[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of based Bishop Robert Barron? https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: robert barron.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
robert barron.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
What does /his/ think of based Bishop Robert Barron?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
>>
Bretty fun to listen to, though I don't always agree with him. Really it was him who introduced me to Christianity in a lot of ways tbch so I'm thankful.
>>
>>592222
Quads confirm it
>>
He's pretty good actually, I like him

What do you think of Fr. Mike Schmitz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9_rxXFu9I
>>
>>592294
Meh, I'd rather priests didn't try to act all cool and whatever. Seems like an alright guy tho
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 796x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 796x482px
>>592200
Absolument basé pêh
>>
>>592303
He's not doing that too much. Honestly I could see him being really appealing to women with his demeanor.
>>
>>592303
He got 240,000 views m8
>>
File: god.jpg (31KB, 797x479px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
31KB, 797x479px
>>592200
Why does God take animal sacrifices, talk to Moses, have a favorite tribe, interfere with politics, appear on earth as a man, etc if he is not a man in the sky?
>>
File: 1427227576565.jpg (104KB, 661x509px) Image search: [Google]
1427227576565.jpg
104KB, 661x509px
>If we don't worship God, then we'll fill that void by worshiping the state
>If we remove God from the pledge of allegiance, then we're on the path to becoming Nazi Germany or the USSR
>>
>>592392

Non sequitur the post.
>>
>>592392
>>>591657
>appear on earth as a man
would you appear as a computer to a computer when using it ?
>>
File: Barnabas Powell.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Barnabas Powell.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
OP here, another great preacher from the Orthodox perspective is Fr. Barnabas Powell. He's a Southern Methodist-cum-Orthodox priest and has a lot of great stuff to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX6SMXes-aQ
>>
>>592392
Looking at 'the face of God' does not mean that God literally has a face
>>
>>592303
This desu. Watching his videos are always uncomforatble.

Robert's vids on the other hand are pretty comfy
>>
>>592776
>Southern Methodist-cum-Orthodox priest
wat
>>
>Not watching Michael Voris instead
>>
>>592776
The trickle of Protestant converts from the American south is neat af

>see orthodox priest with big beard
>starts speaking in southern drawl

It's absolutely mint
>>
>>592200
I like him. He articulates very well the arguments for God's existence. I found his channel looking for philosophy videos.
>>
>>592200
Based as fuarg
>>
>>592200
>"The Sciences has eliminated the Gods"
>but not mine because he is off limits

Whatever.
>>
>>592200

An imbecile.

This is a man that represents an organisation that thinks God literally came to Earth as Palestinian carpenter and sacrificed himself to himself. That claims that cheap wafers and red plonk magically transforms, literally, into the blood and body of Jesus. That claims to know what God thinks about condoms and divorce.

And he honestly thinks he can get away with avoiding criticism by coming out with such worthless crap as "non-religious just don't get it, God isn't a being at all! He's a [insert meaningless and vague concept] that no one can understand at all!".

He's a hee-hawing donkey that talks shit to make religious people feel better about themselves and persuade them they are actually being really deep and that the issue is they are just misunderstood and the non-religious "just don't understand". In actual fact all they are listening to is braying.
>>
What's his solution to the induction fallacy?
>>
Quick! Post your favorite Robert Barron video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTEDiAwWm8
>>
>>594018
. He fits the mold of a classic modernist by saying contradictory things, some in accordance with Church teaching, others designed to undermine it.

He confuses people and is a dangerous preacher/teacher who ultimately should be silenced by the Church.
>>
>>594018
Hi Voris.
>>
His ideas are just >mai feels
>>
>>592200
>believing in the invisible sky wizard

epic fail
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.