[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For alternative history - How to get a more diverse North America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

For alternative history - How to get a more diverse North America? So not all speak English, greater cultural differences between countries, etc.
>>
File: Enemy's_language.jpg (23KB, 227x309px) Image search: [Google]
Enemy's_language.jpg
23KB, 227x309px
WW2 kinda made it hard but there used to be newspapers in the Midwest in German. You can probably guess why that stopped. Makes you wonder if it would have stayed diverse
>>
>>581908
If England / Britain wasn't so aggressive for North America, there would probably be Swedish and Dutch speakers around New York, Dominant French Speakers in mid-America and all of Canada, and most of the south west and Florida would be Spanish.
>>
File: rocinha.jpg (319KB, 1544x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rocinha.jpg
319KB, 1544x1024px
look at more diverse portions of the americas for examples
>>
>>583175
The Swedes would be in Delmarva/Phila/South NJ and the Dutch in the Greater NYC area + the Upstate save the area around the great lakes
>>
>>583175
Can anyone make a map with colors indicating this stuff?
>>
>>583383
Since the Dutch and Swedish colonies were nipped in the bud and the other colonial powers came together to prevent other countries from colonizing America (see: Scotland), it's difficult to say who'd own what.

Interesting side note: the Russians managed to colonize as far down South as California
>>
>>583411
What part of California?
Also, did you mean to reply to me?
>>
>>583420
Northern California but they only traded and had a few outposts
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.