[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is atheism philosophical suicide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: Hitler1a.jpg (191KB, 980x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler1a.jpg
191KB, 980x1190px
Is atheism philosophical suicide?
>>
Define 'philosophical suicide'
>>
>Nazi
>Aithiest
nice joke anon
>>
>>582947
>atheism is for people who endlessly play with concepts

That is philosophical suicide only accepting the atheists philosophy as "objective"
>>
>>582928
Metaphysical suicide, but the beginning of philosophical awakening.

Atheism is even a spiritual error committed by Christians in the beginning of their walk with God. You have to reject God before God reaches down and says, "You have rejected Me, but I know you and I love you regardless."
This initial rejection of God highlights the difference between our contempt for Him and His compassion for us. It is the internalization of your sin and your hatred for God. Then, when the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, stabs you in the chest you feel every bit of it.
>>
>>582954
It's kind of like saying all religious people are Christian and there isn't any other religion.

So when there are threads like "Why do religious people" it is aimed at Christians for the most part

By that logic all atheists are Nazis make sense?
>>
>>582970
I was reading about MLKJ the other day and when he was younger didn't believe in Jesus and grew up to be a Baptist minister.

I guess a lot of us deny the possibility of God, especially when atheists use the Bible to prove their point and there is so much more out there they don't ever look at. Just a matter of "too late" you know. Your right metaphysical makes more sense
>>
>>582967

Everyone plays with concepts constantly. That's how your brain works, you fucking retard.

And I don't only accept atheist philosophy as objective, I just don't waste my time on snake oil horseshit where I'm told I've got problems I don't really have, and conveniently, only a priest can solve them for a small fee
>>
>>582977
But the Nazis were mostly Christians you retard.
>>
>>582986
I think even if we believe in God, we solve our own problems and not priests. Depends the priest though, it isn't "go do this ritual because..."

If you know the priest it's way different, but yeah.
>>
>>582988
Fake Christians. If they were actually Christian they would have been tolerant and peaceful they had no valid religious authority

Flipping a swastika is equivalent to an upside down cross
>>
>>582994
>I think even if we believe in God, we solve our own problems and not priests.

I think we also do this if we don't believe in a god
>>
>>582928
Hard or "gnostic" atheism is.
>>
>>583008
No, you need to bow down and repent otherwise I spit on you just kidding.
>>
File: 1399603467162.jpg (129KB, 701x755px) Image search: [Google]
1399603467162.jpg
129KB, 701x755px
Not only that, it's suicide on a cultural scale, and of course -- it goes without saying -- a spiritual one.

It's one of the reasons Europe is getting so fucked up by Islam. Secular humanism is just hedonism with prettier clothes. Relativism is stagnation.

I also blame the above migration on the current naivete of my brothers, the Catholics and even other denominations, on being complicit in importing these backward fucks on the mistaken idea that they have stopped being our enemy somehow, and that they don't seek to undermine the society beneath us.
>>
>>582999
No true Scotsman.
>>
>>583034

Yes, because Angela Merkel is the leader of the Atheist Democratic Union

Oh wait
>>
atheism is the birth of philosophy.
determinism and nihilism is philosophical suicide
>>
>>583034
>Secular humanism and moral relativism
>kek

Right, really fancy ways to say atheism but it is true that we all have subjective perspectives, there is also a absolute perspective and goal. Hedonism only when your society is sense indulgent and only cares for material things.

Because even "religious" imperialism has a huge contradiction in it too..

Actual religious values could help spread some love.
>>
>>583066
Anyone can love wisdom, atheist or religious
>>
>>582999
flipping your trips is equivalent to the mark of the devil you crazy ass nigger
>>
>>583077
Religion is pretty much the philosophy for people who don't want to think on their own.
Philosophy is like cooking where religion is going to mcdonalds

deep
>>
>>583097
Religious people can think for themselves, they are just looking for the divine revelation in everything.

That would be like saying "atheists don't think for themself" but their desire controls them and is not their own

peed
>>
>>582928

Amusing butthurt response to a serious thread.

>>582873

Notice that atheists are actually able to defend themselves rather than running away.
>>
>>583142
Just funny the other thread seems like a psychological religion is bad meme
>>
>>583152

Not really, the premise was based on the work of an actual philosopher rather than just getting mad and posting Hitler.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 600x600px
>>
>>583180
>actual philosopher
Aren't we all
>>
>>583184
If the Nazis supported atheism, why did they have a Catholic bishop?
>>
>>583184

Hitler references God multiple times in Mein Kampf.
>>
>>583184
Following the millenialist religion of Communism does not make one an atheist.
>>
>>583119

But if you don't follow the dogma, your not religious. You don't think for yourself as a religious person, the holy scripture does.
>>
>>582994
>I think even if we believe in God, we solve our own problems and not priests. Depends the priest though, it isn't "go do this ritual because..."

Then God is largely a redundant concept, or at least religion is.
>>
>>583228
Scripture is aliveness but to say that it thinks for you is ridiculous.

You take the teachings and use them to help you build a relationship to God and seeing the divine in all things, people, and just notice the difference.

>>583238
To an extent "religion" is always described in stereotypes and sometimes is practiced that way but if you look for it chances are you'll find the right place to observe the religious ceremony.
>>
>>583184
>hitler
>athiest
>stalin and Lenin
>bad
>>
>>583184
Gommies and nadzis are bad news.
>>
>>583265
>To an extent "religion" is always described in stereotypes and sometimes is practiced that way but if you look for it chances are you'll find the right place to observe the religious ceremony.

Vague and meaningless.

This is essentially saying I can't justify any particular sect or their mutually exclusive contrary trurth claims, while vaguely implying if you find the right sect then everything will be explained.
>>
>>583184
>implying that atheism was the driving force behind communist atrocities, rather than desire for political power
>implying the Nazis were atheists
>>
>>582928
I don't think necessarily, though I'm suspicious of anyone who is an atheist and makes a value judgement.
>>
>>583200
What are you talking about? The Nazi party actively persecuted the Catholic church, shut down all Catholic social organisations (and basically all non-Nazi ones), killed thousands of priests, etc.

The Catholic church was explicitly opposed to Nazism.

Protestant churches that didn't go along with the Nazis also got shit on.
>>
I would instantly subscribe to any religion that seemed to have reasonable morals, goals and views and didn't have so much fucking insane shit that I'm supposed to believe.

Like any of the impossible stuff Jesus supposedly did, or Angels, and all that that basically every religion has.

Sure if it's deliberate stories that have some kind of moral, lesson or a point behind the story but they're seemingly never presented as that. They are literally presented as something you're supposed to believe.
>>
>>583265

>Scripture is aliveness but to say that it thinks for you is ridiculous.

>what is the 10 commandments

>You take the teachings and use them to help you build a relationship to God and seeing the divine in all things, people, and just notice the difference.

So god is emotion?
>>
>>583228
>the holy scripture does
And the scripture is meant to be interpreted.
>>
>>584173

See

>>584131

>what is the 10 commandments?
>>
>>583469
The Nazis did persecute the Catholic Church to an extent, but no more than they did any other non-nazi organization. they forced all recreational and youth organizations to shut down or get under the Nazi banner. And the Catholic church was far from anti-Nazi, the Vatican supported the Nazis since they were fighting against the Soviets
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.