[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War of the Roses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: lal454058.jpg (48KB, 359x400px) Image search: [Google]
lal454058.jpg
48KB, 359x400px
>It's the 1450s, England
>War of the Roses is beginning
>You must choose a side
>You have no knowledge of how it will end
>Yorkist or Lancastrian?
>Why?
>>
Yorkist. Henry VI was a good man, but horribly incompetent
>>
>>579612
York. Because Richard III was the best.
>>
>>579617
And he was a good friend.
>>
>implying anyone would admit to supporting Lancaster
>>
File: Henry Tudor.jpg (38KB, 343x418px) Image search: [Google]
Henry Tudor.jpg
38KB, 343x418px
>>579612
Lancaster
>>
>>579635
U
UU
U
>>
>>579696
Why are they so unpopular nowadays?
>>
England is not free. The spikes on tower bridge need to be watered with the blood of traitors. Edward, aka some archers bastard, is not my king. He is fat and probably Burgundy puppet too. A' Lancaster, A' Lancaster, not a' York, a ' York ok? Praise Jesu.
>>
>>579775

Because in The Sunne in Splendour and The White Queen, the Yorkists are the heroes and that's where most people get their entire WotR information from?
>>
>>579617
But Queen Margaret kept things running somewhat smoothly.
>>
>>579775
Lancastrian rule was defined by corruption and mental illness. They were the ones that started the usurpations in the first place too.

York had the more competent kings and battle commanders.
>>
>>579878
So competent that a hunchback brought down the York dynasty from the inside.
>>
>>579612
Depends who I am and where I live. I'll support whomever my Lord tells me to support. If I'm some sort of Lord/Knight/whatever (someone of importance), it would depend on where I lived, who controls lands around me, what my standing is with the leaders of the different factions, etc. Knowing me, I'd likely pick the wrong side for the right reasons, and get very dead.
>>
>>579612
Lancaster. Enjoy your fucking hunchbacks you Yorkist faggots.
>>
>>579892
Even the most vicious Tudor propagandists were forced to concede that Richard III was an effective administrator with balls of steel. He was as good an heir the house of York could have hoped for and was in a much better position to secure its future than either of his brother's offspring. England had already had a string of child-kings that had furthered the conflict and needed strong leadership for the first time in a hundred years. Richard only lost through a combination of bad luck and treachery.
>>
>>579892

> 2016
> Still thinking that Richard III was a hunchback

It's not like they repeatedly made this very clear to not be the case in the press conference announcing they had found him or anything.
>>
>>580774
To be fair, the initial reports in the mainstream press that I remember reading seemed to imply that the deformation of the skeleton's spine was what confirmed it to be Richard III, given that he was a renowned hunchback.
>>
File: cockmeme.gif (692KB, 388x470px) Image search: [Google]
cockmeme.gif
692KB, 388x470px
>>579612
Whoever my husband chooses to side with, obviously.
>>
>>581034
you're a good 'woman'
>>
>>581037
Thanks.
>>
File: Richard III.jpg (92KB, 572x488px) Image search: [Google]
Richard III.jpg
92KB, 572x488px
>>581034
YORK
O
R
K
>>
>>581046
Cimbrian Peninsula. Chances that I'd be involved at all is slim.
>>
The Scots, seize the borderlands
>>
File: edward4&5.jpg (18KB, 181x227px) Image search: [Google]
edward4&5.jpg
18KB, 181x227px
Nigel my son
Thou art a gewintred mann
Thou musteth choose royal allegiance
Will you choose
-Rightful and honourable York
or
-Inbred and bastardly Lancaster?
>>
>Richard III was a terribly crippled hunchback
>he died in battle
If Shakespeare told you he was 8 feet tall and ate babies would you believe him?
>>
>>580813

>Named for Richard, sisters and brothers named after members of his family.
>Live in the town he wanted to invest in to the point it would be like York.
>Feels good man.jpg
>>
>>581129
He still spoke in verse, right?
>>
>>579712
that game was fucking bizarre
>>
>>579712
I forgot this was a thing. weirdest crossover
>>
>>581129

But he was a hunchback:
>and there was severe scoliosis of the spine, possibly making one shoulder[259] higher than the other (to what extent depended on the severity of the condition).
>>
>>582602

While he may have had a hunchback due to his scoliosis, it should be noted that Usain Bolt also has scoliosis. It doesn't immediately mean you're a cripple, battle reports from.the time show Richard was an incredible fighter.
>>
File: DominicSmeeBosworth03web2.jpg (98KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
DominicSmeeBosworth03web2.jpg
98KB, 345x500px
>>582602

Scoliosis is not Kyphosis.

Richard Buckley says, almost word for word "He had a severe spinal deformity, but was NOT a hunchback" in the press conference they gave announcing the results of the Greyfriars dig.

Pic related. It is someone with the same condition, wearing medieval clothing.
>>
>>582883
That's Dominic Smee, lives in my town and i have met him a few times. Apparently the shape of his spine is pretty much the same as Richards was and Dom here is one of the only people his age (Also around the age of Richard at the time of Bosworth) Not to have any re constructive surgery on his spine.
Also kind of relevant (Not really, i just don't often get to brag about this) I was in the honour guard of Richard III when his funeral precession passed through Bosworth Battlefield last year. It was amazing to be within 10 feet of his coffin.
>>
>>582937

I hope you weren't the one who had purple boots...
>>
>>582937
>>582941
>be the last truly great king England ever had
>finally interred with honour after five hundred years
>by a bunch of autists
>>
>>582997

Autists and weeping women.

I saw a family slicing up a cake that Richard III in icing, that had been baked and stored inside an old biscuit tin. Litterally the most English thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>582941
Someone had purple boots? Didn't see them? They might have been the Medieval Artillery re-enactors who did the gun salute, now as a re-enactor, i am good at identifying autism, and they were definitely autists.
>>
>>579612
>York/Stark
>Lancaster/Lannister

I hate myself for even noticing this.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453365005346.jpg (49KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453365005346.jpg
49KB, 720x575px
>>583253

One of the cadets. LOOKING through the gallery of the days photos, purple boots are the least worst thing.

TRAINERS?!?!?? At a kings funeral?!??!???!!!!!?

Have a word with them mate.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453364999830.jpg (57KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453364999830.jpg
57KB, 720x479px
>>585280
Also

>reenactor calling other reenactors autists

Hate to break it to you, but...
>>
>>579892
Richard III wasn't a hunchback- his spine was twisted. But an incompetent?

Richard III had such big balls that despite being a cripple, he donned fucking armor and died like a man on the field of battle, even bringing down one of Henry's bodyguards.
>>
>>583698

Game of Thrones is the Wars of the Roses: Edgy Grimdark Rape edition. There's even direct parallels with characters too.
>>
I'm from Yorkshire so I have to side with the white rose of course.
>>
>>585296
Most of Yorkshire belonged to the Lancastrians and York itself one of their strongholds.
>>
>>585288

He also captured half of Scotland, including Edinburgh, without much of a fight.

You can say many things about Richard III, but incompetent is not one of them.
>>
>>585376
Be that as it may, modern day Lancastrians are retarded. See Peter Kay, paddy mcguinnes, Vernon Kay et al., I wouldn't serve their great great grandfathers either way.
>>
>>585395
It's a shame that his character was completely assassinated by Lancaster bullshit.
>>
>>585738
The county of Lancashire didn't really play a part in the Wars of the Roses . other than one side descending from a Duke of Lancaster. It was more of a conflict between the North and the Southwith most battles happeningin the midlands.
>>
>>580774
>>580813
he had quite bad scoliosis, not bad enough to seriously impair him but one shoulder would have been noticeably higher
>>
>>585743

It's slowly starting to go the other way. He's the marmite king, loved or hated. He's either a saint or a pantomime villain.

I note that the Richard III Society are still regarded as nutters, even though we know that they were right about quite a lot.
>>
>>582937
>>582883
It's also worth mentioning that Richard trained from childhood and was by all accounts very athletic so his back musculature may have resulted in him looking pretty much normal
>>
>>585285
>ACF
not even once, they look like a shower of shit. Also, is that an adult instructor mong marching in the front left?
>>
Yorkist master race, even if Richard III was a bit of a nephew killing shit.

Richard of York was one of the few good men in the whole thing.
>>
>>585904

Interest to note that many of Henry Tudors supporters were former Yorkists who had been in Edward IV'S household.

Not least Sir John Cheyne who was one of Edwards knights of the body and who was unhorsed by Richard at Bosworth.
>>
>>585956
Not surprising really, Henry VII was barely a Lancaster by the end. He offered a way out of all the scheming bullshit and it worked until his son lost a jousting match.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.