[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a top tier book on human history. From the beginning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
What's a top tier book on human history.

From the beginning to now, I'm not looking for a book that go in depth on only one period.

Pic not related.
>>
>>587569
Outline of history by HG Wells
>>
>>587569
No such book exists.
>>
>>587569
You already asked. The answer is none. Even if you want a broad understanding of history you're STILL better off learning about a few key periods and civs and then expanding from there
>>
>>587593
Which key period/civ would you recommend to start with for someone who has a basic knowledge in history ?
>>
>>587621
Whichever you find interesting. This is s serious answer. To learn about history, just reading a bunch of facts isn't going to cut it since its about humans. What you need is reference and context, so starting with a period and place that you already know enough to pique your interest is going to be very helpful. You should go as early as possible, of course, but other than that, any place and time will do. They're all related after all and even any lack of relation is valuable knowledge.

For my part, I suggest ancient Mesopotamia or China circa 2000 years BCE or more.
>>
>>587621
Try, Europe: the struggle for supremacy, 1453 to the present if you want a decent narrative history on the slow birth of modern Europe from the fall of the last remains of the Roman/Byzantine Empire up to the present day
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.