[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>iran = perisa >iraq = babylonia >syria = assyria jordan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: tbh.png (727KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.png
727KB, 536x536px
>iran = perisa
>iraq = babylonia
>syria = assyria

jordan = ?????????????

also, why didnt they keeo their old names?
>>
>>581424
Jordan=Edomites.
>>
>>581424
Iran was always 'Iran'. Just these stupid Europeans called them Persia
>>
>>581424
the endonym for Iran IS Iran. Stemming from the word Aryan (not the nazi bullshit Aryan, true Aryans as in a specific tribe of Proto-Indo Europeans). Persia comes from what the Greeks called them, land of the Persians (or Parsa as they would have been called then). You should learn history before posting on /his/, newfriend.
>>
File: Subutai.png (199KB, 588x362px) Image search: [Google]
Subutai.png
199KB, 588x362px
Ruskies miss me yet ?
>>
>>581424
Jordan = Jordan River

Another non-country which shouldn't exist, a tragic mistake of history.
>>
Jordan = Nabatea
>>
>>581521
>Another non-country which shouldn't exist

Yeah sure buddy go tell jordan and all its inhabitants that and see how they feel about the matter
>>
>>581433
Isn't Iran just a way of saying Arya I.e land of the Aryans or is that just a misconception
>>
>>581561
Its not a way of saying Arya but that is where the name "Iran" evolved from.
>>
>>581521
I think you're mistaking Jordan for Saudi Arabia (which should not exist and its land should be owned by the Hashemites).
>>
>>581559
Government: American puppets
People: bunch of "Palestinian" refugees
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>581424
>>Syria = Assyria
>>
>>582299
That's where the name comes from anyhow
>>
File: EarlyMesoKingdoms2.jpg (87KB, 579x396px) Image search: [Google]
EarlyMesoKingdoms2.jpg
87KB, 579x396px
>>581424
Iranic and Persian isn't the same thing nor is Iran homogeneous. Persians are historically the most prominent Iranics.

Iraq is only synonymous with "Mesopotamia". Babylonia is an ancient kingdoms and a region in the southern portion of Iraq. Assyria is primarily in Mesopotamia/Iraq, not in Syria.

Syria, wrongly derived from Assyria, is the historical name for the northern portion of the Levant which is sometimes used for the entire coast. The Levant is also a term that used to mean the eastern mediterranean and fertile crescent as a whole, not just the coast.
>>
>>581603
>saying a country should or shouldn't exist
Lol well I guess you know better from studying your books than the reality that actually led to the fucking country existing.
>>
>>581516
About as much as they miss warm period that enabled it.
>>
>jordan = ?????????????

He was a shooting guard for the Bulls and is widely recognized as the greatest basketball player ever.
>>
Assyrians still exist m8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people
>>
>>582324
This guy knows
>>
>>582259
stay butthurt kike
>>
>>582324
This 100%

It's also important to note the Iraq and Syria are no longer primarily inhabited by their native populations, but by arabs
>>
>>582932
Aren't they just the natives arabized?
>>
File: 1452547461922.jpg (942KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1452547461922.jpg
942KB, 1200x1200px
>>582932
>This meme again
People were simply arabized or converted to Islam. There was no mass killing of the people that already lived there. I don't understand why everyone here thinks that conquest always ends in genocide.
>>
>>581530

t. Total war: Rome II
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.