[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did this king and queen ruling together meme originate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.jpg (37KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
37KB, 600x650px
Where did this king and queen ruling together meme originate? There can only be one king or queen ruling a monarchy, their spouse is the royal consort and has no political power. Can we blame Disney or does it go further back than that?
>>
>>589726

Cause a Royal House is a House after all and in Europe traditionally the women have being in charge of the stuff of inside of the house while the man has been in charge of the stuff outside.
So following that pattern in the the Royal House makes sense, at least if your spouse does not hate you or is plainly unfit.
>>
>>589743
Fair point but I'm talking about this thing where the king and his wife or the queen and her husband share power 50/50 in regards to the nation's matters, it's seriously bizarre.
>>
>>589753

The rulers have counserlors, obviously their spouse will be the a very influential one.
Showing respect for ones partner is a way to stage oneself power and image.

If you have a certain example in your mind, please, tell us.
>>
>>589760
Sleeping Beauty
>>
>>589726
Are you seriously implying that monarchs did everything by themselves totally disconnected from everything, instead of delegating and being influenced by the people around them?
>>
File: Louis_XIV_of_France8.jpg (355KB, 695x987px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_XIV_of_France8.jpg
355KB, 695x987px
>>589853
>>
>>589753
There have been co-monarchs in history

Ferdinand and Isabella
William and Mary
>>
>>589932
Ayyyyy.

When he said "I am the State" he was just highlighting the fact that France has never before been so fucking centralized as it was under Le Sun King.
>>
>>589932
>implying

Louis XIV was surrounded by lawyers and talent people, from Colbert to Vauban.
"I am the State" is not saying "I do whatever I want". It's saying "I represent the State of France", this doesn't mean he doesn't have any ministers working with him.

>>589726
Technically yes, only one King or Queen rule his country. This doesn't mean his spouse can't manipulate him/her into doing his biddings.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.