[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idealists, say something nice about Materialism. Materialists,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1449108912880.jpg (28KB, 450x436px) Image search: [Google]
1449108912880.jpg
28KB, 450x436px
Idealists, say something nice about Materialism.
Materialists, say something nice about Idealism.
>>
File: 1446932306339.png (38KB, 562x519px) Image search: [Google]
1446932306339.png
38KB, 562x519px
Idealism is true in the sense that we do only interact with mental objects in the sense that "I" thr ego is contained within the whole of the mind and informed by perceptions,which is nontrivial and interesting. But materialism simply has the causitive and explanatory power that idealism lacksh
>>
Materialism is a good way to understand concrete principles of how the world works, but it lacks the idealism that needs to be present in a human being in order for them to be happy i.e. Being an idealist tickles youre brain in a certain way that it was meant to be tickled, on a very primal instinctual level
>>
>>581202
Thank goodness I'm neither of youse and use historical materialist praxes.
>>
Idealism was influential in western philosophy and it served in holding back overt confidence in one's observational abilities and the belief that everything we observe is as it actually appears to us.

Mental processes have certain laws that govern how we interact with objects outside of us, and those laws don't necessarily have to correspond to the reality of those objects.

Where I would disagree with idealists is that I share the Aristotelian realist view, meaning that we observe truly existing objects and categorize them in our mind.
>>
>>581202
I don't know what either of those are.
>>
Materialists are so simple minded that, in accordance to Plato "they are incapable of great evil". That's about it fags
>>
>>581300
t. /his/ - History & Humanities
>>
>>581605
When will humanities fags fuck off? I just want history without /lit/ cancer shitting up historical threads with revisionist nonsense.
>>
While I hold that materialism is true, I was swayed by Subjective Idealism after reading about it to the degree whereas I became a theist for a few years until looking it up again and found enough criticism of it to deter me back to materialism.
>>
>>582534
>When will humanities fags fuck off the humanities board?
wew lad
>>
>>582557
I want a schism desu lad.
>>
>>581202
Every idealism is just a secret materialism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.