[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasn't Rome technically an empire as early as after the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Statue-Augustus.jpg (492KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Statue-Augustus.jpg
492KB, 1500x2250px
Wasn't Rome technically an empire as early as after the second punic war, long before Augustus?
>>
When will people learn that empire is just a name and nothing else
>>
>>578094
Client kingdoms with the land owned by Romans, but not Rome. That's an important distinction, most of all for Romans themselves.
>>
Rome was an empire at least 100 years before it was de jure an empire m9.
>>
>>578110
>no emperor
>empire
>>
>>578102
It's not "just" a name, it's a centralized state with built upon multiculturalism.
>>
>>578112
In the sense that one ruler had absolute power over the senate then yes it was a kind of empire even when it still was a republic, like in Marius' rule
>>
>>578130
Marius was one of 2 consuls, was elected 7 times, which isn't even that long even if it was totally unacceptable. But it was a time of complete crisis and marius was the most capable military leader they had at the time. There was no dictatorship about it, you're being ridiculous. there was no "marius rule".
>>
>>578094
that baby is swole as fuck.
>>
>>578146
Suck my dick haha
>>
>>578164
I would if I could
>>
>>578130
>one ruler
>absolute power
>Marius'S rule
Haha what the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>578112
Athens had an Empire post-Persian war but didn't have a single strong executive position like that of an Emperor to rule over the Demos. From what I recall, closest thing they had was one guy chosen out of a few elder magistrates who's term was very short and constantly rotate, but the role was more of an authority thing when the electorates were in session.
>>
>>578094
It was an "empire", not an "Empire".
>>
An empire is born as soon as you get different peoples and cultures forced together under one flag. But that's just some guy on the Internets take on things.
>>
>>578118
So Bosnia is an empire?
>>
>>581515
>Bosnia
>an actually functioning, centralized government

Burek here, it's not true.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperialism
In short: an Empire is a land/state/country that is conquering other countries to form one big thing, where only the main country is getting richer and the claimed others pay the bill.
So today the U.S. is the Empire that thinks the World belongs to them, until they realize that this is and was never the case.
You just got the worst argument--your military, that´s why all of us politicians bow to you and shut up.
Great!
If the U.S. were wise they would stop their effort to conquer the World, because your fucking way of Life destroys everything.
Stop it!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.