is the highest authority which means by that logic, anyone who is crafty enough can make up shir about the Scripture and base it on Scripture Alone.

It also could mean to just hold the Gospel close to you as well.

>Protestantism proves this. Sola Fide is about God mind controlling people and thus inadvitably leads to Calvinism.

If sola fide is about faith, why is that a big deal either?

Faith and scripture is important together.

>Gnosticism have similar beliefs like this as well.

Some Gnostics aren't Christian, remember that, many are Luciferian and or have different agenda like Freemasonry and stuff.
You could believe in the demiurge and that Iesus died and resurrected while following His Way at the same time.
>>
>>603444
Well, using Reformation logic, sola fide conflicts with sola gratia anyway.
>>
>>603464
What historical fact?

If they believe in Christ, living, dying and being resurrected, and by living sincere to His teachings, they are a Christian.
>>
>>603470
Faith and grace have a conflict too?

They sound good together
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>603469
So which Gospel is it smart ass? So many opposing versions exist amongst Protestdumbs. The history of the Bible itself and Early Christianity shows that nobody said Scripture Alone is the highest authority. It's just one stream alongside Tradition that testifies to the truth it proclaims. And the best part is the fact that at least the Church Fathers are all consistent on key points despite their differences. According to Sola FIDE as well, "faith" itself comes from God this making God a mind controller, othetwise that faith would be of our own volition instead but this opposes what sola fide teaches. A lot of Gnostics hold onto notions similar to today's Protestants. Deal with it
>>
>>603473
Same with the Arians and heretics who can also say the same and peach a different jesus all together
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>603478
So which is it? Faith Alone or Grace Alone? By saying "X Alone" you are saying there can only be X and nothing more. To do so is to create a contradiction. Something Protestants are good at
>>
>>603478
Well, I mean from a Reformation perspective, faith is just a product of grace, so you are saved by grace alone, not faith.
>>
>>603492
Sola Fide is pointless when you got sola gratia. "Faith" which is just God mind controlling you is just an effect of Grace.
>>
>>603481
You guys are too analytical.

If you need Jesus, read the Gospel, because that is how you begin.

As for different sections, if the believe in Christ, living, dying, resurrecting, and live in harmony with His teaching, then this is how it is best.

Why have someone read it for you and tell you what to think?

>>603486
All groups are heretical to another.

>>603490
Faith and grace go together. Why only focus on these virtues "alone" when there are so many to live by

>>603492
How can any of us really explain how we are saved
>>
>>603500
No ones saying "don't read the Gospel". What we are saying is that the Gospel must be read under the lens of Tradition and the historical factors that shaped it and to should difficulty arise seek the wisdom of the Fathers and not be arrogant and come up with sophistic shit. As usual you aren't even addressing the argument here and instead opt for theological solipsism
>>
>>603507
Different traditions can be like different theological solipisms.

Jesus is the tradition:
>"Jesus says, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life, but no many comes unto the Father but by me" (John 14:6)

One reason people dislike Christians its is because the Christians have disputes with eachother, though this is everywhere not just in religion either.
>>
>>603518
Disputes have been around since the beginning but there's always been the use of tradition and reason to mitigate this. If any the fact that there can only be one truth and the Protestants professing multiple versions in opposition to each other makes it appear that God doesn't want people to know him. If we allow ourselves to presuppose Sola ScriptUra.
>>
>>603530
Pretty sure Jesus knows who is true followers are
>>
File: image.jpg (241KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 640x1136px
>>603518
>>
>>603540
It's definitely not the Protestants
>>
>>603541
That's what their tradition is.

What if Ignatius was a heretic?

>>603543
Pretty sure God makes that call.
>>
>>603551
Here. Typical Protestshit sophistry. How about we ask, what kind of God would intentionally ditch his own people for years and years until the Reformation? If this is not true, we must be able to find a consistent stream of writings and testimonies towards your beliefs throughout the ages. Now show me for if they don't exist and we presuppose your beliefs as true, we have no choice but to concede that God adbandoned creation for years thus making Ignatius and all the other church fathers, heretics
>>
>>603567
Yeah man just read the Gospels they are pretty good.

Everything outside of them is a different doctrine.
>>
>>595799
ITT: faairy tales myths and fables but not an ounce of truth.
>>
>>603575
We already seen how those that take your approach ended up with opposing versions of Jesus. If any such approach is a different doctrine from the Gospels. History shows this and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>603584
>We already seen how those that take your approach ended up with opposing versions of Jesus.

There is only one approach.

Jesus says, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life, but no many comes unto the Father but by me" (John 14:6)

>If any such approach is a different doctrine from the Gospels.

The Gospel is the essential doctrine. For someone wanting to believe they should read it instead of get mixed into church drama.

>History shows this and there's nothing you can do about it
This is ridiculous, that's a good example of "faith only" and it's like what do you do with your faith in God
>>
>>603600
Once more not answering my arguments. So again, why should we adopt your shitty approach when it is unfounded in history and simply leads to
Theological solipsism? Assertions don't answer questions. That's just fallacy like what you are doing here now. To get the essential doctrine, one must be willing to also take in the traditions and contexts that come with them. This means going beyond plain text reading which violates Sola ScriptUra. Also, too bad. I had cited scholars here time and time again. Insofar, you cited your own biases.
>>
>>603621
So yeah just read the Gospel of you are a Christian you should be encouraging other people to read it too. The earliest source for Christianity is after Christ, the early church made their own tradition when it was taken over by Rome.
>>
>>603633
Rome was already held in high regard from early on. Plus, as ANS Lane said, the oral tradition remains the context to read and intepret the written word which makes your point useless. RPC Hanson noted this as well in the Cambridge History of the Bible that the Early Church received the Bible with an interpretive tradition alongside it.
>>
File: image.jpg (222KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 640x1136px
>>603633
>>
>>603663
Lol there is a book about another book talking about the first book.

Why not just read the Gospel.

Everyone's version of "the Early church" is extremely vague so.

Just read the Gospel within context.
>>
>>603694
I do, just that also take into account tradition and context when i do unlike sola ScriptUra and idiots like you. Enjoy your solipsism fucktard
>>
>>603694
They certainly didn't worship like Protestants do.
>>
How anyone can place the traditions of sinners beside the revealed word of god is beyond me,

Pearls before swine my friends
>>
>>603694
>Everyone's version of "the Early church" is extremely vague so.
And......no scholars cited for this.

Here's a simple question that demolishes your entire argument. Where in Scripture does it prove its divine inspiration?
>>
>>603717
>insert Protestshit arrogant self righteousness here
>>
>>603721
The Gospel and Revelation, Paul's epistles. Divine inspiration is the action of going to read it with good intention
>>
>>603736
And we see that all the Protestants who read it like you do can't even agree on what they all say.

Ignatius, Justin Martyr, Clement of Rome, Irenaeus et. al in contrast can all agree on their contents and what they actually say with the aid of Tradition and the Preaching of the Church for the Bible isn't some shit that dropped down from the sky magically.

Now, answer the question, Where in Scriptures can I find the proof of Divine Inspiration?
>>
>>603716
I want to worship (You)
>>
>>603748
Different traditions. I like your "I believe in the historical church" and your calling of God "sky daddy"

Divine inspiration is everywhere, and if you are open to it, you'll find it
>>
>>604469
>Different traditions
So this is your reply to Church Fathers over the span of geographical locations and years who had more or less the same beliefs overall.

Genius.
>>
>>604807
"Church fathers" no evidence of them are "father"
>>
>>605169
>I hate it when people are given the title "father"
>I use muh feelings as an argument
Grow up.
>>
>>605204
None of them are "father" that term is literal not just "muh feelings"

The Early church you reference is the reinstating of the Romans Empire through the Vatican. None of any priest should anyone call "Father " they are not your God, and you don't need their hand to read the Gospels
>>
>>605215
Church Fathers are "Fathers" due to the recognition of their contribution to the development and defense of Christian doctrine you numbnut.

It's akin to the "Founding Fathers" or "Father of X" given to individuals.

>The Early church you reference is the reinstating of the Romans Empire through the Vatican
And no scholarly evidence or citation to back up this. In contrast I had cited from prominent scholars on the subject of Early Christianity ITT.

Insofar none of the Protestdumbs can even cite a proper scholarly source.

>None of any priest should anyone call "Father " they are not your God
This is stupid since everyone calls a human being father and all because of this recognition they are committing idolatry even when the parent isn't seen as some omniscient being.

Good job idiot.

>you don't need their hand to read the Gospels
No wonder Protestcucks can agree on the meaning of the Gospels right...except this is never the case.

Now fuck off moron.
>>
>>605253
Just read the Gospel you'll figure it out.
>>
>>605266
>Cannot answer argument
>Shill refuted sola scriptura
Good job. Good argument.

You get goldstar for your intelligence. You more smart than those who take time to look into the history and context of the Bible and Early Christianity.

Fuck off already.
>>
>>595799
>you could just look into it for yourself and see
My family raised me to become a monk. I sought, I didn't find, so Jesus was wrong. Simple as that.
>>
>>605275
Have a nice day

>>605287
You blame someone else for something you haven't been able to accomplish.

I was trained to help funeral processions and I stopped being Christian for a long time afterwards.. Doesn't mean I failed I gave up.
>>
>>605295
I'll have a nice day crushing your pucci.
>>
>>595799
lol what a slapped jew bitch
>>
>>605295
>You blame someone else for something you haven't been able to accomplish
My indoctrination as a child was about as Jesus-ey as you can get, and it took many years to cleanse myself of it. It's pure faith that gives the religion any validity, and I found arguments against the faith more convincing. It's not my job to indulge it any further.
>>
>>605369
I used to argue with priests and stuff too, and was always getting in trouble for asking too many questions.

I love Iesus, and there is a whole lot more of Him outside of someone slapping you in the back of the hand with a ruler telling you "don't"
>>
>>605382
If there's no rules regulating behavior then one is permitted to be a fedora you idiotic dipshit.

This is why Protestcuckism sucks
>>
>The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it. Proverbs
>>
>>599660
Hell is death, you don't live there.
>>
>>605442
Any denominations claim it is the one, when Jesus specifically says "I am the Way, follow me"

>notice in the OP
>"Don't worry about the apostle John okay Peter, you just worry about following me"

These other groups, really, they all use Christianity as a guise to serve there own agenda.

Protestant, Roman Catholic, but that isn't to say that there are no churches, priests that have good / bad intentions. no, if you feel the Holy Spirit you know it.

You can usually tell when an organization has an alternative agenda.

If you don't give people freedom to be whatever kind of Christian they are, then you are a Christian who doesn't believe in freedom.

It is about the individual soul connecting to Christ first, if you want to choose a church after then that is up to you.
>>
>>605718
>if you feel the Holy Spirit you know it.
Which of course, all the Protshit says as well which makes your assertions no different.

>You can usually tell when an organization has an alternative agenda.
Same with you. All you are doing is driving us into more theological solipsism.

>If you don't give people freedom to be whatever kind of Christian they are, then you are a Christian who doesn't believe in freedom.
More theological solipsism.

You can be what you like but the fact remains that your beliefs are not actual Christianity.

You can freely choose to believe that the Big Bang never happened or Evolution is bullshit but all evidence point to them actually being true.

>It is about the individual soul connecting to Christ first, if you want to choose a church after then that is up to you.
We all know this is simply hypocritical bullshit and even more solipsism.

Here, >>605215 the hypocrisy of your relativism stands out.

It seems any shit is fine as long as it is Protestcuckism.

Fuck off already you dumb shrimp
>>
>tfw Protestcuck
>>
>>605827
You can always change your ways. It's ok
>>
>>605591
If you can perceive, you are alive, even if all that is perceived is suffering.
>>
>>605824
>Which of course, all the Protshit says as well which makes your assertions no different.
If you feel the Holy Spirit you know it it doesn't matter what religion you are God is there somewhere.

>Same with you. All you are doing is driving us into more theological solipsism.

Just quoting some scripture ITT and showing Christians that they should get along before they destroy themselves.

>More theological solipsism.

Just saying that you have the free will to decide what church suits you if you want to go to church.

>You can be what you like but the fact remains that your beliefs are not actual Christianity.

A Christian is defined by someone who believes in the teachings of Christ and actually living by them, and by believing Christ was a real person and died for us bringing us back to God and opening the Gates of Heaven.

If that is what you don't believe then you are not Christian.

>You can freely choose to believe that the Big Bang never happened or Evolution is bullshit but all evidence point to them actually being true.

But you can believe in the Big bang and evolution and believe in the Bible, all it takes is a mind in order to think for yourself.

>We all know this is simply hypocritical bullshit and even more solipsism.

What would be the point to be a Christian and not believe that Jesus wants to bring you back to God? That isn't a theological solipsism, you just want to argue with people all day because you obviously have a whole in your life that you don't know how to fill.

>Here,>>605215 (You)#the hypocrisy of your relativism stands out.
That post is from your own relativism.

>It seems any shit is fine as long as it is Protestcuckism.

For someone who is using "historical evidence", you still can't use the term Protestant over Protestcuckism which shows how bias you are regardless.

>Fuck off already you dumb shrimp
See what I mean?

What kind of Christian are you?
>>
>>605888
>If you feel the Holy Spirit you know it it doesn't matter what religion you are God is there somewhere.
More theological solipsism as usual.

>Just quoting some scripture ITT and showing Christians that they should get along before they destroy themselves.
More like your own biased and ignorant interpretation of Scripture. If any, embracing Protestantism is the reason why Christians are destroying themselves.

>Just saying that you have the free will to decide what church suits you if you want to go to church.
Which following your logic and the contradictory doctrines of said churches, imply that the truth is unknown and can never be known since all of them are somehow valid which would in actuality result in a logical contradiction, meaning, Christianity as you and the Protshits define it is nonsensical bullcrap.

>A Christian is defined by someone who believes in the teachings of Christ and actually living by them, and by believing Christ was a real person and died for us bringing us back to God and opening the Gates of Heaven.
Which of course never fucking address the issue of why the Protshits have opposing versions of Christ. Yours is just one of them which you have no basis other than "muh subjective interpretation of Scripture" to back it up, the same justification all sides use. Pointless.

>But you can believe in the Big bang and evolution and believe in the Bible, all it takes is a mind in order to think for yourself.
Pointless as that isn't even the main argument. It's an illustration to illustrate a point dickhead.

>What would be the point to be a Christian and not believe that Jesus wants to bring you back to God? That isn't a theological solipsism, you just want to argue with people all day because you obviously have a whole in your life that you don't know how to fill.
Here, your shitty attempt at projecting and making this about me.

It isn't shitface. It's about how Protestantism and your crap Christianity is false and ahistorical.
>>
>>605888
Your points are just a pile of dogshit and your "definition" of Christian pretty much includes Muslims who also believe in Christ and Arians and all the other heretics that can hold this belief, alongside the conflicting versions of Jesus the Protcucks preach.

So which is it? Only one can be right or all be wrong.

>That post is from your own relativism.
No, fuckface. According to you, I can be even a fucking Catholic and still by your shit definition be a Christian. Under this logic you have no right to actually say anything about the Vatican or what they had done or make some shitty conspiracy theory about them which you never even cited any proper scholar to back your claim up. I had cited notable scholars to back up my points.

>For someone who is using "historical evidence", you still can't use the term Protestant over Protestcuckism which shows how bias you are regardless.
Huge difference fucktard, I have the actual evidence pointing out how the Early Christians and context of the formation of the Bible opposes Protestcuckism. What label I give only shows my contempt for such movement. It doesn't show bias unless I'm misrepresenting the scholars I cited on the points they are making. So am I shitface?
>>
>>606030

>Your points are just a pile of dogshit and your "definition" of Christian pretty much includes Muslims who also believe in Christ and Arians and all the other heretics that can hold this belief, alongside the conflicting versions of Jesus the Protcucks preach.
Are you a Christian though?

>So which is it? Only one can be right or all be wrong.
Jesus says "I am the Way, the truth and the life" so follow Him

>No, fuckface. According to you, I can be even a fucking Catholic and still by your shit definition be a Christian. Under this logic you have no right to actually say anything about the Vatican or what they had done or make some shitty conspiracy theory about them which you never even cited any proper scholar to back your claim up. I had cited notable scholars to back up my points.
Go do your own research. You have to wipe your own ass

>huge difference fucktard, I have the actual evidence pointing out how the Early Christians and context of the formation of the Bible opposes Protestcuckism. What label I give only shows my contempt for such movement. It doesn't show bias unless I'm misrepresenting the scholars I cited on the points they are making. So am I shitface?
Just read the Gospel. They are pretty short, easy read and anyone can read it and make sense of it without having someone hold their hand.
>>
>>606017
>>606017#

>More like your own biased and ignorant interpretation of Scripture. If any, embracing Protestantism is the reason why Christians are destroying themselves.
Just quoted some scripture ITT hoping it would help someone understand Jesus the way the need to and not the way they are forced to.

>Which following your logic and the contradictory doctrines of said churches, imply that the truth is unknown and can never be known since all of them are somehow valid which would in actuality result in a logical contradiction, meaning, Christianity as you and the Protshits define it is nonsensical bullcrap.
Follow your own logic and don't be a slave.

>Which of course never fucking address the issue of why the Protshits have opposing versions of Christ. Yours is just one of them which you have no basis other than "muh subjective interpretation of Scripture" to back it up, the same justification all sides use. Pointless.

If they believe in Christ and follow His teaching, and actually practice what they believe, they are a Christian.

>Pointless as that isn't even the main argument. It's an illustration to illustrate a point dickhead.

You were the one who threw it in there, "evolution" and the "big bang"

Thought you can be a Christian and still research science this isn't the Middle Ages.

>it isn't shitface. It's about how Protestantism and your crap Christianity is false and ahistorical.

Not Protestants, labels for Christianity seperate the whole of them making them easier to take down.

Before you go blaming Protestants, you should do some historical research of Freemasonry and Mystery Babylon and see that there is a different group of people working from the inside out to take Christ Jesus down and it won't appear like that black and white, you have to look into it.
>>
>>606054
>Just quoted some scripture ITT hoping it would help someone understand Jesus the way the need to and not the way they are forced to.
Oh fuck off with the excuses already dingus.

>Follow your own logic and don't be a slave.
More solipsism. 1+1=2 like it or not retard.

>If they believe in Christ and follow His teaching, and actually practice what they believe, they are a Christian.
Again ignoring the issue of conflicting versions of Christ that exist amongst the Protshits and saying the same retarded shit.

>You were the one who threw it in there, "evolution" and the "big bang"
Wow, how stupid are you? Here's the context of my reference of these two points,

"You can be what you like but the fact remains that your beliefs are not actual Christianity."

And then this follows by the mention of them as an example. Get it in your rotten brain.

>Not Protestants, labels for Christianity seperate the whole of them making them easier to take down.
It is fuckface. Deal with it. Nobody's interested in your self defense mechanism you tumblr fag.

>Before you go blaming Protestants, you should do some historical research of Freemasonry and Mystery Babylon and see that there is a different group of people working from the inside out to take Christ Jesus down and it won't appear like that black and white, you have to look into it.
More conspiracy theory bullshit.

There is no such thing as "mystery Babylon" or that the Freemasons are somehow evil and shit.

You can't even cite real and actual scholars to give backing to your shitty point here to begin with.

Grow a brain and just fuck off already. Or how about I rape you until you become intelligent enough?
>>
>>606076
>Go do your own research. You have to wipe your own ass
A statement fitting of an ignorant fool like you. Your points all show a deficiency in research.

>Just read the Gospel. They are pretty short, easy read and anyone can read it and make sense of it without having someone hold their hand.
They are not retard. The Gospel isn't a children's storybook dumb dumb. Plus we already see with the Protshits how this approach doesn't work.

Sola Scriptura is bullshit. Deal with it.
>>
>>606105

>Again ignoring the issue of conflicting versions of Christ that exist amongst the Protshits and saying the same retarded shit.
As long as they believe in the basic guidelines they are Christian.

Just because you have your own personal bias does not change God's true followers wherever they might be.

>"You can be what you like but the fact remains that your beliefs are not actual Christianity."

My beliefs are very Christian. Aside from just reading the Gospel and following the teachings of Jesus, what else is their too it?

Oh you want to go to church? Then go.

Oh you don't want someone to hold your hand and tell you how to read it? Then go.

You only stop yourself.

> It is fuckface. Deal with it. Nobody's interested in your self defense mechanism you tumblr fag.
Still am curious as to what kind of Christian you are?

>More conspiracy theory bullshit.
Sureness if you don't want to do research on different esoteric texts then you aren't using all of the available sources.

>There is no such thing as "mystery Babylon" or that the Freemasons are somehow evil and shit.
Believe what you want it is up to you to look into it.

>You can't even cite real and actual scholars to give backing to your shitty point here to begin with.
Made this thread to quote the New Testament.

>Grow a brain and just fuck off already. Or how about I rape you until you become intelligent enough?
Again, insults and anger to try and win an argument. It is pretty sad anon.
>>
>>606115
>A statement fitting of an ignorant fool like you. Your points all show a deficiency in research.
Quoting the Gospels? In a thread about Jesus?

That's crazy...

>They are not retard. The Gospel isn't a children's storybook dumb dumb. Plus we already see with the Protshits how this approach doesn't work.

Anyone can read it.

>Sola Scriptura is bullshit. Deal with it.

Whether it is scripture, faith, grace, you shouldn't choose one over the other and fight about which one is better, because then they all only get worse.
>>
File: tumblr_mvwkcwkuup1t0cqczo1_500.jpg (182KB, 433x579px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvwkcwkuup1t0cqczo1_500.jpg
182KB, 433x579px
> You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, (John)

We read the Gospel because we want eternal life with Christ in Spirit.

> If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. (James)

What we say better be what we do.

>Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble. (Proverbs)
Some wisdom.
>>
>>606137
>As long as they believe in the basic guidelines they are Christian.
Which still doesn't solve the problem of how their differing versions of Christ can both be simultaneously true retard. Only one or none can be true.

By this logic even a Muslim is a Christian.

>Just because you have your own personal bias does not change God's true followers wherever they might be.
If any you are the one with bias here not me. I cited scholars to prove my point. You don't. You can't even comprehend my arguments as shown by your brain blowing up over the mention of "big bang" and "evolution".

>My beliefs are very Christian. Aside from just reading the Gospel and following the teachings of Jesus, what else is their too it?
They aren't. Sola Scriptura is not a Christian belief. The belief that God abandoned his Creation is not Christianity, this is what you must believe in order to be logically consistent for no evidence is ever found with any mention of any sect that follow your belief, thus making them ahistorical, just like the rest of Protesturdism.

And also, more theological solipsism.

>Sureness if you don't want to do research on different esoteric texts then you aren't using all of the available sources.
You mean conspiracy theory websites. You have shown no proper academical sources to prove your claim. No scholar, no academic journal, essay or book. NONE. In contrast I had cited from various scholars.

>Made this thread to quote the New Testament.
No one's saying it's wrong to quote the NT. What is being opposed is the methodology of Sola Scriptura retard.

>Quoting the Gospels? In a thread about Jesus?
No, it means historical revisionism, ignorance, inability to comprehend the opponent's arguments, refusal to address the scholarly sources cited and points raised and repeating the same debunked statements over and over again. All done by the imbecile that is you.
>>
>>595799
>recognize you have a soul
I don't.
>>
>>606150
>Anyone can read it.
Of course anyone can. Just that those who want to understand it go deeper into the context and tradition that shaped it.

How idiotic can you get? None of my points say you cannot read the Bible.

>Whether it is scripture, faith, grace, you shouldn't choose one over the other and fight about which one is better, because then they all only get worse.
Fuck off with this bullshit. Your methodology is Sola Scriptura which I had already debunked and shown how unbiblical it is.

I had also shown how Sola Fide and Sola Gratia together are both contradictory to each other and how Sola Fide's definition entails that all human beings lack free will. These were never addressed at all, only instead to be met with this pathetic line.

Guess your brain must have left your skull.
>>
>>606220
Of course we also know that Sola Scriptura as you advocated isn't the way to go by it.

People like you should be euthanized
>>
>>606223
Just read the Gospels, and figure it out for yourself.

If you want to be a Muslim, read the Qur'an.

There is more to it than conspiracy videos and websites; another thing Jesus says to Peter in the cartoon is "sometimes you have to go places you don't want to go"
>>
>>606236
You are more than the physical and temporary body, and your mind is constantly bombarded with fluctuations that cause distraction.

By ceasing the physical realm of sense gratification, and by taming the fluctions of the mind, this is yoga.

Jesus says "Stay close to my yoke" and Yoga means to unite and can mean "to yoke"
>>
>>606288
>Not addressing the argument
>Makes more baseless assertions without proof

Such genius!

Such intelligence!

I so stupid!

I am wrong!

Fuck off with this bullshit
>>
>>606245
Nah man, grace, scripture, faith, they all go together.

Constantly labelling and arguing about what you think means what "this is what they are because I said so" nonsense.
>>
>>606328
In your mind they do. In actuality, the way you place them are so inconsistent and wrong.

Such as Sola Scriptura. You can't even show me evidence from the Bible Alone that it is divinely inspired.
>>
File: inerrancy-of-Scripture-570x427.jpg (32KB, 570x427px) Image search: [Google]
inerrancy-of-Scripture-570x427.jpg
32KB, 570x427px
>>606341
>Scripture
The sacred writings of another religion.

In this case, the Gospel.

>Grace
simple elegance or refinement of movement.

Repentence is graceful, we refine ourselves from sinners to people of God.

>Faith
complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Having trust and confidence in God

>All of the above
All of the above is what all Christians should follow anyway.

>When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. (John)

That is divine inspiration.
>>
>>595799
That's last quote that sin can't not touch god it as to come though Jesus
>>
>>606374
Do Grace and Faith come from God?

>That is divine inspiration.
By that logic, the Quran is also Divinely Inspired. You just did circular reasoning. Well done retard
>>
>>606391
Hey if you want to be a Muslim read the Qur'an.
>>
>>606399
>not answering the question or argument
This stupidity of yours is getting out of control.
>>
>>606409
>Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.
>>
>Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
>And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can’! All things are possible for one who believes.”
>And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.
>>
>"If the world hates you, realize that it hated me before it hated you."
>>
>>609820
>Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains.
>>
>>595799
>So if you aren't religious, just food for thought guys. I know it's like "Why bother" but I think if you just take it in for a second and recognize you have a soul, and Christ brings us to God, that instead of buy into all the stereotypes, you could just look into it for yourself and see.

This would pass for trolling on 2007 /b/.

Oh the irony.
>>
>Ecclesiastes 2:24
>There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,
>>
Life is good when you realize you are a piece of God.
>>
>>610657
That's crazy
>>
>"I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life"(John 8:12).
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.