[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Moon landing in 1969 humanity's peak and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Olduvai[1].gif (44KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
Olduvai[1].gif
44KB, 600x380px
Was the Moon landing in 1969 humanity's peak and it's been downhill ever since then?

http://dieoff.org/page125.htm
>>
>>588200
>Humanity

No, Just Amerique.
>>
>>588242
/thread
>>
>>588242
Yep. US peak oil occurred around the early '70s, while global peak oil could still be a few decades off.
>>
>>588200
>industrial
>1930

What voodoo chronology is this?
>>
>>588200
No, internet is the greatest achievement.
Space colonization and reversing aging will be the peak achievements that we can be confident will happen this century
>>
> live in a technological wonderland of pocket computers that can communicate with people on the other side of the globe, electric cars some of which will soon drive themselves, food being so cheap and secure that being fat is now a sign of being poor, where wars happen in far off lands and exist only as new reports for most, where many deadly diseases are eradicated and others are curable with over the counter medicine and world class educations are available for free on the aforementioned global communication device

> why is everything shit now. 50 years ago was much better
>>
>>590155

Forgot to mention

> Space travel now so well established that it is possible for private companies to get involved and the first interplanetary colonists are being selected
>>
Do you guys think the moon landing was hoaxed? It would make sense with the cold war and the U.S. needing a win
>>
>>590259
if it was then the USSR wouldn't acknowledge is as true
>>
>>590259
Whether the first one was a hoax or not is irrelevant. The US has undeniably been to the moon many times since and no other country has landed on it even once.
>>
>>590259
Do you guys think the Battle of Stalingrad was hoaxed? It would make sense with the second world war and the Russians needing a win.
>>
The moon landing wasn't even the peak of Stanley Kubrik's film making career.
>>
>>590259
Considering how incredibly hard it would be to get the footage they got(pretending it's at all possible), it would literally be cheaper to land on the moon at the time
>>
>>590123
Well actually, thanks to fracking, oil production is increasing significantly
>>
...if you measure success by "number of moon landings", then I guess so?
>>
It's actually been brought to my attention that a lot of technology doesn't seem to have improved since the early 70s:

The last man on the moon left in 1972.

SR 71 Blackbird, first built in 1972, about the time we put the last man on the moon had a Cruising Speed of mach 3.2, ceiling of 85000 feet, and a range of 3200 nautical miles. Today's F-35 lightning II has mach 1.6, ceiling 60000 feet, and range 1200 nautical miles. The Chinese have promised the Chengdu J-20, which is mach 2.8, ceiling 60000 feet, range 1830 miles.

The twin towers, completed in 1970-71, had one hundred and ten habitable stories. The top habitable floor of Freedom Tower, the replacement to the Twin Towers is labeled floor 104, actually only has 94 habitable floors.

We stopped making Pu238 in 1988. You need Pu238 for nuclear batteries. The 2006 New Horizons mission to Pluto and the Kuiper belt was launched without enough Pu238 to keep all its equipment live during the Pluto flyby, and without enough Pu238 to do its Kuiper belt mission.
>>
File: 7645068.jpg (26KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
7645068.jpg
26KB, 200x267px
The Moon landing is a meaningless achievement compared to the invention and widespread use of the internet.

>>590123
>peak oil
>>
>>590635
I should note that I am referring to the west here, not the world.
>>
>>590635
>comparing Apple and oranges

Thanks for being a tripfag, easy to block.
>>
>>590164
fuck colonizing the "first" planets

i wanna be a space trucker
>>
>>590687
COME ON
COME ON
COME ON
>>
>>590635
I'd largely blame those reductions on scope on a lack of a grandiose ideological battle being fought in technological achievements. It's harder to justify the cost of a space rocket today than it was in the 1970s.
>>
>>588200
>imblying
>>
>>590154
the internet is not that great. it would be, if people suddenly all behaved like they had the library of alexandria at their finger tips. but people seem to be dumb as ever and use the internet for memes and sharing worthless information via social media. information has increased but not knowledge. its as big a deal as tv, which is some neat little toy, nothing great.
>>
>>590635
Did you actually just compare an SR-71 to a F-35? Do you even understand how design requirements and intended roles shape an aircraft? I'm triggered as fuck.

On top of that you conveniently left out the fact that lockheed is working on a mach 6 SR-72 because it doesn't fit your narrative.
>>
File: YuYu_Hakusho_volume_1.jpg (49KB, 305x471px) Image search: [Google]
YuYu_Hakusho_volume_1.jpg
49KB, 305x471px
>Yu Yu Hakusho
>Original run October 10, 1992 – December, 17, 1994

>Super Mario 64
>Initial release date: June 23, 1996

>Ocarina of Time
>Initial release date: November 21, 1998

We had a 6-year point of novelty in the 90's with a two year interval between each of the high points.

But yes, we have been going steadily downhill ever since.
>>
>>590573
>fracking

I work in Wall Street and that's a scam.
>>
>>590951
Cynicism and superiority complex
>>
>>591024
what is argumentum ad hominem.

seriously though, youre really good at refuting claims. you must have rewarding relationships with people and work well with others.
>>
>>590691
This
>>
>>590635
>all kinds of medical shit
>robotics
>cell phones
>the fucking INTERNET

You're actually retarded.
>>
>>591091
Seriously, you're really good at baselessly looking down on humanity.
Plenty of humans use it as you desire it, and even if they didn't, that's not bad, the concept of the entire world connected and united, everyone contributing knowledge and ideas together, it should ideologically AND pragmatically please anyone more than reaching a milestone on how high we can jump
>>
>>591716
See >>590678

The vast majority of those are developed outside the west. The early 70s saw a shift in technological advancement from Western civilization to areas peripheral to Western civilization.

Dubai and Singapore make the tallest buildings. The South-East develop the groundbreaking technology: robotics, blue light semiconductor tech, e-ink, you name it. Russian air to air fighters can fly faster, fly higher, are more maneuverable, and carry more ordinance than American air to air fighters.
>>
>>591787
>The vast majority of those are developed outside the west
(citation needed)

> Russian air to air fighters can fly faster, fly higher, are more maneuverable, and carry more ordinance than American air to air fighters.
>Russia
>not western
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.